boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

I have no clue why this is. Maybe some indexing issue in the loot database or sumthing. However, it keeps me from turning into a loot goblin at the moment :D

The Dev's indeed know about this issue, but it always helps to report it on the feedback tracker. Here is a tracker already placed that is in alignment with my issues below. Trucks more than anything seem to be the culprit if you bring them near you're base camp. Whether it be barrels, tents, bags or a combination of all three. Not until we brought a truck near did we have these issues. Prior to bringing this truck near our base camp, we moved our barrels to be at least 100m apart using a range finder and we could sort through them just fine. 

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27454

If you're seeing this same issue, vote this issue on the feedback tracker. 

Hmmm, we could actually use info on a couple more servers (ip + port) where the lootsplosions appear if anyone comes across any (only the lootsplosions at the military bases).

I found another. Don't know if it has been reported yet. 

Server name is :Radio Future, private hive, IP: 23.250.112.194:2502

The same officer's barrack that's been targeted for lootsplosions.

Can anyone confirm whether or not netting is spawning in this build? I've seen about 10 empty boats and two with loot, but neither boat that had items had netting.

The Dev's indeed know about this issue, but it always helps to report it on the feedback tracker. Here is a tracker already placed that is in alignment with my issues below. Trucks more than anything seem to be the culprit if you bring them near you're base camp. Whether it be barrels, tents, bags or a combination of all three. Not until we brought a truck near did we have these issues. Prior to bringing this truck near our base camp, we moved our barrels to be at least 100m apart using a range finder and we could sort through them just fine. 

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27454

If you're seeing this same issue, vote this issue on the feedback tracker. 

sounds legit, i have 4 barrels and 4 backpacks (all full with stuff in one tree) and have no issues.

will try to get an truck and test if there will be an problem for me to.

Can anyone confirm whether or not netting is spawning in this build? I've seen about 10 empty boats and two with loot, but neither boat that had items had netting.

found all nettings i need for full ghillie+hat+gunrap. 

i found 2 stacks of netting, one stack was on an dynamic boot east of electro and the second west of cherno.

found them on patchday, not looked for more since wednesday

EDIT: i found ca. 10 boats on my way from svetlo to kamenka, only two with nettings, rest all other stuff that spawns there

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 2

Yes i have found one a few days ago was my first netting i ever found but i never searched for it earlier.

2015_08_26_00028.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks @ wasnu & Crank. I've only searched between Svetlo - Berezino - Kamy as of now, so that clears it up. :)

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Server just restarted and no loot spawning... is this the norm now in this build?

Hmmm, we could actually use info on a couple more servers (ip + port) where the lootsplosions appear if anyone comes across any (only the lootsplosions at the military bases).

I'm assuming that whatever server it is would have to reset its loot table to apply any fixes that would take place or is a server restart sufficient to apply changes?

Server just restarted and no loot spawning... is this the norm now in this build?

yup, server restart is only for performance, loot spawns without restart on the fly 

• Like 1

To color an item you need Garden lime, leather clothes and some color.

Make sure you have enough Garden lime and color.

Beige = Birch Bark

Brown = Oak Bark

Black = Nails

I hope this helps you in coloring your item.

Thanks about the crashsite, haven't checked it yet may do this later.

Good, I have visited a lot of tents but not that much barracks. I will certainly check the old barracks out. Thanks for the tip.

Thank you so much. I guess that explains it, must have used birch bark by accident.

I suppose birch is the more common tree?

• Like 1

Have to say, the lack of zombies is fast becoming a serious issue for me.

All that's happened in this patch is that the shooting has been moved from Cherno/Electro to the NWAF and everywhere else is devoid of life. Undead or otherwise. Meaning the only real threat to a players existence are the douchebags that shoot for no reason other than to do so.

• Like 1

Have to say, the lack of zombies is fast becoming a serious issue for me.

All that's happened in this patch is that the shooting has been moved from Cherno/Electro to the NWAF and everywhere else is devoid of life. Undead or otherwise. Meaning the only real threat to a players existence are the douchebags that shoot for no reason other than to do so.

I found two this morning in Novo and was so happy, mashing F12, I even let them punch me around a bit. 

FmBsjwn.jpg

CGlstrs.jpg

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 6

Is that up near Novo?

That's where I saw my one and only zombie a couple of nights ago. Dear old girl.

Not a peep since.

Actually, now that I look at you screenshot closer, I can say that that's exactly where I saw my one and only zombie, beside that Humvee.

Except I'd rather watch paint dry than forage for apples.

Tell me about it.

I've spent the last 30 minutes looking for apples.

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

I have not found a thing

oh fuck off...

• Like 4

Has anyone noticed that relogging seems to fix the camp/lag issue.  But, if you wander too far away from camp, you'll have to relog again when you return.  Why would that be the case in either event?

Noticed that at my very small bag camps as well, logged in near one and though oh cool they fixed this, ran across the map and at the other even smaller one I couldn't do anything with my inventory and even got a lost session.

Pretty sure I ran past someone else's in the middle of my trip, trying to eat and drink was extremely delayed.

Got food poisoning again from fish, didn't force vomiting again and it took near 3 hours for my blood/coulur t come back not even healthy yet. Does vomiting speed anything up with the recovery, I know with an infection it makes things worse.

• Like 1

We were going to ask you about the situation with cooked meat right now- sounds like there are still occasions where you get sick. We're wanting to do a bit of a hunting expedition right now but if we can't eat what we kill it takes a lot of the fun out of it. 

Fastest way I've come out of being ill like that was an IV Saline... 

Is it (sick on cooked meat) still relatively random? Any connection with the amount of time the meat spends in your bag? 

Is the sickness related at all to cooking meat on a stick? Reason I ask is the cooked meat / sickness issue seemed to come around once you could cook on a stick. I wonder if the game isn't registering the mechanic of being cooked on the stick and though the graphic SAYS it's cooked... maybe the trigger doesn't register. 

We agreed last night you were THE guy to talk to that's why I'm asking. I don't mind dabbling in it but I thought you may already have some hypothesis. 

Got food poisoning again from fish, didn't force vomiting again and it took near 3 hours for my blood/coulur t come back not even healthy yet. Does vomiting speed anything up with the recovery, I know with an infection it makes things worse.

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

ate to much pumpins two days ago and my toon got sick and vommit.

since this day, i am not sick (sick state was only for few seconds), but with all status bars bright green, i dont got "healing" or healthy status.

my vision and all is good as healthy but it don´t shows "healing" in my stats.

after two days i think its an bug.

will test it some more days and then report it.

We were going to ask you about the situation with cooked meat right now- sounds like there are still occasions where you get sick. We're wanting to do a bit of a hunting expedition right now but if we can't eat what we kill it takes a lot of the fun out of it. 

Is it (sick on cooked meat) still relatively random? Any connection with the amount of time the meat spends in your bag? 

Is the sickness related at all to cooking meat on a stick? Reason I ask is the cooked meat / sickness issue seemed to come around once you could cook on a stick. I wonder if the game isn't registering the mechanic of being cooked on the stick and though the graphic SAYS it's cooked... maybe the trigger doesn't register. 

We agreed last night you were THE guy to talk to that's why I'm asking. I don't mind dabbling in it but I thought you may already have some hypothesis. 

its an known bug and stated in the status report. cooked meat all sorts has a chance to make you sick.

if you go hunting, take some charcoal tablets in your bag and you will be save, its "easy" to cure.

the radom sickness happens with cooking on sticks, in pots or pans (don´t know if they work this time)

Seems random, my only experience is carp in stable but considering my 2 characters have been living off it and eaten maybe 50 or more fillets it's about 4% chance so far.

The one that got me last night was just caught and stick cooked, the previous one would have been in my bag for awhile also stick cooked and force fed to my other account's character so I don't think there's any correlation with it going bad.

Carp still says raw even when it's cooked, mackerel doesn't specify before or after.

Saw my first deer in stable stuck in a pond just as the server restarted so I didn't get to try that but did notice right before exp ended you can kill and harvest stuck deer now, they used to go poof like popping a balloon early on if their AI got stuck.

I like being able to avoid towns so I'm just going to keep doing it, hell I just kept eating carp to get through getting sick from the carp and aside from 2 extra drink breaks and seeing in black and white it didn't hamper last nights "mission" at all.

Would lie to try some red meat now and see how that goes.

• Like 2

ate to much pumpins two days ago and my toon got sick and vommit.

since this day, i am not sick (sick state was only for few seconds), but with all status bars bright green, i dont got "healing" or healthy status.

my vision and all is good as healthy but it don´t shows "healing" in my stats.

after two days i think its an bug.

will test it some more days and then report it.

Remove your shoes and hurt your feet, had that twice in exp. If it's stuck when you put your shoes back on it'll bump to healing then right to healthy. 

• Like 3

Remove your shoes and hurt your feet, had that twice in exp. If it's stuck when you put your shoes back on it'll bump to healing then right to healthy. 

i think i tried that but could be my age, will try it tomorrow, thanks a lot

Can confirm. Have had to do that once or twice a day for the past few. I've been getting hurt and/or dying somewhat more frequently lately. Oddly enough, not because of fights.

Once I accidentally ate too much pumpkin and vomited...apparently, I vomited blood because I was no longer healthy. Happened again that healthy status would not pop when I died and respawned. I had jumped of the roof of an apt building because a car tent spawned up there and it was the only way to get it down. You can't throw those off like the civ tent. Anyway, when I was a fresh spawn, I couldn't get healthy so I had to take off my shoes, walk a step, and put em back on. Works every time.

Edited by ColdAtrophy