SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

1 minute ago, liquidcactus said:

As some others may have mentioned. It seems the Aus exp servers have been down for a long time now. I haven't bothered spamming any enter key to get into any server as of yet.. trying to wait till it calms down which by the looks could be weeks hahaa....     sadface

Can anyone please confirm for me if zombie numbers are increased or not ?   

I am not going to bother spamming the remaining limping servers tonight.

I hope there is a small miracle of an update and/or additional servers tomorrow.

I believe 100 servers, though they would get slammed, would likely change the load enough to allow more people to have access and stay in game.

Hicks quoted an infected population for .60 at PAX, if I remember correctly it was like 800?  :(

All I want is dynamic infected spawn done right.

3 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

he devs only provide details on the As some others may have mentioned. It seems the Aus exp servers have been down for a long time now. I haven't bothered spamming any enter key to get into any server as of yet.. trying to wait till it calms down which by the looks could be weeks hahaa....     sadface

Can anyone please confirm for me if zombie numbers are increased or not ?   

The devs only give details on the stable releases. Exp is always a complete mystery, which is why everyone is anxious to explore.

I'm liking the new patch despite the terrible, awful , dirty packed servers lol ... I finally got in  a first person server and it seems like the dayz many have been waiting for , now we just need all the content that was leaked over the past 6 months and we will have one hell of a game .

i made my way to novy sobor after nearly starving to death , I then made the grievous error to check out the police station... I end up finding a ton of empty guns , while looking at one I hear the door creak open and see someone raise a gun to me so I turn and bolt for the door , catching a bullet to the back.. I frantically searched for a bandage , finally found one and started to apply that bad boy . That's when i see "you are unconcious " . Classic dayz .

i really want to see these things now that the renderer / new engine is in (even in its simplest form): predator animals , simple barricading , soft skills , more survival craftables , zombies attacking doors / structures , electric generators to power towns , base building, and those sweet radioactive (or whatever) lands they were showcasing with the base building . So close to being an epic game .

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, cgdeth said:

Is that how everyone gets on the servers? I've tried mashing my enter button but I don't want to break it off.

ACK was running up some stairs and crash..lol. Yes that is how. I have the two 1st person servers in the US and I click one and hit connect..it says full..connect..it says loading game..then says couldn't connect whatever and I hit the other server and connect..bang bang bang bang IN!!

All in all I was able to play 3x 15-20 minutes, after that I always got DC'd - but I also had the "bad acid trip" of what seemed to be my GPU ready to burst out in flames... I restarted and it worked but it was scary for a few moments there ^^

I love the smoothness, I love the widdle chickens running about all over the place... but I was unable to actually see any Zombies for myself, since I always got kicked before I reached Elektro / Berezino on 1st / 3rd person.

Somehow after every exit of the game returning to server screen after playing, all the filters keep getting reset, which is annoying but oh well.

Everyone who thinks this is a fail: It is the VERY FIRST iteration of the new renderer, it is a MAJOR change to the game, and it WILL get better as we go, especially on experimental you gotta calculate for things like these.

I expect the weekend to continuously have full servers, cause, well.. weekend - but I do so very much hope we will be able to see some 75 player servers, or at least go back up to the 20 x 60 player servers.

All in all I am very happy and excited for touring Chernarus is this brave - and beautiful - new world!

Have a great day everybunny!

Meep Meep

• Like 1

I will add that since 0.60 while I was able to play earlier I was really paranoid running from place to place since you never know when someone could come up on you or from which direction. I have to say even without many zombies, it's gotten scary as hell not knowing who or what I may run into with all of that fog. I love it!

• Like 1

Well thats me done for a second day of an hour of spamming trying to get in, not angry just disappointed with the Devs (smh). Seems these streamers get straight in, I wonder how... Not what you know its who you know. 

Streamer or not, I know I'll have a hell of a time even at 6 am on a Monday morning. I doubt I'll even try much on the weekend.

On another note, how's everything going with the to-be-expected KOS Kiddies that are just there to "see the new stuff" and grieve other players? I have encountered one friendly freshie when my graphics were all messed up but he was the only person I made contact with.

6 minutes ago, TheMeepFactor said:

Streamer or not, I know I'll have a hell of a time even at 6 am on a Monday morning. I doubt I'll even try much on the weekend.

On another note, how's everything going with the to-be-expected KOS Kiddies that are just there to "see the new stuff" and grieve other players? I have encountered one friendly freshie when my graphics were all messed up but he was the only person I made contact with.

I ran into 2 people trying to kill me and one who shot me because he thought I was a guy who had been following him. I would say that they're out there so always keep an eye on your surroundings as you never know who you may run into.

• Like 1

So can the US servers actually show for US players? The devs seem COMPLETELY unaware that servers are simply gone from the lists. Oh and also if youre going to let streamers get into Exp. servers instantly you could at least tell us instead of lie to our faces. 4 streamers in the same exact Exp. server at once is hilariously coincidental.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Project_06 said:

So can the US servers actually show for US players? The devs seem COMPLETELY unaware that servers are simply gone from the lists. Oh and also if youre going to let streamers get into Exp. servers instantly you could at least tell us instead of lie to our faces. 4 streamers in the same exact Exp. server at once is hilariously coincidental.

You are aware that there is a DayZ 0.60 Experimental "Streamer Server" setup, just for streamers.. right?  This was done so the streamers could showcase and show off the new build to the masses.   :)  And that server you were watching was just full of Twitch streamers.. nothing more.  

Edited by antykain

3 minutes ago, antykain said:

You are aware that there is a DayZ 0.60 Experimental "Streamer Server" setup, just for streamers.. right?  This was done so the streamers could showcase and show off the new build to the masses.   :)

That's lame as hell! It's not like the streamers are giving BI any of the money they receive streaming.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

That's lame as hell! It's not like the streamers are giving BI any of the money they receive streaming.

No, your absolutely right.. But, the streamers are showing off the new, shiny, build to everyone for free.. It's called marketing, my dear.  Trying to fire up sales and added revenue with a new player base for DayZ.  While at the same time driving old players, who have since stopped playing DayZ SA, to reinstalled and play the shiny new build.  This new game renderer is doing this already and by itself.. DayZ's new renderer is going to spark new interest in DayZ among people who have lost interest and who have long since moved on to something else.  

EVERYONE, has been waiting for this.. 

Every streamer I follow that plays DayZ, or used to play, said it felt like a brand new game to them.. Gave them that "feeling" again.. You know, THAT feeling??  <--  DayZ players will know what this means.  :)

Edited by antykain
  • Like 2

I actually also was completely unaware of a streaming server. It's understandable if they set one up for the reasons you mentioned above, antykain, but it would still feel like this awkward Teachers' Pet thing to use a server like that.

Even more, if every streamer had a team of say 2 - 4 people and dragged them in there with him, that one server wouldn't really give anyone an advantage anyway when it comes to trying to get in, right? You'd still be having a long time spam connecting.

Just my two cents, kinda neutral about it I guess. Anyway, I am done spam connecting for the night, I'll try again early tomorrow morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed ^^

• Like 2

Why haven't they just released more servers to the public by now, I dont understand, is there something i'm overlooking here? 

If they only need data from a few servers, just take data from those few servers. Or if its a matter of needing the servers to stay full, then just open up the right amount of servers.

Why is this a thing right now? Thought they'd be on top of this already. Is it that detrimental to just allow the rest of us to play or something... If it is, even an answer will do.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jordancsmith said:

What is the best way to spam join a server? Doesn't seem to be a hot key to refresh the server list.

Don't try to find a server with 59/60, just get the exp servers you want to join in favorites and just keep trying to join over and over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salty seadog said:

Why haven't they just released more servers to the public by now, I dont understand, is there something i'm overlooking here? 

If they only need data from a few servers, just take data from those few servers. Or if its a matter of needing the servers to stay full, then just open up the right amount of servers.

Why is this a thing right now? Thought they'd be on top of this already. Is it that detrimental to just allow the rest of us to play or something... If it is, even an answer will do.  

Well right now we are down to 9 online experimental servers. They could start by fixing the broken ones first :) 

10 hours ago, k3rMz (DayZ) said:

so i'd like to know how were ment to join the servers, 

tried to join the server directly after a reboot, as you'll see from both these attempts , the server was NOT full but yet still getting connection errors.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game, verified the files, but cannot get into any server its frustrating  :(  :( 

just keep spam connecting, forget about computer errors or bad memory slots...

7 hours ago, Puppetmaster said:

Spent about 1 1/2 hrs spamming enter while watching TV, didn't get it once :(

Try just picking the fastest ping server..and spam that one.

• Like 1

Buddy of mine made it in this morning about 3am, got the vybor spawn and said there were about 20 players just fist fighting each other, smh so much for testing and/ or exploring.

21 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

do zombies parkour in this build?

Well I was looking through a house and found a zombie in a room with the door closed. Not sure if he was afraid of the other zombies or just trying to give me a sneaky surprise or maybe some player closed him in there. The zombies don't seem to be doing anything different. A big town untouched has a lot of zombies and the sound is still goofy even with surround sound headphones. I can tell he is in front of me but could be 1 foot or 60 feet and sounds the same.

2 minutes ago, Mean Gun Morris said:

Buddy of mine made it in this morning about 3am, got the vybor spawn and said there were about 20 players just fist fighting each other, smh so much for testing and/ or exploring.

There will always be morons who don't test like they should be testing. Instead they will focus on KOSing and the like because they can't comprehend what the experimental servers are actually for.

• Like 3

Well that was 2 logins since I got home, a nice run and I froze screen crash up the stairs in a firehouse. When I logged back in after about 15 minutes of spamming connect, I got in on a different 1st person server and I was on the beach "gasp".  I found my self mostly lost a couple times, thinking I was heading one way and ran into ocean again, Foggy :-D Saw a flare from very far off in town, moving around. Haven't seen a canteen or bottle yet. Got some rewinding in town with several players fighting zombies. Only 3 quickbar spots. I saw a message saying you are warming up. Only seen the energized and hydrated so far.  Found a better pair of pants and had to drag them to my pants and hit swap to get them on. Some strange lighting effects in buildings. Unless I am mistaken a zombie teleported from the ground floor to the roof of a police station and started dancing with me and my stone knife. He came out of nowhere and I suppose he might have been hiding in the fog. Fought about 20 zombies so far with axe, stone knife etc and they seem to warp around a bit.  No diseases from zombies so far, after lots of bleeding. I have seen stuff vanish when I set it down.  Bed....work....then more connect..connect.connect.

• Like 1