boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

i had a totally crazy experience at stable just now. i found a car at Staroye, drove it to stary sobor military tent's, server got offline somehow and not coming online. change the server and all of a sudden im back at staroye. Weird. i lost my stuff that i put inside the car.

Edited by VahidkinG

@TheV you are not alone. I saw that many Forums members are playing in DayZTV.com private 1person, maybe we could use this server as the "Forums Server"? Just an idea. What do you and the others think? I'm still at work, later I will look at the Forums again :-)

• Like 2

How's everyone finding the food spawn rates? Hicks mentioned that they'll initially have (When .58 was pushed to stable, that is) fairly abudant food spawns and they plan to lower it gradually until they reach a suitable level of food spawning... I'm just wondering if someone has noticed any change in the food spawn rates during .58 stable? I'm still finding way too much canned food, even on the coast. Keeping energized and hydrated is still a non-issue. Not once during .58 stable have I needed to hunt, forage or farm for food...

@TheV you are not alone. I saw that many Forums members are playing in DayZTV.com private 1person, maybe we could use this server as the "Forums Server"? Just an idea. What do you and the others think? I'm still at work, later I will look at the Forums again :-)

i like the idea of us having a server to play in, but i really hope it's a 3PP server, i'm not a first person fan   :blush:

How's everyone finding the food spawn rates? Hicks mentioned that they'll initially have (When .58 was pushed to stable, that is) fairly abudant food spawns and they plan to lower it gradually until they reach a suitable level of food spawning... I'm just wondering if someone has noticed any change in the food spawn rates during .58 stable? I'm still finding way too much canned food, even on the coast. Keeping energized and hydrated is still a non-issue. Not once during .58 stable have I needed to hunt, forage or farm for food...

I'd like to see food in relative abundance until they make it a little safer to eat meat from hunted animals. Or did they fix that already? 

Except I haven't seen an animal in a week and I think they're glitched into some hidden trough of water somewhere. Berries and apples do not a happy Eno make. Then again it's called DayZ not DayZney Land. 

Anyways... I remain excited for less food and less reliable water pumps. Giving someone something to do other than run from kill shot to kill shot will be a refreshing change. Not everyone will like it but judging from some of the garbage I've seen on youtube that's probably a good thing. 

• Like 1

i had a totally crazy experience at stable just now. i found a car at Staroye, drove it to stary sobor military tent's, server got offline somehow and not coming online. change the server and all of a sudden im back at staroye. Weird. i lost my stuff that i put inside the car.

That doesn't sound crazy.  Its been in the game for a few patches that if you drive in a vehicle your character's position will not be updated on the hive until you exit the vehicle.  This was a pain back when the servers were restarting very frequently - needed to get out of the truck every few towns or so or else you go back to the last place you were not in a truck.  You just got a case of bad fortune in timing I think.

This question was already asked several times here, can anyone help, please: what happens to vehicles with the persistence in 0.58? Are they capped at 15 per server? Yesterday I visited 40+ spawn points and failed to find a single one. Are they all in the woods serving as camps? 

i like the idea of us having a server to play in, but i really hope it's a 3PP server, i'm not a first person fan   :blush:

yes, that's ok for me. Also, it doesn't have to be a private server, public would work too. It's up to you guys, I'm just a little part of this giant survival machine :)

That doesn't sound crazy.  Its been in the game for a few patches that if you drive in a vehicle your character's position will not be updated on the hive until you exit the vehicle.  This was a pain back when the servers were restarting very frequently - needed to get out of the truck every few towns or so or else you go back to the last place you were not in a truck.  You just got a case of bad fortune in timing I think.

Oh okey then. i didn't experience it before somehow. thanks for mentioning it.

yes, that's ok for me. Also, it doesn't have to be a private server, public would work too. It's up to you guys, I'm just a little part of this giant survival machine  :)

we will discuss it in the steam group. 

This question was already asked several times here, can anyone help, please: what happens to vehicles with the persistence in 0.58? Are they capped at 15 per server? Yesterday I visited 40+ spawn points and failed to find a single one. Are they all in the woods serving as camps? 

The vehicles have static spawn points so everyone knows immediately where to go when there is a wipe. When the server restarts, they remain in the same location as they are currently in. They could be anywhere really .. at camps or crashed and abandoned.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 2

The vehicles have static spawn points so everyone knows immediately where to go when there is a wipe. 

That sound more like an effect rather than an explanation of why.  And by static you mean one of the 40 possibly spawn points, right?  I say this because in the last patch version the trucks were always in the same place every time they spawned.

When the server restarts, they remain in the same location as they are currently in. They could be anywhere really .. at camps or crashed and abandoned.

I can't recall, does wrecking the truck beyond repair cause it to despawn and reappear at one of the possible spawn points on the next server restart?

The vehicles have static spawn points so everyone knows immediately where to go when there is a wipe. When the server restarts, they remain in the same location as they are currently in. They could be anywhere really .. at camps or crashed and abandoned.

So there really is no spawn mechanics for them? I had no info about it but I was sure the devs are gonna fix the static points like they did with the helis. How is it then that people still managed to find vehicles weeks after the previous wipe?

Anyhow, thanks for the reply.

Farewell, improvised backpack-base. Ah, well. I suppose improvised caches weren't long for the world. Maybe something like them will make an appearance at some point. Now, I'm going to have to spend more time hunting a barrel.

• Like 2

Farewell, improvised backpack-base. Ah, well. I suppose improvised caches weren't long for the world. Maybe something like them will make an appearance at some point. Now, I'm going to have to spend more time hunting a barrel.

Wish they'd make tents harder to spot.  Right now, the're pretty worthless on anything but low pop/stash servers.

• Like 1

I can't recall, does wrecking the truck beyond repair cause it to despawn and reappear at one of the possible spawn points on the next server restart?

I don't believe so.. at least, not in my experience.  If you were to crash the truck, I think it only affects the wheels and gas tank.  If the server restarts, it will spawn the truck in that same spot with the wheels and gas tank fixed (and with a full tank of gas mind you).  

They've always been capped at 15 per server.

• Like 2

So there really is no spawn mechanics for them? I had no info about it but I was sure the devs are gonna fix the static points like they did with the helis. How is it then that people still managed to find vehicles weeks after the previous wipe?

Anyhow, thanks for the reply.

The vehicles do not have static spots, they however -do- spawn at the same spots when a server has been reset (storage and all).

• Like 2

That sound more like an effect rather than an explanation of why.  And by static you mean one of the 40 possibly spawn points, right?  I say this because in the last patch version the trucks were always in the same place every time they spawned.

Destroying the truck will cause a new one to spawn, yeah.

• Like 1

Destroying the truck will cause a new one to spawn, yeah.

What counts as "destroyed" for the purposes of getting the truck to respawn?

• Like 2

The vehicles do not have static spots, they however -do- spawn at the same spots when a server has been reset (storage and all).

Will they eventually despawn and respawn at a dynamic location like dynamic events?  Or will they stay at those same spots until someone nabs them?

What counts as "destroyed" for the purposes of getting the truck to respawn?

Destroying it.

Like - shooting/blowing it up until its destroyed.

Will they eventually despawn and respawn at a dynamic location like dynamic events?  Or will they stay at those same spots until someone nabs them?

They do.

• Like 5

Destroying it.

Like - shooting/blowing it up until its destroyed.

Oh. I guess I didn't realize you could literally destroy them. Thanks for the answer!

• Like 1