boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Don't forget to change between Direct and Transmit with your chat cycle channel keys if you want to speak or not to speak on the radio.

• Like 2

I spawned in an orchard on the SE side of Berezino. I don't believe that I've had this spawn before. I already had a prompt to search for apples, without even moving ... very convenient! I moved towards  the nearest house, which was less that 100m away. On the way, I passed a gravel patch and made myself an improvised knife. While I was searching for stones I spotted a zed which was just beyond the tree line. I would have blundered right into her, if it hadn't been for the gravel patch! Surely the DayZ gods are smiling on me today.

I adjusted my course and resumed my trek to the house. Once inside, I realized that I was completely surrounded by 6-8 zeds! I hadn't heard their growling and snarling for months, but it still gives me the heebie jeebies, especially the sound of so many of them, in such a small area. I had no desire for a confrontation, since I had nothing but a battery, a stone knife and my wits, against at least a half dozen infected. Fortunately, stealth carried the day and I will (hopefully) live long enough to revisit this unholy place, once I have secured adequate weaponry.

I ran into one jackwagon in Gorka. He was running right towards me, so I reciprocated. Just as we converged, I broke left and kept going. I probably could have beat his brains out, all over the ground, with my sledge, but I was in full scavenge mode. He thanked me by lobbing a couple of small caliber rounds in my direction. Hence, my referring to him affectionately, as a jackwagon.

I found a Mosin and twenty rounds early on. Pistols are everywhere, but I haven't seen any mags, nor pistol ammo. I can't find a lick of rope to make a courier sack, so I've been using a kids briefcase. I finally found a taloon pack and just as I was transferring my gear, "No message received ..." Apparently, Eugen pulled the servers down, in order to twiddle the knobs a bit. Cheers Eugen! Naturally, when the servers came back up, the backpack was gone. THANKS Eugen!!!

I haven't found one yet, but I really enjoyed the vid of the smoke grenade. The particle effects looked great, but I think that we need to crank up the gravity a bit, so that it doesn't bounce like a superball. This isn't Take On Mars, so that'll be 9.8m/s2 if you please!

I gotta say, apart from the cinematic frame rate and the dodgy hotbar, I'm having a grand ol' time. BTW, I don't think that anyone mentioned that the game no longer crashes when shutting down. I'm glad to see the taillights of that bug in my rear-view mirror! I had a couple of sudden FPS drops, but they don't seem to be either as frequent, or as severe as in the past. This may just be wishful thinking on my part, but it seems to me that I had much poorer performance the last time that we had zeds in any meaningful quantity. It's still not good, but it does seem to be a move in the right direction. You gotta admit that the art team does a fabulous job with the weapons models (has anyone found a hunting bow yet?), but I'm really digging the new enterable buildings and their interiors, in particular. I'm anxious to hit it again tomorrow and see if I can find any map changes.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 8

Hmm.. found some nice supplies pretty quick on the coast.. then tried to make a improv backpack and couldnt pick up the rope due to lag... I'll just wait till later when all the kids are off and the server pop is nice and low  B)

Hmm.. found some nice supplies pretty quick on the coast.. then tried to make a improv backpack and couldnt pick up the rope due to lag... I'll just wait till later when all the kids are off and the server pop is nice and low  B)

If there is other stuff lying around, try picking that up first. I've had the same problem with rope and could only pick it up after I had removed a radar cap next to it. Also, crafting rope from ten rags still works an it seems that plenty of knifes spawn. You might just wanna craft one, too. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

as for picking up stuff, for me this has been prevalent on stable as well.

most of the time I realize that the doors I just walked thru were actually "closed" as in they are open but the server gives me an option to "open them".

so what I think happens most of the time when you try picking something up after walking through an "open" closed door is that the server just says "no mate you cant be here, the door is closed. you tryna pick stuff up thru the door fgt?", so I just open, close, reopen the door and vault once and woops it always works after that.

also on the few servers I was on I noticed that nearly every door was out of sync.. so punching or shooting any building always resulted in the doors closing or opening as it updates the buildings state

tl;dr

make sure the doors are actually open and not closed on the server side.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 2

GUUUEESSSSS WHATTTT DADDDYYYYYY FOUUUUNNND!

N4pNGwr.jpg

Awesome to have found this AND a mag AND a flashbang all in the berezino PD!! But yea thye FPS is worse than ever, the zombies run through SOME doors (not the police station doors though). The zombies are AWESOME and i dont know what soundsw they make but they makesomenew sounds haha.. I also found a stack (clip?) of what seemed to be flare rounds (maybe grenades not sure) . Cant wait to explore more i just hope we see an FPS boost and door fix for the doors that let zombs through.

wow, nice!  :thumbsup:

It`s like christmas eve playing 0.59 experimental branch I started in elektro at night with a flare and meet a dude begged me to kill him.

I said I can`t do that - I`m on an important mission and time is essential - jump off the roof m8, lol.  ^_^

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 5

Any word on Nato gear and hows its spawning in this exp ? and is there UN berets and helmets spawning in military bases ? 

Don't know if it is new or not, but I had never been in there, but the orange/yellow churches are now enterable... I went in the one on the hill at Krasnostav...

Found some awesome new stuff so far, the Skorpion and hiking jackets being my favorite.. Lured a few zombies about for a bit, they can still glitch hit majorly and they do appear to be relatively dumb in that they just stop chasing occasionally... But certainly better than before and a million times better than none at all.. Managed to get a group of about 6 or so following me which was fun... They do however appear to struggle to follow you into certain buildings, most notably for me the grey 2 floored industrial building with the blue doors at either end. They just kept walking around from door to door then getting stuck when trying to enter. They also wouldn't follow me through gates, preferring to walk around and find holes in the wall, and this was with the gate left open..

Did you have the primary weapon in your hands when you logged out and back in? Because that has always been a safe way to delete your hotbar link.

hmm I'm not 100% sure because I was double carrying for quite a while, I'll have to doublecheck

hmm I'm not 100% sure because I was double carrying for quite a while, I'll have to doublecheck

yeah if you're double carrying its a safecall, whatever you have in your hands upon logging out gets wiped from the hotbar, but the gun on your back should keep its place there.

• Like 1

How do we rep the Gorka Helmets.The Leather Kit gives the option, but can't be used any more. Maybe in the new maintenance building? Gonna check when I find one, later.

I forgot to ask - has anyone found a cooking pot and a tent yet? Also glowplugs and batteries - are they more rare.

Also: I don't get the error message about "glowplugs missing..." at startup any more. Seems we had a slight serverside update last night. Thanks devs!

What I don't get - why don't they release this version to stable as well? There would be tons more servers and of lately the experimental updates are thorough enough to make it to stable. 

I found a cooking pot but haven't seen a tent.  The pot was in the bedroom of a log cabin on the bottom shelf of the wardrobe.

Aren't vehicles out of this build?  Maybe why it isn't in stable right off?  I read that they want experimentals to "cook on experimental" to see what comes up after awhile before inflicting experimental builds onto stable.  Who knows?  In a day or too the servers could lock up again or crash or go bonkers with loot dumps..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

the message about not working wells arived to late at my end  :|

found an wonderful looking pack of rice went to next well, eat all and died due dehydration in front of the well  :(

• Like 1

I found a cooking pot but haven't seen a tent.  The pot was in the bedroom of a log cabin on the bottom shelf of the wardrobe.

Aren't vehicles out of this build?  Maybe why it isn't in stable right off?  I read that they want experimentals to "cook on experimental" to see what comes up after awhile before inflicting experimental builds onto stable.  Who knows?  In a day or too the servers could lock up again or crash or go bonkers with loot dumps..

Thx, I'll look. Going fishing later :) Gonna poach if I find a pot and grill on a stick. Are animals in this build, by any chance?  

Yes, I think what I thought was vehicle exhaust was really a black smoke grenade (if that exists). The cloud just hung in the air, probably just a problem removing it. 

Thx, I'll look. Going fishing later :) Gonna poach if I find a pot and grill on a stick. Are animals in this build, by any chance?  

Yes, I think what I thought was vehicle exhaust was really a black smoke grenade (if that exists). The cloud just hung in the air, probably just a problem removing it. 

I've heard and seen a lot of chickens so yes there are animals.

• Like 1

I went to bed with another game open.  Waiting for the update is killing me!!!  Longest 3 minutes and 27 seconds since I was 8 on Xmas eve!

• Like 6

I've heard and seen a lot of chickens so yes there are animals.

Killed a chicken with a hammer. It froze up and did nothing. Also saw some bugged out deer.

Yeah, the new vehicles and some other new features of .59 aren't in this build, they want to test zeds and the network.

Anyone else have a problem moving items to the hotbar? I was able to move my primary and secondary, but canteen and binocs were a no-go.

• Like 1

Oh the gun chambers one bullet automatically from the mag. So we can actually have one extra bullet like in real life. That's a cool change that I didn't know.

• Like 1

I found a cooking pot but haven't seen a tent. 

Found a pitched (civ) tent in the center of Mishkino tents, so they're in. Also scored an SVD but can't find a mag anywhere. Found several VSS mags, no VSS and here I have an SVD, no mags. FML

• Like 6

Game is unplayable in any regards to melee, close quarters and sniping.

Had a chicken scare the bejesus out of me by a house. The smoke grenade is real, found one up in the northern barracks, along with 2 frag grenades.  

On magazines.  I don't think the first mag I should find in game is the one for the AK74, should be easier to find CZ527 magazines than it is.  IRL I know where all my magazines are, most are not in the same room but I know they are in the same house..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Killed a chicken with a hammer. It froze up and did nothing. Also saw some bugged out deer.

The chicken I killed did the same.  

I blasted him with a shotgun from point blank range and he just stood there staring at me as if to say "That's all you got?"

Upon closer inspection he was dead and his cutlets were not nearly as tough as his disposition  :lol:

• Like 10

The chicken I killed did the same.  

I blasted him with a shotgun from point blank range and he just stood there staring at me as if to say "That's all you got?"

Upon closer inspection he was dead and his cutlets were not nearly as tough as his disposition  :lol:

I laughed out loud and ripped a fart at that comment. Keep up the chicken stories!

• Like 3

Not sure how many colors the new bags have but i found an orange one. Even though the item isn't new on this topic the color is at least. :P

KXa0llb.jpg

• Like 1