boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Found 2 new wheels:

7PwUAWh.jpg

sQlFuDV.jpg

Approached a boar, and killed it. Made the improvised leather backpack for the first time.

YzpC90q.jpg

ZZ1TnAd.jpg

Yesterday, I don't know if this happened with any one of you, but it was taking time to complete actions. Such as, I used "use water pump" to fill the canteen, the animation finished, but the action wasn't. It took some time. Also happened when I was drinking water, and skining the boar. It took time for my actions to complete, but I wasn't lagging at all.

I could be wrong but I think the truck wheel is for the v3s. The bus wheel is new though and as stated above there's also a wheel for the wolga and the lada.

• Like 1

Today, I had good fun and a nice taste of what I hope DayZ will be all about when it's finished.

I was in the Novo police station rummaging through the upstairs rooms when I heard footsteps downstairs going from room to room. So I crawled in the big room, aimed my RAK at the door and waited. If he'd popped his head through I'd likely have shot him, but he must've heard me because he called me from the hall. He said he was bleeding and needed help. I considered my options, but in the end decided to help. I gave him a rag and gave him a saline bah he'd brought. We heard gunshots from inside the city and decided not to push our luck, so we headed west towards Severograd. We slapped a few zombies around, found matching gasmasks and generally had a good time. And then we reached Severograd. Within moments, we had half a dozen zombies on us, chasing us to the outskirts. My friend was taking hits and bleeding, and I didn't know how long he could hold on. I was being hit as well by now. He yelled at me to run, but instead I pulled out the RAK again and opened fire on a cluster of zombies... and then it all went so fast. More and more zombies poured into the area and we got separated; I spent all my .380 rounds and was down to loading single shots in a P1. I ran around frantically trying to find my friend when I heard his Repeater going off nearby. Just as he spotted me, I collapsed from bloodloss. Laying there, I heard his voice, telling me what was going on, how he was fighting off the last of the zombies, then bandaging me and waiting for me to wake up, giving me beans and water... after five minutes he set off to find a saline bag or an epi pen or anything that could help me, but found nothing. I knew he'd done all he could, and I prepared for my journey to the afterlife. And as I faded into the darkness, I heard him one last time.

"You fought bravely, my friend. My name is Paul. I hope you have better luck in your next life. Thank you for everything."

10/10 would give life for stranger again.

• Like 9

Today, I had good fun and a nice taste of what I hope DayZ will be all about when it's finished.

"You fought bravely, my friend. My name is Paul. I hope you have better luck in your next life. Thank you for everything."

10/10 would give life for stranger again.

That's the kind of gameplay most of us are hoping for more. I see the fun of running an organized group, but the kind of random encounters are the best.

I feel like I had a brilliant idea for a new item: asshats. Basically a big hat in the shape of two cheeks. So people who play like that can wear them and the rest is informed ;) GIANT ASSHAT SPOTTED!!!

Shame there are no cars yet. So much wheel! Do the devs work on weekends? Do I? Guess not. That aside I feel like a lot of updating and testing is going on, so I'll happily wait for the next release.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I finally managed to start game yesterday. I logged in near Zelenogorsk, and decided to loot police station. Finally found some zomies! Killed 4 out in the fields, Red9 proved very good. Then one chased me to green house with open doors. Zombies didnt follow me inside, they just stood on entrance. I killed 8 there. I found Skorpion and two mags in police station. And when I was leaving town someone started shooting at me. Asshole chased me for 1 km or so and then I lost him. 

Good to be back in dayz after more than 2 months. I hope devs improve UI soon.

• Like 2

Played about an hour tonight on a 72/75 pop server, looting up from Pavlovo to Gorka, and I noticed quite a few weird little inventory bugs. for one, I drank a Soda and it stayed in my inventory, unable to be dragged or swapped out and clicking on it would only yield the "receiving..." text. I also had a nightmare trying to double carry a shotgun vs a rak. I threw a shotgun off of a deerstand only to have it land mid-air right in front of me, and when I picked it up, it duplicated the shotgun icon in my screen.  Killing a chicken with a nailed baseball bat also duplicated the baseball bat icon about 5 times in my invetory for some reason. I'm sure all of these problems will disappear when I respawn, but it was weird to have them happen so many and so often.  I'm gonna use the -newui next time; I'm doing it for the frames,. but I also wonder if all these inventory bugs happen with it.

• Like 2

How can I use the new ui that everyone's talking about? and what is it?

Steam / library / Right click DayZ / Properties / Click Set Launch Options / Type -newui 

Edited by J0nathan
  • Like 2

Played about an hour tonight on a 72/75 pop server, looting up from Pavlovo to Gorka, and I noticed quite a few weird little inventory bugs. for one, I drank a Soda and it stayed in my inventory, unable to be dragged or swapped out and clicking on it would only yield the "receiving..." text. I also had a nightmare trying to double carry a shotgun vs a rak. I threw a shotgun off of a deerstand only to have it land mid-air right in front of me, and when I picked it up, it duplicated the shotgun icon in my screen.  Killing a chicken with a nailed baseball bat also duplicated the baseball bat icon about 5 times in my invetory for some reason. I'm sure all of these problems will disappear when I respawn, but it was weird to have them happen so many and so often.  I'm gonna use the -newui next time; I'm doing it for the frames,. but I also wonder if all these inventory bugs happen with it.

-newui is great for FPS, but I just feel the overall buggyness makes the game almost unplayable with it. Cant count the number of weapons I have lost while using the newui, deaths due to reload issues etc. 

• Like 1

I found it to be laggy of sorts. Low pop server experimental.

_its looking very good over all de sync possible. High end system should not feel this way.

Once that is fixed, voila back to some good old fun.

Here is how i would try... try to get infected to spawn.

1. Once a player enters a "sector" area of the map have infected spawn in 100m, to 1000m away, % of infected up to 1-10 infected.

2. Once the player or players kill the infected, they stay dead for 30minutes or until a new player enters the area.

3. Hordes have the chance to spawn in from 1 to 5 in an single area.

4. Wilderness have a chance to have hordes about 500m away walk in packs of 1-10

If the player runs into a building have the infected, stop dead 5m out, circle the area for about 3 seconds, enter the building if door is open, if closed hit the door as an object.

once a new player enters the area spawn the infected starts to move towards the new player.

This might stop some of the ghosting of infected through buildings.

*One thing it may cause is more freezing from loading. while in town.* While not in town, the 100m to 1000m out will have a slight loading freeze.*

Very possible.

I am only going on experience in this nature, from a lower end server parked lan based.

I am looking forward to more improvements, and ill get more thoughts on .59 soon. I enjoyed testing it. I made a huge error, and felt very badly. I shot down a player thinking it was an infected. He looked crouched walking/running and i thought it was a pathing issue. I shot and didnt realize it was a newbie player.

I am so sorry buddy :( whomever you are.

I am looking forward to more improvements, and ill get more thoughts on .59 soon. I enjoyed testing it. I made a huge error, and felt very badly. I shot down a player thinking it was an infected. He looked crouched walking/running and i thought it was a pathing issue. I shot and didnt realize it was a newbie player.

I am so sorry buddy :( whomever you are.

Once the zeds start wearing regular clothes, friendly fire will become a serious concern.

• Like 1

Got to play this morning for a couple hours before the server restart. Had a blast , Killed 37 zombies in a small northern town ( still not 100% sure where I am , dont care enough to find out )  All nice clean head shots. Officially dumped my trusty old MP5 off in a barrel for someone else to enjoy. I'm enjoying the Red 9 much more now for zombie killing .  Got cornered in a two story house by about 4 or 5 zeds as the server restarted. Once I logged back in however,. things went bad fast. I was outside the house , and so were they !! Got jumped quick , while dealing with that low poly bug too , started running, started bleeding , got session lost. Logged back in again , expecting to be dead. Spawned in same town but a few hundred yards off into a field ? Bandaged up , and continued on my way . 

Still have not been able to find a single burlap sack. Have they reduced the spawn rate of these things or what ? Green-Houses seem to be completely empty now. Not spawning anything . 

Having a lot of issues finding Wire for my snare traps too. Been forced to eat cans of dog and cat food like the rest of the nooby survivors .  Tried old school Pole fishing for about five minutes with no luck. Dunno what the deal is their either..

All in all a good morning though , Going to go back in and see how much longer I can play before the game decides I've had enough and lags me out like normal . 

OH .. one last thing . Are zombies suppose to be persistent now Or infinite respawning ? 

Edit: interesting... COme 8am , just like the other day . I can no longer play. Client starts getting all laggy, if I make it into a server I'm all low poly.. more then 10 or 12 people on the servers in general and it seems to shut down for me ... 

Edited by J0nathan
  • Like 1

Another military rifle beloved by sportsmen!

Some "civilian" weapons are adopted by the military and some military weapons are adopted by civilians. In many instances, these distinctions are meaningless. A Remington M700 is just as lethal as a Dragunov and this "hunting rifle" has been pressed into service by the military as a sniper rifle for decades. Of course I don't think that I've ever seen a "civilian" tactical nuke, so I suppose that there are some uses for this distinction, if you look hard enough.

You probably know this, but generally the distinction is pretty clear.

Different / stronger calibers, larger magazine/clip capacities and a tendency to automatic as opposed to semi.

When I hear civilian I think of the Lever action, when I hear military I think of an AK.

had this about 3 times today . Any clue ? 

ccRQgT3.jpg

Just the case of a missing texture, "generic destruct"? Probably some debris scattered around or maybe a new item. The message will pop up everytime you go within range of such a bugged or missing texture. These things get fixed pretty quickly usually.

So we had a storm here last night and our internet went for a real shit but Junior and I decided to play a bit anyway and both ended up dead because of it. We hopped a few servers until we go one that didn't kick us one after the other every minute and the little bit we could stay together it was about usual a few seconds of desync between us but playable for the way we play coop with each other. I had a been disconnect and junior made it to Kami before me, when I caught up with him at the police station all was good for a minute and then our games both went slideshow and we started getting a bad feeling. He saw someone enter the town from the west heading straight for us I was trapped glitching around inside and he was outside doing the same trying to make verbal contact but I don't think the guy could hear us after a bit the guy got fed up and started shooting at Junior and we couldn't do jack about it. He knocked junior unconscious and as I tried to peek him out the door with my red9 I had finally got raised he glitched all over the place and my aim was doing the same I flinched off 2 shots and got killed too.

Before we wouldn't have been able to shoot effectively but could have just been able to zig zag away and hid when the shooting started but it seemed like when this guy entered our bubble we were just stuck in a cycle of freezing and rubberbanding.

This isn't a complaint because I'm aware of our substandard internet, I'm just curious did the change the way discrepancies are handled between clients and server?

I've had a similar issue a few times before, and while it seems generally like a legit bug there have been times when other players have seemed capable of triggering this effect. We can't talk about certain practices here, so i'll just mention a bit of research confirmed the ability of some players..

• Like 1

Got to play this morning for a couple hours before the server restart. Had a blast , Killed 37 zombies in a small northern town ( still not 100% sure where I am , dont care enough to find out )  All nice clean head shots. Officially dumped my trusty old MP5 off in a barrel for someone else to enjoy. I'm enjoying the Red 9 much more now for zombie killing .  Got cornered in a two story house by about 4 or 5 zeds as the server restarted. Once I logged back in however,. things went bad fast. I was outside the house , and so were they !! Got jumped quick , while dealing with that low poly bug too , started running, started bleeding , got session lost. Logged back in again , expecting to be dead. Spawned in same town but a few hundred yards off into a field ? Bandaged up , and continued on my way . 

Still have not been able to find a single burlap sack. Have they reduced the spawn rate of these things or what ? Green-Houses seem to be completely empty now. Not spawning anything . 

Having a lot of issues finding Wire for my snare traps too. Been forced to eat cans of dog and cat food like the rest of the nooby survivors .  Tried old school Pole fishing for about five minutes with no luck. Dunno what the deal is their either..

All in all a good morning though , Going to go back in and see how much longer I can play before the game decides I've had enough and lags me out like normal . 

OH .. one last thing . Are zombies suppose to be persistent now Or infinite respawning ? 

Edit: interesting... COme 8am , just like the other day . I can no longer play. Client starts getting all laggy, if I make it into a server I'm all low poly.. more then 10 or 12 people on the servers in general and it seems to shut down for me ... 

I've seen quite a bit of wire and burlap sacks around but if you don't find any it's been most likely looted. As for the fishing, it takes some getting used to but once you learn how to do it it becomes really easy. Just go on youtube and search for dayz fishing and you'll find videos showing you how to fish.

What the heck is going on with the game? When I started the game for the first time today I got a warning from Windows telling me there is not enough free RAM. I got 8Gigs and at the time I got the warning there were about 2,5Gigs of free RAM (game already included). So I just shut down all other programs (mostly browser, email and media library). Then I joined a server which was at half capacity (32 players). While I was running around I got a receiving screen for like 10-15 seconds but I was still in game, after the receiving was done I could continue to play. Then suddenly the game CTDed. This happened a couple of times, then I couldn't even join a server because it would instantly CTD. Now the game crashes when I try to start it from the steam library giving me the following error, which is also related to RAM.

aNMkcH.jpg

Edit: As it seems I can start the game up and join a server again with no crashes. But when I joined my character instantly went "OOWW", screen flashed red aaaand I got broken legs because apparently I fell out of the school building while joining oO so yeah, patched myself up and went on, but after 2-3 minutes I got the receiving thing again and shortly after that the game crashed telling me there was less than 8Mb of free space in my swap file, which just cannot be true since I've got more free space on my OS-partition than the swap file needs. I don't know what the heck is going on but the game is seriously broken for me.

Edited by Sleezy

What the heck is going on with the game? When I started the game for the first time today I got a warning from Windows telling me there is not enough free RAM. I got 8Gigs and at the time I got the warning there were about 2,5Gigs of free RAM (game already included). So I just shut down all other programs (mostly browser, email and media library). Then I joined a server which was at half capacity (32 players). While I was running around I got a receiving screen for like 10-15 seconds but I was still in game, after the receiving was done I could continue to play. Then suddenly the game CTDed. This happened a couple of times, then I couldn't even join a server because it would instantly CTD. Now the game crashes when I try to start it from the steam library giving me the following error, which is also related to RAM.

aNMkcH.jpg

Edit: As it seems I can start the game up and join a server again with no crashes. But when I joined my character instantly went "OOWW", screen flashed red aaaand I got broken legs because apparently I fell out of the school building while joining oO so yeah, patched myself up and went on, but after 2-3 minutes I got the receiving thing again and shortly after that the game crashed telling me there was less than 8Mb of free space in my swap file, which just cannot be true since I've got more free space on my OS-partition than the swap file needs. I don't know what the heck is going on but the game is seriously broken for me.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186540-my-dayz-crashed-what-do-i-do/

Thanks for the reminder, I just wanted to check first if other people have experienced similar issues. Also I'm trying to make sure there is nothing on my side that could be causing trouble. I'm currently moving programs from OS-partition to another so I can asign a larger swap file, see if that helps. If it doesn't and nobody on here has the same issues I'll submit a feedback report.

Edited by Sleezy
  • Like 1

Good news everyone: asigning a larger swap file seems to resolve the issue for me. Before it was set to automatically and windows assigned 1135Mb for the swap file when the game was running, even though there was plenty of free space for a larger swap file. I have now manually set it to at least 1024Mb, max 8192Mb and the game runs just fine, no recieving even though server is now at full capacity, no CTDs, nothing.

But this still leaves me wondering why windows would not assign a larger swap file in automatic mode even though there were like 10Gigs of free space on the OS-partition. Would be good to know how much other people's windows assigns in automatic mode. I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.

On a side note: finally got a mag for my Amphibia S, time to go sneaky and take out some zombies  B)

• Like 2

When we getting a release date for 0.59?

.59 will be released to stable whenever they're done fixing it up using incremental EXP builds. Right now we're on our second or third EXP build into .59, and unfortunately not even the devs themselves can predict exactly when they are going to solve the existing problems with it. But I promise you this: the moment that the devs decide they have something ready for stable, sirens will sing, alarms will sound, inboxes will be spammed, and the rooftops will ring with news of glorious release.

The problem with trying to give out estimates is that when you exceed them, people instantly show up with pitch forks, picket signs, and begin systematic online self-immolatin in order to demonstrate their crankiness. It's a nasty affair, with any anticipated commercial product, and it is the most nasty for the creators of the promised product in question.

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 2

Hey, how can I set up my User Interface size? I can't really see clearly in experimental 0.59, because I can't change UI size from Small to Normal ( I have full HD resolution, 1920x1080 ) Is there any chance to change settings in configuration file hidden in My Documents?

EDIT: Didn't see Troubleshooting section, be kind and move my post to right section. :)

Edited by JustCaused

Hey, how can I set up my User Interface size? I can't really see clearly in experimental 0.59, because I can't change UI size from Small to Normal ( I have full HD resolution, 1920x1080 ) Is there any chance to change settings in configuration file hidden in My Documents?

EDIT: Didn't see Troubleshooting section, be kind and move my post to right section.  :)

I'm wondering this, too. I play on a 27 inch 1440p monitor and it's kind of a pain in the ass to navigate the tiny UI, especially the inventory. Icons are miniscule and hard to see. Especially if the adrenaline is pumping...bullets look the same, some guns are almost indistinguishable from others...why can't I change the size of the UI?

• Like 1

I'm wondering this, too. I play on a 27 inch 1440p monitor and it's kind of a pain in the ass to navigate the tiny UI, especially the inventory. Icons are miniscule and hard to see. Especially if the adrenaline is pumping...bullets look the same, some guns are almost indistinguishable from others...why can't I change the size of the UI?

It's choosen by resolution you're using, but there has to be something in config files so you can manually edit it. :/