Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

The amphibia as one poster said above does use supersonic rounds as of now. but most silenced weapons use subsonic I have a family member who owns one of these silenced Mk2 ruger pistols. he uses subsonic as well to get more shots out of his supressor before having to repack it. there are many uses for subsonic ammo hell i use them in my marlin .22 all the time so i don't have to wear hearing protection makes it a lot more fun when plinking around sounds like a pellet rifle imo.  

Btw if you've problems with the hands getting stuck up https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120801

If you use space bar to raise your hands (Toggle Raise Weapon), you can only lower it with Space bar.
If you use RMB bar to raise your hands (it's likely the Optics key), you can only lower it with RMB.
If you've raised hands with Space and you click RMB, you can't lower them anymore with Space AND you can't lower it with RMB. You need to click the RMB second time so you can lower hands with Space. With RMB it changes between you can't lower and you can lower.
If you've raised hands with RMB and you click Space, you can't lower them anymore with RMB. You can only lower them with Space.

• Like 4

Server update they mentioned on twitter didn't really do anything; just added more servers.  I still get the weird jittering and zombies can still push me. everything feels responsive though besides the glitchy movement from the screen jittering.

8 minutes ago, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

Server update they mentioned on twitter didn't really do anything; just added more servers.  I still get the weird jittering and zombies can still push me. everything feels responsive though besides the glitchy movement from the screen jittering.

to me it seems to be a little better while moving or entering houses but nothing acceptable.

door's bug seems to be fixed, am i wrong!? anyone can confirm this?

-----

Edit: while jittering seems to be a little bit better, interacting with zombies in any ways is still awful. i had an experience of zombies spawning in front of me (can be the jittering issue thought) and zombies seems to spawn really fast. 

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

After the mod days, I was hoping to not see a "debug" monitor ever again...

Fingers crossed it will be either server disabled or player controlled. 

Would really like to be able to remove it right now.

Its only for exp purposes so when people find some miss placed textures or record some bugs its easyer for dev team to find them i guess.

24 minutes ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

door's bug seems to be fixed, am i wrong!? anyone can confirm this?

Doors responded for me much better today than yesterday.  Although the servers were still fresh and low-pop and not under load yet.

RE:  Jitters:
Yesterday I got the jitters from a zed melee which slid me backwards.

Today I was climbing rocks and slid down a steep rockface and got the jitters from that.

Maybe it's a sliding thing? (both times relogging fixed it)

9 hours ago, ori42 said:

I believe it work as intended related to bullet impact - it should not be a high sound bullet impact in my opinion. It`s much more important to hear the location of the weapon when it`s fired. And I had no issue to hear when I was shot at that the bullets hit nearby me. Don`t fix if it ain`t broken. The weapon sound system work *10 times better compare to 0.60, which is barely functional in comparison to in-game weapon sounds in the 0.61 patch, and character breathing mechanic sounds including the 1st person sound adjustment fix.   

I disagree entirely i'm afraid. What I have seen with ARMA3 and what I hope will happen is directional "zips/cracks" etc. If you get shot at by a distant sniper from the right and the bullet travels by you from right to left, you should be able to hear that. Its one of the biggest clues in the game in terms of when you are under threat.

If you are shot at by a silenced weapon as the sounds are now at a few hundred metres, you wouldn't even know unless they either hit you, or hit the ground next to you. Are you really saying that is right? There are plenty of times bullets whizz by and dont land close by your character in the game. To say that we should just not be aware of these at all is massively unrealistic and also somewhat frustrating in a game where you are trying to survive yet could be completely unaware someone is actively shooting at you until they are on target.

Edited by therunningmanz
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

Sub sonic rounds are different than super sonic rounds. I guess there are no sub sonic rounds except that Vintorez. Even the .22 should be super sonic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Long_Rifle

Though Amphibian S can be sub sonic because of short barrel or at least it can go to that pretty fast.

The bullet can drop down to sub sonic when it has traveled enough far. At least Arma 3 simulates that already, so you won't hear the crack when someone is firing you like 800m away with basic rifle.

The guy which shot at me was only a few meter away, no more than 10 and had a pistol, perhaps a 1911.

Just now, therunningmanz said:

I disagree entirely i'm afraid. What I have seen with ARMA3 and what I hope will happen is directional "zips/cracks" etc. If you get shot at by a distant sniper from the right and the bullet travels by you from right to left, you should be able to hear that. Its one of the biggest clues in the game in terms of when you are under threat.

If you are shot at by a silenced weapon as the sounds are now at a few hundred metres, you wouldn't even know unless they either hit you, or hit the ground next to you. Are you really saying that is right? There are plenty of times bullets whizz by and dont land close by your character in the game. To say that we should just not be aware of these at all is massively unrealistic and also somewhat frustrating in a game where you are trying to survive yet could be completely unaware someone is actively shooting at you until they are on target.

I also hope they add those directional supersonic cracks. A lot of the players don't give a shit about sound, but I'm a person which uses every element to know and take advantage of my surroundings.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Sounds still too quiet. Died from hypothermia. People playing 1PP are probably crapping their pants due to zero indication of zed aggro.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Sounds still too quiet. Died from hypothermia. People playing 1PP are probably crapping their pants due to zero indication of zed aggro.

I went out hunting for zeds in 1st p last night and I didn't see any aggro at all. They surely should notice me running across their path, at a right angle to their direction of travel, approximately 10 meters away ... but they didn't!!!

I walked right up to one and he allowed me to plant a pick ax in his forehead, but he didn't aggro, either!!! It's not like I one-shotted him. I had to wack him two more times before he went down, but he never attempted to attack me. He just stood there and took it like a man. He wasn't stuck on anything; I had been shadowing him for a couple of minutes.

There are plenty of them spawning, but they just weren't paying any attention to me. WTF!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

I went out hunting for zeds in 1st p last night and I didn't see any aggro at all. They surely should notice me running across their path, at a right angle to their direction of travel, approximately 10 meters away ... but they didn't!!!

I walked right up to one and he allowed me to plant a pick ax in his forehead, but he didn't aggro, either!!! It's not like I one-shotted him. I had to wack him two more times before he went down, but he never attempted to attack me. He just stood there and took it like a man. He wasn't stuck on anything; I had been shadowing him for a couple of minutes.

There are plenty of them spawning, but they just weren't paying any attention to me. WTF!

Wow. You know your fate is desparate if even the zombies don't wanna play with you anymore :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

Wow. You know your fate is desparate if even the zombies don't wanna play with you anymore :(

Yeah; I was wondering if I had bad breath, or something!   ;  )

14 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

LOL.....

34 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

At nighttime the zeds acting like chickens. feels like they are blind at night and only an threat on daytime.

• Like 1

Just now, wasnu said:

LOL.....

At nighttime the zeds acting like chickens. feels like they are blind at night and only an threat on daytime.

I don't know for certain if they are blind at night but your visibility, position (standing, prone, etc.), action (running, crawling, jogging, etc.) and sound (which is pretty much tied to those 3 things) determine how fast and good they will be able to see or hear you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wasnu said:

LOL.....

At least they didn't see me from 1000 meters away, through the 3rd floor wall of a building.  :  )

Certainly, I would hope that their vision should not be as effective at night, as in the daylight, but you'd think that they would notice it when they are getting poked in the head with a pick ax. As with many other game variables, I expect that this is yet another example of something that will be tuned as we get closer to beta.

BTW - I'll hop on later today and see how aggressive they are during the day.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2016 at 9:36 AM, Noctoras said:

Anyone found barrels in this exp? Haven't seen one yet. 

Just now, DaveB said:

Anyone found barrels in this exp? Haven't seen one yet. 

I have seen barrels in this build, yes.

• Like 1

Was Zele right now... great! My mate and I we started to take down the Z´s @ milbase. I shot maybe 10-15 and he the same. Another dude we met there helped us. Then they swarmed in from every side. After we killed maybe 30 there were almost 30 or more left . Then another dude showed up and killed me but the Z count is realy nice!

@DaveB Yes found two or three in those little shacks as always.

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka

17 minutes ago, IMT said:

I have seen barrels in this build, yes.

Is this the same build than yesterday? Thanks mate

Just now, DaveB said:

I believe so, not sure though. I saw a barrel friday, that I do know for sure.

33 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Found barrels in small sheds yesterday and today with the new patch.

barrels are in

EDIT: these "new" forums software drives me crazy.....

EDIT2: 

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-61-wolves-are-in/

can someone confirm that wolfs are in todays build?

Edited by wasnu

Just now, wasnu said:

Found barrels in small sheds yesterday and today with the new patch.

barrels are in

EDIT: these "new" forums software drives me crazy.....

EDIT2: 

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-61-wolves-are-in/

can someone confirm that wolfs are in todays build?

I would love to find those wolves and confirm them but as long as the hive/servers are not stable I don't want to bother. I have yet to get healthy this build, everytime something came up. Hypothermia once, got killed multiple times but most of the times my character is back where I spawned in because the server crashed. I'm going to sit this one out until they fixed it even though I don't like it.

Now I know relogging fixes it but I can't be asked to do this every five minutes. I'm the kind of person who can play several hours if I have the time, without having to logout. That is why I like the 12 hour schedule as well.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Just came in to say that I've tested two barrels for persistence.  Once yesterday, once today and neither one survived. I'm not sure how long before it disappeared but both were gone when I came back about an hour later.  I just tested a cookpot & tripod set and that didn't last either.  Haven't found a tent yet, maybe I'll go hunting for one now and see what happens.

• Like 3

I was just up at Tisy military base and heard wolves calling to each other for the first time. I also heard a low groaning noise which I think was an elk at the same time. Not sure if they were hunting the elk or this is a bug. I tried firing my gun and running toward the sound of the calls but the server starting rubber-banding so I logged out.  Anyway it was night and very creepy!

• Like 2