boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Loaded compostie arrows into a quiver and they became bolts. loaded them into the cross bow, shot them and they turned back into compsite arrows. 

vehicle textures vanish when driving for a bit.. return when i exit. Is this a common bug?  

• Like 4

Didn't have a ton of time to play tonight, but while I did the decision was made to check out Prison Island. On a fully populated and popular server (US East 0-1), there wasn't much to be found. I did discover what happens when you throw a bunch of torches into the water though. I'm going to have to figure out other uses for this  B)

I also got robbed near Komarovo for the VERY FIRST TIME! :D To be fair, it turned out one of the bandits had met me previously on DayZ Underground, so we weren't total strangers. He did prevent his friend from executing me though, and in fact they gave me a high cap vest despite taking my pants! The whole exchange was hysterical :)

First, a GIF:

WGuRSBz.gif

Followed by some pictures:

Uf7Rnd3.jpg

9m2Z9Hn.jpg

1RV0N4W.jpg

LuLnTaU.jpg

iZgYc2C.jpg

vRa20Wn.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

This evening I must have sprinted for 15 minutes and finally got the 'you are getting warm' message . I haven't seen a player, an animal or an infected in hours of game play so maybe that explains my smooth frame rates. Still no health icons showing on my ui. Also I don'tt like the lighting changes from dusk to dark, seems to be no colour or weird orange or lime green phases. Dark to dawn is better if too fast. Game needs the fatigue system pretty soon. Why bother with a car when you can sprint for hours humping 50 lbs.. One good thing though is that when sprinting your breathing gets heavy and that should drown out other sounds.

One good thing though is that when sprinting your breathing gets heavy and that should drown out other sounds.

The heavy breathing will also give away your position.  I encountered a guy the other day that was spotted by a friend in the same town, but he lost him.  The heavy breathing coming from inside this one house removed all doubt from where he had hidden.

• Like 1

Just a random thought, but shouldn't Cherno and Elektro be filled to the brim with Infected as major cities would be the worst casualty of biological warfare/pandemic?

In game terms, this would present fresh spawns a frightening entrance as well as an incentive to get the hell out of there and move more inland. This wouldn't make the area unsurvivable, but definitely a lot more threatening than just bored KOSers waiting for Bambis to shoot.

If this change were implemented, it could very well allow these locations to be stuffed with lovely goods. . if one were brave enough to enter it and sneak about.

• Like 1

Just a random thought, but shouldn't Cherno and Elektro be filled to the brim with Infected as major cities would be the worst casualty of biological warfare/pandemic?

In game terms, this would present fresh spawns a frightening entrance as well as an incentive to get the hell out of there and move more inland. This wouldn't make the area unsurvivable, but definitely a lot more threatening than just bored KOSers waiting for Bambis to shoot.

If this change were implemented, it could very well allow these locations to be stuffed with lovely goods. . if one were brave enough to enter it and sneak about.

That's more or less how the mods were. There were only zombies where items spawned, I think. And in some mods they also spawned a group near you when you shot. I'd like infected in town a lot, because it meant you had to be stealthy while looting. This often led to me either spotting other players or encountering them directly in a situation where shooting could have meant death for the both of us. I've also often helped other players when they were downed by zombies - makes for good companions. Idk why the mods changed into these crazy versions where everything is about massing up the biggest weapons. They lost appeal over time.

I'm all up fort that, but in the mods you had not many interiors and fewer items in the cities, so the infected didn't lag out the game. I've tried to explain things to me the other way around: in the beginning, the cities were swarmed, but as nearly everyone had turned and there were no more stimulii, they started moving outta town. Now we have herds roaming the land, which combine and split up again. That way, we could still have occasional groups in the cities and the outskirts (you could even lead them there, should you chose to). But they wouldn't constantly linger in the cities and hopefully cause less lag. The latter though might not be true. After all, a random distribution could lead to far more zombies intown than one that was balanced to keep lag in check.

From a gameplay standpoint, I'd definitely want them in cities in great numbers. From a lag (?) standpoint, I'd rather not have them there, if it means I get killed from d-sync. I guess we'll have to see how the lag actually works out in the end when Enfusion is finally complete. We also have to keep in mind that the infected will react to us repairing cars, eating, drinking, etc. so it will become quite a challenge to get a car done and move it out of town. Especially when the infected can toss it around and flip them over, like now ^^ - I hope that'll be changed, too. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

So, without any Aussie servers I played on the 1pp server, SNG 0-2 (does anyone know what SNG is short for?). While playing I got really bad fps.

I normally get 20-35 but now I get 5-20. It used to drop fps for a few seconds here and there before but now it's just continuous bad fps. I'm not sure if it's because of the latency due to a distant server or the new build. Has anyone else experienced a fps drop in this build?? I can't see how increased latency would decrease fps.

So, without any Aussie servers I played on the 1pp server, SNG 0-2 (does anyone know what SNG is short for?). While playing I got really bad fps.

I normally get 20-35 but now I get 5-20. It used to drop fps for a few seconds here and there before but now it's just continuous bad fps. I'm not sure if it's because of the latency due to a distant server or the new build. Has anyone else experienced a fps drop in this build?? I can't see how increased latency would decrease fps.

Id say SiNGapour. I have mixed performance od different servers as well. But I have stone age PC.

• Like 1

That's more or less how the mods were. There were only zombies where items spawned, I think. And in some mods they also spawned a group near you when you shot. I'd like infected in town a lot, because it meant you had to be stealthy while looting. This often led to me either spotting other players or encountering them directly in a situation where shooting could have meant death for the both of us. I've also often helped other players when they were downed by zombies - makes for good companions. Idk why the mods changed into these crazy versions where everything is about massing up the biggest weapons. They lost appeal over time.

I'm all up fort that, but in the mods you had not many interiors and fewer items in the cities, so the infected didn't lag out the game. I've tried to explain things to me the other way around: in the beginning, the cities were swarmed, but as nearly everyone had turned and there were no more stimulii, they started moving outta town. Now we have herds roaming the land, which combine and split up again. That way, we could still have occasional groups in the cities and the outskirts (you could even lead them there, should you chose to). But they wouldn't constantly linger in the cities and hopefully cause less lag. The latter though might not be true. After all, a random distribution could lead to far more zombies intown than one that was balanced to keep lag in check.

From a gameplay standpoint, I'd definitely want them in cities in great numbers. From a lag (?) standpoint, I'd rather not have them there, if it means I get killed from d-sync. I guess we'll have to see how the lag actually works out in the end when Enfusion is finally complete. We also have to keep in mind that the infected will react to us repairing cars, eating, drinking, etc. so it will become quite a challenge to get a car done and move it out of town. Especially when the infected can toss it around and flip them over, like now ^^ - I hope that'll be changed, too.

This. Devs, read this. This is literally the most important thing to add to the game and soon. We can put up with bugs and slow additions of the rest, but I'm ready for the Day'Z' to be scary as hell and chop full of Infected.

• Like 1

This. Devs, read this. This is literally the most important thing to add to the game and soon. We can put up with bugs and slow additions of the rest, but I'm ready for the Day'Z' to be scary as hell and chop full of Infected.

The devs know this and have put an incredible amount of thought into their idea of the infected. They just didn't yet have the means to incorporate them into the game. After vehicles are released with the next stable version, I'm sure finishing the renderer takes a priority. Because when that is finished, they will know how many resources they can spare on the infected and make them as awesome as they should be. After all, this is an iterative development (as all games should be), so in theory each version of everything should be better than the last. At some point zombies/infected will be a feature and a selling point for Dayz. At the moment they are more of a decorative element ;) I already like how they make me look twice now, just to make sure it's an infected I see and not a player. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

I think there's just so much potential for them to really draw this map into a harsh land of existence.. Where living is a reward for being absolutely correct in your every action, where your heart thumps louder than ever because you realize you're surrounded by the Infected and have to hide and HOPE to get away.

At the moment, other players worry me more than anything. I hardly trust any soul out there and have had to put bullets in people who I thought were friendly.. And then I run back into the wilds, knowing I'm safer loving as a wandering monk than a soldier attempting to save people.

When the time comes and the Infected are truly terrifying, as well as there being a mass of horrors in the wilds, my masochistic love of fear and desperation will be sated hehe.

• Like 1

a page of no reports on bugs... last update must be golden!

stable time next week ay!

with xmas trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Why next week? This version is good to go stable today!

I don't like the x-mas trees - you play too many MMOs ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Zeds/infected need to be faster, more dangerous and everywhere. I mean everywhere: woods, villages, industrial areas, farms, prison island...  They should have defined hit points, damage points and defined sensors. Also, they should move in different ways and not all like one.

• Like 4

Plenty of bugs and glitches, but not more that usual. I think next week is OK. But Hicks mentioned another update before end of year. I doubt that but we can hope.

Zeds/infected need to be faster, more dangerous and everywhere. I mean everywhere: woods, villages, industrial areas, farms, prison island...  They should have defined hit points, damage points and defined sensors. Also, they should move in different ways and not all like one.

I'm with you with everything but defined hit points and damage points - We don't have that, so they shouldn't either. Plus, it adds to the fear factor when facing them.

Also, if the Devs pleased, they could have a variety of Infected that all operated on different levels of durability, and amount of damage they deal.

My personal hope is that there are at least 10 different models (In addition to the current) of Infected when they have finally put them through the tester. 3 male, 3 female versions - zed versions of the characters we play - and then a Male Soldier, a Female Nurse, a Male Businessman, and a Female Dancer.

Variety of speeds, awareness, tenacity (How far they'll chase you), and goods you'd find on them.

As for attacks, I think there should be only a few you can certainly count on: Punches, Slaps, Attempting to Bite, Grappling and then Biting (From the back, forcing the player to spam A and D), and (If ever allowed) melee weapons from very rare Infected.

Edited by Espa

anyone noticed aany newui fixes?

You can again drag ammo onto weapons in your personal inventory, and select the chamber option.  This has been successful, and nearly instantaneous since yesterday.

No fixes as far as general design goes, but it stops being quite as annoying after only a few days.  I haven't even bothered switching back to old for a couple weeks now.  Still think it needs work, but it is definitely functional.  Just know that the hotkeys will place the weapon in your hands, on your back when you hotkey your shouldered weapon; if you then switch to another weapon, you will lose the one that was on your shoulder.  It's not intuitive where things get placed.

• Like 2

Those quivers are in since a little while. The use of them is they work like mags, when  your out of bolt, use R or your reload key to load in the bolts from your  quiver.

Yeah I get that, but does it make any sense to work like that...? At best it should just be a bolt/arrow specific container that you can wear, like a vest or a holster. I don't see how it can hasten the loading of a bolt to the ramp ("chambering" the crossbow) and 4 more to the rack below it.

Either way this isn't necessarily a bug, more like misimplemented content, IMO.

• Like 1

My buddy and I just got into a nice firefight with 3 ppl (?) in Zaprudnoe, between Novaya Pretroka and Ratnoe.. Anyone here up in that area around 6:15 - 6:30 EST?  If so.. props and nice job!  

We found the Offroad Hatchback and got it on the road.. but man, it wanted to slide around everywhere.  Almost not driveable.  All tires 'were' prestine, battery & plugs included.  

Yeah I get that, but does it make any sense to work like that...? At best it should just be a bolt/arrow specific container that you can wear, like a vest or a holster. I don't see how it can hasten the loading of a bolt to the ramp ("chambering" the crossbow) and 4 more to the rack below it.

Either way this isn't necessarily a bug, more like misimplemented content, IMO.

Loaded compostie arrows into a quiver and they became bolts. loaded them into the cross bow, shot them and they turned back into compsite arrows. 

I'll risk coming out and saying that the quivers need some work :D

Infected have not attacked me, just walk. around....

Also noticed a huge issue with the pg up, pg down for scope distances.... you cant read it. Please change it to darker grey with white text.

Now i am not sure on the new UI as i read we shouldn't be using it yet. Past posts.

Today i wasn't a dick, i didn't KOS a fellow i stalked to a shed. I waved, but forgot my keys where unbound.

Then someone followed me to a smoker. 2nd one in one morning, ammo can etc.. This was central usa server i believe.

I only fired a 100m shot to warn off in case he/she was following me.

So emu did i pass the test?

next time i cant promise anything because i am a sniper i like to complete my sniper profile, but i feel the way .59 is or the loot is so scarce or its been picked up the ammo will be useless.

Dev's readme

Guys/Devs, i have to warn you. You take the cool shit away, and you will lose even more people. I know your intentions are there to make it hard, and harder if full server but if this is any indication where we have 1 stack of unknown ammo around 1 tent everyone is going to sit at the shore. You will have people log off and find something else to do.

Already my guys in the 20 age group want something better to do. I dunno what to suggest, but make it hard but not too hard you can't spawn any ammo. People don't want to sit in cherno running around with axes all day either. I am just warning you because if its any indication of how some like to play... cya... this is a good for the game, in its current state warning. I noticed it so hard to find even rifle ammo. Lots of guns. Your making it server hoping constant again for the military zones. Already .58 is doing this. I have been watching this for way to long, and its not good for the game.

Other issues, Objects

There needs to be a change in the deer stands. Moving the wall smaller to the ladder. It forces you off of it. not that i couldn't work around it.

There also needs to be a change in the military green towers, they where designed too small. At least make the tops the same size as the deer stands.

Guard towers are meant to be used. Its a function that should be correct. Ill post the screen shots in the suggestions forum sometime for the record.

Some tents still need to be fixed, too low into the ground. Height is deep.

Audio: I also agree with the breathing, it needs to be reduced a tad.

Alright, so I don't know about you guys but last night (latest build) and the night before (previous build) all of us experienced a different kind of desync. 

Example 1: 

Putting tires back on a sedan we got unstuck. Some of us saw 3 tires on the car. Some of us saw 4. We had to place the tires on the ground while we unstuck the sedan and copies of them still appeared on the ground for all of us on the group even after they were attached to the sedan.

Example 2: 

Growing pumpkins. I didn't have a knife on me. So I collected the crops as they were ready and gave them to Biohaze so he could chop them up. Two pumpkins did not appear for him until I picked them up and dropped them again.

Items are not showing up in the same places for everyone playing.

• Like 1

Guys/Devs, i have to warn you. You take the cool shit away, and you will lose even more people. I know your intentions are there to make it hard, and harder if full server but if this is any indication where we have 1 stack of unknown ammo around 1 tent everyone is going to sit at the shore. You will have people log off and find something else to do.

Already my guys in the 20 age group want something better to do. I dunno what to suggest, but make it hard but not too hard you can't spawn any ammo. People don't want to sit in cherno running around with axes all day either. I am just warning you because if its any indication of how some like to play... cya... this is a good for the game, in its current state warning. I noticed it so hard to find even rifle ammo. Lots of guns. Your making it server hoping constant again for the military zones. Already .58 is doing this. I have been watching this for way to long, and its not good for the game

I dont know what your issue is, iam just chilling around in upper berezino and finding so much ammo i have to decide what items i have to drop for it. I made my way to balota and filled a whole ammo box and still have loads of ammo in my cloths around. There is ammo everywhere but if you log out after 5 minutes of searching for ammo, you are probably playing the wrong game

I dont know what your issue is, iam just chilling around in upper berezino and finding so much ammo i have to decide what items i have to drop for it. I made my way to balota and filled a whole ammo box and still have loads of ammo in my cloths around. There is ammo everywhere but if you log out after 5 minutes of searching for ammo, you are probably playing the wrong game

Odd? 6 hrs of playing .59 last night, and the night before 4 hrs. Went from the coast, through a ton of small towns to larger towns like stary etc.. even did the whole military tents etc.. still not much ammo. I got some don't get me wrong but not any where near what .58 was like. At least in 10 hrs i didn't have to search through 10-15 towns, deer stands, and military zones.

these towns where not looted either. So whatever the drop rate is, its not close to what it was in .58 from what i am seeing. Now ber had people in it, and some did go as far as stary area. But only 1-2 people and most of the towns where un looted even the police areas.

.freak check my join date been playing since .48 and have 1000 hrs into the game. Steam is not correct on my profile. Don't know why its half of the rest of my buds play time.