Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

11 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Server crashing is sad business.

I heard a couple of far off shotgun blasts that sounded great!

Yup - but thats why we do this. Exp is *for testing* - and in the testing, we have found this new server crash.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Yup - but thats why we do this. Exp is *for testing* - and in the testing, we have found this new server crash.

Great you found the problem causing the server crash, is it a simple problem causing this crash? or is there a lot of work involved fixing this?

6 minutes ago, Woopie said:

Great you found the problem causing the server crash, is it a simple problem causing this crash? or is there a lot of work involved fixing this?

Has to be analyzed in the morning when the team gets in. It is 18:30 over here.

• Like 4

Been watching a streamer - someone posted a link to his stream before. Managed to join his server and actually almost found him. Met a guy, then got disconnected, presumably a server crash. However, on the stream the guy I met met with the streamer. They spoke for a moment then the streamer got disconnected - so it seems there might be client issues as well.

I also got a crash with "memory reference at 0000000000x0" or something along those lines a couple of times, and my framerate seems lower than I remember. I think those might be issues to do with my pc, though. It's been funny recently.

9 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Has to be analyzed in the morning when the team gets in. It is 18:30 over here.

I understand, please keep us posted!

6 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

Been watching a streamer - someone posted a link to his stream before. Managed to join his server and actually almost found him. Met a guy, then got disconnected, presumably a server crash. However, on the stream the guy I met met with the streamer. They spoke for a moment then the streamer got disconnected - so it seems there might be client issues as well.

I also got a crash with "memory reference at 0000000000x0" or something along those lines a couple of times, and my framerate seems lower than I remember. I think those might be issues to do with my pc, though. It's been funny recently.

I did not came across any client crashes, but I did notice some stuttering and more screen tearing then on the current stable release.

Further more I think they did a good job on the new VOIP, also jumping and walking over obstacles like small fences, goes pretty smoothly now.

Heads up folks! 

With the new server crash happening as frequent as it is, we're going to go ahead and take the Exp/Unstable branch offline in 10 minutes.

We'll dive into the crash first thing in the morning!

Thank you ALL for helping us get this data, it was *VERY* helpful!

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Woopie said:

Further more I think they did a good job on the new VOIP, also jumping and walking over obstacles like small fences, goes pretty smoothly now.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) Is this new VOIP tech or is it just the server performance making the old one feel better?

9 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Thank you ALL for helping us get this data, it was *VERY* helpful!

You're welcome.

Even 5 minute spurts of messing with the new build was nice.

With a little luck, maybe we'll see a patch tomorrow!

Thanks!!!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

Only got in at the very end there for a couple minutes.  While I was in I heard two gunshots.  Wow.  The audio was fantastic in the short amount of time I got to join.  I recorded the whole thing but unfortunately you can't see much.  I was on a nighttime server and the recording is too dark.  You can still hear the gunshots though so I'm keeping it.

• Like 1

First time I booted the game, after downloading the patch, I had no mouse support. I expect that's a W10 issue, though.

I only had a chance to hop on for a cumulative total of, perhaps five minutes. Everything was fluid for me. After the Exp servers were taken down, I noticed that I couldn't join a 0.60 server. Is this a server browser issue, or is it because 0.61 is radically different from 0.60?

3 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

First time I booted the game, after downloading the patch, I had no mouse support. I expect that's a W10 issue, though.

I only had a chance to hop on for a cumulative total of, perhaps five minutes. Everything was fluid for me. After the Exp servers were taken down, I noticed that I couldn't join a 0.60 server. Is this a server browser issue, or is it because 0.61 is radically different from 0.60?

You'll have to swap back to stable branch in steam properties to go back to 0.60 servers.

6 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Cross version joining hasen't been supported in years. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

You'll have to swap back to stable branch in steam properties to go back to 0.60 servers.

Thanks for the confirmation, but I've got a DSL connection, so I stay on the EXP build.

2 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Thanks for the confirmation, but I've got a DSL connection, so I stay on the EXP build.

No problem, now I can say I got something useful done at work today :D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Cross version joining hasen't been supported in years. 

Been that long, eh? I generally play EXP exclusively (when/if there is one), but I just wanted to confirm that this wasn't a browser issue.

I like it BTW - the browser, that is. I thought it was odd, though that there would be a filter for 3rd person servers, considering that 90% of the servers are third person. It's the 1st person servers that are sometimes hard to find.

I get impatient just like everyone else, but I'd sincerely like to thank you and all of your little elves for all of their hard work. Cheers!

• Like 2

Noticed that the jump action was reliable 100% of the time. Did you rewrite this function so that it's no longer dependent of good server performance?

• Like 1

So people got to play .61 experimental today? How did it feel ? Was it glorious / everything we had hoped ? O=

9 minutes ago, jimbo_swe said:

Noticed that the jump action was reliable 100% of the time. Did you rewrite this function so that it's no longer dependent of good server performance?

Nope.

• Like 1