Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136297

I burst from my storage locker this morning and ran North.

For a few hours I ran random paths around Northern sections of the map.

Sometimes there were towns, sometimes woods, and I also passed up Kamensk and Tisy (I'm satisfied with my gear).

With plenty of food and a cooking pot with purification tabs I could freely wander about without much worry.

I was just about to head West and consider logging for lunch when I saw this! :D

eTzA4q1.jpg

NmgHVW9.jpg

She was ripe for the plucking with some decent loot and apparently untouched.

It's never pretty when someone has a serious problem with pot(s)....

yBwhz9i.jpg

• Like 6

So after Biohaze took care of all the aggro in ZG, Pook and I ran down to the military base at the end of town to look for survivors.  We looted through all the barracks in an organized manner, finding nobody, and hearing no shots.  We remembered that we left Private Meatbag alone in the lockers, and Biohaze had logged out, so we ran back to collect him.

Pook wanted to take Private Meatbag on a tour of Myshkino, but I reminded him that that was a well-traveled military base, and we'd probably get rekt with me double carrying an improvised courier bag full of meat... so we went to Vybor.
Again, we made it through the lootin' without a hic* hic* hitch...

We headed north along the ditch in a haphazard, meandering sprint.  As you might have guessed, some little cutie with a pew-pew stick shot me in the face, and once more in the feet as Pook was administering first aid.

Barefoot, critically low on blood, and suffering the ignominy of wearing a ruined gas mask and cowboy hat, I carried on with Pook and the Meatbag--now promoted to Sergeant for his valor under fire--towards Stary tents to get some new military boots; yes, they had to be military boots, as my combat knife survived intact.

Still without boots on my feet, Sgt. Meatbag in hand, we headed to the well near the town center, where me met a fellow survivor trying to get a grip on life.  We offered him to partake in our well-traveled bag of meat, and he ate away at Sgt. Meatbag until full--at which point he pulled out a pistol and shot poor Pooky to death.
Now unencumbered by my burlap-enshrined, meaty traveling companion, I whipped out my AKM and hosed down that backstabbing abuser of our goodwill.  Now alone, without a friend, Meatbag in shambles, I scurried off into the wild to collect myself and try to heal.

From here on out, things get a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure I ran and met back up with Pook again, because we both died shortly thereafter at the hill above Stary tents.

10/10 would run around a hi-pop carrying an anthropomorphized bag of cooked meat again.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Goga345 said:

That sounds really good, thanks for the info! :) I havent reported bugs yet, should have a look at it 

We already have way more infected than the mod, and they already behave 100% better ..?

• Like 3

So I camped the skaltisy deerstand for four hours trying out the civilian guns that kept spawning around me on the few infected that wander the area. Did about a three hundred yard shot with a Mosin snd irons no zeroing just guessed how much to aim high, my kid was impressed. Anyway as time went on the infected bodies hung around an no more seemed to spawn, boredom set in. My kid and I spent the weekend sorting Lego so I was helping with that and peeking at my screen here and there. I hear some risking and see a motorcycle helmet coming up the ladder, I say whoa I'm up here start talking, etc. and get no response. I go to shoot him in the face with my longhorn and miss because I have free look locked and can't aim far enough right.  My gun goes off jus as I notice there or four more players lining up in the grass figuring out how to get me down and I know all to well how this ends. Switched to my SKS snd start banging pretty sure I hit two then a shotgun blast back and lights out. 

I'm not salty about getting killed but felt ripped off they couldn't be bothered to use direct chat to throw out so "come out and playay" or something.  Four to five guys communicating telepathically is real immersion breaking. 

You squad kids are shit snd your game is weak. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

So I camped the skaltisy deerstand for four hours trying out the civilian guns that kept spawning around me on the few infected that wander the area. Did about a three hundred yard shot with a Mosin snd irons no zeroing just guessed how much to aim high, my kid was impressed. Anyway as time went on the infected bodies hung around an no more seemed to spawn, boredom set in. My kid and I spent the weekend sorting Lego so I was helping with that and peeking at my screen here and there. I hear some risking and see a motorcycle helmet coming up the ladder, I say whoa I'm up here start talking, etc. and get no response. I go to shoot him in the face with my longhorn and miss because I have free look locked and can't aim far enough right.  My gun goes off jus as I notice there or four more players lining up in the grass figuring out how to get me down and I know all to well how this ends. Switched to my SKS snd start banging pretty sure I hit two then a shotgun blast back and lights out. 

I'm not salty about getting killed but felt ripped off they couldn't be bothered to use direct chat to throw out so "come out and playay" or something.  Four to five guys communicating telepathically is real immersion breaking. 

Wow, what's a group of 4 players doing on Skalisty?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Claiming the island, I guess =D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woopie said:

Claiming the island, I guess =D

Is that what people are doing nowadays? Sounds like fun, might get into that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

On a low pop too boot, I'm guessing they were there to cause shit. I left enough clues for haters to find me maybe it was targeted?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Is that what people are doing nowadays? Sounds like fun, might get into that.

That's what I was doing, didn't expect to be grossly outnumbered. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

On a low pop too boot, I'm guessing they were there to cause shit. I left enough clues for haters to find me maybe it was targeted?

Was thinking the same thing, maybe you're starting a thing here. Some of us come to protect you, more haters come and before you know it Skalisty is one big clusterfuck.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

Was thinking the same thing, maybe you're starting a thing here. Some of us come to protect you, more haters come and before you know it Skalisty is one big clusterfuck.

I have made some "friends" here over the last year and a half. 

• Like 1

"Warning, servers stopping, you will be kicked". Update? Why Bohemia, why always update when I just started playing. :(

Decided to test something which I haven't seen someone post about but I needed to commit suicide for that.

Guess where I spawned? Close to my body:

LKuwTa8.jpg

Unfortunately the Blaze which I used to kill myself with was gone so no secondary suicide. I will posts results of this "thing" later on.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

thank you devs...bullet travel is back

good job, thank you

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

last time i was on skalisty i was only sitting in the bushes and there was so much traffic, unbelievable.

same happens to my "old hometown" kamenka, after i wrote its a nice place and there is an helispawn....tons of players flooded this little town.

there are many freaks out there that only want to destroy your game, but its ok

i adapted and killed enough of them to feel good

• Like 1

Did I miss a update or did they forgot to mention it here? 

*had bad version 

4 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Did I miss a update or did they forgot to mention it here? 

*had bad version 

• Like 4

Ah right..... this is my only go to place to read up. My limitations... sorry :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Ah right..... this is my only go to place to read up. My limitations... sorry :)

Me too, except for when Experimental servers are going down or there are updates, then I hit Twitter first.

6 minutes ago, wasnu said:

exp. servers are back live

97.5 mb incoming

Nice, guess I can immediately start playing after dinner. Any idea if there was a wipe?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Me too, except for when Experimental servers are going down or there are updates, then I hit Twitter first.

Nice, guess I can immediately start playing after dinner. Any idea if there was a wipe?

I had no character, but when I spawned it said 10 seconds before spawning so I guess it is because I died previously, so maybe no wipe at all.

• Like 2

"No character wipe. Update: supersonic cracks/shot fly sound fix; preparation for future server performance improvements."

Looks like v 0.61.136341

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 4

Not sure about the snap/crack is great without confusing the whole sound picture.

Why not a simple hit sound you can hear when you get hit by a weapon similar to H1z1? (It will resolve the issue and hear when a bullet hit you even if the weapon use a silencer on it, and that is most important. Because if the crack/snap is louder than the sound from the weapon who fired the bullet - it will confuse the whole sound picture and you`ve no idea where the person is located who fired the weapon.)

Ok, just tested it with a B95 without silencer - the snap/crack sound is not too loud so it might work need to test out more. 

Edited by ori42
content update
  • Like 1

I found a random survivor, about to test the snap/crack while him shooting a bullet past my head, he shot a couple of times, but I didn't even hear him shoot. He didn't have a gun in his hand on my end, so I guess that bug is still in :( I did read a couple of patch notes ago that it has been fixxed, guess not yet, or its back.

• Like 3

Hello I felt server performance is great with this new patch for the moment ! 

I had a pvp in stary sobor with 3 guys I didn't hear any crack sound when I was shot some bullet travel sound I think but no crack !

i had a blaze 95 then have a bug: my character put the blaze in his back then it disapears I came where I found the blaze and saw a guy, I killed him ! really disturbing bug !

bye bye ! 

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I feel your frustration.

I started playing this game in .33.  Around that time, duping was rampant - so you'd see squads with identical kits.  After getting killed by a few - with no commentary or talk other than, "YOU GOT REKT MOTHERFUCKER!#!@" over my dead body, I went on a year long team-killing spree.  While my bloodlust has largely abated, I still feel the urge to kill when I see teams running around - especially with no one talking (I get it, the VOIP aspires to adequacy, but the TS is just such a "cheat" [not saying you can't use it, just the way I feel]).  

When I spot teams, I almost always approach them to try and determine if they're murderous punks or just some good guys out for a run.  I've met a few good folks that way.  Also found a few targets worth murdering.

• Like 1