Bustered

Survey: Worst part of DayZ?

-The lack of postapocalyptic feeling

-The pvp way this game is taking

1. Lag/FPS/desync. On the few occasions I've managed to get the game to run smoothly it's just a much better experience all round.

2. And, yeah, the people. The people are the worst.

Let's make it a list of three:

1. Lack of satisfying non-PvP content.
  2. Free magic item slots.
  3. Everyone is a clone of ~15 people (lack of player identification).

Not counting 3rd person wall peeking, server hopping and freshspawn suicide as I consider those to be exploits resulting from unfinished development.

People expecting the game to be balanced at this point in development, and making accusations of the developers giving up on the vision they had when they began development.

Yes, food and ammo is everywhere. Ever think that when zombies are dangerous and abundant, you won't necessarily be able to stroll down the street and his two dozen houses at your leisure? Imagine you find a can of food and a knife in one house, sneak down to the next house, find a pistol and a box of shotgun shells in the next, and on your way out some asshat fires a shot at you. You then have 5-10 zombies chasing after the both of you and you are forced to vacate tje town to avoid being overrun. If you didn't find diddly in those first couple of buildings, this game would become incredibly tedious, and the advantage held by those that got into the game sooner than those that did not would become problematic.

Wait until ALL features are implemented before you start complaining about how game plays vs how game should play.

I hate the blue helmets, they are always trying to take away my guns!. I also hate the lack of building mechanics and the limited amount of crafting .

No candy bars or chocolate.  

The other day I was hanging around Novo, all alone, not even a z in sight, when the craving for a candy bar hit me.

Very depressing....

• Like 1

Too easy right now. You have your choice of Treasure Hunt, and Treasure Hunt: Gunslinger Edition.

My one hope is that once the zombies are finished, they will tear everyone a new asshole, and make us all humble again.

• Like 1

That you die and have no idea why, how or when it happened. I want an explanation dammit!

• Like 1

That you die and have no idea why, how or when it happened. I want an explanation dammit!

You dropped the ball, that's what happened ;)

I dislike not being able to pick which general area/city I want to spawn. Makes it time consuming to group up with friends.

• Like 1

-Supplies: guns, ammunition, etc are everywhere, a gift from the PVP-gods from Valhalla-on-high. Not that I have any particular issues with PvP, but there is no real reason to use any other weapon when you can just pick up a firearm and 100+ bullets every couple of feet in EVERY major city. No-one uses the bow, no-one uses the crossbow.

i HAD to make a bow and hunt the only cow on the server on .exp to survive. Latter had a arrow battle with a crossbow user and we booth called it even after we ran out of arrows/bolts.....

good times !!

Dont like the abdundance of food and general firearms.

I DO farm since its first implementation but only really makes sense after pers. is working. I can store my crops now i live off of that. fuck iam in the process of filling a cartent with zuchinis...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

TBH the only thing that actually stops me from wanting to play the game are the annoying little things.

Dropping weapons when vaulting fences, not being able to pick something up for no reason what-so-ever. Items dropping ten meters from where you drop them or simply disappearing in or out of your inventory. etc. If they actually sorted out the basics the game would be much more enjoyable to play in its current, limited state. As it is it just irritates the hell out of me, it destroys the pace and turns me off playing.

Trying to add stuff to a system that doesn't work at its core just seems pointless and irritating.

I don't care about buildings looking similar, I don't care about it not being too survival like yet, I don't care about persistence too much. I don't even care about the lack of zombies

All of these can be expanded on or added in at a later date. It's the fundamental core mechanics that still don't work properly that drive me insane and make me stop playing.

No legitimate Green Mountain Curse like the mod had.

No access to higher levels in Green Mountain tower.

No access to lower levels in Green Mountain tower.

No Mass Graves and wrecked military vehicles at Green Mountain anymore.

No story.

• Like 4

PVE is basically non-existent atm. It is a serious downer. Surviving is easy as hell. If you can stay alive for ~15 minutes after you spawn, you won't die until a bug kills you or you get shot. Zombies are gone for now. I know this stuff will get fixed, but it's hard to deal with right now. If I wanted to play PVP, I have BF4 with Premium and I can be in on a 64 player server PTFO'ing with comparatively cleaner networking 30-40 seconds after I decide to play it. I play DayZ for the zombies, the loot, and the survival mechanics. Exp 0.58 has done wonders for the loot. Hoping infected come back next.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

The environment is always the same. Survival games should be about adapting.

• A week that's cold
  • A week that's hot
  • A week the wells are dry
  • A week the wells carry disease
  • A month of zero canned food
  • A week the fish don't bite
  • A week gardening fails
  • A week gardening is great
  • A week of all rain
  • A week of poor hunting
  • A week of great hunting

Persistence and stashing items should be about preparing for survival and change, not stashing weapons and ammo

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 5

Really? "THE MOST survival mechanics"?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Dude, you rock, but I feel bad for your keyboard.

Lmao.

Firstly, the people.  The VAST majority of players are just here for PVP lols and grief, maybe that will change, or the finished game will no longer be as easily exploitable to that ends.

Second, and just barely, is the lack of world richness.  I know that "this is DayZ, this is your story," but I would really love to see more lore written into the game, in the form of journals and military/engineering intel.  The addition of unicorn items such as anti-material rifles, that would require you to complete multiple difficult steps to access would be great.  Set us up some real treasure hunts; make it a viable playstyle to go around opening up mail boxes and looking for intel that could lead you to a very valuable reward if you can piece together the puzzle.  I want to go into a mechanics' shop and rifle through their invoices and key lockers, and go hunt down the customer's house, then kill every zombie in the area to see which one has the keys to the garage; just to earn the privelage of driving one of the finer automobiles in the game.  I want to look through the manager's  desk in a grocery store, and find his address, so I can go loot all of the canned food that the greedy bastard hoarded up when SHTF.  I want to kill a police zombie and steal his keys and ID badge, then go to the local PD and try to find his personell file so I can go find his house and loot out his reloading locker in the locked basement.  Oh yeah, and what about those radio stations that made me want to buy this game in the first place?

I know that most of this stuff is fluff that could probably just be modded into the gaem later, but whay shouldn't we expect a full and rich world to begin with?

Zombies...

I hate to rant on about something everyone (including devs) knows is so messed up. But the FrIkIn game is DayZ. Z for friggin sakes!

Let me list the ways Zombies need to be improved... (some in works)

1. Return of the dinner bell. (Not necessarily the Lee Enfield). Dinner bell is when you shoot a gun and here comes any zombies within earshot.

2. Number of zombies. Just need more.

3. Navmesh issues. Can we please get them to stop hitting us thru objects or running thru doors?

4. More zombies...

5. Variable zombie AI. Some smart, some fast, some both, and some neither.

6. Allow zombies to slow us down by "grabbing" us.

I could probably go on, but yalls get the picture.

• Like 1

Everything and nothing, 

“Never show fools unfinished work!” Some people just can’t prototype; they can’t play with ideas.

When an organization uses rapid prototyping as a tool in its designing, creating, and innovating activities, one of the worst killers of the spirit of free and open thought is a detailer/authoritarian type person who cannot “play around with” ideas. For this person, things are either right or wrong. These anal types are bound strictly by rules and regulations, most of them held as moral imperatives. We say, “Hey, loosen up! Brainstorm and play around with us as we try to think this through.” But, the person responds, “You cannot have a 1 in an outline without a 2. Period!” We say, “Stop thinking about that right now? Come on, think with us about the whole design and concept of the new piece of equipment.” The person responds, “No. You can’t have a 1 without a 2. That’s the rule!”

source http://www.voice2insight.com/blog/index.php/2011/08/30/never-show-fools-unfinished-work/

• Like 2

• A week that's cold
  • A week that's hot
  • A month of no zero canned food
  • A week gardening fails
  • A week of all rain
  • A week of poor hunting

Persistence and stashing items should be about preparing for survival and change not stashing weapons and ammo

I'm not sure how well the 7 day decay timer on tents and barrels, and the 3 day timer on bags, is going to agree with your weekly challenges concept.

No legitimate Green Mountain Curse like the mod had.  That wasn't a curse, those were hackers

No access to higher levels in Green Mountain tower.  Not sure what game you were playing but it wasn't DayZ

No access to lower levels in Green Mountain tower.  Not sure what game you were playing but it wasn't DayZ

No Mass Graves and wrecked military vehicles at Green Mountain anymore.  Not sure what game you were playing but it wasn't DayZ

No story.  DayZ has never really had a story except the patient Zero thing.

No legitimate Green Mountain Curse like the mod had.  That wasn't a curse, those were hackers

No access to higher levels in Green Mountain tower.  Not sure what game you were playing but it wasn't DayZ

No access to lower levels in Green Mountain tower.  Not sure what game you were playing but it wasn't DayZ

No Mass Graves and wrecked military vehicles at Green Mountain anymore.  Not sure what game you were playing but it wasn't DayZ

No story.  DayZ has never really had a story except the patient Zero thing.

He is referring to the DayZ mod obviously. 

caboose

1) The difficulty to find a decent setting with enough fps and decent visibility in citys

2) Very few zombies (there need to be like a thousand on the server, i dont care how buggy they are)

3) the hotbar not reacting to number selects

• Like 2

• A week that's cold
  • A week that's hot
  • A month of zero canned food
  • A week gardening fails
  • A week of all rain
  • A week of poor hunting

Persistence and stashing items should be about preparing for survival and change, not stashing weapons and ammo

This is a golden idea. 

• Like 1