SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

I7,16gb ram, SSD, OC970 and I'm getting PHENOMENAL fps pretty much everywhere. Small dips in frames but overall 100% better. Also noticed my fans aren't spooling up on the card as much, guessing it's working more efficiently now.

Also noticed the weirdness with the blackhole skin textures etc too Biohaze.

Edited by Girth Brooks
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I didnt find a single zombie in .60 yet!!

No worries, they will find you! :)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I didnt find a single zombie in .60 yet!!

Is this normal for everyone right now? I haven't been able to try 0.60 yet but if there are no zombies I will wait. :)

found 2 zeds in electro and they tried to eat me...but with no luck.

EDIT: but my fix 20 fps are gone with the last patch, now i get mostly 40-60 and 35 in cherno

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RosscoMac said:

Is this normal for everyone right now? I haven't been able to try 0.60 yet but if there are no zombies I will wait. :)

I saw about 4 or 5 on the outskirts of berezino, yesterday... which is the most I've seen at once since like pre-.58

• Like 2

Got a good couple hours in last night and gotta say its lookin good first attempt to join a server got me in right away.  Noticed that for the first 5 mins or so the game was totally unplayable.  Doors would not open and i was rubber banding all over the place.  However i noticed that it would still pick up items and place them into inventory only to have them dissapear when i teleported back to before i picked them up.  

After that 5 mins however the game was amazingly smooth.  My hotkeys were very responsive and everything worked as it should.  Picked apples for 10 mins or so and filled up just to find a box of serial once i was in the green.  Glad to say that it and a can of tuna were all the food i found other than chickens and fruit in 2 hours.  

Found a body but no people so i skinned it to use bones for spear.  Shoulda saved some for a fish hook.  Once i stockpiled a few more apples i headed into the woods from kambi.

A few towns later a came across a police station which had doors that would not open.  Was strange as all other buildings in area were responding perfectly.  Tried punching doors to no avail.  Wish i had payed more attention to where i was.

All in all i have to say that this patch is by far the most playable version for me as of yet and i did not botice any drop in performance since last release of .60.  Well done devs!

• Like 1

PLEASE add a couple more servers.

Every single EXP server is full.

• Like 1

Same result for me, yesterday I was able to play for 2 entire hours, i made a polland friend and we cooked some chicken and head towards Svelenogorsk, everything was so smooth, no issues at all(only the ones are reported (buggy rendering lights from light sources...)). Everything was perfect, the only strange thing I've noticed is that the zombies doesn't attack you instead you get very close to them. I've shoot a shotgun in order to make all the zeds attack me and none of them heard anything....

Anyone have seem this issue?

Bestz

10 minutes ago, ParaB said:

PLEASE add a couple more servers.

Every single EXP server is full.

They're all full all the time but the trick is they're like a woman, If you politely say "may I enter you" over and over for anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 hours you eventualy get in! 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 7

shit tried my luck again with experimental annnnnnd no good. Last few times was memory could not be written and now its just kicking me out and my buddy is telling me its saying Mean Gun Morris was kicked for corrupted memory #46. Any idea what could be causing this and is anyone else getting this? Really would like to be able to do some testing but seems the Dayz Gods are showing no love for this tester.

BCBasher,

how do you survive on skalisty?

today i got over there with my last apple and there was no loot, nothing.

also, no appletrees, no red berrie bushes, cero nada nothing.

first time i died of starvation since ages. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wasnu said:

BCBasher,

how do you survive on skalisty?

today i got over there with my last apple and there was no loot, nothing.

also, no appletrees, no red berrie bushes, cero nada nothing.

first time i died of starvation since ages. 

There was an abundance of canned stuff in the raincoats puking out of the boats and tons of powdered milk at the lighthouse on almost every server I tried on. This build canned goods are turned way down as far as I can tell although I've still found some cereal and powdered milk.

I'm Just east of Tisy doing a clockwise lap around the map sight seeing making my way back around to how it works this time. I'll bring seeds this time I guess, speaking of which they seem rarer and I've only seen tomatoe.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

hmm, ok..

will try it again in my "new" life, but thanks.

and if you see an horrible looking guy over there, its me, don´t shoot :)

EDIT: and btw, played two hours today and in this time 4 idiots get an global ban, how brainless people are

Edited by wasnu

14 minutes ago, wasnu said:

hmm, ok..

will try it again in my "new" life, but thanks.

and if you see an horrible looking guy over there, its me, don´t shoot :)

EDIT: and btw, played two hours today and in this time 4 idiots get an global ban, how brainless people are

Lol, I'm carrying an empty Mosin for the optics no shooting nothing. My mic may or may not be working and the two people I've run into I've had good luck with putting my hands up and typing "no mic".

Can someone with a working mic and Win7 check and see if their mic is the "default device" or "default comunication device" I switched mine to default but haven't had a chance to try it in game . It is showing levels in properties and recording to video on either setting.

Is sweetFX working in EXP?

I encourage anyone to try it out by the way. Before and after - with mild enhancements, mind you (namely exposure). http://imgur.com/a/GPr0zStable just seems to look so washed out without enhancements, is it just me?

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

Lol, I'm carrying an empty Mosin for the optics no shooting nothing. My mic may or may not be working and the two people I've run into I've had good luck with putting my hands up and typing "no mic".

Can someone with a working mic and Win7 check and see if their mic is the "default device" or "default comunication device" I switched mine to default but haven't had a chance to try it in game . It is showing levels in properties and recording to video on either setting.

Default device or default communication device is the correct designation for your mic.

If you are seeing the EQ move when checking recording levels then you should be fine.

Also, if you try speaking while recording this may also verify your mic is working.

Lastly, if you really want safe confirmation come over to Riddlers TS and someone there would probably meet up with you.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BCBasher said:

We're you on sw 2?

I got kicked after I saw the steam pop up that you were playing DayZ and couldn't get back in until I switched to the sc 1pp server.

Yep, was that you I shot?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Default device or default communication device is the correct designation for your mic.

If you are seeing the EQ move when checking recording levels then you should be fine.

Also, if you try speaking while recording this may also verify your mic is working.

Lastly, if you really want safe confirmation come over to Riddlers TS and someone there would probably meet up with you.

Tried step 2 and 3 and they're all good.

Tried talking to two people with it as the default communication device, both we're talking to me and pleasant, would have responded to "is my mic working?" over and over.

Switched to default device now but haven't had a chance to retry.

Don't have TS but I think the server join situation has got to the point where I could stage and meet my second account when I get my login credentials off junior this evening.

SC 02 seems to be the server that works for me, I'm logging back in in five to ten minutes at 86/0 moving east down the 0 line if anyone wants try and encounter me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, barnabus said:

Yep, was that you I shot?

No it just seems like after you join a server I can never get back into that one, had it last version too. What I saw last night makes it look more like a coincidence than anything though, could not stay connected to the server "the group" was on but could play fine on sc02.

11 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

No it just seems like after you join a server I can never get back into that one, had it last version too. What I saw last night makes it look more like a coincidence than anything though, could not stay connected to the server "the group" was on but could play fine on sc02.

Drab nabbit.  -_-

• Like 1

....I saw the expression "a moment of science" on a t-shirt the other day and could only think of DayZ Experimental crew.

What I saw said something like "Everyday needs a moment of science", which is very fitting but I couldn't find the exact shirt I saw online....

4flz3Qi.jpg

HwxeFxt.jpg

^In a similar vein.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

Lol, I'm carrying an empty Mosin for the optics no shooting nothing.

You know, optics can be used in your hands now. No need for them to be attached to a weapon ;)

41 minutes ago, Buakaw said:

Is sweetFX working in EXP?

I encourage anyone to try it out by the way. Before and after - with mild enhancements, mind you (namely exposure). http://imgur.com/a/GPr0zStable just seems to look so washed out without enhancements, is it just me?

No offense intended, but I don't care for the "after" shot. You've gone from one extreme to another. It may suit your personal preferences better, but I'd rather not kill the gloomy mood of a rainy day in Chernarus by cranking up exposure and saturation.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

You know, optics can be used in your hands now. No need for them to be attached to a weapon ;)

*snip*

I do know this, I also know the PU takes up two horizontal slots in my bag but the Mosin make a good scope holder if nothing else. I'm shooting for doing a biathlon lap swimming much of the east coast and my hunters backpack and clothes are stuffed with steak, chicken, cereal, and water. 

*edit* spoke too soon about my fps, was back down into the teens 500m north of Novo, they did come back up as I passed. Have been closer to Berizino and Elektro and didn't notice the same drop though.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, CQF_Royal said:

Greetings everyone , i was wondering if anyone else is getting less FPS in this build.I had some awesome FPS in the last working build but in this one it feels like it had dropped 5-10 FPS at least.

Also when it's raining seems like it's killing my FPS,i was going to the NWAF when heavy rain kicked in and  FPS dropped and it's kinda felt like 0.59 for a brief period.

Na i had the feeling that it was smoother than ever. But i was sneaking around in the forest near Tulga so far.