ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

xbox-feedback-gathering.jpg

Hello Survivors!

First and foremost, thank you for considering our call for your feedback - you're helping us get a better grasp of how the game is doing on Xbox.

For this round, we want to put focus on the current issues with the game and what we could improve for the Xbox-specific controls, as well as the overall gameplay experience. Please understand that while we're looking for specific feedback, this is not a wish list. As much as we would love to, we will likely not be able to implement every comment/suggestion made here into the game, but having your feedback will help us set priorities with the Dev Team.

To avoid reports on things we're already aware of, have a read through our current list of known issues:

Currently known general DayZ issues:

• Server crashes can cause undesirable persistence wipes
  • There are various issues with cars, often related to physics simulation/desync (cars shooting up the air, or diving underground)

Currently known general Xbox Issues:

• Game performance (FPS) may drop significantly
  • It's currently possible to duplicate items (duping)

Currently known/acknowledged specific Xbox Issues:

• Spamming B when disconnecting can freeze the game
  • When a fence is placed, the game freezes
  • It is currently not possible to customise your fresh spawn character in the main menu
  • Hold breath feature has no assigned controls
  • Leaning feature has no assigned controls
  • It is not possible to reload when your inventory is completely full
  • Connecting to a Hardcore (1st person only) server initially spawns you in the 3rd person perspective
  • Some wearable items can obstruct aiming
  • Loading times for filled inventories are too long
  • Options menu item is named "Configure" when connected to server (should be "Options" too)

When sharing your feedback or describing problems, please be as specific as possible. Also, let us be clear that we understand how some issues can be the cause of a very passionate irritation (we play the game, too! ). Please do your best to remain constructive and respectful even when things turn ugly, being angry does not really send the message across.

Remember that it's always helpful to provide us with visual examples of your issues. Use the official Xbox guideline on capturing screenshots and DVR clips, and either let us know that we should look at the screenshot/DVR on your profile, or share it with us over the unofficial XboxDVR website.

To help you out with some areas of reports we're mostly interested in, we would like to hear your thoughts on:

• bugs and general game / stability problems
  • gameplay and balancing
  • servers, their availability, and general online experience
  • controls and your overall player experience

Also, while we're mainly searching issues and problematic areas, we will be glad to hear what you like on the game as well!
Let's do this Survivors.

(Header Image: DanceOfJesus via reddit)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

this seems to be a problem ocuring between all of my friends and i. While sprinting, whe we try to click rb for the zoom feature, it makes us throw a punch. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 2

1 minute ago, Califire95 said:

Fix the inventory that’s all that needs to be done and the game would be ? 

Please be a bit more specific what issues you have with the inventory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Extend sever reset so people how earned and worked on bases last longer, some sever to be able to have over 100+ players and others to have up to 60 and other sever to have up to 30 maybe, also keyboard and mouse support to come faster

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Rodriguez1967 said:

everytime i seem to do the surrender animation with a gun in my hands my gun just dissapears into hin air.

We are currently testing a fix for this issue on PC, so we hope to solve it on Xbox soon as well. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE READ BI

Add:

Different weapon sights

Hold breath

Lean (left stick click, right stick click) 

Spray paint

New weapons

More attachments (can be little things like a flashlight muzzle attachment. Brings immersion) 

Tweak:

Change heavy attack back to Y, we don't like running then zooming only to hear my character put out all their stamina in one loud "huagh"

Inventory is inconsistent when micromanaging items, either move to your hands instead or they swap out

Fps and stability 

Stamina (have to eat and drink less, just make it realistic) 

Night/day cycles/rain

Burlap and netting spawns (too rare)

Spawn inland

Also try to add something new further up North, because all that's been happening is people sitting in solnichiy and shooting people, that's where everybody is and it makes the game no fun, get people travelling, thanks :) 

Edited by Smitts
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Better Frame rates On High Pop Servers & In Big Cities And Gunfights. Add SKS & 1911. Server Loot To Actually Refresh After A Reset & Leaning Feature ASAP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

To be honest the game is pretty awesome right now! However the game still needs controller optimisation, and settings such as inner deadzones and outer deadzones, I play with an elite and stick drift is awful. The night cycle should be extended to 45 minutes to an hour. Overall performance needs a bit of a polish, and of course more content is a given! Love the game, keep it up boys n girls :p

• Like 1
  • Beans 6

Night time is to short and this makes the game less hardcore.  I really enjoy the challenge of navigating through the night and with the short cycle light sources and NV scopes are pointless.  Please make night time great again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

1. roosters need to be tone down a lot

2. hats & masks need to be fixed as you see hair and parts of your face clip through it

3. i would like to see server names and not numbers like the way you have it on pc servers lists

4. would like to see better clouds

5. uk servers would be nice

6. what happened to sliding down laders that seems to be removed will that come back

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Add more crafting especially the bow and arrow crafting its much needed element and also the truck would be amazing too

• Like 2

i am currently seeing issues with clothing (mainly face/headgear) collides with character hair, its not quite able to decide if it should show hair or not ? and i have seen a new bug wich is currently allowing me to strip everything off built walls, from the outside, we been losing barbed wire by the ton lol. also a few odd (but strangely entertaining) bugs when carrying certain large items, elbows bent the wrong way....3ft long wrists... ? there are a few others ? if you search for my GT - SRR Wild Welshy, i have a few screenshots/ recordings of such things. there is also a bug that allows zombies/animals on roof buildings. 

- a big issue for me is the duration of suppressors...that needs to be fixed (especially for the 380/9mm/45acp) suppressors dont die after 2 mags ???

and to end, i am THOUGHROUGHLY enjoying DayZ lately, keep up the amazing work you guys do, and i cant wait for the next update!!!!!

Edited by Nathan Evans
  • Like 3

The only persistent problem I can find is some desync issues and some clipping issues when wearing headgear and having hair

Other than that im having fun with my buddy 

Thanks for putting it on Xbox, cant wait to see what the future holds for Chernaraus

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Really would like the view button changed from right stick down to LB + rightstick moving.

Options to map buttons?

Ability to have preference in settings to view primary sight vs secondary sight

Reticle colors

When i shoot the first round out of any gun game lags for a second causing a delay the game and being very inaccurate.

Ability to change sensitivity for each sight and iron sights

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Hello DAY Z Gods!!! Me and my guys noticed that as we walking thru the woods there’s no wildlife (rabbits, snakes, squirrels, raccoons, deers) etc or until we get to a designated area where there is wolves. We’d like to see more various wildlife and for you guys to include a bear!!! That would be great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The aiming controls need to be fixed. Currently I feel there is a little bit of input lag, with aiming.

Another big thing with aiming, is that you can only aim left-right up-down, vice versa.

Basically, you can't aim diagonal AT ALL. Making aiming tough. R6 Siege has the best aiming system on console IMO.

---

VOIP quality needs fixing too. The proximity VOIP doesn't fade in volume as you go further away from the speaker. It stays at the same volume (loud).

This gives away your position easily using VOIP (maybe that's why people don't use it much) and distorts the user thinking the enemy might be right next to them

Bk-18 have Reload issues (Try to reload the Bullet like a Mosin or shotgun) you Need to press Double Y atm to reload the Next Bullet. 

Specific ladders from Factory buildings/Radio Towers make you glitch to death when you try to Step on the Lower levels. 

People are Destroying the hole Loot Economy With the duplication glitch [snip]

My Personal wish: Make charracters Server bound to prevent Server hopping/duping/Abuse in Combat 

Beds to spawn in your own Base to have a Second Chance to defend your Base. 

Edited by Max Planck
Do not teach others how to exploit, please.
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, Jd82610 said:

There seems to be no m4s or aks spawning around the map currently.

i have noticed is myself this needs to be fixed even if you go on a low pop server they are hard to find

Day and night cycle are a problem because night lasts only around 10 minutes.

Se also would like the reintroduction of rain and other weather effects, temperature is barely a thing without It.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1