ImpulZ

Stable Update 0.63.149386

Hello Survivors,

this update is all about the hotfix for combining actions which have been broken in the previous patch.

Still, let us know about all issues you encounter in-game, the next patch with fixes is already in preparation.

P.S.: We are proud of all of you who took this unexpected issue as a challenge, seeing the survival spirit flourish in the community means the world to us!

Stay strong, and see you in Chernarus!

• Beans 9

3 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

see you in Chernarus!

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant !

Hey! Just been playing the patch, and I feel a speedy response might help you guys out.

Just checked it out, because the lack of crafting really broke it for me last night; and warning - It's still broken!

The animations and combination is working fine - But the items do not change state! They remain as they were pre-animation!

when we get proper diseases and coldness?

there was mention 4 months ago that diseases and coldness(without any repercussions first to gather more information on how harsh we want to get.)in content patch
i have now collect data and you cant die in sickness or cold.chernarus feels like la canaria.
my stomach is full of alcohol tincture/gasoline and raw chicken meat and they guts and also i have taken cold baths in ocean and stream and ponds and killed infected to it and then also taken sips from it.
cant die.also my bloody hands did not affect anything.
i have collected the data,

also wanna point out that like in that status report shows:
AI Sensors/Audibility/Visibility...
it doesent matter what i carry or what i do....zombies are like zombies.dum

Edited by kopo79
  • Beans 1

Strangely, this update broke my key binding for "a."  And we can not manually change key binds.  So no more strafing left until this is fixed.  I guess adding the ability to customize your own controls is more of a hurdle than expected.

• Beans 1

Uh, not being able to use bandages or rags seems a bit of a deal-breaker... Has the patch fixed that, or is it just my inexperience with 0.63 mechanics?

• Beans 1

38 minutes ago, daniel0056 said:

Will night time darkness be fixed before release?

20181107182950_1.jpg

Use light sources .... or follow the polarstar in the middle of the screen.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 2

44 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

Use light sources .... or follow the polarstar in the middle of the screen.

That polerstar in the middle is the aim dot lol. I used my road flair as long as I could, only got me so far, the screenshot is from after it was spent.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Mookie (original) said:

Uh, not being able to use bandages or rags seems a bit of a deal-breaker... Has the patch fixed that, or is it just my inexperience with 0.63 mechanics?

Unless you are bleeding, you can not use bandages.

The bug is fixed, despite someone else saying otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, daniel0056 said:

Will night time darkness be fixed before release?

20181107182950_1.jpg

This is the way the night will most likely be from now on so it's working as intended. As Sqeezorz mentioned use light sources if you want to see but the only downside to that is if you have something in your hands that requires you to use both of them (I really wish we could carry 2 separate items in our hands) then you won't be able to use a light source. 

• Beans 3

47 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

..... (I really wish we could carry 2 separate items in our hands) ....

Yes, single-handed light sources should be in your left hand by default, and you can take on the right Hand a single-handed Item.  thats would be nice and helpfull, special at the beginn with a new character if you spawn at Night.

• Beans 4

35 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

Yes, single-handed light sources should be in your left hand by default, and you can take on the right Hand a single-handed Item.  thats would be nice and helpfull, special at the beginn with a new character if you spawn at Night.

I agree with you completely or even if you're not a new character as it'd allow you to hold something like a knife/pistol to defend yourself while using a light source.

What does a car require to run?

I have 4 wheels + 1 spare, spark plug, radiator, battery, one light bulb, a left door and a gas canister for the Ada! It still doesn't start! What else is needed??!

Edited by Pandemonial

This is starting to get confusing.  Which thread is the right one to use, stable or experimental?   Mods, clean up your forum lol

Now that I'm played quite a bit these two days Stable Update 0.63.149386 here are some things I think can be improved:

Just my opinion :P

Player Health:

- Player seems to regain health too quickly, when hydrated and well feed, I think it should require much more time. 

- Grey screen when in low heath was cool, now the only indication we have is a red cross, it would be nice to have it back.

- Player  loses hydrated and feed status too quickly, I think it would be nice cutting the drinks and food loot by half, there's too many but at the same time make it so You don't need to drink and eat too often. 

- Let us carry wheels, barrels, planks, etc, heavy objects in general at jogging speed; when You carry heavy objects for a long distances is quite tedious, also You need too many food and drinks to move heavy objects not too far away.

The first time I tried to move a barrel (like 700m) I died so quick because of dehydration and the lack of food, my stamina was more than half; when I started to move the barrel my food and drink was full.

Having a lot of space in Your inventory using big backpacks, big pants, etc is worthless now because You can't even fill a standard inventory (normal size pants, backpack, etc) without loosing the ability to run and needing to eat and drink each 4 minutes.

Basebuilding:

- I think You can destroy a wall just using a sledgehammer, it takes too much time and effort, it should take more than a sledgehammer to take it down. Most of these kind of games use something hard to find or craft like explosives.

- It would be nice if the password for the base gate is remembered by the player the first time the player use it, so the second time it is automatic. The process for introducing the password is quite slow.

- I don't know if You are working in something similar but a roof for the base or a system where players from outside the base can't put barrels or whatever for getting inside Your base should be made;  having a base makes no sense when somebody can jump inside without any effort.

- You can't put containers or objects under trees, if You do You'll probably will loose the container/object because it won't even appear in vicinity.

Containers:

Containers are not working properly, sometimes You can't put things on empty spaces, can't drag things from barrel into hands, can't place objects that should fit inside containers etc, etc...

Melee:

Melee is not bad but is not good either, the player shouldn't get stuck when swinging a weapon, You should be able to keep moving; because You can't move while swinging melee combat feels weird, Your character gets inside the zombies, etc

Night:

I believe the lantern with battery included for fresh spawns should be back, if You die or log in as fresh spawn and You only have a flare, the flare will go off and You won't be able to do anything.

It would be nice if some lanterns should spawn with batteries.

Conclusion:

I expected a greater change for being beta, I didn't see any gameplay changes on players with the introduction of beta, I didn't see a single base, not even a gate blocking a door house or anything. Gameplay seems the same for most players, spawn, run to the nearest military base where You can find the best of everything and do some PvP, die and repeat. 

Basebuilding, moving heavy objects, finding and repairing a car etc takes too much time, it takes so much less time reequipping on military bases as there are a lot with plenty of loot.

Making military loot scarcer would be good for the game imo because people would try to make bases and store things. 

• Like 1

Completely ruined visuality (global illumination, colors, etc.) with this unbelievable dominant gray haze, even at sunny daytime... seriouse what's wrong with you? 

And still that sick (making) head bobbing in 3rd Person view, which can't be turned off even in stable, seriouslly whats wrong with you? You idiots really know how to send the last PC DayZ fans to hell.

Edited by Sharplooter

3 hours ago, Wili said:

- Let us carry wheels, barrels, planks, etc, heavy objects in general at jogging speed; when You carry heavy objects for a long distances is quite tedious, also You need too many food and drinks to move heavy objects not too far away.

This is a hardcore survival simulator based on realism for the most part so players shouldn't be able to carry heavy objects and still be able to jog/run/etc. I doubt anyone in real life can run carrying heavy objects like barrels, wheels, etc. for long distances or even short distances without falling on their face.  

I do agree with you about players spawning with a light source such as a flashlight and battery for it as if a player spawns at night time then they're as good as dead if they've spawned far away from anything they'd be able to recognize.

• Beans 1

Stone knives seem to be out. That and fixing the apple tree exploit mean we're on hard mode (which I think is a good thing)

I'm liking it at the moment, glitches aside. The sound, especially, is immersive. 

Not looking forward to my first wolf encounter though - mainly because of my inexperience with .63 mechanics.

Stones are spawning on trainrails and on those wandering trails. You need two stacks I think to craft a stone knive. The same with Apples (spawning below appletrees) mushrooms (spawning in the woods or near hay bales). All this stuff are dynamic spawns now.

• Beans 1

I wish night time was like very early dawn.  You can see a outlines, but the terrain (ground) around you is invisible.  I stumbled into things and dropped off rocks and tree stumps as I could not see them as they were close to the ground.  All it needs to be night is to loose the colour and a dark sky.  At the moment walking around the coal mine with no torch is not very enjoyable and even with the torch it is still not good for navigating as funny old thing it doesn't light up the land marks that are in the distance.  And I don't want to be swapping to a compass all the time to be navigating (not sure if you could see the compass any way in the dark).  Also combat in the dark is poor as you are fighting in the pitch black as you have no torch in your hand when you swap to a knife or axe.  

• Beans 1

Head torch needs some fixing. If you move just your head the spotlight wont move with it. And from 3rd person it looks like this in certain angles. Love the sound of rain and wind. Damn nice atmosphere.

1sTy7wQ.jpg

• Like 1

CTD problem

When I press PLAY in the main menu, I often get a CTD. Does anyone else experience this? Joining works when I go via "Change server". Only the direct PLAY button crashes the game. It doesn't happen all the time.

I checked file integrety in Steam, everything is ok.

What happens exactly: I press PLAY, the loading screen (screenshot) appears (queue included) then the DAYZ logo appears, then, instead of opening the world, the game crashes. Sometime I even enter the server briefly, then it crashes.

I enter the game via Steam, no shortcut or something like that. No logs or offline mode.

Edited by Undeceived