boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

If I were a different sort of fella, this would've gone much differently.

7wQcQo5.jpg

I didn't kill him, but I could've. I wish more players out there would see this game as more than just PvP.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 12

7wQcQo5.jpg

I didn't kill him, but I could've. I wish more players out there would see this game as more than just PvP.

What do you want, a cookie?

Some fun zombie killing excursions with ColdAtrophy tonight.

Air swimming, all the cool kids do it.

O7VOqDO.jpg

nPwfQIE.jpg

8uqDxUg.jpg

rFure2w.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So much ammo, really.

I've forgone food for lead it seems.

Just need more infected to throw it all at....

1PP had no more than 15 players at a time, server responded fairly well besides a couple hiccups.

Scarcity is definitely making looting more interesting.

2 helis we found, 1 completely empty Russian crash, 1 smoker with little of interest inside.

This has been a decent patch for me since upgrading my computer and I look forward to a possible patch before the weekend.

:)

• Like 5

Nope. Just sharing my thoughts.

That would actually be a pretty impressive shot if you made it though, it looked pretty far out. Also, did you end up interacting with this person? Maybe he was bored out of his mind and you shooting at him would be the stir that would make the session exciting!  :D Just sayin' that I appreciate getting shot at here and there. Every playstyle has its place.

Edited by Kohlbar

7wQcQo5.jpg

You just don't have the skills to shoot him or you would have. A screenshot isn't the same :)

You just don't have the skills to shoot him or you would have. A screenshot isn't the same :)

Throwing down the gauntlet, are we?

If so, RIP Mr. Sneaky. My money is on Atrophy. :o

• Like 4

Have any of you guys had it that you couldn't see what you have a gun zeroed to? I was just trying to zero my Winchester, with or without the hunting scope, and the top right of the screen flashes "Winchester Model 70" as I hit page up and down but doesn't show the distance.

Are your status updates cut off in the corner of the screen, such as notifying you that you have eaten?  aspect ratio and scaling have been difficult lately.

I haven't found many PET bottles but I've found quite a few canteens laying around so they're not that hard to find.

I'm seeing canteens in a variety of places and fairly often.

The small green and red houses seem to have them regularly.

Guess it was just an unlucky spawn. Finally found a canteen, but it took quite a lot of looting; I scoured Polana and Gorka, and still never found one until I made it almost to Grishino.

any ETA On stable?

Short answer ... no.

We expect vehicles in Exp first, before we see a new Stable build. Vehicles may happen this week, barring any complications. 

One thing's for sure, not a day goes by that I don't see anyone. Granted, I'm playing around Zeleno and Cherno a lot now and there is a higher chance for encounters, but the way these play out is heart-pumping as usually. Like when you loot a police station and notice someone is in there with you. Or when you see a guy flanking you in the forest, so you start evading and flanking him, until one eventually loses sight of the other and you see him again in the distance, out of range of your guns. Chase or run - I like those moments. I've been pumped full of Skorpion ammo and shot due to desync, but it still was fun. I wish some people would heal you rather than let you bleed out. Maybe if we made some "help me, bro" animations and sounds, we'd be more inclined to help bandage people and tie them up.

I've had little lag in my last sessions, but the servers weren't so full any more, too. This version will best be tested on stable servers with the lowest ping. Can't wait for that. I'm really missing my trucks, can't wait for vehicles again, too. I didn't realize how much I used them before. I even keep looking at truck spots, though I know they aren't there ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

So do you guys think that there will need to be a change in the way updates come in after the new renderer is implemented? If we are to have a Beta by Q1 of 2016 that would give us a maximum of  4 months to get it done, Right?

At current update rates we would prob only be on around 0.62/63 by March next year?

However, will this be sped up once the long term goals are achieved IE rendered? 

So do you guys think that there will need to be a change in the way updates come in after the new renderer is implemented? If we are to have a Beta by Q1 of 2016 that would give us a maximum of  4 months to get it done, Right?

At current update rates we would prob only be on around 0.62/63 by March next year?

However, will this be sped up once the long term goals are achieved IE rendered? 

Version numbers are largely arbitrary and merely serve the convenience of the developer..

1.0 should have significance, but sadly not all developers seem to take any pride in their work, any more.

*snip*

Impressive work, sir!

Tatanko is overdue for a party. Bring your barrel and we'll have one hell of a cook out!

A social event is definitely needed soon  B) The yearly "holiday" party is too far out, so we'll have to do something in the mean time.

It seems ridiculous to make water containers this much more scarce at the same time as implementing the inability to drink directly from pumps.

As I posted earlier in the thread:

• Like 2

Are your status updates cut off in the corner of the screen, such as notifying you that you have eaten?  aspect ratio and scaling have been difficult lately.

Must be. The thing is, my monitor is native 1080 so it's 16:9, and that's what DayZ is sending out. So I see I can no longer manually adjust the AR, so what's the solution?

https://i.imgur.com/FdXin0R.jpg

Link above shows how I'm seeing out of the scope, the AR looks correct to me but still no zeroing info.

Edited by starvingart

That would actually be a pretty impressive shot if you made it though, it looked pretty far out. Also, did you end up interacting with this person? Maybe he was bored out of his mind and you shooting at him would be the stir that would make the session exciting!  :D Just sayin' that I appreciate getting shot at here and there. Every playstyle has its place.

I agree with you 1000% believe it or not. Every playstyle does have its place. But I'm still waiting for the Chosen One(s) to bring balance to the Force.

• Like 2

any ETA On stable?

Not as of yet. There's still work to be done on desync and crash issues for example.

• Like 4

Not as of yet. There's still work to be done on desync and crash issues for example.

ETA on next exp. iteration?

...please don't say soon or soonish...

• Like 1

Yesterday I played on exp and during the night time I sneaked into Severograd with the goal to not aggro any infected. I played with the -newui option and the fps were really playable for Severograd. The infected walked around without desync and if you are careful you can sneak around them. It was really a nice experience and I had the feeling that dayz really develops in the right direction.

A few minutes later: I try if the improvised suppressor fits on the blaze (which makes sense that it doesn't) and dayz decides that the gun (with hunting scope) in my hands should be replaced with the suppressor. The gun was not to be found afterwards. Great dayz is dayz again <_< So I continue to search a new gun. In the next hunting stand I find another hunting scope and in the next town I find another blaze. :)

ETA on next exp. iteration?

...please don't say soon or soonish...

There are plans internally of course, but since it's dependant on fixing the major issues, I'd be really reluctant in disclosing this since it might give up false hope or expectations for some players. As always, the team is really working hard in order to get it out the door as fast as possible.

• Like 5

There are plans internally of course, but since it's dependant on fixing the major issues, I'd be really reluctant in disclosing this since it might give up false hope or expectations for some players. As always, the team is really working hard in order to get it out the door as fast as possible.

<3 Thanks <3

Lots of activity on Trello over the past couple of days. New mechanic, new weapon and new animations, oh my!

• Like 4

Lots of activity on Trello over the past couple of days. New mechanic, new weapon and new animations, oh my!

yeah new weapons ....  I kinda like dayz latest developments. but I didnt need the RPG-7 and the M249 Saw.

Give us less food, raise the number of zombis and let them be more aggressiv. Make all weapons more sensible to maintenace and give more craftingable objectes to us.

I hate this equip and kill guys, especally those spawn campers.

• Like 3

I know how to encourage actual player interaction and reduce rampant killing on sight.

x9Pnvu1.jpg

Let's add a motherfucking box magazine fed 200 round automatic M249 light machine gun.

Edited by Rags
  • Like 9