boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Holy smokes, camp got ridiculously bad lag, almost couldn't clean it out, kept getting Session lost. Finally moved enough improvised backpacks, one SPOSN and a few weapons on the ground far enough away from camp that I can now access the barrels without lag. Was feeling pretty happy with that achievement.... and then got Session lost again, while far from camp.  :(

This is really cramping my hording style. Also, I can't find one of the first improvised backpacks I moved, before I settled on another cluster of trees. Doh!  :blush:

Saw more deer from the truck today. That was near Kozlovka (above Balota). I have to take back what I said. I did see deer herds zig-zag, but these today just ran in almost a straight line. And I've seen them do that before. Maybe there are 2 kind of animal behaviour, depending on how close you are. Because when you are really close to them they seem to zig-zag, but when you are far away, they just dart off - which isn't helpful; if this is the case the behaviour should better be the other way around.

Did you guys know you can read the tank meter when you are in third person? It will show you how much fuel is left, even though you can't see it in first person, odd. 

I made the mistake today of driving the truck into camp. I could still get in, but the doors didn't close and the engine wouldn't start. Well, it did say the engine was running and the door closed, but it just led to -> session lost. And at that camp we only have a barrel and a tent, plus an ammo box and 1 backpack. I was surprised it gave me this kind of lag. Impossible to drive the truck out of there, for now. 

Are there more trucks in total now? Or did I just miss they upped the numbers. Because I already counted 4 different trucks with seats on the back, and I thought it was 7 two seaters and 3 big trucks/map.

I don't want to complain about it, but the ease with which you find choppers with a truck is disconcerting. I played half an hour today and found 3 choppers. One US with ACOG scopes and a Steyr. I do like to have a truck inventory, and I know people will protest, but maybe it would be better if rifles didn't fit in there. You can load 4 rifles into the damn thing and still have plenty space ^^

Private hives are nice, you get no server hoppers, but the problem with the one I am on is it got really empty. Started out fine, but now there is almost no one left to meet or shoot at. Depressing, considering we have all the nicest guns and gear. Well, I guess I'll start fresh on a public server tomorrow. 

Edited by S3V3N

Not sure if I should have let that "secret" out logged in to find my truck not hidden anymore and quite a ways down a hill from where I left it yesterday.

Try taking the ammo can and any other containers in containers out first for "science"?

For me it was a great tip. Truck wouldn't start due to the lag and I was really struggling with moving my stuff getting "session lost" and the item I thought that I moved to my backpack was still in my barrel(s)/backpacks. 

Going to try this tonight after I make my way back north. I have the hypothermia bug :(

That is definitely too much from my experience. I got one barrel and a single ammo box with shit and I dont dare go beyond that. Its already starting to cause the inability to open some doors of a nearby city and shit like that.

Also guess what I just found guys and previously had trouble finding ever since I aquired 24 tanned leather... yep, a whooping 100 nails! thanks stranger for dropping those in the ATC.

Yeah I think so too, however i have a few buddies with just backpacks but twice as many as my entire site where i'm having issues. Everybody's input on here has been great, but still I can't find the common denominator that starts the lag issue.

Where did u find all those barrels/tents? Spent some hours on a private server again to do some "research" on the weapon-issuses...didn't see any tents or barrels on my way across the map, just one V3S at Dubrovka.

About the guns:

Finally (365 cans of soda later  :D ) I found a Ishz18 rifle in a not so often visited barn. Thought that there is maybe more in other barns like that but did'nt find any guns. The same thing in all other houses, police stations,...

Let's hope that there is a hotfix on monday, otherwise I see no real goal to achieve atm  :( .

I found 2 barrels myself right when .58 released on my server and the tents came from raiding the NW region of the map on several public servers. Some people are placing tents in really obviously places which I'm finding rather humorous. 

All in all gang, I really think this thread has been the most productive I've seen out of a stable thread in quite a few builds. I personally appreciate all the feedback in here even if its two people in disagreement over their opinions on this game. 

Edited by The Riddler

Two barrels and a few backpacks seems to be the key to less camp lag. After I cleared out all backpacks that had containers, and moved a few guns from the ground my first two barrels functioned pretty well. After adding a third barrel (even empty) it seemed to induce lag again. Main thing is barrel lids not showing open or closed icon (barrel open, close it and it still looks open, but menu gives option to open). filled third barrel up no issues other than that. Leaving area to tend garden 500 meters away and upon return barrel lids show proper state. Have not Lost session again yet. 

Hopefully they will sort out whatever is causing the issue. I like having a metric ton of stuff in one place. 

Also hope they sort out cooked meat and fish making you sick. Have a ton of steak to throw on the BBQ but don't really want to get sick. Have charcoal tabs though so I probably will anyway just to have something to do.

Speaking of which seems like we should be able to make our own charcoal for use in fires or when sick. I'm sure everyone on here, including the devs have burned wood fires at some point, and ended up with leftover charcoal bits, right? 

Saw more deer from the truck today. That was near Kozlovka (above Balota). I have to take back what I said. I did see deer herds zig-zag, but these today just ran in almost a straight line. And I've seen them do that before. Maybe there are 2 kind of animal behaviour, depending on how close you are. Because when you are really close to them they seem to zig-zag, but when you are far away, they just dart off - which isn't helpful; if this is the case the behaviour should better be the other way around.

Did you guys know you can read the tank meter when you are in third person? It will show you how much fuel is left, even though you can't see it in first person, odd. 

I made the mistake today of driving the truck into camp. I could still get in, but the doors didn't close and the engine wouldn't start. Well, it did say the engine was running and the door closed, but it just led to -> session lost. And at that camp we only have a barrel and a tent, plus an ammo box and 1 backpack. I was surprised it gave me this kind of lag. Impossible to drive the truck out of there, for now. 

Are there more trucks in total now? Or did I just miss they upped the numbers. Because I already counted 4 different trucks with seats on the back, and I thought it was 7 two seaters and 3 big trucks/map.

I don't want to complain about it, but the ease with which you find choppers with a truck is disconcerting. I played half an hour today and found 3 choppers. One US with ACOG scopes and a Steyr. I do like to have a truck inventory, and I know people will protest, but maybe it would be better if rifles didn't fit in there. You can load 4 rifles into the damn thing and still have plenty space ^^

Private hives are nice, you get no server hoppers, but the problem with the one I am on is it got really empty. Started out fine, but now there is almost no one left to meet or shoot at. Depressing, considering we have all the nicest guns and gear. Well, I guess I'll start fresh on a public server tomorrow. 

There's supposed to be 15 trucks on the map, there's a thread in general about the fixed truck spawns listing all the known locations from a few days ago.

The private server I picked was full on release day but it's just me most of the time now good for playing I am legend without the zombies and testing stuff I suppose.

There are 47 pages here, so forgive me if this has been brought up already, but anyone notice horticulture causing these same lag issues?

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, I seem to be getting random lag when trying to have a drink or change what's in my hands, sometimes the only way to fix it is to log off and on.

Doesn't seem to matter how many people are on the server.

Last night whilst on a high pop server I was walking through the middle of nowhere when I got shot at, I managed to run off but could not get a gun in my hands, once I was clear I tried to bandage myself but after clicking use on some rags it took almost a minute to react and almost died.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

There are 47 pages here, so forgive me if this has been brought up already, but anyone notice horticulture causing these same lag issues?

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, I seem to be getting random lag when trying to have a drink or change what's in my hands, sometimes the only way to fix it is to log off and on.

Last night whilst on a high pop server I was walking through the middle of nowhere when I got shot at, I managed to run off but could not get a gun in my hands, once I was clear I tried to bandage myself but after clicking use on some rags it took almost a minute to react and almost died.

There's all kinds of input lag right now caused by camps, large camps, possibly the animal AI, word is we get a hotfix soon for it but I doubt soon is earlier than early next week. 

I advice you to remember where that lag occured and carefully search the site in a 1km radius.

• Like 3

Here's a question:

Can you be killed by an admin? I was in a private hive stood on the coast, then all of a sudden I just died. No shots, nothing. I had plenty of food and water, no warnings. I know I didn't get shot as the server had emptied out and I was the only one in there, which leads me to believe I was killed by something daft. 

Apologies if off topic, the server was hosted by Multiplay.

I advice you to remember where that lag occured and carefully search the site in a 1km radius.

I was in the field just south West of Vybor heading towards the town, but I get the lag pretty much anywhere.

Seen the Dev tracker post regarding a hot fix, hopefully it comes soon as it's hard to defend your self if you don't spot them first. Saying that I still don't see the need for KOS, just trying to find food to survive.

Edited by A.N.Ttbr

an admin could kick you (many admins on public hives do this .... ), but they should not be able to kill you. maybe you fell victim to a bug

Is any one else find the little loot on private servers.  I have been playing on UN 02 mainly and there is very little loot to find on it any more.  Even up north the towns have little in them now.  My friend on UN 02 has played on the public servers and says there is more to find.

Is any one else find the little loot on private servers.  I have been playing on UN 02 mainly and there is very little loot to find on it any more.  Even up north the towns have little in them now.  My friend on UN 02 has played on the public servers and says there is more to find.

I think the CLE is not spawning all items fast enough, or in big enough numbers. After the server starts fresh with the 0.58 patch we are in an ideal situation, but then it just seems to stagger on respawn. I'm mostly missing backpacks, which don't seem to re-spawn in big enough numbers. At least I find enough burlap and rope. 

The thing is - if you played right after the patch, you most likely have a camp or two by now and don't notice these things that much. However, for the fresh spawn the situation is quite different.

Hello dear survivors,

I have a doubt that I think you can explain to me. When a server restarts (if servers restart in this patch), which objects remain and which don't? For the moment, my friends and me have seen that barrels stay. But how does it go for backpacks, weapons on the floor and so on?

Yep. For this reason, when I started a second camp  I started throwing plant material and excess seeds a good distance away. They might not be causing the issues, but they surely aren't helping as both are persistent items currently.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

Yep. For this reason, when I started a second camp  I started throwing plant material and excess seeds a good distance away. They might not be causing the issues, but they surely aren't helping as both are persistent items currently.

Yeah, plant material sticks around for ever, but jerry cans vanish when you turn their back on them ^^ The few important things seem to always disappear before the garbage. Unless you want to make lots of fertilizer that is. 

Hello dear survivors,

I have a doubt that I think you can explain to me. When a server restarts (if servers restart in this patch), which objects remain and which don't? For the moment, my friends and me have seen that barrels stay. But how does it go for backpacks, weapons on the floor and so on?

Backpacks and weapons, trucks, tents, ammo-boxes and barrels stay, consumables, clothes (in theory) and jerrycans vanish. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Yeah, plant material sticks around for ever, but jerry cans vanish when you turn their back on them ^^ The few important things seem to always disappear before the garbage. Unless you want to make lots of fertilizer that is. 

Backpacks and weapons, trucks, tents, ammo-boxes and barrels stay, consumables, clothes (in theory) and jerrycans vanish. 

upboat for adding ammo boxes. I use like 4 of those

Also hope they sort out cooked meat and fish making you sick. Have a ton of steak to throw on the BBQ but don't really want to get sick. Have charcoal tabs though so I probably will anyway just to have something to do.

Speaking of which seems like we should be able to make our own charcoal for use in fires or when sick. I'm sure everyone on here, including the devs have burned wood fires at some point, and ended up with leftover charcoal bits, right? 

Don't, its still bugged! I tried eating meat with charcoal tabs handy in both exp and stable and I still couldn't cure the illness.

• Like 1

I'm still puzzled by this camp lag myself. I got my truck moved way down the hill thanks to the tips provided here regarding shooting out the tires. On an incline it slides like a body. 

Anyways, since moving that truck, I have one barrel with an ammo can inside, plus weapons, ammo etc. No lag. Roughly a 1000m away I have another barrel and 3 back packs. All with a mix of items from weapons to food. Major lag and delay with the occasional "lost session". 

Guess i'll split up that site into another and see what happens...... :(

One of my stashes has a full barrel containing a full medkit, SMG with attachments, and boots with a knife attached and a few tents, but no lag.  Another has a similar setup (barrel with ammo cans with junk inside).  I can't tell that items within items is making a difference.  

• Like 2

Don't, its still bugged! I tried eating meat with charcoal tabs handy in both exp and stable and I still couldn't cure the illness.

i could heal myself yesterday. two times the vomit, charcoal & antibiotics in -> back to healthy.

• Like 3

I'm going  to try hunter choppers today. Something I never bother with.

Can anyone tell me how many helicoptors spawn at present?

i could heal myself yesterday. two times the vomit, charcoal & antibiotics in -> back to healthy.

I'm guessing the antibiotics were the trick, I tried the old method of charcoal, puking, hydrating/energizing and puking again but to no avail.

• Like 2

Well I finally got my camp more or less manageable, lag not horribly bad with 3 barrels, some backpacks and guns on the ground, and other stuff stashed about 300 meters away.

Then I tried to bring a truck into camp. Didn't even make it in to camp, truck rolled over on a hill nearby. Took a wheel to stash as a spare (incurable horder disorder), got into camp, stashed the wheel in a tree and that's when all lag hell broke loose. 1 fps, frozen screen, Sessions lost, relog and stuck at Please Wait screen, relog and got 1-6 fps, toon frozen, then running, then frozen. Appeared that while I am seeing toon as frozen, the game is still registering him as running, as when he finally breaks free from lag again he is often 200 meters away or more. I was frozen in a forest, then after lag stopped was down by a road and some houses. 

Truck was probably about 250 meters from camp. Wheel dropped right in camp. Private server which is still restarting every couple of hours. Hopefully the truck is upright again and I can move it away, if somebody else hasn't already. The wheel in camp was definitely not a good idea, hopefully I can move that, or even better would be the devs issuing a hotfix on Wed.

• Like 1