SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

59 minutes ago, IMT said:

So I asked "Can it get any worse?", guess what... yep, I got killed. I was trying to locate GaryWalnuts on top of the hospital and suddenly "You are dead". Guess that was a bad idea. The strange thing was that I didn't hear any whizz from a bullet or the bullet hitting in my body. Didn't hear a crack or the gunshot either.

Same thing with me twice. Once in a apt bldg in Novo., just fell over dead. Upper floor not near a window. Unlikely I got sniped. Second time coming out of a house above Cherno. Didn't hear anything. Of course doesn't mean I wasn't kos'd.

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

So has anybody else noticed some servers are more stable to one person but not to another person. It tried sw-02 for a couple hours of in, kick, in, kick but I can play on central 10 just fin it seems.

The "group" here would have noticed it unless it's all in my head. 

I started to think that, but the SC 0-10 started doing the same thing as the other SC server. I'm starting to think that someone is practicing with their cheat program to see if it works and the server crashes and they change something and get back on crash. They do it about 20 times and then go back to the drawing board and the server settles down for a couple hours then it starts again. Do the helicopters spawn in a new place after a crash/reset? 

• Like 2

nope, they stay at the same place after crash (the 4 i found and server crashed when i was looting them).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

So I hopped back and forth picking up 10 frames on 3pp in about the same place.

I can't seem to stay connected to any of the few servers I tried this morning. I can open doors etc. as soon as I'm in but after 30 seconds to a minute I can move but not interact. I spawn back in and my location is correct. I first thought I was being disconnected and moving around just in my client but it's not a full rollback when I get back in. How is location data, door states, world/character inventory transmitted and stored?. 

That happened to me last night. I couldn't open any doors and it was like I was on pause with objects, but I could walk around, so I sat under a tree and tried to move something in inventory to another spot and after a bit it moved and then I was fine again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wasnu said:

nope, they stay at the same place after crash (the 4 i found and server crashed when i was looting them).

I believe they do change locations after a crash as several of the crashes that I've found were no longer there after a crash. One of them I even had just gotten to before the server crashed and when I joined the same server again it was no longer there.

• Like 1

The last time I was just killed for no apparent reason, the going hypothesis was that hackers pushed the kill that guy button.

• Like 1

I haven't been posting much lately, and was away for a week on a 7 hour trip to go see my dying father. Now I'm back and was able to test 0.60 a bit yesterday. I checked out the updated Cherno and Elektro, but never made it to the new Tisy military base, after 3 attempts. 

It's been a while since 0.60, so even though most servers are always full, it seems more streamers, youtubers and KoSers roam the land nowadays...

Anyway, this is a simple recall of various experiences and findings I made since 0.60 experimental went online.

Various screenshots:

2v3qvl5.jpg

j5a3qw.jpg

r222pf.jpg

jijjht.jpg

24zlssw.jpg

10rke9g.jpg

27zahq8.jpg

21n2l9u.jpg

Overall I really like the changes to the map, engine and UI/inventory system. 

Looking forward to the future of DayZ. 

2d1te81.jpg

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I haven't been posting much lately, and was away for a week on a 7 hour trip to go see my dying father. Now I'm back and was able to test 0.60 a bit yesterday. I checked out the updated Cherno and Elektro, but never made it to the new Tisy military base, after 3 attempts. 

It's been a while since 0.60, so even though most servers are always full, it seems more streamers, youtubers and KoSers roam the land nowadays...

Anyway, this is a simple recall of various experiences and findings I made since 0.60 experimental went online.

Various screenshots:

Hidden Content

Welcome back! It's a damn shame about the reason you were gone though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Eh, I've said it before I'm an absolute asshole in real life, I'll keep RPing a nice person because it's a fun way to get all of that counterproductive generosity and forgiveness out of my system.

a c'mon there has to be a soft core somewhere inside ....

I just so happens that i found some tune from our survior friend  :-)

Okey maybe that's too much .... creepy ... i need to kill some pixel douches to get this aweful sound out of my headdddd

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Welcome back! It's a damn shame about the reason you were gone though.

Life is full of surprises, both good and bad. But we all know we're gonna die anyway. Most of us just don't know when and how. 

I'm pretty grateful I was able to spend some time with him, and say goodbye for one last time. Tell him how much I care for him. A lot of people don't get this chance.

Cheers man.

• Like 12

hard times and hard to understand, part of lifecycle and whatever...

hard times, i feel with you.

• Like 3

Is Exp up? I can never find any of the servers except 'The Test' and it's a private with a pass with no one there. I want to see the new pretty things >_<

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Espa said:

Is Exp up? I can never find any of the servers except 'The Test' and it's a private with a pass with no one there. I want to see the new pretty things >_<

I see 21 servers right now. Certainly a lot of them missing, particularly in the u.s. it seems, but I definitely see some.

• Like 2

Yeahhh. I'm in Texas and definitely am looking to play. . Switched my game to Exp Beta, but alas. . Nothing on my screen that's .60 except THE TEST.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Espa said:

Yeahhh. I'm in Texas and definitely am looking to play. . Switched my game to Exp Beta, but alas. . Nothing on my screen that's .60 except THE TEST.

Untick password in the filters.

• Like 1

a bunch more just popped back up. now's the time to try to get in if you've been struggling. short window :)

EDIT: Though I am getting a "warning cannot connect to central hive" error

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, IMT said:

Untick password in the filters.

Good Lord. That was it. Thanks man. Hahaha

• Like 1

Merde, if my char happens to live long enough (like surviving exploring half the map in 0.60) I always tend to get careless. Just got KOSed by a AK spray and pray guy in Lopatino ^^

Time for a new spawn soon then I reckon :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noctoras said:

Merde, if my char happens to live long enough (like surviving exploring half the map in 0.60) I always tend to get careless. Just got KOSed by a AK spray and pray guy in Lopatino ^^

Time for a new spawn soon then I reckon :P

I'm the opposite, I just yolo it until I have my current persona dialed in then I get super cautious. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

Didn't take long for half the servers to disappear again.

Splendid, just sat down to log in.

Are they coming back up on regular restarts and what time are those happening these days? 

1 minute ago, BCBasher said:

Splendid, just sat down to log in.

Are they coming back up on regular restarts and what time are those happening these days? 

I'm not sure. I noticed the server count was down this morning. I mentioned it later in this thread when it got down to 21, and shortly after they all popped back up. I was in a couple of different servers after that, but I was getting the cannot connect to hive warning on them after joining (in lower right corner). Since, then it looks like the list has been slowly whittled down again. 

Maybe there is a separate issue with those 30 additional servers they put up the other day... I don't know.

• Like 1

So. . Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I instantly got into 3 separate servers - with no wait whatsoever - though it shows max players.

First experience wasn't long before server restarted.

Second was funny. . I met a nice traveler along the way and we went to one of the boats and I accidentally dove off the edge while screaming lol

Third, I was bandited and shot at a lot, ended up losing them. . Then I found one of the bandits and while he was running, I ran behind him with a hammer and hit him on the head and he instantly died! Lmao. Then 2 minutes later server restarted.

I forgot how fun DayZ can be. . Let's get this .60 into Stable so I can try an RP server with all these goodies. DAMN good FPS, atmospheric lighting and fog are sick, and Jesus Christ at a BBQ - The ZOMBIES! They jump over fences now. My God. Had a bunch of fun for like 2 hours and called quits ^^

• Like 2

I took a step back from DayZ after the rollback last weekend, which was followed by short sessions and long log in attempts.

There's not a whole lot more I personally feel the need to do in this patch until we get some fixes/patches to test/break.

My gut says tomorrow might be good for a patch but who knows!!

Honestly I'm just so impatient for .61 already, though I do understand .60 is a long term Experimental candidate I am super psyched for dynamic AI, which I hope includes infected in every town, and outside towns as well.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I took a step back from DayZ after the rollback last weekend, which was followed by short sessions and long log in attempts.

There's not a whole lot more I personally feel the need to do in this patch until we get some fixes/patches to test/break.

My gut says tomorrow might be good for a patch but who knows!!

Honestly I'm just so impatient for .61 already, though I do understand .60 is a long term Experimental candidate I am super psyched for dynamic AI, which I hope includes infected in every town, and outside towns as well.

Don't forget predators as well! I hope they also roam towns as well so that not only do we have to deal with the infected but also packs of wolves as well.

• Like 4