Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now
After seeing the night vision goggles in the work in progress section I'm getting a bit worried they might take away from the game a bit. I remember in the original mod they were pretty hard to get (maybe only at chopper crashes) and running around in the dark with chem-lights and flares etc was still a thing. That was cool. Then pretty soon every hacker and his dog had them...that sucked. In Epoch mod NVGs were replaced 10 minutes after you died by a quick stop at the trader or your personal safe. So basically everyone had them, every night. Although I did enjoy Epoch (mainly for the base building,PVP, and vehicles) the NVGs totally ruined the survival aspect of the game for me. I love in Standalone how we have to use crafted torches, lamps, glow sticks etc. It puts everyone on an even playing field, where staying hidden in the dark sneaking around but potentially missing out on loot, or lighting up a house while waiting for the rain to stop are heavy choices. If we all have NVGs, all the torches and other cool lighting in the game wont really get used much.
Im not complaining or hating totally on NVGs as i see them as a possibility of making the game bearable for those that cant stand playing in darkness (and I cant deny they are lots of fun), however i really hope they will be hard to find and keep powered (if at all) as DayZ is the best survival game there is, and if everyone has NVGs..well..it might become more PVP fest that survival.
Anyways, just my 2 cents...hope everyone has a good weekend...
Part #1 / Part #2 / Part #3 / Part #4
Hi again ladys and gents! This is the second part of some ideas / suggestions about Dayz SA that i have compile from my own thought and from some other user’s ideas (with some twists)
If you didn`t see the first part, I highly recommend you do it I'll be very grateful: Dayz Suggestions Part #1 [With pictures] I also recommend to check this guy’s wishlist that’s give me a lot of good ideas to imagine and discussed: Reddit Wishlist Of curse i always recommend check the Reddit Suggestion threat: Click Here!
First some clarifications:
English is not my native language, so I truly apology for the grammatical errors that may exist. Post format: IDEA + ILUSTRATION + SHORT SUMMARY (I can amplify more in coments) Each idea tries to be as achievable and reasonable as possible according to the Dayz spirit (Survivalism - post apocalyptic atmosphere) and actual game possibilities.
Let’s start (again)!
#11 BLUR ON SCOPES AND VARIATIONS
SUMMARY: This is a 3-part idea.
1) BLURRY WITH SNIPER SCOPE: I love the sniper view of Dayz because is quite realistic. You don’t see the edges of the scope like other games or a blur background (I’m talking strictly of snipers rifles – scopes). The Dayz sniper view give you immersion needed and at the same time the dangers of “sniper`s eye” (when you just focus in the target and forgot the surroundings).
The only thing I would like to add is a simple blurry effect at the edges of the scope (inside part) to give the perfect realistic effect. Just a details, simply to implement (I think) but amazing to the sniper view.
To give you some reference: Example picture of real sniper (Im sorry for the nature of the picture, but it was the best picture to refer the idea).
2) BLURRY WITH OTHER SCOPES: Next we have other scopes that don’t have the black background. Instead, you can (unrealistic) see the background quite well (Same sharpness and distance) while you are using the scope. I’m talking about Kashtan, ACOG, PU scope, RVS, etc. For this cases I would add a blurry effect but only in the background. Some illustration:
You can also use a motion blur effect that looks similar to this picture here and looks great: Example
3) BLURRY WITHOUT SCOPE: Finally, we have the no scoped guns (pistols, shotguns or just weapons without the scope attachment). When you aim any of this guns, there is no deep of field effect at all. You can see your target with the same sharpness of your gun, regardless of the distance. I propose (in the same line that the scope blurry) give some realistic and really cool effect like this: when you aim your gun without scope, your gun and arms suffer a little blurry effect (very light and minimalistic to the view). Here is some illustration with the before and after effect:
#12 HOLD BREATH WHILE HIDDING
SUMMARY: The other day I was a freshie and I try to kill a guy with a stick. He went unconscious but his buddies start chasing me. I run dodging bullets for about 6 minutes and I hide in a forest. Thy pass me by but couldn’t see me, but then one of them hear my breath at the same moment he was surrounding my tree. He found me and you can figure out the rest of the story.
I don’t want to limit the breathing sounds at all. I think is a great piece of the game and provides realistic situations. But I was thinking if in the same way you can hold your breath to stabilize your pulse, it would be cool if you can also do it without a weapon to hide your breath just for 5 o 6 seconds when the enemy pass near you or when you want to hear your be able to hear your surroundings. Of course, when you release the air, the sound should be even more noisy than normal… but you already survive the danger or identify where the shoots came from.
#13 TRADING SYSTEM BETWEEN PLAYERS
SUMMARY: I think this is needed a long time ago, I’m going to explain my idea that is not to fancy but I really think it could work. When you exchange a weapon or item with a friend, this is probably not needed. You just drop the item to the floor and done, he picks it up from vicinity.
But, most of the time, when we meet another player that we don`t know and you want to be friendly with him... one of the first thinks that comes to any player’s mind is: “Do you want to trade some stuff”? This is a great way to interact with other players and help each other to survive. Adding a trading system that works fast and simple could bring a lot of more friendly encounters and interaction between players.
HOW IT WORKS: Follow the image above while reading this:
First, when there are no players around you, the layer “TRADE” is hidden. When one player is near you (I mean, really close to you) it`s shows. If there 2 o 3 more players right next to you, multiple layers could appear. Then you have to drag the item to the TRADE section just like you do to drop the item to the floor. It would shout the item in place but you still have the item in your inventory (Implementation must require methods to avoid duping). The other player should do the same and his item will appear in the same trade section. Neither you nor the other player can pick up others stuff at this point. After this, you need to right click and trade to confirm you are agreeing with the exchange to each of your items and the other player do the same. After this, you can pick up others items and he can pick up yours. Many games use this kind of transaction system and works fine. Dayz should have something similar. Maybe with some more elaboration that I can provide, but I try to do it as simple and achievable as possible.
#14 BIG HANDBAGS
SUMMARY: If you usually play alone, you probably won’t understand the need of this. But if you have a clan, group or play on a RP server you know there are some people that are called: Looters. They go to military base to get gear from the team and full the tents. They are quite value these days since the multiple duping fixes.
So, without further introductions, the idea is simple: just add some big Handbags that have the capacity of a barrel (3 guns). It replaces your backpack (check the circle image) and reduces a bit your movement of speed. Same as the containers, you can only access the interior by putting the handbag in your hands. Big handbags can be used to transport weapons from one base to another, of course for looting and (when they fix the apple glitch) your squad could have a “carrier” that uses this bag to stock food, medicine and supplies. I think even small handbags are needed for some post-apocalyptic atmosphere.
#15 BLOOD SPLATTER OR BLOODIED HEAD ONLY WITH HEADSHOT
SUMMARY: First of all, this is not a new idea, it has been already discussed in some forums. I think it could be amazing if this would be implemented and I do some research about it founding this pictures.
Nevertheless, I want to post it because I think is achievable at some point if you just only limit the blood splash to a “blooded head” when you kill a player by headshot. I mean: I don’t want the blood sticks to a wall or into the floor like this images, but it would be cool if the head of the character you kill gests covered in blood or just change the dead skin by one that have the face with some kind of “destruction” (no gore). It would be a nice touch.
#16 PASSENGER TRAINS IN DAYZ
SUMMARY: No, I’m not asking for a functional train that could transport us through Chernarus. Im just wander if Chernarus never had passenger trains. With the announced new railways, we can expect that they can add some passenger trains like the one of the right.
The kind of wagons that you can get inside, walk between the sits and camp through the windows. Where you can find food inside and have some more complexity of the actual cargo wagons that have nothing inside. I think If we now have the new caravan structures, we can have some passenger wagons too.
#17 SCOPES REFLECTIONS / GLARE
SUMMARY: I know is clearly no time for this kind of idea and to make it even possible we need first correct all dynamic lights systems and some other priorities. But, it would be great if somehow Dayz have a good reflection system where, when you have the sun above you and only when you are aiming, your scope makes a glare in the opposite direction. (Check this example) This idea should work simultaneously with a good “sun protective items” (don´t know how to call it). In few words: we need the sunglass, the biker’s helmets and some other items avoid the glare for player’s eyes at the same time they make glare or reflection to others (under some extract circumstances).
#18 SAFETY ON STANCE (BUILDING TRUST AND DOUBLE CARRYING)
SUMMARY: With the new animation system this could be definitely possible. The idea is simple: just add a “safety on stance” similar to the pictures to the right where your gun can´t be pull out as fast as the normal stance can and you need to put the safety off to be able to shoot. This could be a simple animation (by pressing F5 for example) or, if you wish, you can add a “safety on / off” key to the guns (maybe by pressing the T key or double T). With the safety on, the rest position should be the one of the right (or tons of others like: gun aiming the floor, crossed arms on the gun, etc.) with the “quick aim limitations” I mention before (adding of course you have to put the safety off to be able to shoot). When the safety is off, you have the normal rest stance and fast aim as always.
What’s the propose besides the good looking? Dayz encounters and no KOS situations are basically generated from building some initial trust. When you meet another player (both of you with loaded weapons) the only way to create that trust is by putting your gun in your back or inventory (when you can). But what about you are double carrying? Some of you have to drop the weapon to the floor or put the mag out. This could be a better and more realistic solution.
Ok guys, that´s all for this post.
As I said before, I have a few more ideas that I want to share but I need your feedback fist.
Sorry one more time for my terrible English,
tips or corrections will be highly valued
:::::::: INDEX ::::::::
Hello dear developers! Sorry for my English! I hope you read my letter and maybe add ideas to the game.
Suggestions for improving the gameplay:
1) Steps-Sounds: Implement the steps of the player and animals depending on the vegetation, for example, if it is a deciduous forest, then a rustle of foliage should be heard. The audibility of the rustling of foliage for animals is increased by 150-200 meters. Add the call of a deer (in the autumn they have a mating season and the males make sounds that are audible far away) so they can be found by sound, you can realize a sound bait for the deer to which it will respond and so you can determine the location. This will improve the hunt and make it more interesting.
2) Raincoat-hypothermia: In the game there is a greenhouse, I propose to make the probability of finding a cellophane (polyethylene) on the greenhouse from which it is possible to create a raincoat with a knife and a rope from the rain, at night or when the body temperature decreases, it will help partially to keep the heat from allowing the hypothermia of the body. Also from cellophane is the opportunity to make a hinged tent, under which you can burn a fire.
3) Fire: add the sound of a burning fire and a crackle of wood, increase the burning time of the fire from large logs. The possibility of burning a fire under large trees, adding in such places the probability of ignition in the rain.
4) The sounds of birds: it is necessary to add the voice of the cuckoo and woodpecker, the players are asked to even realize the visual data of the birds. You can add to the sky a swirling eagle or a hawk that will also sound.
5) Starry sky: Create the Milky Way and add flicker to large stars, if it is possible to add meteorites, it will be very beautiful and realistic.
6) Construction: Add the possibility of building a small hut on a tree, for example, as hunters do when they wait for the beast.
7) Fruits: Remove the kiwi, bananas and oranges from the game! Replace them, for example, with sweets or lump sugar for tea.
8) Medicinal herbs: Collection of medicinal herbs (for example, St. John's Wort) and brewing infusion on a fire in a bowler, the infusion allows replenishing the blood level in the body.
PS I am grateful to you for such a wonderful game, thank you for your work, patience the spent forces that you devoted to our favorite game. We love and appreciate you, we are your loyal players!