Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

1 hour ago, Kohlbar said:

Made it my personal mission to test the long wooden stick today. On surprise attacks it almost always 1 hit kills zombie to the head. When the zombie is aggro'd however, it's gonna be a 6-8 hit kill with the stick to the head. The aggro seems to be the deciding factor with the stick. The Sporter is acting strange, I hit a zombie 3 times in the head with it to kill it with aggro, 1 hit without aggro.

I didn't want to believe they'd use a gamey mechanic like a sneak crit but I've been killing every infected I have the means to and bot melee and smaller guns seem to be a sure thing if they don't see it coming. Part of me thinks it might be a desync thing and if it's still it's head is in the same place on the server and my client.

12 minutes ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

damn man, wolfs are pretty scary. 

i found a pack, killed  a few of those, ran out of ammo and tried to get them with melee and no luck. the thing is i couldn't hit them at all. 

i found it kinda buggy or un-balanced thought. one wolf killed me with 2 hits while i got 4800 HP, i hope they tweak devs damage somehow for stable.

I noticed melee was a bit more difficult with infected earlier today.

Might I ask, were you wearing a hat?  Most of the times I have let wolves close enough to touch me, my headgear and chestpiece were the only things damaged.  Headshots might be the culprit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I didn't want to believe they'd use a gamey mechanic like a sneak crit but I've been killing every infected I have the means to and bot melee and smaller guns seem to be a sure thing if they don't see it coming. Part of me thinks it might be a desync thing and if it's still it's head is in the same place on the server and my client.

I thought it might be just because I was hitting in the back of the head, but I also 1 hit sneak-killed zombies in the side and front of the head. I thought it might've been desync too, but it was pretty consistent that non-aggro required 1 headshot while aggro required multiple. I can see why this would work with weak melee weapons as it would be much easier to deal a lethal blow undetected, but it doesn't make sense with guns as the bullet would do the same damage regardless.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is new but I got 2 infected with bear traps tonight. Shot one in the arm with the Amphibia to lure it through the one open door in a house where I placed it, the second wouldn't drop agro on the house I was barricaded in so I placed one and opened the door. 

Both were killed instantly.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Bark and a stick.

I don't think you can do it with the white birch bark though.  Also, have we never been able to get sticks from birch trees?

I think that was changed at some point after .56 or something like that most of the trees give you bark that can be used to craft a hand drill kit.

2 hours ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

damn man, wolfs are pretty scary. 

i found a pack, killed  a few of those, ran out of ammo and tried to get them with melee and no luck. the thing is i couldn't hit them at all. 

i found it kinda buggy or un-balanced thought. one wolf killed me with 2 hits while i got 4800 HP, i hope they tweak devs damage somehow for stable.

I don't think that's an issue that's only happening with wolves: Maybe your "core bone stat" was low. Wobo has multiple videos on this topic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bingo_fuel said:

What do you mean with "stacking items for slots"?

I mean putting bags in backpacks and backpacks in other backpacks.

Creating lag bubbles this way. 

Im surprised the posssibility to do so is back. It created desync on another lvl. Gives me lots of room tho ;)

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Not sure if this is new but I got 2 infected with bear traps tonight. Shot one in the arm with the Amphibia to lure it through the one open door in a house where I placed it, the second wouldn't drop agro on the house I was barricaded in so I placed one and opened the door. 

Both were killed instantly.

That's how I killed my very first infected this patch, with a bear trap. It was hard to lure it in but yes, it does kill them in 1 hit.

• Like 3

I've been testing out the persistence of barrels for science and so far the one I have has stayed in place for over 12 hrs so far. I will update if it disappears at any point today.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've been testing out the persistence of barrels for science and so far the one I have has stayed in place for over 12 hrs so far. I will update if it disappears at any point today.

Yes, oil barrel is persistance for me so far - I don`t know if the server reset my character or I died after I loged out some hours ago on UK 11 server, not sure what happend, but I started as newspawn again. :)

How long does it take to log out from a server now?

Edited by ori42

6 hours ago, bingo_fuel said:

I think that was changed at some point after .56 or something like that most of the trees give you bark that can be used to craft a hand drill kit.

I don't think that's an issue that's only happening with wolves: Maybe your "core bone stat" was low. Wobo has multiple videos on this topic.

I'll tell you what I was told by a certain moderator who hates talk of the bone condition., that video is old, "bone condition" doesn't and didn't exist even when it did, even though it didn't exist it's fixed now, The first rule of bone condition is don't talk about bone condition or your thread gets closed and you get a break from the forums. 

Seriously though that hasn't happen in a long time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMT said:

That's how I killed my very first infected this patch, with a bear trap. It was hard to lure it in but yes, it does kill them in 1 hit.

Just asked because as I recall AI didn't set off bear traps or mines when first introduced.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ori42 said:

Yes, oil barrel is persistance for me so far - I don`t know if the server reset my character or I died after I loged out some hours ago on UK 11 server, not sure what happend, but I started as newspawn again. :)

How long does it take to log out from a server now?

There was a small patch yesterday along with a character wipe so that may have been why your character started fresh.

• Like 2

Hey guys - sorry for being absent from the forums. Full reinstall of Windows caused a bit of a delay.

I've updated the OP for some clarity on known issues related to server perf.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hey guys - sorry for being absent from the forums. Full reinstall of Windows caused a bit of a delay.

I've updated the OP for some clarity on known issues related to server perf.

Was there more infected added in yesterday's small patch?

It seem like there were many more in towns and cities but their reaction time got worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Was there more infected added in yesterday's small patch?

It seem like there were many more in towns and cities but their reaction time got worse.

No - and if you check the OP you'll see reaction time is an issue tied to server performance.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

No - and if you check the OP you'll see reaction time is an issue tied to server performance.

Thanks, I did I was just clarifying if more ai impacted the performance or if the performance impacted the ai.

I play on sub-par rural internet and noticed I got dropped a lot more than normal yesterday could that be tied to the same thing?

anyone heard this new bird sound at night time?

don´t know which sort of bird it is, but its funny. followed his "beeeep" and as i came to close he "moved" to an other place and started again his "beeep"

nice one devs :)

17 minutes ago, wasnu said:

anyone heard this new bird sound at night time?

don´t know which sort of bird it is, but its funny. followed his "beeeep" and as i came to close he "moved" to an other place and started again his "beeep"

nice one devs :)

That's elk. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

That's elk. 

naa, i know how an elk sounds (in real life and ingame) and that was an bird.

I believe some changes may have been made to ambient soundscapes.

I don't know if it's seasonal or weather related but I have not heard the loop that has the bird chipping, the fence being kicked, and the bucket being blown over sounds.....

I have been hearing more small random sounds.

Like a twig falling off a tree etc.

*Many of us agree that this first iteration of gun shot orientation can sound absolutely fantastic.

*I would like to see different voices for the infected based on type.

Senor Hix @Hicks_206 (DayZ), we had a preview of some new infected sounds a long time ago and a little info on any progress would be nice if possibru.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BCBasher said:

A better way to look at it may be that an at-rest zombie and an aggro zombie could have different health stats.  Rationalization: maybe infection-triggered rage gives them abilities similar to being on PCP or whatever whatnot whathaveyou.

Okay, its sneak crits but I love Splinter Cell so sue me

I really do not understand why there cannot be patch notes when you push to steam. 

6 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

I really do not understand why there cannot be patch notes when you push to steam. 

exp. has never been had patchnotes.

when .61 will hit stable you will get your patchnotes.

exp. is like an birthcay gift, open it and find out what it is

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 4