boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

How is it that Dayz knows exactly what you are looking for, and makes it ridiculously hard to find, and then when you are not looking for it, it's all over the place (almost). The other day I was finding lock picks galore and now that I want one... nada.

Although, looking for lock picks and found a pristine hunter backpack, so I guess it's not so bad  :D

Haha, dude - its been happening since the mod.

• Like 8

Just found a pristine banana. First one of those I have seen in a while! 

Well if I do run into you in game at the I won't bother asking "Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" since I already know it IS in fact a banana in your pocket and you probably won't be happy to see me. Mostly because you won't know it's me... but also because given the state of the game we'll probably either be shooting at one another or scared to death. 

• Like 3

On a patch related note I've been experiencing these rather weird complete black screen crashes (not "you are dead / you are unconscious type black screens.) Everything just goes black and my character reportedly keeps moving until I exit the program and restart. This happened to one of our guys last night too... and another one of them before that. I've had it happen 2-3 times since .58. I'd never had one before .58 so I'm wondering if I'm not the only one?

I'll bug tracker it- tough to report, however, since I'm not exactly sure what's causing it. ANOTHER one of our guys said it might be a graphics driver crash but there's no error indicating this so I'm not sure. 

Anyway- anyone else having these with increased regularity?

• Like 1

ANOTHER one of our guys said it might be a graphics driver crash but there's no error indicating this so I'm not sure. 

I thought it might be a GPU driver crash because my 2nd monitor, the one running off of my Intel HD 4600 (which is the on-die GPU of my i5-4690k), still works fine. I am not, however, able to recover video of any kind on my primary monitor, the one running on my GTX 970, when this happens. I've had it twice now and had to reboot my computer completely to fix it. Just a theory though. Next time I will check the event logs.

One thing I forgot about that I was reminded of was the -dolog entry... I'm not sure if I still have it on but it looks like I turned it on around .54. I'll check it out when I get back to camp tonight.

I've been getting a frozen screen crash. Can't alt tab out, have to turn computer off completely and reboot. Fairly new gaming laptop w/ GTX980 card. Kind of annoying, probably ASUS related though. 

This new? Never had it happen before.

Lit a fire at night, while i tabbed to grab my canteen, everything went black and the fire went to embers. it was a brand new fire that HAD flames. it was completely black, i couldn't find my way out of the barn i was in. i had to relog and even then it was only light enough to find the exit and as i walked out, everything went black again. total darkness. i had to run away from the barn for a second before the regular night time lighting was back and i could turn around to see the fire light coming out of the barn door.

dq6wjm.jpg

Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

Seems to be a buggy effect of the game. Fire and the evening-sun blind you but in the case of the fire, the complete screen turns dark. Just look in another direction and wait some seconds, then you get the normal "nightvision" again. Is there already a report at the bug tracker?

On a patch related note I've been experiencing these rather weird complete black screen crashes (not "you are dead / you are unconscious type black screens.) Everything just goes black and my character reportedly keeps moving until I exit the program and restart. This happened to one of our guys last night too... and another one of them before that. I've had it happen 2-3 times since .58. I'd never had one before .58 so I'm wondering if I'm not the only one?

I'll bug tracker it- tough to report, however, since I'm not exactly sure what's causing it. ANOTHER one of our guys said it might be a graphics driver crash but there's no error indicating this so I'm not sure. 

I've been having that problem for awhile as well.

I also have an issue when I alt tab out multiple times throughout the night, when I come back to the game, the graphics just turn to crap and runs very choppy until I exit the game and reload it.

This new? Never had it happen before.

Lit a fire at night, while i tabbed to grab my canteen, everything went black and the fire went to embers. it was a brand new fire that HAD flames. it was completely black, i couldn't find my way out of the barn i was in. i had to relog and even then it was only light enough to find the exit and as i walked out, everything went black again. total darkness. i had to run away from the barn for a second before the regular night time lighting was back and i could turn around to see the fire light coming out of the barn door.

I've seen this too... I think we were talking about it a few pages back on stable branch. Sounds like a known problem but probably worth voting for if you stumble into it in the bug tracker. Real PITA. Had the same thing happen in a church and believe me the church is no place for me to get lost in the dark. So many women... so little time!

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

Last 2 times I've made an improvised knife, my hands have glitched to where I couldn't hold anything. I can't remember if I pressed 'x' on my hands after making the knife or if it went directly to my inventory, I just know that after improvised knife was in my inventory, I couldn't hold anything. Dragging items over my hands would show the item in red and not allow me to hold. Got me killed last time. Dang it!

How do the vehicle spawn mechanics actually work as of patch 0.58? Does anybody know?

Is it just the 10 or so vehicles spawn at hive reset and that's it? Will they ever "respawn" and when? what about vehicles broken beyond repair? what about the ones that are flipped/stuck?

Any information on this is highly appreciated.

Yeah i wanna know this too, and also if dayzdb.com is showing proper truck spawn points.

How is it that Dayz knows exactly what you are looking for, and makes it ridiculously hard to find, and then when you are not looking for it, it's all over the place (almost). The other day I was finding lock picks galore and now that I want one... nada.

Although, looking for lock picks and found a pristine hunter backpack, so I guess it's not so bad  :D

Trust me, it's pure psychological. If you start paying attention it looks like an item is rare or is more rare because you are searching it. But in reality it's just as rare as before. :)

Fifty shades of black

A6JA9wI.png

black Mocassins, black pants,black vest

You haven't reached the blackness level which Dudester100 reached. :lol:

Just found a pristine banana. First one of those I have seen in a while!

This proves that the developers can change the loot table without having to push an update, impressive!

Well if I do run into you in game at the I won't bother asking "Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" since I already know it IS in fact a banana in your pocket and you probably won't be happy to see me. Mostly because you won't know it's me... but also because given the state of the game we'll probably either be shooting at one another or scared to death.

Post of the day. :lol:

What is the temperature, GPU load and memory usage? To see this download TechPowerUp GPU-Z and let it write the sensors to a file.

If it happens again post it here or PM it to me. Only the last 3 minutes please because it logs every second. :lol:

I've been getting a frozen screen crash. Can't alt tab out, have to turn computer off completely and reboot. Fairly new gaming laptop w/ GTX980 card. Kind of annoying, probably ASUS related though.

Same thing for you which I suggested in the above post. :lol: Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

Interesting that all of us talking about this crash are running upper end NVIDIA 9xx cards. Cold runs a 970 and I'm driving a 980 as well (on the computer I'm having the crashes on). I do know GPU-Z so I'll grab it and run it in the background... Unfortunately I won't be able to run it on the crashing computer for another week or so so it may not be pertinent. Anyone else having that issue though should definitely do that and see what comes up. 

I noticed I also have -dologs running on the computer I have now- but is that setting specific to a computer or does that setting apply across your entire steam profile for that game on multiple comps? 

Yeah i wanna know this too, and also if dayzdb.com is showing proper truck spawn points.

If you flipped a truck, shoot all of its tires except maybe the two central ones and it will get flipped at the restart. If you destroy it I dont know. Possibly just spawn in repaired again at the restart, thats how its been as far as I know.

You haven't reached the blackness level which Dudester100 reached. :lol:

I wanted to get a black raincoat and some black hat for ideal demonstration :p whats he wearing?

By the way, maybe its just me but I barely had any camp lag anymore at my little camps. Used to lagout horribly with a truck. And hotfix aint even live :O

That's been happening to me since the early .40s.  Never been able to figure out a common cause.

That's been happening to me since the early .40s.  Never been able to figure out a common cause.

You running an Nvidia card?

This started happening to me after my upgrade to Win10.  I've narrowed it down to issues with the Nvidia drivers for my GTX970.  I lose video, and my video recording crashes and will not recover without a reboot.  I have not reproduced the problem in any other graphic intensive games.

• Like 1

Im playing with a GTX 980 and Windows 7 - no problems at all.

Win10 might be really the reason for the crashes - my mates, who have already upgraded to Win10, also have problems with frozen screens.

This started happening to me after my upgrade to Win10.  I've narrowed it down to issues with the Nvidia drivers for my GTX970.  I lose video, and my video recording crashes and will not recover without a reboot.  I have not reproduced the problem in any other graphic intensive games.

Hmm I'm also using Windows 10. Also no freezing with other games.

Boooo. I kind of knew this would happen, but it still sucks just the same. Thanks for the heads-up, V!

• Like 2

Boooo. I kind of knew this would happen, but it still sucks just the same. Thanks for the heads-up, V!

i kinda didn't know this would happen because eugen said otherwise. still, i made some great experience on making camps, i should be OK :P