Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136770

10 minutes ago, franzuu said:

Seems like sound travel is instant and is not subject to distance? The order and existence of all of the events is of course dependent on network conditions.

Sound travel is in fact not instant.

I don't know what happened this patch or whatever in that video but i've tested in previous patches that it has travel time.

It could also indeed be network conditions in regards to the bullet impact. (bullet impact could of lagged resulting in the shot sound reaching you before the impact is registered or sound is played)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

(bullet impact could of lagged resulting in the shot sound reaching you before the impact is registered or sound is played)

I gave a fresh spawn some ammo and had him shoot at me. Seems the impact sound was delayed—shot and impact should be simultaneous with this weapon and range (≤ 0.01 s difference).

• Like 4

Gamma and brightness fix for windowed borderless?   Since it's the only way to keep it on my main monitor and such.  I'm worried this issue will make it stable since not very many are talking about it.

26 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

I gave a fresh spawn some ammo and had him shoot at me. Seems the impact sound was delayed—shot and impact should be simultaneous with this weapon and range (≤ 0.01 s difference).

Yea and also ARGGHGHUGUHU EARGASM

Can't wait till they redo environment sounds.

The leather storage vest now has 12 slots to it.  And the leather sac, at 5x5 in the barrel, with 28 slots of storage, takes literally every slot left in the barrel stuffed with bark to color it.  Luck for me, we can still spam bark.
 Thanks to Gary, IMT, and Biohaze for the help cooking and tanning.  RIP Dudester, the rain was too harsh for your gentle soul.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 6

im killing on sight from now on, Pick axes are superrior to sledge hammers, we dont need to test that anymore. youre welcome.

Edited by koffeekage

15 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

im killing on sight from now on 

Good policy, but try to shoot to wound if you can.  It's much more difficult to interrogate a dead player.  ; )

Well killed item hoarder yesterday, coyote with 6 m4 mags with all full ammo and 2 grenades. Then headed to krasnostav and crashed with 2 lowgear peeps at Novo. I said hello to them they backed off and pointed guns at me. Took shotgun man down and ran away. Wonder why attack to fullgear who has sword in hands....

5 hours ago, PongoZ said:

Alice is huge...

How do you repair health? Got hyperthermia and then hit by a wolf in the leg..

Still stuck at 1200 health even though my blood has been re filled for an hour or more.

Make sure you aren't stuffed or cold.

After being KoS'd earlier with GirthBrooks, I had 3 neutral encounters at different times tonight with IMT, emuthreat, Gary, and Dudester100.  1 guy traded some .22 bullets with emu for a canteen (Sasquatch), and another guy (Domino) actually ran into a building offering to help me with infected.  Thanks to them for not KoS'ing.  We slaughtered many cows, 4 wolves, and countless infected testing all kinds of melee.  You can't help some people..... (Dudester100). 

hABS7ql.jpg  SCRFLvj.jpg  Dudesters body

wa5KXpS.jpg

Here are some shots from the tanning process. 

2ouVpRI.jpg

0SZB87Y.jpg

9o5j6yF.jpg

8RzINCK.jpg

bSeVSaC.jpg

M4fhynz.jpg

eMj6jDY.jpg

Gary met us as a bunch of relatively fresh spawns and gave 2 of us working firearms and other great goodies.  IMT logged off for the night and we then encountered wolves.  There was one howl that sounded close but we had to double back to make sure we met.  We drew a few infected along for the party and the madness ensued.  I stood at the base of the hill and was able to take shots at wolves and infected without aggro.  Gary, though firing an Aug and in the best gear of the group fell to but a few wolf strikes and died!  emu and I killed 2 there and the rest dispersed. 

7qLALrN.jpg

We were able to stash Gary's gear and as he began the trip North the rest of the pack tried to get revenge.  emu and I killed another 2 wolves and stopped to cook all of our hard earned meat.  Once Gary realized where he spawned he spammed apples and sprinted North and was in all of his original gear within 20 minutes! 

kcoI0Yh.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

People with Augs, coyotes, alices.....

Do you know all server restarts or something? Or hopping is involved. I Never find stuff like that and i do travel the map and or heli routes.

What gives? ;)

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

And the leather sac takes literally every slot left in the barrel stuffed with bark to color it.

Wasnt leather sack 20 slots before? Is it waterproof?

Talk about heavy breathing...

• Like 2

Black-face (no textured) bug again! Pls fix dat! And when EMKAVEC / Drybag backpack has damaged status - pristine texture without lighting. + want fix for Vybor spawn! Vybor spawn is decrption. 

54 minutes ago, ECO80X said:

Black-face (no textured) bug again! Pls fix dat! And when EMKAVEC / Drybag backpack has damaged status - pristine texture without lighting. + want fix for Vybor spawn! Vybor spawn is decrption. 

pretty sure hicks already said that they arent going to fix this and that if you want a face you'll have to buy a faces bundle via microtransaction. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

Do you know all server restarts or something? Or hopping is involved. I Never find stuff like that and i do travel the map and or heli routes.

What gives? ;)

you should be able to see what i got yesterday on page one.

i spawned near kamyshovo, and direclty made my way towards the NW. had a few stops for apples, water, some lone houses along the way. i quickly searched Staroye Mil Camp, Stary Mil Camp, NWAF (a few barracks and the Mil Camp) and made my way to Tisy military base in about 1:20h from when i started.

That wasn't my fastest run there, but i found the Alice backpack in a guardtower, and guess that's a place that gets ignored, because of the many thents and barracks.

For now i would not go helicopter hunting (they spawn no guns atm) and go for the bases instead. if you have the luxury of playing directly after a wipe, go fast for the bases (even the small camps) the loot shold still be fresh, and you can find magazines, weapons and all the nice stuff.

• Like 3

I'm hoping that whenever release comes (since Beta was supposed to be released 3Q2016, from a report done in 2015)...it will be on a new map Bohemia Interactive has never released...I'm not so much caring on release but a new map. I think most would agree this map is over played now...Just a thought.

Edited by ddreuss

1 hour ago, HaseDesTodes said:

you should be able to see what i got yesterday on page one.

i spawned near kamyshovo, and direclty made my way towards the NW. had a few stops for apples, water, some lone houses along the way. i quickly searched Staroye Mil Camp, Stary Mil Camp, NWAF (a few barracks and the Mil Camp) and made my way to Tisy military base in about 1:20h from when i started.

That wasn't my fastest run there, but i found the Alice backpack in a guardtower, and guess that's a place that gets ignored, because of the many thents and barracks.

For now i would not go helicopter hunting (they spawn no guns atm) and go for the bases instead. if you have the luxury of playing directly after a wipe, go fast for the bases (even the small camps) the loot shold still be fresh, and you can find magazines, weapons and all the nice stuff.

Its unfortunate you mentioned this, but you figured it out. Not everyone mind you.

4 hours ago, McWendy said:

What gives? ;)

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 3

The leather pants and jacket are each 9 slot items now!  I hope this isn't a glitch and was done on purpose, as they do represent a SIGNIFICANT amount of effort to make.  Look pretty awesome to in my opinion.

• Like 3

HI Here some of my very frustating bug on x64 0.61 exp since 1 week patch.

-----------------

on x86 no problem with that, just the Sound level problem and  The spatialization of the breath and the feet should not move because it Disturbed if we change the angle of the camera.

BR

• Like 1

Hopped on last night. Great job with the new melee weapon sounds. I've poked a lot of things with a lot of sticks, and that's definitely the sound I'd expect if I jabbed a zombie in the face with a stick. Tested sounds on lots of different surfaces as well, and they all sound really nice. Is still one hell of an impact effect, though, like I wouldn't expect to see debris to fly off a wall because I punched it, but I expect that'll be addressed by the new particle system which... I assume is a thing? I've not heard about it for a while now. Maybe I made it up in my head, I can't discount that possibility.

I only played with the splitting axe and the long stick, but both sounded pretty nice. Really anything would be an improvement over the original sounds, especially the body impact sound, but I'm really happy with these. The axe - body effect could sound a little meatier (literally) but then I suspect it'd sound like it was doing more damage than it actually was, which I suppose isn't ideal for audio-visual feedback and so on. Also keen to see if melee sounds are affected by the new audio update in terms of audio frequency... curve... things. Might we see new environmental sounds for .61, or is that more of a .62 thing? I know .62 is meant to be a cosmetic update so that'd make sense.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, McWendy said:

What gives? ;)

Well, no hopping or timing of restarts for us.  IMT and I spawned when the patch first dropped around noon EST and we hit a bunch of the new roadblock/mil tents and then NWAF, all on SNG 0-2, which is our normal haunt.  We got reasonably geared up then logged off.  Later at night the crew was on SouthCentral 0-2 when I joined up and they were still kind of fresh, so we met up and shared the guns I was carrying.  We do navigate efficiently and cover a lot of ground, rarely missing a hunting stand or a summer camp between towns.

I do admit I had to hop once for science:  My health statuses weren't updating after eating about 10 cow steaks and spamming the well in Vyshnaya Dubrovka.  A relog attempt didn't help so Emu suggested I switch servers to update my status, so I switched to SNG 0-2 where I left a pile of vomit then returned to SC 0-2 a few minutes later feeling much much better - then I got devoured by wolves in Gvozdno/Novy Lug about 15 minutes later.  Ah the Circle of Life. ;)

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Well, no hopping or timing of restarts for us.  IMT and I spawned when the patch first dropped around noon EST and we hit a bunch of the new roadblock/mil tents and then NWAF, all on SNG 0-2, which is our normal haunt.  We got reasonably geared up then logged off.  Later at night the crew was on SouthCentral 0-2 when I joined up and they were still kind of fresh, so we met up and shared the guns I was carrying.  We do navigate efficiently and cover a lot of ground, rarely missing a hunting stand or a summer camp between towns.

I do admit I had to hop once for science:  My health statuses weren't updating after eating about 10 cow steaks and spamming the well in Vyshnaya Dubrovka.  A relog attempt didn't help so Emu suggested I switch servers to update my status, so I switched to SNG 0-2 where I left a pile of vomit then returned to SC 0-2 a few minutes later feeling much much better - then I got devoured by wolves in Gvozdno/Novy Lug about 15 minutes later.  Ah the Circle of Life. ;)

I would still be curious if others could recheck my observations of new loot spawning at a reset, should be about 8 hours 15 minutes from this post.

Not sure how "some servers having persistence turned off" would affect the results either, I saw it before that was a thing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I would still be curious if others could recheck my observations of new loot spawning at a reset, should be about 8 hours 15 minutes from this post.

Not sure how "some servers having persistence turned off" would affect the results either, I saw it before that was a thing.

I am baffled by each servers results, some are different some are common. But be warned Hicks said no loot has been reduced.

Kinda, love to look over the results but that is me a debugger.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I am baffled by each servers results, some are different some are common. But be warned Hicks said no loot has been reduced.

Kinda, love to look over the results but that is me a debugger.

I like to keep tabs on all the spawning and the way things are "randomly" generated, I'll probably need to mod them quite a bit to get the home server 1-4 player game I want out of the end product.  

• Like 1