boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Ohhhh, I missed that the new thing in today's image is the stash texture on the ground! That looks like a perfect balance of size and definition for underground time capsules. It will be a hard spot but not impossible.

What's that package? And what does it contain?

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

So we had a storm here last night and our internet went for a real shit but Junior and I decided to play a bit anyway and both ended up dead because of it. We hopped a few servers until we go one that didn't kick us one after the other every minute and the little bit we could stay together it was about usual a few seconds of desync between us but playable for the way we play coop with each other. I had a been disconnect and junior made it to Kami before me, when I caught up with him at the police station all was good for a minute and then our games both went slideshow and we started getting a bad feeling. He saw someone enter the town from the west heading straight for us I was trapped glitching around inside and he was outside doing the same trying to make verbal contact but I don't think the guy could hear us after a bit the guy got fed up and started shooting at Junior and we couldn't do jack about it. He knocked junior unconscious and as I tried to peek him out the door with my red9 I had finally got raised he glitched all over the place and my aim was doing the same I flinched off 2 shots and got killed too.

Before we wouldn't have been able to shoot effectively but could have just been able to zig zag away and hid when the shooting started but it seemed like when this guy entered our bubble we were just stuck in a cycle of freezing and rubberbanding.

This isn't a complaint because I'm aware of our substandard internet, I'm just curious did the change the way discrepancies are handled between clients and server?

If you tan a pelt during a server restart (via barrel) the barrel becomes permanently un-openable.

I had to poke holes in this barrel to fix it which resulted in the loss of eveything inside of it :(

h6Ret73.png

• Like 2

If you tan a pelt during a server restart (via barrel) the barrel becomes permanently un-openable.

I had to poke holes in this barrel to fix it which resulted in the loss of eveything inside of it :(

h6Ret73.png

Ttanko is overdue for a party. Bring your barrel and we'll have one hell of a cook out!

• Like 3

Ttanko is overdue for a party. Bring your barrel and we'll have one hell of a cook out!

I would love to!

Which outfit should i wear? Black, Brown, or Beige?

WARNING: Contents of spoiler are overwhelmingly awesome. The amount of labor (I mean fun times searching for banimals) that went into these is downright scandalous.

qTR7Hre.gif

yt59WAK.gif

tQ8VZ8v.gif

Now here are some non moving pictures of lesser greatness to help you digest what you have just been exposed to:

All good hunting starts with a bow, which requires arrows, which requires feathers!

ZLEj4ne.jpg

Oh God it's coming right at us!

Next we find some larger prey to get our wonderful leather

H7GM9nU.jpg

Don't be fooled by their overall cuteness, these things are in fact quite sociopathic, as demonstrated by this photograph which shows their eyes; windows into their souless being.

So anyway, once we humanely dispatch these cruel creatures, we can then see the benefits of our labour. Fire up the grill!

rtxdSUw.jpg

Can you spot the hidden barrel in the image above? My enemies couldn't.

Pretty straight forward stuff. I prefer to boil my meats, it's faster and the broth feels nice in the tummy.

8Q6HqXB.jpg

And after a hard days work of success the only issue becomes which color leather suit to wear, hence my dilemma above...

Decisions Decisions...

Uup7pdP.jpg

Which color do you like best?

And that's basically it! What else is left after such raw success except to be chillin and lookin fine?

gauk75G.jpg

All in all, great success!

The colorations of the leather clothes are going to be updated and hopefully made much sexier, but even in this proto-stage you cannot deny, leather's got style!

Cheers!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 12

Forgot the ghillie hood to go full Bush Crafting man. 

*Helpful survival hint*

Ghillie hood can be deconstructed at any time for emergency fish netting 

Side note, 
They really do need to take the leather clothes back to the texture department to get them all to match properly 

• Like 3

*Helpful survival hint*

Side note, 

They really do need to take the leather clothes back to the texture department to get them all to match properly 

I didn't realize that the ghillie hood could be deconstructed! If only I could bring myself to risk a coastal walk to get some netting :/ .

To be honest though ever since I found this helmet at the beginning of .59 I have very seldom ever taken it off. I just love it.

Edited by FlimFlamm

*Helpful survival hint*

Side note, 

Have you found netting in .59?

Aside from a stroll around the map border I haven't really left the coast and all I've found was a few boonie hats and puffy jackets at the boats. I could find netting within a half hour of spawning always around the south east ponit in .58 exp.

WB Flim, good stuff.

Thanks Haze! Good to be back!

It should be an exciting next few months. We might even be seeing helicopters by christmas!

• Like 1

If anyone is on a 1pp exp server near Gorka, I have gone unconscious due to dehydration. I am at the northen deerstand south of Gorka. Have 2 mosins and a blue mountain backpack for payment, or just go look for the bod

Edit: got my body at about 12 minutes after choosing to respawn.  Leaving Gorka for Grishino; let's see what happens.

Water bottles are a bit too scarce as it is; I'm still barely surviving off of peaches and sardines for hydration.  It seems ridiculous to make water containers this much more scarce at the same time as implementing the inability to drink directly from pumps.

Edited by emuthreat

Have you found netting in .59?

Aside from a stroll around the map border I haven't really left the coast and all I've found was a few boonie hats and puffy jackets at the boats. I could find netting within a half hour of spawning always around the south east point in .58 exp.

I havent really looked yet. Been having too many issues just trying to make 59 playable. But I will start looking once issues are resolved. Start checking around ponds that use to have boats and docks. 

A LOT of us requested they add more spawn points for netting off the coast . Since its useful for stuff other than ghillies... 

They might have made some changes to the spawn locations 

I havent really looked yet. Been having too many issues just trying to make 59 playable. But I will start looking once issues are resolved. Start checking around ponds that use to have boats and docks. 

A LOT of us requested they add more spawn points for netting off the coast . Since its useful for stuff other than ghillies... 

They might have made some changes to the spawn locations 

Ah, the boats are dynamic spawns like police cars and helicopters now and all the know locations are now marked on the map app I use on my phone. I've found lots of boats but they're usually one or two clothing items not the loot puke mess they've been in previous versions.

I know they're useful for more than ghillie stuff, namely the awesome fish trap that can be repaired indefinitely with duct tape.

I hear you about the .59 changes though, my old computer was holding up pretty well up until now. 

Ah, the boats are dynamic spawns like police cars and helicopters now and all the know locations are now marked on the map app I use on my phone. I've found lots of boats but they're usually one or two clothing items not the loot puke mess they've been in previous versions.

But have you checked to see if they added new locations for the boats to spawn off the coast ?

If anyone is on a 1pp exp server near Gorka, I have gone unconscious due to dehydration. I am at the northen deerstand south of Gorka. Have 2 mosins and a blue mountain backpack for payment, or just go look for the bod

Edit: got my body at about 12 minutes after choosing to respawn.  Leaving Gorka for Grishino; let's see what happens.

Water bottles are a bit too scarce as it is; I'm still barely surviving off of peaches and sardines for hydration.  It seems ridiculous to make water containers this much more scarce at the same time as implementing the inability to drink directly from pumps.

I haven't found many PET bottles but I've found quite a few canteens laying around so they're not that hard to find.

• Like 2

-snip-

I'm seeing canteens in a variety of places and fairly often.

The small green and red houses seem to have them regularly.

• Like 1

I wouldn't tweak these loot numbers again until stamina gets in. Very playable right now and not too over powered.

• Like 1

Have any of you guys had it that you couldn't see what you have a gun zeroed to? I was just trying to zero my Winchester, with or without the hunting scope, and the top right of the screen flashes "Winchester Model 70" as I hit page up and down but doesn't show the distance.

But have you checked to see if they added new locations for the boats to spawn off the coast ?

Not according to the iZurvive app which seems pretty accurate.

I haven't been using it much because I have the map pretty much memorized, Junior pointed out this week that the boats and player spawns are marked now.

Have any of you guys had it that you couldn't see what you have a gun zeroed to? I was just trying to zero my Winchester, with or without the hunting scope, and the top right of the screen flashes "Winchester Model 70" as I hit page up and down but doesn't show the distance.

Every time I've zeroed a weapon I've had no problem seeing what it's currently zeroed at. Are you using the new ui or the original one?

iZurvive is not a bad map I use it sometimes just because it loads quicker, But i think DayzTv stays better updated . 

Every time I've zeroed a weapon I've had no problem seeing what it's currently zeroed at. Are you using the new ui or the original one?

The original; I also closed and reopened the game as well and no difference.

I double checked my resolution and it's still set as before, 1920x1080, not sure what the deal is.