boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

*snip*

By the way eating cooked meat might get you sick so better have some charcoal tabs ready.

Fish too it seems, was doing some messing around with blood transfusions playing two computers at a time and the kids character had a long bout of sick seemingly from eating fish to recover from the blood loss. I didn't force vomiting just kept feeding and hydrating and made a full recovery in a couple hours. I transfused the blood I took initially back during the worst of the blood loss from the sickness itself which I'm sure helped, didn't get colour back until I moved after the transfusion.  

• Like 1

At least the barrel is working now, for the last week or so of exp you couldn't tan leather at all because they got rid of the old way a the barrel was broken until stable.

Yeah I was kind of expecting to eventually try tanning and find it still broken.

• Like 1

Wobo mentions this in his latest tipp video on .58: You have to have the weapon on your back and nothing in your hand, then double click the handguard.

Cheers lad, that worked.

Good Evening and apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't see it.

Has anyone had any luck hunting animals since .58 stable came along?  I've had some success recently in both .57 stable and .58 exp but since .58 stable came out I've not seen a single animal.

My main aim at the moment is to craft gear and a lack of hides is causing me problems.  For what it's worth I'm currently searching the mid west section of the map.

Thanks.

I saw about 5 or 6 cows east of Serverograd today. It look so cool I stopped for a while just to look. Then on of the cows looked up and they all ran off.

Then near Novaya petrovka I saw 2 dears run across my path.

• Like 1

I saw about 5 or 6 cows east of Serverograd today. It look so cool I stopped for a while just to look. Then on of the cows looked up and they all ran off.

Then near Novaya petrovka I saw 2 dears run across my path.

I just saw a stag swimming in Topolka dam about 5mins ago.

Yeah I was kind of expecting to eventually try tanning and find it still broken.

It does work tho and as I confirmed even before Wobos video ( :P) it yields twice the tanned leather now. Coloring seems bugged tho. I dont get why you would use nails anyway? dafuq? how does that make sense? according to wiki it was tree bark which I tried for the leather sack, didnt work. Gotta try it out with nails again I guess.

Edited by jayfkay

Oh DayZ, you almost gave me a heart attack.

Went to the airfield and luckily found my last piece of my M4A1 a worn RIS (the other one was damaged). Went there in the first place to find a Smersh vest by the way.

After I swooped the tents real quick I quickly made my way out of there. I didn't know I took the wrong way and ended up at the jailhouse with the water pump and thought what the heck, now I can hydrate myself.

Found a can of black spraypaint in one of the sheds there. Painted the handguard and buttstock black and then the M4A1. And boom, gone was everything except for my mag and my handguard.

I did have some spare parts back at the camp and with me but my first action was relogging. After I relogged I noticed everything was back. However I lost the bipod but that is not a big problem.

Now my M4A1 is ready and just need the proper clothing and than my G.I. Joe character is done. :lol:

By the way while we're on the subject of the Smersh vest, has anyone seen one? I'm having a hard time finding them and checked multiple tents.

If anyone has an idea where they spawn it would be highly appreciated if you could tell me. :)

Oh and removing an handguard with the weapon on the ground is not possible, myth busted. ;)

Does this apply to the AK series as well? Been struggling to get anything attached to it (74 or 74U)- in particular handguards / scopes. Silencer is okay. I know that was a bug for awhile... not sure if it's been fixed?

It works this way with M4A1 and MP5k so my guess is yes.

Have your tried as I described it?

Fish too it seems, was doing some messing around with blood transfusions playing two computers at a time and the kids character had a long bout of sick seemingly from eating fish to recover from the blood loss. I didn't force vomiting just kept feeding and hydrating and made a full recovery in a couple hours. I transfused the blood I took initially back during the worst of the blood loss from the sickness itself which I'm sure helped, didn't get colour back until I moved after the transfusion.

I think all the meat makes you sick or there is a chance it makes you sick.

It is a known bug which was announced in the status report. It was a bug I reported in Experimental and the status was fixed but apparently they haven't fixed it correctly (yet).

Doesn't matter, it's nice they warned us because if I'm going to eat cooked meat I'm going to have some charcoal tabs ready. :)

It does work tho and as I confirmed even before Wobos video ( :P) it yields twice the tanned leather now. Coloring seems bugged tho. I dont get why you would use nails anyway? dafuq? how does that make sense? according to wiki it was tree bark which I tried for the leather sack, didnt work. Gotta try it out with nails again I guess.

If I have time tommorow I will check the game files. I could exactly see which items were needed and what an item exactly does. Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

If I have time tommorow I will check the game files. I could exactly see which items were needed and what an item exactly does.

Would be awesome! As I said, I already tried with tree bark as described in the wiki: Gave me the option to color the leather sack, but didnt actually work, just consumed the bark. Then wobo released his video of him successfully coloring his hat black and his pants brown (and something else, the leather water bag I believe) with nails, which kind of confuses me.

Anyone here able explain how bark or nails would be able to color leather black or brown?

By the way, the smersh vest should be exclusive to helicopter crashsites.

• Like 1

It works this way with M4A1 and MP5k so my guess is yes.

Have your tried as I described it?

I haven't had a chance... but I'll report back when I can if someone else hasn't confirmed either way. 

• Like 1

I have been playing on private hives, oldschool/monster gaming and some others, and weapons seems to not be respawning. Me and my friends even split up to cover more towns and found no weapons ...  and yes we went way up north.

After server restart during the night(i assume) on monster gaming, a lot of weapons respawned but then later during the day weapons started to get rare again. 

Does this occur on public servers also? Or can you guys say some good servers(50 pop) where this havent occur yet... cuz this ruined our gameplay this weekend.

Edited by Biao

By the way while we're on the subject of the Smersh vest, has anyone seen one? I'm having a hard time finding them and checked multiple tents.

If anyone has an idea where they spawn it would be highly appreciated if you could tell me. :)

Affirmative.

In the old barracks, at the Kamensk military base.

• Like 2

After server restart during the night(i assume) on monster gaming, a lot of weapons respawned but then later during the day weapons started to get rare again.

If the CLE is functioning correctly, server restarts have no effect.

For each item, weapons included, there is a maximum permitted quantity and a minimum permitted quantity. As a particular type of item is collected by players, the supply gradually depletes, until the minimum quantity is reached. At that point, the CLE starts spawning that type of item again.

Ah. Well well.. that actually changes things. The spawnrate must be extremely low or they have been recently added (remember how they can do that now without patching?) then, because thats a first for me and I have pretty much been at the airfield nonstop since 1 month (experimental as well).

Yes, and that's what I was afraid of. Because during all the 5 weeks or so of 0.58 experimental, I hadn't seen an M4, nor did I heard/read reports from either close friends I play with, or even the nice experimental community that was created throughout the various builds.

Extremely low is pretty accurate I would say.

Would be awesome! As I said, I already tried with tree bark as described in the wiki: Gave me the option to color the leather sack, but didnt actually work, just consumed the bark. Then wobo released his video of him successfully coloring his hat black and his pants brown (and something else, the leather water bag I believe) with nails, which kind of confuses me.

Anyone here able explain how bark or nails would be able to color leather black or brown?

By the way, the smersh vest should be exclusive to helicopter crashsites.

To color an item you need Garden lime, leather clothes and some color.

Make sure you have enough Garden lime and color.

Beige = Birch Bark

Brown = Oak Bark

Black = Nails

I hope this helps you in coloring your item.

Thanks about the crashsite, haven't checked it yet may do this later.

Affirmative.

In the old barracks, at the Kamensk military base.

Good, I have visited a lot of tents but not that much barracks. I will certainly check the old barracks out. Thanks for the tip.
  • Like 2

Notes so far...

- 8 hours in, heard then saw one zombie in industrial area south of Novo at night with a lit flare in hand. It actually frightened me since I thought they were removed.

- The Blaze snaploader is back in and working. It still uses the 2 reaches in pocket animation making it useless.

- All snaploaders, stripper clips, etc. are pointless. Any internally multi-chambered, or internal magazine, gun can have a pseudo-loader created by left click dragging the ammo off the gun instead of it ejecting like it should.

- While I like the hunger and hydration depletion rates are much slower now, the food isn't nearly rare enough. You should have to grow or search to supplement the canned/boxed goods.

- It still seems to be the case as the last patch that it is way easier to find military guns and ammo, and not civilian ones.

Edited by E.J.

Thanks for all the info that you guys sent across regarding the lootsplosions! The team is having a look at the different building types where the lootsplosions have been observed so that it can get fixed.

• Like 7

Notes so far...

- 8 hours in, heard then saw one zombie in industrial area south of Novo at night with a lit flare in hand. It actually frightened me since I thought they were removed.

- The Blaze snaploader is back in and working. It still uses the 2 reaches in pocket animation making it useless.

- All snaploaders, stripper clips, etc. are pointless. Any internally chambered gun can have a seudo-loader created by left click dragging the ammo off the gun instead of it ejecting like it should.

- While I like the hunger and hydration depletion rates are much slower now, the food isn't nearly rare enough. You should have to grow or search to supplement the canned/boxed goods.

- It still seems to be the case as the last patch that it is way easier to find military guns and ammo, and not civilian ones.

I'm pretty confident the devs will adress the points you remarked, since many think there is too much canned food and weapons floating around these days. Let's wait how 0.59 experimental will look like (new vehicles anyone?) :)

I found out that you don't even need to look for food or even water. Apples are extremely easy to obtain and very nutritious.

Except I'd rather watch paint dry than forage for apples.

• Like 1

Removing the hand guard and putting it in your hand does work for painting but then it disappears or at least looks like it does. It goes into an inventory slot- assuming you have one otherwise I guess it would go on the ground. Might be coincidence but I painted my ak and the attachments disappeared as we know happens- but I painted mags afterwards and THEN logged to get my attachments back and it kicked the other two guys I was playing with (only other two in the server). Not sure if it crashed the server or just kicked them but I'll see if I can get the log.

I have found a M4A1 yesterday but it was damaged

and in the wrong place so i think someone put it there maybe?!

2015_08_29_00011.jpg

There's a strong likelyhood that was once my M4 :) Left one that was damaged exact same place..

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed that relogging seems to fix the camp/lag issue.  But, if you wander too far away from camp, you'll have to relog again when you return.  Why would that be the case in either event?

Edited by Thurman Merman

Hmmm, we could actually use info on a couple more servers (ip + port) where the lootsplosions appear if anyone comes across any (only the lootsplosions at the military bases).

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed that relogging seems to fix the camp/lag issue.  Nut, if you wander too far away from camp, you'll have to relog again when you return.  Why would that be the case in either event?

Yes I have noticed it but continue to struggle with sorting my items after being in the game for a bit. Item moving is incredibly slow and/or it doesn't move at all until I log out and back in. I am also getting "session lost" if I stand still for too long next to some of my barrels. I have them all separated about 150m apart which seemed to help on Friday, however yesterday when I played it was back to the same issues and its become so bad I can't really play on my server when I'm around my own mini-camp. I've had to switch to another server, walk out of the area my camp is in, log out and back into my server so I can play again :( 

Frustrating to even attempt to collect gear at this moment until this issue is resolved.

• Like 1

Yes I have noticed it but continue to struggle with sorting my items after being in the game for a bit. Item moving is incredibly slow and/or it doesn't move at all until I log out and back in. I am also getting "session lost" if I stand still for too long next to some of my barrels. I have them all separated about 150m apart which seemed to help on Friday, however yesterday when I played it was back to the same issues and its become so bad I can't really play on my server when I'm around my own mini-camp. I've had to switch to another server, walk out of the area my camp is in, log out and back into my server so I can play again :(

Frustrating to even attempt to collect gear at this moment until this issue is resolved.

I have no clue why this is. Maybe some indexing issue in the loot database or sumthing. However, it keeps me from turning into a loot goblin at the moment :D