Sign in to follow this  
Seky1002

0.63 Stable (BETA)

I am an optimist, but I do not know, if will be DayZ BETA this year. In this phase is in game only half of things from .62 and they must do some futures to end of this year (only 4 months) and Stress Test branch has really big problems with servers (kicks/crashes). I hope BETA will be this year with more than half things from .62 (In game are not some guns and attachments yet).

What are you think? Will be BETA this year with things from .62?

Edited by Seky1002

I dont think so. Maybe middle of 2019 but who can say that. This already take so long .... sadly.

• Beans 1

They already confirmed that Beta will be released in 2018,  even if that means missing out on promised features. ALOT of features and content will be missing (fishing, bone fractures etc. are already confirmed to be missing).

Edited by TDsS

Kinda sad that they will call it beta and still add content after the fact.  Guess they'll have to call it gamma when they are down to just bugfixes. lmfao

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Kinda sad that they will call it beta and still add content after the fact.  Guess they'll have to call it gamma when they are down to just bugfixes. lmfao

Yeah and in that "BETA" it will be quite boring after few hours of playing. I have got this problem now too, I spawn, play 1 hour (after this hour I am full gear) and what now? Running around all map and meeting only fresh players, no action. I know that will be fixed (this boring time), when will be modded servers, but who knows, when will be modded servers time. I think now is better Arma 3 Exile mod than DayZ, because when you spawn you can find guns and four wheelers (ATVs) and of course, you have got gunfights (a lot of), problem of this DayZ is: You can not find guns with ammo [only on military bases (this is fixed in this mod)] and some players do not know way to these bases (they have not got guns and stop playing DayZ).

Edited by Seky1002

9 hours ago, TDsS said:

They already confirmed that Beta will be released in 2018,  even if that means missing out on promised features. ALOT of features and content will be missing (fishing, bone fractures etc. are already confirmed to be missing).

Yes, but they promised too things from .62 in BETA, that was meant as Things and futures will be added every week/month after BETA release or?

hmm .. after reading this and many times before, i always ask myself a question, what is more important: to hold the date, or the quality of the game .... if it were my house built, then People build it first ... I do not want to live in it when the roof is still leaking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

hmm .. after reading this and many times before, i always ask myself a question, what is more important: to hold the date, or the quality of the game .... if it were my house built, then People build it first ... I do not want to live in it when the roof is still leaking.

I know, more important is quality of the game, but now is in game not much to do (with this content: 8 guns, some attachments, animals, mushrooms, pears) and now we are waiting 5ft year for BETA and you are trying to write me: We will be wait another 1 or 2? That will be really bad joke.

Edited by Seky1002

17 minutes ago, Seky1002 said:

I know, more important is quality of the game, but now is in game not much to do (with this content: 8 guns, some attachments, animals, mushrooms, pears) and now we are waiting 5ft year for BETA and you are trying to write me: We will be wait another 1 or 2? That will be really bad joke.

No, it's not about more years. Fact is that on 1.1.2019 a big shitstorm through the DayZ-media will go if beta is not published .... well and then maybe it will be in March 2019 .... is that bad if it (the game) will be good?

7 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

No, it's not about more years. Fact is that on 1.1.2019 a big shitstorm through the DayZ-media will go if beta is not published .... well and then maybe it will be in March 2019 .... is that bad if it (the game) will be good?

I know Devs are trying to do the best and I accept it, but some players can not accept this. And that is bad for game, because losing more and more players. I will wait for BETA release, it will be this or next year.

• Like 1

I am sorry to say, but for me it seems that announcing beta just was a desperate try to get back some attention on social media like youtube and twitch, hoping and praying for the best, while preparing the ground for the console versions.

However... regarding consoles I have to say  that I am impressed... the One man xbox team did a really good job ....

• Haha 1

I was very dissapointed that DayZ didn't manage to reach Stable in last 3 months. I've been looking foward to play DayZ on my summer holiday...

Well if they managed to get stable on summer holiday I'm sure that a lot of people would come back and restore playerbase since we're free from work/school.

They confirmed again just a week or two ago that they also plan to release 1.0 this year. So yeah, thats gonna be pretty interesting to see...

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, Seky1002 said:

Yeah and in that "BETA" it will be quite boring after few hours of playing. I have got this problem now too, I spawn, play 1 hour (after this hour I am full gear) and what now? Running around all map and meeting only fresh players, no action. I know that will be fixed (this boring time), when will be modded servers, but who knows, when will be modded servers time. I think now is better Arma 3 Exile mod than DayZ, because when you spawn you can find guns and four wheelers (ATVs) and of course, you have got gunfights (a lot of), problem of this DayZ is: You can not find guns with ammo [only on military bases (this is fixed in this mod)] and some players do not know way to these bases (they have not got guns and stop playing DayZ).

I'm not sure if DayZ SA is what you are looking for in a game.  It seems like you want easy access to fast action right from the spawn points.  DayZ is supposed to be a hardcore survival zombie apocalypse simulator.  The Mod versions you are used to playing are not exactly DayZ, but people having taken DayZ and katamari'd it into mass appeal to the lowest common denominator.  Not to say that's a bad thing, but if that's what you are expecting, you'll have to wait for mods.  A mod of a mod of a mod of a mod, if you will.  Most of those mods would have still held the same appeal without any zombies, hunting, fishing, and crafting mechanics;  so equivocating them to DayZ is a bit misguided.

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'm not sure if DayZ SA is what you are looking for in a game.  It seems like you want easy access to fast action right from the spawn points.  DayZ is supposed to be a hardcore survival zombie apocalypse simulator.  The Mod versions you are used to playing are not exactly DayZ, but people having taken DayZ and katamari'd it into mass appeal to the lowest common denominator.  Not to say that's a bad thing, but if that's what you are expecting, you'll have to wait for mods.  A mod of a mod of a mod of a mod, if you will.  Most of those mods would have still held the same appeal without any zombies, hunting, fishing, and crafting mechanics;  so equivocating them to DayZ is a bit misguided.

Yes, this is game for me, but in this phase is not in game survival content/futures. I am playing Stress Test and Experimental, but in Stress Test is only lost time trying to survive like survivalist (server crash/issues) and on Experimental I can not find players (I am playing alone) and you can not trading, because all players want to kill you when you have gear. I need community servers (PVE with PVP on military, airfield) and I will play as survivalist, trader, farmer or other. 

Now I am not playing this game as survival, that is true, but with more content/futures (after BETA release), I will play this game as hardcore survival zombie apocalypse simulator.

Edited by Seky1002

12 hours ago, Seky1002 said:

Yes, this is game for me, but in this phase is not in game survival content/futures. I am playing Stress Test and Experimental, but in Stress Test is only lost time trying to survive like survivalist (server crash/issues) and on Experimental I can not find players (I am playing alone) and you can not trading, because all players want to kill you when you have gear. I need community servers (PVE with PVP on military, airfield) and I will play as survivalist, trader, farmer or other. 

Now I am not playing this game as survival, that is true, but with more content/futures (after BETA release), I will play this game as hardcore survival zombie apocalypse simulator.

I'll be sure to let you know as soon as they allow community servers to run .63.  The one I play on has been empty for two or three months on stable, and everybody is on the edge of their seats waiting for the chance to get the village back up and running again.
Hopefully, as soon as the current stress test content patch is stabilized, we'll see some community servers making a comeback.  Still hard to say if people will just keep playing stress tests for even newer content though.

And I'm sure that the 100 player server populations will see no shortage of interactions of all kinds.  Still not too sure about the ATVs on the coast thing though; and I'm still waiting to find that mythical M4 in a barn.  Praise be Hicks, bless us this day with your CLE.

Just hoping they don't try to get it out and call it 1.v to get it off thier books ><

They spend to long with the old engine, that they know was not up-to what they wanted to do (well they know now) and are reworking the core (from what i understand). I like this idea, but don't wanna see it rushed out,just because there was such a mess around with the first try. 

Count 0.62 as a failed project, salvage asset and 0.63 is a reboot. Projects fail (hurts when they do, especial if your the only dev ... woh is me) but don't rush to fix past mistakes, put a line under it and plan from a fresh. you may get flack in the short term, you may lose some players (already have their cash..MWAHAHA!)... but if you do a great job on the reboot, that's soon forgotten, new players come along and the old one come back (you will not them in game, every other sentence will be.. ''you don't know what it was like, back in the early days(dayz)'')

Was worried to see them saying 'beta' this year, just hope that is a mistake in language.. or they announce, after beta, a free update of functions and content will be developed... cus i can see them getting much added in 4 months :(

I can not guess if it will come out this year, but honestly I do not care anymore, I discovered the possibility of playing version 0.63 a week ago and WOW I can affirm that I have definitely recovered the illusion by dayz.

Now yes, they have created a solid base on which to add content.

So much so, that I do not stop bothering my friends to play with me.

And sorry, English is not my primary language!

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2018 at 7:21 PM, TDsS said:

Why the HELL would they assume we want “beta” without all the features originally promised ? They are literally turning from devs of the year to biggest jokes of the early access gaming community . They are forcing all these deadlines for beta which forces them to remove more and more features , is this really all for the console peasants ? Didn’t you developers PROMISE US more than a year ago that console development would NEVER TAKE PRECEDENT OVER THE PC VERSION ? Didn’t you say that we would see the pc version RELEASED FIRST? 

I guess thats just another broken promise from this dev team . Now I know why so many die hard fans have left the forums and turned into Dayz haters ; the passion from the devs is gone and now all they want to do is finish the game as quickly as possible so they can appease the console people.

This isn’t the dayz that I bought  back in December of 2013 , and this isn’t the dayz that I want to support . 

Edited by blackberrygoo

@blackberrygoo  It's been apparent for a while now that you have nothing constructive to add to these discussions.  Your frustrations have morphed into obstinate hate and clouded your ability to make even the most modestly reasoned assumption of what is happening behind the scenes and why.

Case in point:  This is an entirely new engine they are working with.  Do you really think it's reasonable to expect that it will work perfectly out of the gate, or that the devs will immediately materialize the insights and heuristic working knowledge of a brand new system that only experience can provide???

Of course they are focusing their energies on making sure the console release does not immediately sour an entirely new market.  And based off some of the "feedback" they have received from longtime supporters such as yourself, can you blame them for letting the jaded PC community twist in the wind for a bit, while they make sure that the console release isn't a massive frustration for new customers?  Really, how much worse can your opinions of this project become at this point?  Trying to please such kind of players like yourself, at the expense of neglecting the nurturing of a new market, would be a very predictably poor choice.

The PC audience is seemingly polarized into two camps; those who are so upset by the protracted development process that nothing short of a time machine will ever make them satisfied, and the people who are just here to enjoy the ride and watch as their favorite game slowly matures to the product we have all been waiting for.

TBH, I kinda want to hop on the latest build and see if it's true that helicopters are only implemented on the console version, as that would sting a bit.  I honestly can't understand why they could have dynamic helispawns on Xbox, but not PC.

But as I've already said, who can blame them at this point for focusing on cultivating a new market, while all the longtime supporters are treating them like shit for still trying?

At the very least, I should hope that they will show some love to the PC community post 1.0, in the form of new content and feature drops; perhaps some PC-exclusive releases of new content, or official BI mods would be nice to see.

If your feedback is any indication of how such efforts would be received, I wouldn't blame them for thinking "why bother" when it comes to assuaging our hurt feelings and unmet expectations.

• Beans 2

Some people here show faith in the team like religious zealots.   Just believe, and it will all turn out okay.    blackberrygoo is correct, if in saying the team have become the "biggest jokes of the early access gaming community". 

For a lot of us, what they say has become meaningless, only what they do has meaning now.. and up to now that has been to fail to deliver, consistently.    

Anyone still visiting these boards holds some hope that something decent will be delivered... we all just want that game we hoped for.  I come back every 6 months or so.... its really depressing what changes or more importantly what doesn't!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 5:15 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Don't even bother.  The guy is a complete jackass who has done nothing but attack the developers with lies and insults.  Why they let him stay and post is beyond me

No no dont blame him for his feelings, we all have them me included and we are simply fed up. Your on the last list of good bye players still posting in these forums. If it returns in 2019 and attracts the player base back then so be it, but everyone has there moment of frustration, blow ups. Honestly your in the minority now, and it is shown by the numbers still playing dayz.  People angry or not, still have hope but it is very thin right now...

35 minutes ago, -MadTommy said:

Some people here show faith in the team like religious zealots.   Just believe, and it will all turn out okay.    blackberrygoo is correct, if in saying the team have become the "biggest jokes of the early access gaming community". 

For a lot of us, what they say has become meaningless, only what they do has meaning now.. and up to now that has been to fail to deliver, consistently.    

Anyone still visiting these boards holds some hope that something decent will be delivered... we all just want that game we hoped for.  I come back every 6 months or so.... its really depressing what changes or more importantly what doesn't!

I know you signed up in 2012 i didn't until i dunno 2014 on the other closed account. i think doesn't matter but i wonder how many real players still have been following since 2012 that are left. That's a full 6 yr forum accounts, a very life time of a online game.

I have been following since 2012 but stopped playing up until last year some time.

I just realized that it's been a few months short of four years since I got bored with State of Decay and discovered DayZ.  In that time, a little over three years, they developed the sequel on Unreal Engine and released it this spring.  In that time, they had pared away some announced features.  Initially, they were wanting to make an open world multiplayer ZA experience, but soon realized that it would not be feasible for them, and dropped it from the plans.  As it stands, it is only supporting limited multiplayer/co-op play modes.  I don't seem to remember people rioting over this decision, or the three years it took them to basically port over old assets and systems from the first game to make the sequel in a much less ambitious fashion than initially suggested.

We have all been waiting a long time, and this has been made much more readily apparent by the reality of having released in early access to let us play along as they eventually realized that the first platform for the project was a dead end.

But in the grand scheme of things, the progress on .63 is still miles ahead of what anyone else has been doing.
SCUM seems like a cool concept, and has many features that many of us wanted to see in DayZ.  (Advanced nutrition mechanics anyone???)  But I firmly believe that it will run its course just like H1Z1 has, possibly before we even see a 1.0 release of DayZ.

I get that people are disappointed and impatient; hell, I am too.  But much of this angst comes with an almost willfully obstinate lack of understanding and perspective.  I'd chalk that up as a good thing, because it shows that quite a few people are invested enough in this project to care if it succeeds or not.
It's really interesting to think that so many people are upset over delayed returns on their initial entertainment investment of what roughly equals a rather tame night out at the pub.  4-5 years, thousands of hours of gameplay, and still so many folks are personally offended that it isn't finished yet.

Are we there yet?!?  X P

Edited by emuthreat
  • Beans 4