ShadyUK

Auto Bloody Run

guys can anyone help me with this bloody auto run ? no matter what i try it just doesnt seem to work so am always having to hold the run key down everywhere, it used to work fine in the mod, but just come back to SA and it just wont work and its doing my bloody nut in.

if anyone has anything i could try would really help me out.

many thanks

Cut a strip from your CREDIT CARD fold it in half and jam it in beside the run key to hold it down, 

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
  • Like 1

Easiest way I've found to auto run is to just unplug your keyboard while you are sprinting. You can plug it right back in but your player will keep sprinting until you hit the sprint button again. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2017 at 6:19 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Cut a strip from your credit card fold it in half and jam it in beside the run key to hold it down, 

I just use computer cable tie, the plastic ones and they hold under the keyboard.

Loose coins, a stick of chewing gum, paperclips, nail clippers, a folded business card, plastic cutlery.  I'm not sure what this is doing here...

• Like 1

The lengths people go to to get auto run working for them in SA are laughable. I made a thread about this years ago and people started posting pictures of their whacky auto run set ups just like this. The devs are just being stubborn. They don't want half the server at any given time AFK auto-running. But everyone wants auto-run. The game should clearly have auto-run. They just don't care. As soon as modding is available it will be the first thing players add to the game. What they are thinking not just adding it now is beyond me. They are just pissing people off even more than they already have. 

If I didn't have a macro keyboard for auto running I wouldn't even bother playing SA. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 1

I don't want auto run.... Would get me killed more than it helped and I know I'd end up using it so I'd rather not have it :)

On 3/16/2017 at 7:17 AM, Solopopo said:

The lengths people go to to get auto run working for them in SA are laughable. I made a thread about this years ago and people started posting pictures of their whacky auto run set ups just like this. The devs are just being stubborn. They don't want half the server at any given time AFK auto-running. But everyone wants auto-run. The game should clearly have auto-run. They just don't care. As soon as modding is available it will be the first thing players add to the game. What they are thinking not just adding it now is beyond me. They are just pissing people off even more than they already have. 

If I didn't have a macro keyboard for auto running I wouldn't even bother playing SA. 

Arma 3 has autorun feature for devs to develop from. I remember using it in exile mod. Not sure if arma did this or the mods. Was rather nice to have going over hills etc.

On 3/19/2017 at 1:00 PM, sneakydude said:

Arma 3 has autorun feature for devs to develop from. I remember using it in exile mod. Not sure if arma did this or the mods. Was rather nice to have going over hills etc.

Yeah, I love it! On the exile server I play on the auto run negates the movement impairment you are supposed to get for running up hills. Not sure if it's intentional or not but it's awesome. 

Edited by Solopopo

On 3/1/2017 at 5:19 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Cut a strip from your CREDIT CARD fold it in half and jam it in beside the run key to hold it down, 

I guess cutting up your credit card didn't appeal to  anyone as funny. 

• Like 1

Just map walk and sprint both to mouse 4 or 5, then use that to run.. is what I do so I don't need to worry about the keyboard and can just run and look about with alt double tapped.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:38 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I guess cutting up your credit card didn't appeal to  anyone as funny. 

Ill give you some beans for quoting your own post :)

but yes it is a good and funny suggestion for anyone, honestly.