DayZ is actually a great game.. you paid for it (once) .. you get free updates, stuff changes, different parameters, new toys (nothing extra to pay) for years, maybe decades .. It's a fine game and certain kinds of people get their kicks in this game .. it's not a MASS game - it is not designed to sell millions in 2 years, then get dumped and DayZ II will come out and sell millions, and then DayZ 3, etc..  no DLCs, no mass advertising, no built in obsolescence, it can be peaceful (go fishing) or dangerous, or  REALLY dangerous ... or shocking  or deadly..  .. It just trucks along and the people who like it play it a lot..There are some servers with a queue of FPSs panting to get in, there are some with lone hunters who like being in an empty land and wear deerskin,  there are severs you have to be careful, and cult severs and (some definitely unfair servers) and open-but-clan clan servers.. and strange servers, and people to meet, or eat, or eat with, and the people in those DayZ places definitely play a lot.. they spent TIME in there..  
So who CARES what number is written in the top corner of your screen when you log in - you only see it for 5 seconds... WHY are some people waiting for the day when DayZ STOPS changing, reaches an end, nothing new added, no more debate?  Why do people want to know this is version 10.000 ? After this point Nothing New, No, Stop, End. Finish.  In THIS game that is NOT the place you START playing.

Hey - maybe this game will still be developing and changing in 10 years? - Why is that bad?
The only answer to "why is that bad?" - is "because that's not like other games".

So, if DayZ is not on the Sony Ideal Curve of the Mega Buck Mass Development chart  ?  ... who gives a stinking mongoose baked flat in the desert noon sun on life's lonely highway if DayZ ain't following the same railroad as other games?

xxp

21 hours ago, aut korea said:

Time is running, at some point playerbase wont return any more. So i think they should hurry up or just give the ppl. something to play with. 1-3 updates a year are far to less....

That point was passed something like a year ago.

This game has proven many more things then just a simple slow dev process. Many outside devs know all about dayz and how its progressing. They used it as a bases for "What not to do in Dev". The rest on steam are just cashing in on the ability to slow development process. What can be learned is the wasted money spent on time and rehashing the items already created. Those hours on pay can never be reclaimed. We are already past the selling point of Dayz and now has been turned into a niche game, low population etc.. It will never get back to where it once was.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:04 AM, Mantasisg said:

That point was passed something like a year ago.

Got any hot stock tips in that crystal ball of yours?  Of the 125 million active steam accounts, I'd soundly bet that there are at least few million who might give it a try once they start marketing the game in earnest.

6 hours ago, sneakydude said:

. It will never get back to where it once was.

While that may be true, there is much potential for new players through console interest, even on PC.  Some may opt for the premium experience after realizing the limitations of console and seeing how much better PC plays by watching streams.
If players really refuse to play the finished game because they think the feeling has passed, or they are stubborn and vowed to never play again after being "duped" by BI, I say good riddance.

This ain't a cold pizza, or a snack that was processed in a plant that handles peanuts and tree nuts. It's not a set of new tires that were left sitting out in the sun for 5 years.
There will be nothing intrinsically worse about the finished product when it is complete, besides some people's expectations and hurt feelings.
Which for new players, this will not matter in the slightest; unless you count all the salty jerks giving people guff for playing "that game," you know, the "half-decade long bad joke" that "wasted my time."  Do we really need to care what those people think?  I sure as hell don't.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:44 PM, emuthreat said:

Got any hot stock tips in that crystal ball of yours?  Of the 125 million active steam accounts, I'd soundly bet that there are at least few million who might give it a try once they start marketing the game in earnest.

While that may be true, there is much potential for new players through console interest, even on PC.  Some may opt for the premium experience after realizing the limitations of console and seeing how much better PC plays by watching streams.
If players really refuse to play the finished game because they think the feeling has passed, or they are stubborn and vowed to never play again after being "duped" by BI, I say good riddance.

This ain't a cold pizza, or a snack that was processed in a plant that handles peanuts and tree nuts. It's not a set of new tires that were left sitting out in the sun for 5 years.
There will be nothing intrinsically worse about the finished product when it is complete, besides some people's expectations and hurt feelings.
Which for new players, this will not matter in the slightest; unless you count all the salty jerks giving people guff for playing "that game," you know, the "half-decade long bad joke" that "wasted my time."  Do we really need to care what those people think?  I sure as hell don't.

Your hopes are still too high bud, even though we loved the game play...

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Your hopes are still too high bud, even though we loved the game play...

Got anything besides jaded pessimism to back that up? 
Do you have any real evidence suggesting that the completed product marketed to an entirely new audience will be rejected because of negativity has essentially become a meme?  And a meme that I might add, is way outside most people's sphere of awareness.

It would help a lot if anyone could provide support to their beliefs that DayZ has passed beyond any point of relevance for a mass market.
It's akin to calling a movie shit before it hits theaters because it went through 3 scripts, 5 directors, and 4 options on the book before it was made.  While some people may be intensely aware of them, it has little to do with the overall quality and reception of the finished product.

People refuse to understand that it will be new to those that just use consoles.  For whatever reason, some PC gamers believe that their impatience is transposed onto others that have never played the game.  Further, people that claim that DayZ is stale don't (can't, really) provide any data or facts as to why.  It's just a bunch of gut feelings or mindless parroting from people trying to get attention.