Sign in to follow this  
Seky1002

0.63 Stable (BETA)

It's crazy to think in six years of Dayz SA development...

I know friends that have gotten married and had children, and those children are about to enroll in Kindergarten this fall.

I have started and finished a Associates degree, and nearly finished a bachelors degree, moved three times in two different states.

Seen the announcement, release, peak and decline -- The full life cycle -- of dozens of other games, large and small.

Yet Dayz is like a little time capsule from the past, immune to the ravages of time. 

praise be Day-z, we believe in you!

I do wonder if they are now on a more strict time line, for better or worse, with the Xbox editions. Cant see them getting onto Xbox without some reassurances. If they fail to hit agreed standards, then xbox will pull them(final nail in the coffin, Publication will go crazy with that news). Maybe this is why we will see a 'beta' of sorts this year?

So i guess this year is make or brake for Dayz, depending what plops out :)

12 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I just realized that it's been a few months short of four years since I got bored with State of Decay and discovered DayZ.  In that time, a little over three years, they developed the sequel on Unreal Engine and released it this spring.  In that time, they had pared away some announced features.  Initially, they were wanting to make an open world multiplayer ZA experience, but soon realized that it would not be feasible for them, and dropped it from the plans.  As it stands, it is only supporting limited multiplayer/co-op play modes.  I don't seem to remember people rioting over this decision, or the three years it took them to basically port over old assets and systems from the first game to make the sequel in a much less ambitious fashion than initially suggested.

We have all been waiting a long time, and this has been made much more readily apparent by the reality of having released in early access to let us play along as they eventually realized that the first platform for the project was a dead end.

But in the grand scheme of things, the progress on .63 is still miles ahead of what anyone else has been doing.
SCUM seems like a cool concept, and has many features that many of us wanted to see in DayZ.  (Advanced nutrition mechanics anyone???)  But I firmly believe that it will run its course just like H1Z1 has, possibly before we even see a 1.0 release of DayZ.

I get that people are disappointed and impatient; hell, I am too.  But much of this angst comes with an almost willfully obstinate lack of understanding and perspective.  I'd chalk that up as a good thing, because it shows that quite a few people are invested enough in this project to care if it succeeds or not.
It's really interesting to think that so many people are upset over delayed returns on their initial entertainment investment of what roughly equals a rather tame night out at the pub.  4-5 years, thousands of hours of gameplay, and still so many folks are personally offended that it isn't finished yet.

Are we there yet?!?  X P

I agree emu, a wise thought out feeling of yourself i knew would come out eventually. Not just jumping on the dayz bandwagon.

On a different note.

Sometimes people dont like what others have to say, but ill be very honest since we first where told of this and that and this and that nothing was actually time framed at all. It felt all slapped together in the dev process. IS this a lie or misconception? no its what many of us where so upset over.

From a testers point of view, i hope no other company ever does this to us again. Its out of control or felt that way.

Example

Introduce the bus, take it back out, reintroduce the bus, take it out then add in hats, rain coats, and boots.

Testers where not given the proper tools, but thrown unknown testing additions. Was not given information, was not introduced to test out key features, or find existing issues but thrown a buggy bus that when hit with a arrow would flip the bus or fly in the air.

This is why some of us are fed up with that dev process, not trying to be mean but it was a Dev management failure. (on a testers basis) not normal game play.

What are we testers? scum? That's the way i felt, and i was a tester being paid a long time ago.

Just saying there is always 2 sides to that coin.

Playing BI games since Operation Flashpoint and DayZ from the early days of the mod, being around here on the forums since 2012. I really was hyped for the so called year of DayZ 2018 expecting to see constant  content and feature updates and a full release by the end of this year. But as it seems now we will be lucky to even get a half assed beta version before 2019 including some basebuilding and two cars and tons of features and stuff missing.

The new engine will defenetely show its full potential in coming BI games like probably Arma 4 ( my steam account stopped counting Arma 3 at 1800 h a long time ago btw) and I am also sure that the console version will be recieved and do very well..but they finally killed the PC version with not fully delivering this year...it also feels a bit like we paid the price for BI getting a new engine and getting a feet into the console market....(not talking about money)

For me the pure sandbox is simply not working any more without features as vehicles...helicopters...boats...planes...bikes...base building....contaminated zones...dynamice events...high end military gear...predators...real scary zeds in large numbers...dynamic weather including storms and maybe even frost and snow....etc etc etc

Walking and looting...a shootout at NW Airfield and some old dudes running around dressed as girls with rubber boots and school bags is not fun and defenetely is not enough any more after 5 years.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:37 AM, EZann said:

They confirmed again just a week or two ago that they also plan to release 1.0 this year. So yeah, thats gonna be pretty interesting to see...

Someone is paying attention! *beans* for you!

They've shrunk the scope of BETA/1.0 regularly ever since coming out of patch hibernation/incubation.

Will we get the physics they previewed, with the car driving through all the outdoor furniture and blasting through fences?

Why would a picket fence, or fence consisting of a couple of 2x4''s and a small log really stop any car in motion?

BETA/1.0 is really subjective, and the final say on the definition of same is left up to BI.

My "fear" is that December 31st will roll around and they'll simply call whatever they have "1.0" and just continue from there like that's erm "normal" to do.... 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, ad inifinitum.... mostly feature complete for original intended features could never truly come or could be 1.7+

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
Removed off-topic discussion along with other posts that were hidden.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:02 AM, Seky1002 said:

Yeah and in that "BETA" it will be quite boring after few hours of playing. I have got this problem now too, I spawn, play 1 hour (after this hour I am full gear) and what now? Running around all map and meeting only fresh players, no action. I know that will be fixed (this boring time), when will be modded servers, but who knows, when will be modded servers time. I think now is better Arma 3 Exile mod than DayZ, because when you spawn you can find guns and four wheelers (ATVs) and of course, you have got gunfights (a lot of), problem of this DayZ is: You can not find guns with ammo [only on military bases (this is fixed in this mod)] and some players do not know way to these bases (they have not got guns and stop playing DayZ).

Bored DayZ players

5cVMAG6.jpg

• Thanks 1