boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Is the constant hand shaking thing a bug?? I have no cold status and just stood by 2 fires until I got the 'my face is melting' and 'I'm rapidly' warming up messages... Went for a run... Ate and drank till stuffed and still got hand shaking??

Are you sure you didn't eat too many human steaks? Lol.

Anyone else finding clips for handguns in civilian locations? I'm trying to play as a civilian survivor, but all I find are guns and ammo. No clips...

Also, I thought car tents couldn't be locked. I came across one and used the open command, but nothing happened.

Do those apartment buildings actually spawn anything? Or are they a waste of time? I've yet to find anything in them.

I think the big ones that used to spawn civilian tents are mostly empty. I've been through some in Cherno and there was nothing there that's not more plentiful elsewhere. However, the small apartment houses are interesting, because one of those spawns all the civilian tents in one place. I was not able to find anything in the small apartment houses in Cherno (which is odd - it might have all been taken), but I do find tents everywhere else. Look for groups of 3 of these tenements/small apartement houses and in one of the three you will find loot and most likely - tents. 

• Like 1

I am happy to announce the nay sayers were completely off.  My new machine is so much better than my old klunky 2 year old HP AMD.  I have an Alienware 17 now and it kicks.  Graphics and FPS are so much better than my old machine I just can't begin measure it.   I am very happy.

• Like 7

What were the nay sayers, er, saying?

Arma and DayZ just chew through CPU cycles...

Glad to hear the slide show is over!

I noobie spawned inside a rock a couple of builds ago on the coast...was like really, wtf.  Never did get out.

I made the mistake of logging out on a rock and now I'm stuck inside it. Can I get out?

I made the mistake of logging out on a rock and now I'm stuck inside it. Can I get out?

Jog towards the side, disconnect your network until "no message received" exit game completely, reconnect network start game again. Had that with the green split level house, it took a few tries before it worked.  

I am happy to announce the nay sayers were completely off.  My new machine is so much better than my old klunky 2 year old HP AMD.  I have an Alienware 17 now and it kicks.  Graphics and FPS are so much better than my old machine I just can't begin measure it.   I am very happy.

Depends on what you're coming from I guess.  I built my own machine, and my 3dMark score on Firestrike is 9369 which is a little down from Win 8 (3dMark says better than 79%).  I run GTA V at max settings and average better than 60 FPS.  I play DayZ and can be running fine at 60+ with decent settings.  As soon as I enter a city, or town, i can drop anywhere in the single digits to low teens.  That should not bring a machine to it's knees, and if in battle, you stand no chance.

Everyone is in the same boat, raw horsepower is not the issue.

~snip~

As soon as I enter a city, or town, i can drop anywhere in the single digits to low teens.  That should not bring a machine to it's knees, and if in battle, you stand no chance.

• Like 1

Do those apartment buildings actually spawn anything? Or are they a waste of time? I've yet to find anything in them.

Tents  :)

• Like 1

I noobie spawned inside a rock a couple of builds ago on the coast...was like really, wtf.  Never did get out.

Wow, that stinks! Hopefully it won't happen again. :-) If it does... do what BCBasher said. It works great!

Jog towards the side, disconnect your network until "no message received" exit game completely, reconnect network start game again. Had that with the green split level house, it took a few tries before it worked.  

Thank you! This worked great! :-)

Do you any of you know if a V3S will keep its inventory during server maintenance? Actually, what all gets wiped during maintenance?

Edited by ShoobieStomper
  • Like 1

Depends on what you're coming from I guess.  I built my own machine, and my 3dMark score on Firestrike is 9369 which is a little down from Win 8 (3dMark says better than 79%).  I run GTA V at max settings and average better than 60 FPS.  I play DayZ and can be running fine at 60+ with decent settings.  As soon as I enter a city, or town, i can drop anywhere in the single digits to low teens.  That should not bring a machine to it's knees, and if in battle, you stand no chance.

At least I feel like I am a bit more evenly matched now, no longer stuttering through Sevrograd like a slow motion Bionic Man with an FPS of 2 or 1..

Hey guys today I found a AUG in the most unexpected place:

zsMkC5A.jpg?1

Also 2 mags, one full other empty. Its located in the middle of fucking nowhere tbh I don't even know where this is, but devlands is kinda close to it. Is that how the CLE is working? Does every place has a remote chance of spawning rare as fuck items? I find that rather interesting and a good idea, finally wandering in stupid ass places is paying off!

• Like 2

zsMkC5A.jpg?1

Also 2 mags, one full other empty. Its located in the middle of fucking nowhere tbh I don't even know where this is, but devlands is kinda close to it. Is that how the CLE is working? Does every place has a remote chance of spawning rare as fuck items? I find that rather interesting and a good idea, finally wandering in stupid ass places is paying off!

I know exactly where that is the second I layed eyes on the picture. This is near Sinistok, right next to the end of the map

My guess is that someone hid it there.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

I know exactly where that is the second I layed eyes on the picture. This is near Sinistok, right next to the end of the map

My guess is that someone hid it there.

Not sure about that... though I mean it's plausible. I think the random system allows for infinitesimally small chances of finding high speed gear in random areas. Chances are you just looked in the right spot.

• Like 2

Not sure about that... though I mean it's plausible. I think the random system allows for infinitesimally small chances of finding high speed gear in random areas. Chances are you just looked in the right spot.

Yeah you are right about that. The odd M4 or Steyr should spawn randomly in a ...random place. This is the first time I see it confirmed though. Anyone else found weapons in odd places? I haven't been playing much lately, but plan to get back in. 

The next problem is getting mags for it - without getting shot and losing the rifle ;)

I brought a barrel half way across the map to break down one of my camps then it got weird, it took 30 seconds to put the barrel down, another 30 to open the lid, then as soon as the lid was open all delay went away. 

Ate 5 pieces of carp and got sick again, eating more carp to get better.

• Like 1

Yeah you are right about that. The odd M4 or Steyr should spawn randomly in a ...random place. This is the first time I see it confirmed though. Anyone else found weapons in odd places? I haven't been playing much lately, but plan to get back in. 

The next problem is getting mags for it - without getting shot and losing the rifle ;)

I'm pretty sure it's not pertinent but I will say I did find a Druganov with scope inside a shed outside the police station in Berezino... In .57 though. Was that system implemented back then? Not sure- but I definitely found it where I wasn't expecting. 

I brought a barrel half way across the map to break down one of my camps then it got weird, it took 30 seconds to put the barrel down, another 30 to open the lid, then as soon as the lid was open all delay went away. 

Ate 5 pieces of carp and got sick again, eating more carp to get better.

We had a bit of a conversation about what you'd said about eating meat then charcoal... (that quote was closer to the end of the thread). Like I said "you're the guy" so I said it like that was just the way it was. But as we talked I realized that charcoal makes you throw up and this would likely nullify any health you got from meat. Instead of getting food poisoning you throw up- but it is kind of contraindicated.

Now with that said- there may be some specifics about the game world that don't work the same way- 

Have I misunderstood something? 

Out of all the rifles that can now recieve the hunting scope, I'm surprised this patch left out the Izh18 as an option. With the repeater at least needing the PU scope as well, are any more rifles with scope capability in the works?

I don't think it was someone who hid there as well, it was right at the entrance of that little barn with two mags under it, one full other empty. I guess if it was a player thing, it would be at least in the house nearby, or in a less obvious place I don't know. Maybe in a barrel or a tent, something well hidden in a bush you know

I saw and I though "NO WAY WHAT THE FUCK IS A M4 DOING HERE" then I got closer and it was a goddamn AUG holy shit, and it has even a silencer. I feel like the luckiest motherfucker on the game lmao, what are the odds...

Thats a great thing devs do I think, it does reward those who wander through the map. I mean, I had absolute 0 risk to get this weapon and ammo lol, I wasn't even looking for it, tbh I was pretty happy with my pump action shotgun. I do like how this loot system works, I bet that as time pass and people dry out military bases, these forgotten places will be even better with loot. I guess that's the next level to "exploit" the system, go to the middle of fucking nowhere where no one goes and you will find good loot, while military places are just filled with clothes and other bullshit, until the economy reb0lonces itself again.

Btw mates, I never used such weapon, how does the little ammo box for the AUG looks like??

Edited by Avant-Garde

Well... looks like player-made loot pukes are back again... I think I'll spend most of my solo time in private servers to avoid people who abuse this.

fdvblib.jpg

wmGvPtz.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think it was someone who hid there as well, it was right at the entrance of that little barn with two mags under it, one full other empty. I guess if it was a player thing, it would be at least in the house nearby, or in a less obvious place I don't know. Maybe in a barrel or a tent, something well hidden in a bush you know

I saw and I though "NO WAY WHAT THE FUCK IS A M4 DOING HERE" then I got closer and it was a goddamn AUG holy shit, and it has even a silencer. I feel like the luckiest motherfucker on the game lmao, what are the odds...

Thats a great thing devs do I think, it does reward those who wander through the map. I mean, I had absolute 0 risk to get this weapon and ammo lol, I wasn't even looking for it, tbh I was pretty happy with my pump action shotgun. I do like how this loot system works, I bet that as time pass and people dry out military bases, these forgotten places will be even better with loot. I guess that's the next level to "exploit" the system, go to the middle of fucking nowhere where no one goes and you will find good loot, while military places are just filled with clothes and other bullshit, until the economy reb0lonces itself again.

Btw mates, I never used such weapon, how does the little ammo box for the AUG looks like??

Based on the fact you found an AUG, with a NATO silencer attached and two mags (importantly, one that was empty) leads me to believe a player dropped it.

Guns don't spawn with attachments and clips always spawn full (at least AFAIK)

zsMkC5A.jpg?1

I would bet on a player dropping it. However, you are right, the idea of rare items also spawning in remote locations, albeit in low quantities, is great and I hope / think this will be implemented.

• Like 2

yep, they do spawn some loot - Found lots of bandages and some other stuff there, including tents.

• Like 1