DayZ Stable Update 1.0

57 minutes ago, ShadowLog said:

Server Browser is Laggy as F.k can´t find my own server please fix that

-Favorited Not working

-Search by Name not working

-Search by IP not working

-Last Played not working 

So what working?

Did you ever tried the fix to shutdown steam and re launch it ? That solved it for me. That made some changes that require you to shut down steam .

Ok let us forget about the FPS right now but what about the base building techniques, is it balanced? I did not try it yet therefore I'm asking? still taking 3 days to build 3 walls and a gate and 3 minutes to raid it with one tool? If yes that means it is not playable. Also the persistence system, what about it, is it stable? one thing I encountered today when I was playing, reloading shotgun is still bugged, after I shot 2 shells I could not reload with quick bar technique until I emptied my weapon by pressing R multiple times, after it emptied I could reload it with holding quick bar button. I'm happy about the ability to detach mags again from M4 assault rifle, thank God they fixed that. In total I'm disappointed, this game is still work in progress and does not deserve the (1.0) title. Do not get me wrong I love this game so much and for that reason I'm sad because it should be better than this with all this long time of developing.  

Tell us your experience guys.

Is it just me, or are the filters/interface to find servers super buggy. I can't find the servers I usually play on such as underground, UN, and RunningManz (I saw it once then couldn't find it again). It never fully loads all the servers because it starts lagging around 50% because so many servers are found, it doesn't remove passworded servers though I select it, a bunch of empty servers pop up and there is no way to remove those (only full servers), when I order by population it doesn't order properly (as in full, high, low, med, low, high), and doesn't search by name. It seems like a big step backwards from 0.63, and I don't remember this interface in recent exp 0,63 builds. 

Edit: Working better now

Edited by Lorax

32 minutes ago, sniper_i86 said:

still taking 3 days to build 3 walls and a gate and 3 minutes to raid it with one tool? If yes that means it is not playable

Try not building bases, mate.

For years, DayZ players were talking about Base-Building as being - what they called "ENDGAME
... those players really wanted "endgame"... 
now they want endgame at the start of play ?

- nice safe cosy DayZ ? -

Be happy you spawn with a flint knife ALREADY, dude ..  we REAL players spent YEARS  Not spawning with a FLINT KNIFE

For us, finding a couple of STONES and banging them together to make a Flint Knife was Totally Exciting and Dramatic.. LIFE CHANGING ... it was a step to VICTORY & SURVIVAL & HEALTH & WORLD DOMINATION, etc.. (all that good stuff, ya know?)

Flint knife, bandages, water ..  what else does a PLAYER need ??   Get those and you're set up to have FUN ... 

Bases are for the WEAK

enjoy

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

I'm impressed/  Granted I missed the whole FPS issue at the start, but I played 4 hours last night and was very impressed by FPS and overall gameplay.  Yes, there are a few issues with infected, and I still think Melee with an Axe needs a bit more balancing.. got into a fight with another, he had a .22 rifle and I had an Axe.  He got me once but once I started hitting him with the axe, he could not fire again as he kept getting knocked back.  he had no chance.  I think that knock back animation is keeping him from firing?  O ther than that, no server crashes, it doesn't appear anyone has lost any base items yet.  I guess after 3 or 4 days we will know for sure about persistence.  Great job devs,.... mission accomplished.

• Beans 1

Here's my impression so far of 1.0 after a 3 hour play-through. I enjoy the overall experience and atmosphere provided by the new engine and changes made. I see a lot of potential in this game, but I ran into some game-breaking bugs that made it hard to enjoy:

1) On full pop servers the infected and wolves move in slow-motion while stuttering. I can escape them by merely jogging away.

2) When I entered a Lada 4x4 it started spinning uncontrollably and launched 150 feet into the air. I died on impact.

Fix these two issues and then I'm just waiting for backlogged content/features, which I'm willing to wait for.

3 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

1) On full pop servers the infected and wolves move in slow-motion while stuttering. I can escape them by merely jogging away.

Doesn't have to be full pop.  Our server is currently set at 30 slots and with 20 people on last night infected got a bit janky and laggy.

55 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I'm impressed/  Granted I missed the whole FPS issue at the start, but I played 4 hours last night and was very impressed by FPS and overall gameplay.  Yes, there are a few issues with infected, and I still think Melee with an Axe needs a bit more balancing.. got into a fight with another, he had a .22 rifle and I had an Axe.  He got me once but once I started hitting him with the axe, he could not fire again as he kept getting knocked back.  he had no chance.  I think that knock back animation is keeping him from firing?  O ther than that, no server crashes, it doesn't appear anyone has lost any base items yet.  I guess after 3 or 4 days we will know for sure about persistence.  Great job devs,.... mission accomplished.

I think the knock back or dazing from melee or shooting is a bit too much. If you get shot once, you get knocked back and there is nothing you can do and the other person can just keep shooting or hitting you with a melee weapon. Honestly, most people don't notice when they get shot until later because of the adrenaline.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

53 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

I noticed that too and was able to escape from an infected while walking and carrying a tent which shouldn't have been possible normally. 

Devs, please fix the problems we're having placing tents as I and others had to move further from our normal locations because it wasn't flat enough apparently, but was completely doable in 0.62 and in some of the previous 0.63 patches. 

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Beans 2

hey all can anyone yell me what this file is !!! File "dz\Worlds\ChernarusPlus\data\scenes\intro.ChernarusPlus\init.c" does not exist it crashes on load up

I've made a sample video of the "slow-motion" "stuttering" infected I get when joining an official v1.0 full server. When I join a low pop server this issue is resolved and the infected are fast and smooth. This problem also affects wolves. I've tested it on multiple servers.

Here's the vid:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348933652

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

I've made a sample video of the "slow-motion" "stuttering" infected I get when joining an official v1.0 full server. When I join a low pop server this issue is resolved and the infected are fast and smooth. This problem also affects wolves. I've tested it on multiple servers.

Here's the vid:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348933652

Should post it in the new stable update thread 

This one should be locked

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Should post it in the new stable update thread 

This one should be locked

Done, I've also submitted it to their feedback tracker..

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Bases are for the WEAK

enjoy

I like building camps (different from bases) with my friends.

It's not about safety or re-gearing at all, it's about having far reaching goals for me.

Building something over the course of weeks gives you something to defend and maintain as a group.

Even if that's just a vehicle.

I maintained vehicles and small camps totally solo in the mod and that required a lot of dedication and hours of searching.

These Thunderdome style structures do not appeal to me and seem nearly impossible to implement properly.

But smaller more discrete tent camps and stashes spread around does appeal to me, and is straight forward in how the game handles them.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Try not building bases, mate.

For years, DayZ players were talking about Base-Building as being - what they called "ENDGAME
... those players really wanted "endgame"... 
now they want endgame at the start of play ?

- nice safe cosy DayZ ? -

Be happy you spawn with a flint knife ALREADY, dude ..  we REAL players spent YEARS  Not spawning with a FLINT KNIFE

For us, finding a couple of STONES and banging them together to make a Flint Knife was Totally Exciting and Dramatic.. LIFE CHANGING ... it was a step to VICTORY & SURVIVAL & HEALTH & WORLD DOMINATION, etc.. (all that good stuff, ya know?)

Flint knife, bandages, water ..  what else does a PLAYER need ??   Get those and you're set up to have FUN ... 

Bases are for the WEAK

enjoy

I play DayZ since 2013, I'm tired of looting military stuff, killing people on sight and dying and repeat the story from the coast. We want base building, it is not about weakness but progress and it is a lovely feature. Base building is a goal for the players to achieve like the vehicles. If there is no progress in any game not just DayZ there will not be any gameplay out there, base building and storing stuff, raiding and be raided should be the main goal of games like dayz. The progress my friend, got me?

3 minutes ago, sniper_i86 said:

We want base building

.....  I KNOW ..... you been playing for FIVE YEARS before you got bored enough to join the Blog last week and FINALLY ask for what you wanted. Dude, you got stamina!

<< base building and storing stuff, raiding and be raided should be the main goal of games like dayz >>  (blah blah woof woof)

"games LIKE DayZ" ?  ... <duh> you lost me there .. you mean  "how to make DayZ like other games"  ??

".. SHOULD be .." ?      ... <duh> you lost me there ..  you mean   "DayZ SHOULD BE like other games"   ??  

.....  I KNOW ..... How many times have I hears the same whine (guess you missed it since you were playing so hard for 5 years?)  .. ??  Wow.. I heard it lots of times..

You WANT base building

= You GOT base building

Now STFU and get on with it.

And don't ever worry about getting RAIDED.. I'll be doing a VIETNAM on your ass as soon as you start wondering why you're there.

xxP

[keep your head down]

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

so this one thread is only what is open?

no?

try clicking ACTIVITY at the top of the screen
to see what's gong on just at the moment..

Oppps!

Locked wrong thread. My apologies! Link below for current.

L

• Beans 1