Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136297

NW Airfield workout, full server! :)

20161129213730_1.jpg

I heard shots at the tents at NW, but who cares when you have a hoard of zombie friends and a fucking flashlight! :)

20161129214010_1.jpg

After I ran in circles for like 10 minutes middle of the open near the Air control Tower - no one took a shot at me I figure out  to turn off the flashlight and vanish in the woods still alive near the Airfield!

20161129214151_1.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I'm flattered that the official DayZ Dev twitter (Baty, DHawkz) used a pic of mine! :D

Now I'm hovering about wondering if possible patch to today, or more likely tomorrow....

Most of the times they update it between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM CET which would be between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM in your timezone. At least, that is what I noticed.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sneakydude said:

I know i been bad, lately staying away from dayz. I even got banned by hicks for a few days :) but anyways yes i should have reviewed the status reports.

Me like this very much, if we can get this into .61 i would be honored to help test it too.

Whats the chances it gets into .61 asap?

You didn't even bother to read the Status report after someone called you out, so why would i bother to answer your question.

There has been crazy stutters with this experimental release. But it is much better with keeping a steady frame rate but the stutters are crazy. Also loot distribution is weird because you will search 20+ houses and find the same shitty useless things more variety would be nice. It almost seems like there is nothing in any the building loot wise. Another thing is it is defiantly what you guys have doing with the new buildings yet it is hard to find interest in going too them when you can't find any loot in them. I have also seen other people touch on how the zombie animations look nice but are very awkward to fight against, I absolutely agree. Some of the zombies aren't showing inventory when they have been killed. When you spawn on the coast its sometimes hard to find food which is understandable but it is also hard too find food in the houses because of the lack of food. Yes I know you can simply pick food but there isn't a large variety of plants or a very good chance that you will get anything. Maybe there should be a visible cap on picking fruit but the rate that food its received from being pick is raised.I love the idea of hunting in dayz but I feel like the animal amount should be increased slightly. Loot wise after restarts you have the same loot that was there previously to the restart. Base building would be nice but I understand that's far from any patches we will be seeing soon. I personally think that with all the new things being added item and building wise there should be a massive change in the loot table. I think that in normal towns there should be large amounts of food ,backpacks, simple weaponry. Then in the new building that are being added around the map and new areas there should be unique loot in all different types of these areas. Like for instance you can find what you need to survive in towns but you want something only Tisty has so you go too Tisty. Then at Tisty there are going to be people looking for that exact unique item there so there is more competition. New unique buildings = New Unique items only found in those certain buildings.

26 minutes ago, DuckyD said:

Also loot distribution is weird

All things regarding loot and loot distribution are a work in progress.

Loot tables and distribution can and will be tweaked with no update needed on the experimental branch.

*If you play long enough to loot everywhere you will eventually find most things.

28 minutes ago, DuckyD said:

zombie animations look nice but are very awkward to fight against

This patch has had collision problems between old and new physics which has been patched for your enjoyment at least once already.

29 minutes ago, DuckyD said:

Some of the zombies aren't showing inventory when they have been killed.

I believe infected inventory is working as intended but can very tricky or near impossible to access due to clipping into map geometry and map elements.

This is the very first iterations of a brand new feature which will see improvements (and works well initially IMO).

32 minutes ago, DuckyD said:

Yes I know you can simply pick food but there isn't a large variety of plants or a very good chance that you will get anything. Maybe there should be a visible cap on picking fruit

Do not stay on the coast long in this build.

Also, for a long time there has been a bug where you can spam large piles of apples.

But, picking 5 apples, enough to move on, doesn't take long.

You can even stuff yourself with red berries if you are patient and then run all the way North.

Growing food from seeds isn't difficult either... varieties of plants will likely increase.

Plants and trees will be world containers in the future.

35 minutes ago, DuckyD said:

Loot wise after restarts you have the same loot that was there previously to the restart.

This is 100% intended.

You should not be able to follow restarts to farm loot..........

Please read through the MANY past status reports to help you get caught up to what is essentially 4 1/2 years of DayZ development discussion.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

-snip-   4 1/2 years of DayZ development discussion.

-Triggered-

Edit: To all those people who say there are no more good people left on experimental branch, there is still hope.  I was running with a new fellow who saw Riddler's last few posts and hopped in--lone wolf player since the mod, who just happened to be on--when we came up to Pop Ivan and found two people already there.

They had guns out already, but I think we spotted them first and got cover and started talking to them before things got out of control.  One of them had the broken bone pains, and would wail every moment or so, and they didn't seem interested to trade.  I gave the injured man, BlaXXX, I think, a stack of rags, and his friend Rambles gave me 5 .308 rounds, and the directed us to a loot pile in town that may have contained a Longhorn earlier.  We all thanked each other for the non-violence, after discussing comings and goings, and parted ways.

Here we all are shaking hands before we part ways:  NE 0-1

9CEA2D8849EDCA3886AE69C1B9372337A5FFB8AA 

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, DuckyD said:

.Some of the zombies aren't showing inventory when they have been killed.

Stand at their feet to access loot.

Also, there will never be large amounts of food in towns. When you find a can of food, it should be a shock. I personally think they aren't quite there yet. On a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty, finding a can of food is intended to be a ten. This is the words of devs.

The stuttering is related to server, maybe find one that works, I find recent experimentals to perform pretty well.

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Coheed_IV said:

When you find a can of food, it should be a shock. I personally think they aren't quite there yet. On a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty, finding a can of food is intended to be a ten. This is the words of devs.

I found more cans of food then chickens. I only once saw 3 deers but I didnt have nothing too shoot them.

Will vehicles be back in .61 at all? Not sure if completly removed or until desync is solved.

5 hours ago, Coheed_IV said:

Stand at their feet to access loot.

Also, there will never be large amounts of food in towns. When you find a can of food, it should be a shock. I personally think they aren't quite there yet. On a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty, finding a can of food is intended to be a ten. This is the words of devs.

The stuttering is related to server, maybe find one that works, I find recent experimentals to perform pretty well.

I agree with the food thing. At the beginning of this patch food seemed to be scarce in a good way, but since the later iterations I'm having no problems leaving the coast energized/hydrated. I can't wait for people to have to start little farms and legitimately have a need to "go hunting." I'm guessing this will come later as the survival mechanics still need some ironing out.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Do not stay on the coast long in this build.

You're right of course, but this is the thing that troubles me most about the last several patches (and even the seeds of it going back to destruction of Balota tents and removal of southern helicrashes):  why are they making a huge chunk of the map a wasteland?  Give me a reason to go to Cherno and Elekto and Berenzino.  Right now it's just freshies and freshy-killers.  It's a waste of some of the best, most detailed areas on the map.

I like Ducky D's thoughts above:  make the coast (and most places) with more of simple items (food, civilian packs and clothing, meds [and can't wait for more uses for medical supplies], basic weapons), but make the NW areas and specialty areas (military camps, tisy, airfield, etc.) spawn the high value items (full autos, military clothes and packs, wildlife), but little in the way of food or meds.  Really hope that's the way it goes.  Not having a reason to be in the big cities has been a big drag for me lately.

• Like 2

On the canned food situation, 

when i started to play .61 (first iterations) it seemed to be in a good balance. in Highly populated servers i couldn't find a can of food till i get orange-brown hungry and i think that's a good balance. it should be enough there to keep you alive or probably make you lose some health. but for now, it seems like there are much more canned food around. OFC, i get that. survival mechanics aren't quite yet there and the few available need to get worked on to be enjoyable.

• Like 1

Also, I know there's not much to do in game but PvP; and ofc, military areas are pretty much always KoS, but, I remember when I found my first MP5 long ago on EXP:  I played around with it, met a survivor in the Pavlovo military base and gave it to him.  He slaughtered all the zombies and offered it back; I let him keep it.  This morning, running around NWAF tents with my mic open (and no good military gear - just browsing spawns), someone starts banging away - I ran around in circles mocking his shooting ability for a bit then headed south (he only fired, never spoke).  Then, on the South end by the hangars, some mook starts sniping from the other side of the runways - even if he's in the grass, that's a 250m shot, on a moving target (and if he was in the treeline its more like 400); of course, he missed.  

I don't know if I was more offended by their lack of imagination or their awful marksmanship.

Now, I have been the agressor in a handful of encounters in EXP (I killed 2 guys when I found my first hunting scope - 2 shots, both at about 450m, if I do say so myself - as well as a couple of surprise kills [someone ran in a building behind me without announcing their presence]), and I admit, that I have hunted my share of geared up teams in Stable.  But, I NEVER go after a solo, certainly not a civy dressed one - and never in EXP.  If I see a solo, I almost always say "hi" - especially if he hasn't spotted me.  Some people just have no imagination.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I agree with the food thing. At the beginning of this patch food seemed to be scarce in a good way, but since the later iterations I'm having no problems leaving the coast energized/hydrated. I can't wait for people to have to start little farms and legitimately have a need to "go hunting." I'm guessing this will come later as the survival mechanics still need some ironing out.

First 10minutes, i looked to spam apple trees and wells, logged off. but not before i got to test a few of the mechanics out.

Actually i found 30 of the bugs i reported still in existence then i logged off.

Cya in .62 but not before i get to see the wolves.

Sneakydude, they just are not in bug fixing mode yet, it sucks, but its a reality with a reason.

2 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

I like Ducky D's thoughts above:  make the coast (and most places) with more of simple items (food, civilian packs and clothing, meds [and can't wait for more uses for medical supplies], basic weapons), but make the NW areas and specialty areas (military camps, tisy, airfield, etc.) spawn the high value items (full autos, military clothes and packs, wildlife), but little in the way of food or meds.  Really hope that's the way it goes.  Not having a reason to be in the big cities has been a big drag for me lately.

I cant believe it, but I would maybe agree with this too.  As long as you spawn in worse condition and have to nurse yourself back, before moving inland. That would be a great trade off.

Once regional loot zones are working, this would be possible.  Are they?  I don't know, and I guess even if it wouldn't be fully developed. I think it was implemented in basic form and then they moved on.  This is one aspect of development I've always been interested in, it should help give a really detailed experience across the map.

5 minutes ago, Coheed_IV said:

Sneakydude, they just are not in bug fixing mode yet, it sucks, but its a reality with a reason.

I cant believe it, but I would maybe agree with this too.  As long as you spawn in worse condition and have to nurse yourself back, before moving inland. That would be a great trade off.

Once regional loot zones are working, this would be possible.  Are they?  I don't know, and I guess even if it wouldn't be fully developed. I think it was implemented in basic form and then they moved on.  This is one aspect of development I've always been interested in, it should help give a really detailed experience across the map.

I'm sure there are many and varied ways to handle what I see as the problem: that being, I have no reason to go to the coast.  Give me a reason to go to the big coastal cities.  Because now, there is none.

29 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Because now, there is none.

i.e. in the mod I would go to Berezino docks for car parts.

When vehicles and base building are in you will find all of the "useless" loot you used to pass up is now desirable.

That's when region control will come into play more and you will likely find reasons to visit every quadrant of the map and reasons to return to the coast.

You never paid attention to where more screwdrivers spawn until you need one....

• Like 3

So I'm guessing with the lesser amount of tents now that the mil weapons spawns etc have been trimmed down too?

39 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

So I'm guessing with the lesser amount of tents now that the mil weapons spawns etc have been trimmed down too?

Nope, you can still make Bows!! just don't try to shoot one, you might hit yourself in the eye, or foot :)

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) Base building objects when it comes are we able to park on player made objects such as floors, roof without blowing up? seems it is a common bug within arma and mods that when you park on the object the server can load the object after your vehicle and it forces the vehicle to blow up.

Usually happens right after restarts or shutdowns.

'ello 'ello 'ello!

Wut's all dis then?!!

"launch/2/config/betakey: experimental

launch/2/config/osarch: 64

launch/2/description: Launch DayZ x64

launch/2/executable: DayZ_x64.exe

launch/2/type: none"

• Like 1

Experimental/Unstable servers are going down for an update. Will be back in 60 minutes.

Character wipe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

'ello 'ello 'ello!

Wut's all dis then?!!

"launch/2/config/betakey: experimental

launch/2/config/osarch: 64

launch/2/description: Launch DayZ x64

launch/2/executable: DayZ_x64.exe

launch/2/type: none"

It is not possible to launch it now. Stay tuned!

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 1