boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Anyone finding burlap sacks? If so where, :)

in all sort of sheds

5ka2j6y6.jpg

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

Yeah I knew about that, but sometime since Wednesday (wanna say it was yesterday actually) I saw a reply to a tweet from from some random person by Hicks where he said that stuff that players hoard is part of the calculation right now. It must be that way, otherwise how could they control the number of SVDs on a server, right? I'm digging right now to try to find it per IMT's request.

EDIT: It may be that it wasn't from Hicks but from Eugen or @DayZdevteam. I know I didn't imagine it, but I can't seem to find it right this second. It could be that the tweet was recognized as inaccurate by whoever it was that posted it and it was deleted. If that's the case, then we could search forever and only maybe possibly find it cached by someone. Maybe @Hicks_206 could read this and chime in perhaps?

I asked this question of Brian at RTX and he stated that currently it is counting against the CLE, but it will not in the future.  My context was, what happens when a fully loaded out clan comes on to a public server?  Does every weapon disappear because they just brought in their own aresnal? And how is that fair if you can't gear up to compete?  So, when it will no longer count, I don't know, but the intent is for camps and personal gear to not count against the CLE.

• Like 4

As promised, here are the screenshots of the holy gun.

The last screenshot is how it actually is at the moment.

Currently it has MP buttstock, RIS handguard with bipod and flashlight, 3 STANAG coupled mag's, NATO supressor, ACOG and RV1.

And yes my character is a female, spawned in this way somehow.

Qnm86Cv.jpg

GJAqrvM.jpg

yovTb9G.jpg

lCPWD5N.jpg

HnyV2az.jpg

Fd3sFDl.jpg

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

in all sort of sheds

5ka2j6y6.jpg

As sods law dictates soon after posting I found 2

Nope, not the wrong place. Both the new enter-able long barrack, and the officers barracks share the same loot tables. There's less exploits of lootsplosions in the long ones, but chances are still pretty good to find one there! Just need a weapon cleaning kit and you're good!  :thumbsup:

Why spread wrong information? tahts just not true. Someone found the m4 in the officer barracks seen right in front of him in the screenshot and put it there in the open bunkbed barracks for someone else to pick it up.

How does the CLE treat v3s's? Ones on their sides and/or broken down?

In my recent experience I was driving a truck near the edge of the map, in hopes of finding a nice hiding spot for it, drove into a small ditch that I the truck should have easily navigated but it glitched out, all the tires blew and I was dead in the water. Well I ended up making a camp nearby and the next day, I'm sure after a server restart, the truck had moved about 100 meters out of the ditch but yet still had multiple ruined tires. Fast forward to today and it moved again, this time a couple hundred meters, but now it was back to normal and drive-able!

So the truck was wrecked but upright in a glitched spot and it took two days to get back to good.

Still way too much food and guns, the tent cities spawn all kinds of ammo, it's ridiculous by now.

I thought the CLE could be changed in an instant now? Loot is still soooo vast.

Not what I'm experiencing in private shard servers when I log in at night. 

In private shard servers that I play on, I've never had any trouble finding food and water. Food is everywhere, but ammo and weapons and pretty much everything else is nowhere in sight. Even items like clothing, backpacks, and other items you can interact with are scarce.

It's like I'm surviving without a problem, but...to what end? Why? For what purpose?

• Like 1

Why spread wrong information? tahts just not true. Someone found the m4 in the officer barracks seen right in front of him in the screenshot and put it there in the open bunkbed barracks for someone else to pick it up.

That might have been the case, but both can spawn the same items right now. (Unless someone hacked into a passworded private server with no one else and did the same thing where I found one...  <_<  ) 

Why think that only the info you have is the right one?   :rolleyes:

I did some experimenting with item cleanup respawning: I went on the Dayztv private server to the area north east of Krasnoe and tried to following actions (I monitored the area and nobody else was in the area during the test):

• Pick up item and drop it outside of the house/feeding stand: After 30 min the items are cleaned up, was waiting roughly 20m from item
  • Pickup item and drop it inside the house: Item cleaned up after 30 min
  • Directly swap item with another item: Item does not get cleaned up within 30min
  • Directly drag spawned items in a press vest that also spawned at this location without picking the vest up: Vest+items was not cleaned up after 30min
  • Do not pick up loot: It is still here after 30min

I emptied the barn and a few minutes later new items appeared - but less than I picked up. The feeding shack did not spawn anything new. During another test the feeding shack did respawn items within minutes. So the picked up items respawn but the location is random.

• Like 3

That might have been the case, but both can spawn the same items right now. (Unless someone hacked into a passworded private server with no one else and did the same thing where I found one...  <_<  ) 

Why think that only the info you have is the right one?   :rolleyes:

With noone else? You play on a 0 people server? Because if not, someone else did it. Why I think I have the right info? Because I fucking play the game ALL THE TIME.

With noone else? You play on a 0 people server? Because if not, someone else did it. Why I think I have the right info? Because I fucking play the game ALL THE TIME.

The other 2 players on the said server were with me, and one was the server's owner. Fresh server, no one had been on it before. For testing purposes, this is the best way: having a controlled environment. 

Note that we never found either an M4 or an AUG in the officers barracks (Either the 2 at NWAF, or the single Myshkino tents one.) but we know they can spawn there, as previously reported by other players.

I did some experimenting with item cleanup respawning: I went on the Dayztv private server to the area north east of Krasnoe and tried to following actions (I monitored the area and nobody else was in the area during the test):

• Pick up item and drop it outside of the house/feeding stand: After 30 min the items are cleaned up, was waiting roughly 20m from item
  • Pickup item and drop it inside the house: Item cleaned up after 30 min
  • Directly swap item with another item: Item does not get cleaned up within 30min
  • Directly drag spawned items in a press vest that also spawned at this location without picking the vest up: Vest+items was not cleaned up after 30min
  • Do not pick up loot: It is still here after 30min

I emptied the barn and a few minutes later new items appeared - but less than I picked up. The feeding shack did not spawn anything new. During another test the feeding shack did respawn items within minutes. So the picked up items respawn but the location is random.

Very similar to what I was seeing in Tulga on the same server.

Did you notice items with a quantity or a percentage don't seem to degrade or or get cleaned up though?

Did you notice other items degrade in condition at all before despawning?

The only items I'm noticing degrade over time is rifle optics in deer stands.

• Like 2

Don't know if this has been reported yet, but is anyone else having trouble changing items on the MP5?

I simply cannot change out the silencer or the handgrip. I tried substituting the handgrip for the railgrip, but it won't swap. Ditto when I right click either the gun or the item I want to change. I only get an "inspect" option.

Good Evening and apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't see it.

Has anyone had any luck hunting animals since .58 stable came along?  I've had some success recently in both .57 stable and .58 exp but since .58 stable came out I've not seen a single animal.

My main aim at the moment is to craft gear and a lack of hides is causing me problems.  For what it's worth I'm currently searching the mid west section of the map.

Thanks.

TO: BRIAN HICKS

PLEASE.... FIX THE BLOODY TENTS!!!!

are u trolling by releasing persistence and then going ahead and making it nearly impossible to create a base.???? HOW DO U GUYS MISS SOMETHING LIKE THIS??

all anyone could talk about was bases and hoarding in exp AND U BROKE IT BRINGING IT TO STABLE!!!!

WAITING ON HOTFIX TILL THEN....  h1z1 time!

0.58 = OVER-RATED

Good Evening and apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't see it.

Has anyone had any luck hunting animals since .58 stable came along?  I've had some success recently in both .57 stable and .58 exp but since .58 stable came out I've not seen a single animal.

My main aim at the moment is to craft gear and a lack of hides is causing me problems.  For what it's worth I'm currently searching the mid west section of the map.

Thanks.

If it's anything like exp do something else like go heli hunting and you'll bump into them when you least expect it. The only place saw animals twice was just north west of Zelenogorsk military base. They're roaming and/or getting spooked long distances from their spawns and have been seen literally anywhere now not just the go to this area for a boar or go to Berizino for a cow like they used to.

• Like 1

The other 2 players on the said server were with me, and one was the server's owner. Fresh server, no one had been on it before. For testing purposes, this is the best way: having a controlled environment. 

Note that we never found either an M4 or an AUG in the officers barracks (Either the 2 at NWAF, or the single Myshkino tents one.) but we know they can spawn there, as previously reported by other players.

Ah. Well well.. that actually changes things. The spawnrate must be extremely low or they have been recently added (remember how they can do that now without patching?) then, because thats a first for me and I have pretty much been at the airfield nonstop since 1 month (experimental as well).

• Like 1

Very similar to what I was seeing in Tulga on the same server.

Did you notice items with a quantity or a percentage don't seem to degrade or or get cleaned up though?

Did you notice other items degrade in condition at all before despawning?

The only items I'm noticing degrade over time is rifle optics in deer stands.

Most of the items I tested were cloths/shoes and when I started the test they already had the state "damaged". I checked the items several times before they got cleaned up and they always remained "damaged".

I will repeat the test with items that have a percentage.

While I was writing my last post the feeding shack spawned two PU scopes, by the time I check the shack again they where damaged - but only a couple of minutes passed between spawning in and my next check. So either the scopes degenerate really fast or also spawn as damaged.

So there are open questions and mysteries to be solved - on to more testing until we can finally play with .59 exp :D

Thanks.

I have not seen any animals since .58 hit stable but I found a tent today that had cow steaks in it - so there are animals. 

• Like 1

If it's anything like exp do something else like go heli hunting and you'll bump into them when you least expect it. The only place saw animals twice was just north west of Zelenogorsk military base. They're roaming and/or getting spooked long distances from their spawns and have been seen literally anywhere now not just the go to this area for a boar or go to Berizino for a cow like they used to.

Cheers mate, yeah I took out a herd of cows a few days ago and was miffed to discover that I now needed a barrel.  I've got barrels and lime now so typically am not finding any animals.  I'm hoping to avoid walking back to Msta/Berezino if I can help it.

I might go fishing, I'll probably get killed by a stampede!

Most of the items I tested were cloths/shoes and when I started the test they already had the state "damaged". I checked the items several times before they got cleaned up and they always remained "damaged".

I will repeat the test with items that have a percentage.

While I was writing my last post the feeding shack spawned two PU scopes, by the time I check the shack again they where damaged - but only a couple of minutes passed between spawning in and my next check. So either the scopes degenerate really fast or also spawn as damaged.

So there are open questions and mysteries to be solved - on to more testing until we can finally play with .59 exp :D

I have not seen any animals since .58 hit stable but I found a tent today that had cow steaks in it - so there are animals.

I appreciate your testing, it seems the cleaning up procedure is working as intended.

Try some Garden lime, last time I remembered it was persistent longer than other items. The same goes for teddy bear's and a bunch of other items.

However this was back in 0.55 with the loot explosions when you could clean a place out and new loot would spawn in. It was a great test to see what was persistent and what not.

Cheers mate, yeah I took out a herd of cows a few days ago and was miffed to discover that I now needed a barrel.  I've got barrels and lime now so typically am not finding any animals.  I'm hoping to avoid walking back to Msta/Berezino if I can help it.

I hope you don't call this fishing:

By the way eating cooked meat might get you sick so better have some charcoal tabs ready.

Edited by IMT

Don't know if this has been reported yet, but is anyone else having trouble changing items on the MP5?

I simply cannot change out the silencer or the handgrip. I tried substituting the handgrip for the railgrip, but it won't swap. Ditto when I right click either the gun or the item I want to change. I only get an "inspect" option.

Wobo mentions this in his latest tipp video on .58: You have to have the weapon on your back and nothing in your hand, then double click the handguard.

• Like 2

Wobo mentions this in his latest tipp video on .58: You have to have the weapon on your back and nothing in your hand, then double click the handguard.

I mentioned this before in this thread as well. Put the weapon on your back double click the handguard and throw it in a free inventory slot. Now you can throw the new handguard on the weapon and you're ready to go.

I haven't tried putting a weapon on the ground and double clicking the handguard, this might work as well. Maybe somebody can test it, for science? :D

• Like 2

At least the barrel is working now, for the last week or so of exp you couldn't tan leather at all because they got rid of the old way a the barrel was broken until stable.

I mentioned this before in this thread as well. Put the weapon on your back double click the handguard and throw it in a free inventory slot. Now you can throw the new handguard on the weapon and you're ready to go.

I haven't tried putting a weapon on the ground and double clicking the handguard, this might work as well. Maybe somebody can test it, for science? :D

Does this apply to the AK series as well? Been struggling to get anything attached to it (74 or 74U)- in particular handguards / scopes. Silencer  is okay. I know that was a bug for awhile... not sure if it's been fixed?