boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

No option to repair it as far as I could tell.

I have noticed that repairing stuff in exp does seem to update properly now without moving it.

Ahh gotcha. I haven't played in a bit on exp, not even sure if I've tried to repair stuff yet. Noted.

Ahh gotcha. I haven't played in a bit on exp, not even sure if I've tried to repair stuff yet. Noted.

There's a new 2 wide 3 tall container called a waterproof bag, it looks like a small drybag that fits in your bag or vest. It can be repaired to the highest level of damaged with duct tape but can't be repaired with the leather sewing kit like you would think.

• Like 2

Has anyone ever found an actual radio? The one that can play music?

Now that we have walkies I want to try some shenanigans by broadcasting from multiple locations...

What would be really cool is if you lure some dude into an area where you have walkies positioned in numerous locations all on the same frequency (surrounding him) So that when you speak into the your own walkie the sound will literally come from all directions.

This actually has me wondering... Would I be able to daisy chain walkie talkies together in order to create a CB network so to speak?

Only now people are going to weary about it since you posted about it.

where did you find the boar? :o

edit: whoever found my berezino stash on public stable, enjoy

Near Vybor.

Edited by thEchicagoBoy
  • Like 1

Remembered yet another building that had become enterable, making for nine total in 0.59! it's another gray workshop building and I added it to my building thread in the Gallery section if you want to see it ;)

There is something distinctly awesome about the lighting in this version...

LF68Fpe.jpg

9ea7ajX.jpg

• Like 7

Remembered yet another building that had become enterable, making for nine total in 0.59! it's another gray workshop building and I added it to my building thread in the Gallery section if you want to see it ;)

There is something distinctly awesome about the lighting in this version...

LF68Fpe.jpg

9ea7ajX.jpg

In the beginning of the topic you said that you already new which building got replaced by the new shed.

Is it that stone unenterable shed? Saw it in a video yesterday but not sure if they're still in there. They look like the new shed though, only they're from stone.

First screenshot on new computer.

c5SZNnU.jpg

Should have sent a poet.

Quality looks nice, but how is the quantity (FPS)? :P Edited by IMT

-snip-

Quality looks nice, but how is the quantity (FPS)? :P

I've barely played a couple hours with the new rig tonight and didn't monitor my FPS yet.

I'm definitely interested to see how well it handles the coastal cities.

We only saw 1 zombie in Severograd tonight (I'm "RPing" that we killed em all) so tomorrow we may head down to the coast for some "cleansing missions".

• Like 3

In the beginning of the topic you said that you already new which building got replaced by the new shed.

Is it that stone unenterable shed? Saw it in a video yesterday but not sure if they're still in there. They look like the new shed though, only they're from stone.

The new one replaced this one:

(not my screenshot, obviously)

dayz_28_2014_1_26_1_43_44_178.jpg

• Like 1

In case anyone else wanted to know, like I did:

• Like 3

My guess is a big part of the perceived rarity of ammunition is the fact that the existing amount of loose bullets are in those stupid full stacks (like 40 for .308 and so forth). It would be much better and immersive if they would spread the numbers in smaller stacks that are more common. And maybe have a chance to find a rifle with some bullets inside it (small number maybe one to three or so).

Yes it is controversial but imho at the moment they overdid it, I love the game but searching _hours_ for some ammo that fits is too much. (I would accept it if the weapon spawns with bullets though). It just feels weird to loot through four to six villages up in the north and end up at the nwaf without a single bullet :D

• Like 2

There are a few things that are supposed to be fixed now that might be worth confirming. If anyone else has the time, feel free:

1. Weapon handguards. These should be swappable again, and also able to be painted.

2. Izh18 rifle should now be audible to both the person firing it and other people around them.

3. UMP should now be able to receive a flashlight, though I am unsure which one is compatible.

4. More fertilizer should be produced when combining materials in a barrel (previously a 20% bag I believe).

5. Persistence should no longer be functioning anywhere in the Debug area.

• Like 6

The new one replaced this one:

(not my screenshot, obviously)

dayz_28_2014_1_26_1_43_44_178.jpg

Now I see that it is wood. I always thought they were made of stone. :lol:

But yes, that's the one I meant.

• Like 3

Might be a silly question - but how do you reload with the -newui? I can only chamber rounds if I'm not holding my weapon. 

Hey should we be looking for particular gameplay stability fixes? Dropping items without disappearance (including when it gets tossed outside) I have noticed.

If I am understanding, the current drop system is going to be replaced when the new physics system and player controller are viable. On that note, I have noticed no improvement with floor sinking item loss after throwing items. Nice the flares provide a visual example as their light fades as they plummet down the z axis. 

[edit: or are these the same or related. When an item is placed, it is fixed as a non-physics object, but where it "lands" is calculated better than when an object in motion collides with the same surface.]

(2nd edit. I love playing around in low pop servers right now.  Smooth throwing and zombies, and chance to test out this update. specifically that BOUNCE. And waterproof bags are weebls)

Edited by MotleyKoop

Might be a silly question - but how do you reload with the -newui? I can only chamber rounds if I'm not holding my weapon. 

You have to put the clip/mag/whatever in your hotbar, then pressing the key, while your weapon is in your hands :)

• Like 2

Found some useful stuff out today. 
So I'm completely lost , really no clue where I am . Found a small town near  the train tracks , which confused me even more . Since I thought i was running NW from the coast. 
Anywho , I spotted a few zombies in this town before I entered , So i took it slow and low as to not aggro them . After a few minutes I hear shots fired. At them . I found a Barrel I was hunting , So I decided to dip out. The Shots are REALLY close now , I peek out , and see the guy , he sees me with big red and white barrel . Shoots at me . I take cover .  I make a plan. 

I have 6 smoke grenades on me 3xBlack and 3 white. I light them all , toss them back into my pockets , pick up my barrel and run like mad into the woods . Smoke everywhere, shots going wild, totally covered my escape lol . 
While I make my run I cross a amazing looking river bed I've never noticed before . And To my surprise , Sprained my ankle while running down it ??? 

A short while later, I find a nice little cabin on the edge of the woods, Set out some rabbit traps ,made a splint to fix my leg, set up my barrel and got ready to rest and recover a bit . 

Made 3 traps , caught 4 rabbits in total , made a Lance from the bones, ( just to see what it was like ) Popped holes in the barrel , built a fire and cooked my breakfast. 

Did not get sick from the meat which is a nice change, How ever the meat did not show as cooked still. And my barrel vanished while I was out looking for water after the fire went out . Also I did not get blood on my hands from skinning the rabbits :(
Over all, still a fairly interesting morning . 

GJVijzi.jpg

7MufqNK.jpg

OYoVVMH.jpg

i53Rfme.jpg

QDPzdmr.jpg

Thanks BioHaze

Edited by J0nathan
  • Like 8

You have to put the clip/mag/whatever in your hotbar, then pressing the key, while your weapon is in your hands :)

I did try that - because that worked with the CR527 rifle, but my mosin didn't reload. I love the FPS boost from the new UI, but it does seem extremely buggy for me at least. 

Anyone had problems with the shakes and messed up status messages regarding it in EXP so far?

I have come to the conclusion on 58 stable that running around wearing a quilted jacket is the safest and fastest way to remove them. Much more reliable than like 3 campfires or whatnot.

I found this guy near Black Forest,

185sOfU.jpg 

if you want the pelt pm me, I'll leave a stash for you. 

I've been carrying it around for 2 days now  ^_^

Same goes for this little guy, he was west of Berezino

QAqeTbE.jpg 

He's cute but his bark is eerie enough to make you check your six  :P

Awesome of you to offer but you keep it! Just glad to know its there again and judging by the replies it is now being found more easily, which is awesome.

In 58 I frequently tried offering half my stash for the darn thing to no avail.

Also poor fox :( makes you feel bad hurting it with that puppy like squeal.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

-snip-

Sorry I dont know how to do the spoiler thing ... 

If you are going to post more than 1 large image you will likely be asked to use the spoilers by a moderator here.

In the top left corner of the reply to this topic window you will see 3 symbols.

The first from left looks like a light switch, the second looks like a a pink and white pill, and the third is a white box with 2 green rectangles in it.

Click the white box with the rectangles in it and you will get a selection of BBC code options.

Choose Spoiler to bring up a window.

Use BBC code on either side of your image URL [img_]yourimageurl[_/img] (remove underscores).

Post.

Profit!

• Like 5

My guess is a big part of the perceived rarity of ammunition is the fact that the existing amount of loose bullets are in those stupid full stacks (like 40 for .308 and so forth). It would be much better and immersive if they would spread the numbers in smaller stacks that are more common. And maybe have a chance to find a rifle with some bullets inside it (small number maybe one to three or so).

Yes it is controversial but imho at the moment they overdid it, I love the game but searching _hours_ for some ammo that fits is too much. (I would accept it if the weapon spawns with bullets though). It just feels weird to loot through four to six villages up in the north and end up at the nwaf without a single bullet :D

I do agree with you Moeb1us it would be good if some guns came with ammo and a mag attached to it (not all).  Although I could see people taking the ammo/mag and leaving the gun.  Because at the moment I'm finding lots of guns, but not many if any mags for them.  I do like it that you are finding sks ammo in civ places now as there are civ guns that use it.  I also like the fact that not much of it is around, but enough to take out zeds.  I did do that at zelen, but had to think about it as I didn't have lots of it and it was making a noise so went in with the axe in the end.  I do hope that the devs get around to attaching mags and ammo to guns soon as it was asked for quite a while ago and it shouldn't be that hard for them to implement and add to the loot list. I would rather that than a car to be honest with you.

I dont understand the controversy on rarity of ammo ? 
With the introduction of crafted weapons , you can never go unarmed to defend yourself against Zombies and hunt animals . 

If it takes a few hours to upgrade to a decent gun + ammo combination then so be it? It just adds more value to those items .

I'm sure we have all successfully defended ourselves at least once or twice from well armed bandits with nothing but a bow or melee before. So we know it is possible. 
I think it was Hicks that said he wanted to try out rare ammo this patch , and see how it balanced out . At the least it should slow down the CoD KOS play styles at the airfield and coast lines. 
We are slowly starting to get into an area of development where we have more objectives  , than to just run and gun each other 

Personally I would still really like to see all guns spawning badly damaged, so they had to be repaired before use. Spawn with none of their needed attachments , so you had to build them in a since. And ammo to be found only a few bullets at a time. Not in large stacks . 

Building a fully decked out M4 could take just as long and be just as uncommon as a SVD is now . 

Edited by J0nathan
  • Like 5

I'm sure we have all successfully defended ourselves at least once or twice from well armed bandits with nothing but a bow or melee before.

I've killed more people in the last few weeks than in the entire ~2 years preceding that, and it's been almost entirely melee. For all the emphasis the PvP community places on firearms, few of them have any skill with a gun anyway... and my ax usually wins instead :)

• Like 5

*snip*

I do hope that the devs get around to attaching mags and ammo to guns soon as it was asked for quite a while ago and it shouldn't be that hard for them to implement and add to the loot list. I would rather that than a car to be honest with you.

I want to say I read that goes hand in hand with the plan for vehicles being spawned in various states of repair and on the to do list already.

Barracading might be cool, idk, really cant tell until its exploited :lol:  as far as my frames being at 10,(my resolution was set wrong in-game, my bad