boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

You know I read these forums religiously and I still fail to understand why so many individuals, who each plays their own preferred style of game, insists on commenting on how other players should play or be made to play, encouraged or discouraged to play, the many "styles" available.

Part of the beauty (and ugliness) of this game is that each and every day, we bump into the weirdest shit, ugly, unfriendly, funny, warm and down right horrible, while making friends, killing strangers and experiencing the growing realism of each build.

I don't know enough about "real life" to dictate how it should be but I do enjoy life because I don't have to live it anyway but the way I choose. The "rules" we create in gaming are what limit us and I truly hope we can progress through DayZ with the only restrictions being that of the software limitations and not some arbitrary "design" forced upon us.

ps. I hope I never lose this genuine and unique enjoyment while playing such an original "game". 

It's about game design and balancing. Encouraging certain features versus others; something the devs don't do. Logic, if you want so. I'm sure you'll be a great cannibal. Enjoy your unbalanced game and "The life you chose..."

DAYZ DEV - oops i did it again (cover britney)
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah ...

i think i did it again
i made You belive
next patch will be great
oh baby baby 
it make seem like no Zed's

but it doesn't mean that i am serious

' Cause you lose all your patience

that is just so typically me

oh baby baby

ooops .... i did it again

i'am stoned when you wait

got lost in the game

oh baby baby

ooops! You think i'm in work

still wait for 0.59

i am not that innocent

You see my problem is this
i'm dreaming away

wishing that programmers, they truly exist

Your waiting, counting the days

Can't you see i am fool in some many ways ...?

and you now just wasting your time

oh baby baby

instead of playing dayz, instead of updating dayz, waiting for new Fallout .... i just hope 0.59 will be soon and really will be something ...

I see a lot of people worrying about how the game will eventually will turn out. You guys need to stop worrying, in the end the communities decide how their game will be.

The developers give us the foundation and the building stones but in the end we build the house the way we want.

With modding and the server options we can make the game how certain communities want. There will be server with a lot of PvP and there will be servers with a lot of PvE.

There will be also hybrid servers with both PvE and PvP.

The last option is the one how I would like to see the game. PvE and PvP balanced and people choose what they want to do. Maybe one time they will kill a survivor, maybe the other time they won´t.

The environment can help people with their choice. Will they take the risk of taking on a entire horde of infected or will they just move on or hide.

I've been wondering about the soft skills. Isn't it basically a bad idea to equal skinning humans and butchering deer? It just gives another incentive to kill a player, instead of interacting with him. I'd rather see a character get worse at some skills when he is a cannibal than getting rewarded for it.

I wonder if we could get an option for unlootable players. I know this basically makes the game PvE (though you can still shoot people, you just don't get any reward for it). The problem with PvE and PvP within the same game is that people will often go and loot on PvE and then return to fighting/camping on PvP players. And if you lock each server to a gametype you always have to start a new character and play parallel.

There seems to be no good solution, but for the moment I'd like to propose not encouraging any more PvP than is already in the game. It is more a curse than a blessing in DayZ. I really wonder what happened with the game, there probably should be much more sparcity and rifles should wear really quickly when used a lot. PvP is much too easy to get away with and make a winning, it should be more difficult to PvP and not give you even more/better softskills.

I will give the best solution: more infected in coastal cities and overall but mainly in the coastal cities.

If you shoot a gun and you get a freaking horde on your ass, next time before you shoot you will think twice.

If you make guns and/or ammo scarce there will be a better balance between PvE and PvP.

When you make the environment harder it makes PvE harder which is no surprise.

But keep in mind: the game doesn't let you decide if you want to PvE or PvP, it only can point you in a direction.

You are the person who needs to make the story of your character.

Can the guy that made the big steel trucks out of balsa wood make them a little tougher?

This game is fun but really, the shotty and the truck damage and the ak recoil is retarded.

Where is the common sense in this stuff.

I hope someday we can ask the guys parents that made these decisions

if they were dropped on their head at birth. Out of all the things I enjoy in the game

these few things baffle me. I paid my money, I get to ask questions.

How rude, I wonder why Boneboys hasn't banned you yet.

You paid money and get to ask questions? You paid money for an alpha game so hush it!

If you give criticism support your criticism with good arguments.

Please leave this forum and game. The game and the developers doesn't deserve people like you.

Yes, Realism. Then anyone breaking their bones or healing from gunshot wounds should takes months to recover. Players also shouldn't be burning through calories and eating so much in this game. My character has eaten more in a few hours playing this game than I have eaten on my hungriest Thanksgiving Dinner IRL. Who in the heck eats that much? Yeah, Realism...

Tell me, do you sprint or run constantly in real life? Running or sprinting burns calories which makes you hungry faster.

It isn't 100 % realistic but games shouldn't be 100 % realistic because it would take away the fun factor.

Edited by IMT

Do you really think the reason they take so much time to give us an update is because they intend to release a version that is "broken with a lot of bugs"?

:facepalm: no, no and no.

m4 currently is not rare at all. civilian weapons are, can and will be relatively common, Hicks has made clear various times that this is a fully intended state of "abundance". you should have a gun. whether and how much ammo you should have is a completely different quesstion tho. but this game is not exactly a melee simulator. at the core its a military simulator (or as you guys like to call it, loot&shoot) with survival sandbox elements.. and what does that mean? that the gameplay primarily revolves around firearms, exactly.

of course you can always expect changes of loot economy tho. nothing is finalized.

What the fuck are you talking about?

The focus on DayZ standalone lies on the survival aspect, devs made this clear numerous times.

I agree with you, guns are one of the most important parts of DayZ, but currently Devs are actually trying to give us more ways to play the game than just like a military simulator which it definitely isn't.

The first time since October 5th somthin changed in "experimental prep" branch ^^

I just finished my morning coffee, but this makes me feel like I had a double shot of espresso!

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

two times today *fingers crossed* But I think wednesday or friday IF it get released this week.

edit: closed Testserver 1 is up

01qbkxY.jpg

edit 2: 75 Players :D

Edited by imun
  • Like 6

mmmmhhh I took a look at the server and ping seems extremely swaying. It sways between 60 and 350... think thats not good bruddehs ^^

and BÄM

Edited by imun
  • Like 4

knldlrxmtqmokuakkgmz.jpg

EDIT: imun beat me to it but I'm still so happy!  :lol:

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 5

Experimental hype!

• Like 4

knldlrxmtqmokuakkgmz.jpg

EDIT: imun beat me to it but I'm still so happy!  :lol:

I just edited in the same minute... equal I would say :D

• Like 1

-snip-

You.......I like you. Stick around philbur. You belong here.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 3

It's only network optimizations and infected:

Still, can't wait for the infected! :D

• Like 4

Me either! I went cannibal over the weekend without zombies for Halloween :p

• Like 4

Bingo. Car variations are great additions. Infected are a core pillar of the game. Can't wait to have constant threats again!

• Like 2

I'll be there for the zombies test :) I really hope it's significant enough to be more exciting than .58 stable , but I guess anythings better than .58 haha !

• Like 1

Me either! I went cannibal over the weekend without zombies for Halloween :P

Would've been nice but they're only 2 days late. :P

Bingo. Car variations are great additions. Infected are a core pillar of the game. Can't wait to have constant threats again!

Yeah, I think I need to retrain myself now. Have been running through the middle of the streets, etc. while with infected I moved stealthy.

Basically, what today's update will be:

1. Network optimization

2. Zombies

3. Some new content: items, map changes, etc. (but not vehicles)

Hard to say exactly what we'll get in the way of content, but it's at least clear that we won't be seeing the new vehicles just yet.

• Like 2

1. Network optimization

2. Zombies

Hard to say exactly what we'll get in the way of content, but it's at least clear that we won't be seeing the new vehicles just yet.

Then it's up to us to find out, let the forum spam commence.

https://twitter.com/eugenharton/status/661220414346145792

1. Network optimization

2. Zombies

Maybe new player controller / animations sustem ? And maybe if that's in we get the new falling system that was showcased a while ago (guy falling off of firestation). Can't wait to see this full .59 hit exp, with all this content that was rushing through the flood gates these past few months I think we're all in for a treat . Hopefully this thanksgiving well be really ... Thankful :) !

• Like 1

Then it's up to us to find out, let the forum spam commence.

Experimental Crew assemble!

Maybe new player controller / animations sustem ? And maybe if that's in we get the new falling system that was showcased a while ago (guy falling off of firestation). Can't wait to see this full .59 hit exp, with all this content that was rushing through the flood gates these past few months I think we're all in for a treat . Hopefully this thanksgiving well be really ... Thankful :) !

I wouldn't be so sure about this particular part making it in just yet. The impression I've gotten lately from both Peter and Brian is that this isn't ready just yet, but I could be wrong.

• Like 5

I'm not hyped, i swear...

f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5!

Just opted to experimental and got a 2.2mb download, whats going on?

Edited by BrainlessZombie
  • Like 3

I don´t get it. Will there be a new experimental today for public or not?  :huh:

Edited by xCrankx