ImpulZ

Stable Update 0.63.149386

I spent the whole weeken (i guess around 20 hours) to get a car working. I made it three times. With the first one i drove through the forests (very slow) and parked it there, so nobody will find it. A few minutes later, for some reason the motor wasn't starting anymore (maybe because i hit a tree just a little bit?) with all parts being pristine! With the other two cars i made a little crash because of the bad physics (especially on high speed) and the motor hadn't started there either, with all parts being pristine! All those vehicles despawned after the next server restart, with all my items in it. So i guess there is a global health which can't be seen atm and can't be repaired either. In my opinion you should be able to repair every vehicle, no matter how hard you crashed. 

The problem is without a working car it's nearly impossible to build a base in the outback, especiall because of the heavy items. So in my opinion this is the most important issue that needs to be solved after the hit registration issue. 

Devs please go on that, it's really frustration spending this much time and effort in something without any result...

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, _GoUp_ said:

@w0nd4bra for that first step you need the shovel because you dig those 2 logs in the ground
took me a while too to figure that one out
i'm not sure the sledge works for the steps after that but good luck!

ty, it worked for me. luckily i had a hatched, that worked :D

Hi, nice to see how it all comes together now, even basebuilding is in and cars are back. I would prefer you add the missing bits of survival aspect/playstyle back into the game, after the bugfixing period, (bows, crossbows, fishing...) before adding new weapons and pvp centered stuff. I like to try surviving off the natural ressources, hunting for deer instead of bambi's beans. A way to craft a tent or stash with leather would be a nice addition for post 1.0 content. 

Could you please add persistence to the offline mode in the near future, as in character inventory, stashes/base parts and cars' position/inventory saved when exiting the game. I really don't like depending on mods in these regards, as they often break when the game updates to a new version. A rough ETA for persistent single player would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Played for a couple hours and unlike the other day actually had no issues worth mentioning. All I can think of is one zombie in the distance galloping 250 m up a hill into a forest, then apparently respawning and restarting the process. Encountered only two people but no frame drop on firing first shot of the session or hit registration issues.

• Beans 1

Okay, we managed to build a little base with some fences and gates. I encountered some (personal) problems:

If you build a fence and upgrade it to a gate, it is still named "fence" when u press TAB. Its kinda confusing, when u try to attach a combination lock and put it on the wrong "fence". Would be better if only a gate (after upgrading the fence) can equipped with a lock.

Second, the action point of the gates (open/close gate) are not optimal. There are too small and depending on which direction u built the gate, u cannot enter or leave the base, because the option to open/close the gate is on the direct opposite site  of the gate.

Edited by w0nd4bra

Middle mouse button (or shift) while holding right mouse button. Kinda complicated. If u have a scope attached, just use the mousewheel.

So, is it really 1:1 day/night and based on the server location? What about people who work in the day? A fresh spawn with no light source won't last long at all. It's very dark, which is great and all, but people who can only play in the evening surely don't want to spend all of their time staring at a black screen. 

Am I correct that this is the current setup for the official servers?

• Beans 1

So, I died today... to infected... which I can't even remember when that was the last time. All because there are apparently approximately 10 infected at a single house in the middle of the nowhere. Must have a big family. It doesn't make any sense at all, they are all clumped together around this same house which you wouldn't even see in cities or towns. Luckily BioHaze was there to save and stash my loot. Also, I don't like how they keep damaging your clothes, it's way too fast. This makes them tedious and annoying, which is a bad thing in my opinion. It's the same with the bleeding before, you're constantly looking for sewing kits or even new clothes and rags were a dime a dozen. I rarely find sewing kits.

That said, we worked the entire day to get a car going. We finally got it going (all the fluids and parts, except exterior). Unfortunately it was dark by the time we were done so couldn't really test it. Just drove it from the spawn slowly to stash it away somewhere for later use.

Was also a busy day with seeing players/player interaction, most interaction was bad unfortunately. Fing got killed twice.

Edit: by the way, anyone knows if suppressors are working 100 %? Earlier today Fing got the same treatment as me and got knocked out as well. Fortunately I was close and had to shoot them with my AKM in order to save him. It was suppressed and Fing said that the last few shots were unsuppressed which would be weird because the suppressor is still worn and not ruined.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, IMT said:

So, I died today... to infected... which I can't even remember when that was the last time. All because there are apparently approximately 10 infected at a single house in the middle of the nowhere. Must have a big family. It doesn't make any sense at all, they are all clumped together around this same house which you wouldn't even see in cities or towns. Luckily BioHaze was there to save and stash my loot. Also, I don't like how they keep damaging your clothes, it's way too fast. This makes them tedious and annoying, which is a bad thing in my opinion. It's the same with the bleeding before, you're constantly looking for sewing kits or even new clothes and rags were a dime a dozen. I rarely find sewing kits.

That said, we worked the entire day to get a car going. We finally got it going (all the fluids and parts, except exterior). Unfortunately it was dark by the time we were done so couldn't really test it. Just drove it from the spawn slowly to stash it away somewhere for later use.

Was also a busy day with seeing players/player interaction, most interaction was bad unfortunately. Fing got killed twice.

Edit: by the way, anyone knows if suppressors are working 100 %? Earlier today Fing got the same treatment as me and got knocked out as well. Fortunately I was close and had to shoot them with my AKM in order to save him. It was suppressed and Fing said that the last few shots were unsuppressed which would be weird because the suppressor is still worn and not ruined.

As far as I know they're 100% suppressed as I've used an improvised and newly named normalized suppressor (formerly eastern suppressor) and depending on how far away I was from infected I never got a reaction from others that were near the one I was shooting. I have noticed with an m4 with an improvised suppressor and regular suppressor (don't know the new name yet) is that infected no matter the distance from you will run at you as if you had no suppressor.

6 hours ago, IMT said:

I rarely find sewing kits.

I found four or five on private server.

I hat problems with weapons. First I lost shotgun when I did "laying down" animation. It just desapered. I have some 50+ rounds, but no weapon. Then Makarov got stuck, mag got stuck in middle of slide and bullet was floating next to it. Its same in inventory and in game. I couldnt reload another mag or remove mag in pistol. Only chamber one round.

7 hours ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

So, is it really 1:1 day/night and based on the server location? What about people who work in the day? A fresh spawn with no light source won't last long at all. It's very dark, which is great and all, but people who can only play in the evening surely don't want to spend all of their time staring at a black screen. 

Am I correct that this is the current setup for the official servers?

Yeah this is defenetely one of the wrong gameplay design decisions. It should be a 4 hours cycle by default including one hour of complete darkness only. This way we could experience different times of day during one playsession. Also it would not be such a long wait anymore for better view when being a fresh spawn. Last but not least it would fit the scale of the map much better, making long journeys feel more realistic. All we then need are flashlights like in the good old days of the mod :) Things like weapon flashlights and nvg's would then also become real valuable high end loot !

PS: Maybe add some special predators for night time to spice things up...maybe the chance of wolf packs to come out of the woods and searching the towns and villages in the protection of the dark.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Yeah this is defenetely one of the wrong gameplay design decisions. It should be a 4 hours cycle by default including one hour of complete darkness only. This way we could experience different times of day during one playsession. Also it would not be such a long wait anymore for better view when being a fresh spawn. Last but not least it would fit the scale of the map much better, making long journeys feel more realistic. All we then need are flashlights like in the good old days of the mod :) Things like weapon flashlights and nvg's would then also become real valuable high end loot !

PS: Maybe add some special predators for night time to spice things up...maybe the chance of wolf packs to come out of the woods and searching the towns and villages in the protection of the dark.

I'd like to see a bit longer than an hour of night, personally. Primarily, I just don't like that it is 1:1 and tied to server time, for the reasons stated in my previous post. 6 hour day + 2 hour night would be pretty cool, in my opinion. Even, 8 (day) 4 (night) would be fine to me (as long as it isn't always happening at the same -- predictable -- real life time). I just don't want to be forced to always play only in pitch black or only in broad daylight, simply b/c I log on at the same time every day. Good night-time play was always something that was missing from my experiences in the past (b/c of how people abused it). Ideally, if I log on at 8pm every day, sometimes it could be night or day... not always predictably 1 or the other.

Ramping up wolves during the night would be cool -- giving them broader coverage of wooded areas during the night, for example. Wolves are nocturnal, after all. Then, you'd be faced with more of a choice of wolves in rural areas, or zombies in the towns.

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)

@Baty Alquawen - Will items in our base disappear if we don't interact with them after a certain amount of time as they did in 0.62 or are items now permanent? The reason I ask is because it'd get tedious having to interact with every object in bases in order to keep them from disappearing.