kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

this game is pointless without zombies.  If you want some lame peer vs peer only go do call of duty.  Bring back the zombies

The adults are talking so go play with your legos and we'll let you know when you can talk again.

• Like 1

I found that too,behind the "factory" (construction site) between Orlovets and Polana. I too wondered what to do with it. It seems like it's at least 12 slots tall and 4 or 5 wide (I forgot). Can we even run them or use them for anything at this point? What do you mean by "dragging it around"? I also found a barrel on the back of a pick up truck wreck. Since I was double carrying and didn't think persistence is working, I didn't even try to move it and just dumped some loot in there. But it is possible to take it into your hands and move it around? I yet have to try all that out.  

Here? http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Factory_(Malinovka)

I'll have to give it a look. As far as I know, world containers aren't meant to be taken with you, only to be interacted with. Better to think of them as part of the scenery than as an item/container proper.

I found an odd bug (non-insect) the other night at a pond that I haven't seen in my over 1000 hrs. It was in the woods somewhere south of Severograd (I think). I was going to go back during the day and get a better shot but never did. I crawled into it and was under water, then crawled back out of the edge. Perhaps it's nothing new.

2015-08-09_00005.jpg

I accidentally joined a UK server but figured I'd go with it. I was surprised at how well it performed. I once again zigzagged the map looking for critters. I was at a pond getting water and heard a deer "howl" (for a lack of a better word) like they do IRL but wasn't sure if it was actually a deer or a player nearby trolling me. I went to the edge of the woods and there was a herd about 50 meters standing in the field but the sound seamed like it was much closer. I was still behind a pine tree watching when all of a sudden they started going crazy, bouncing and running all over the place and then ran right by me. I thought maybe another player agroed them but couldn't spot anyone. They disappeared into the distance. I really like their behavior aside from the bouncing all over the place but I'm not sure how I disturbed them standing still out of site 50 m away. Perhaps they have a good sense of scent in game? My character looks pretty sharp and clean but after 3 days of running around...ya know...

I think this is the best dressed character I've had in a long time w/o a bullet ruining my clothes. I did get shot at quite a few times but they were either really bad shot or desync. I did take one down with a crossbow. It really is a viable weapon.

2015-08-11_00002.jpg

If the gun being automatically put away bug is fixed, I agree that this is ready for stable. However, I'm not sure if that's a game breaker or not.

P.S. I'm trying to figure out how to do the spoiler thing so I don't slow yall's browsers down. Never mind - figured it out. Duh

Edited by eyecon
  • Like 3

this game is pointless without zombies.  If you want some lame peer vs peer only go do call of duty.  Bring back the zombies

The Zeds are not ingame for a reason at this point in the game.. If you have been following the development of the game, you would know why this is.  When the devs have taken care of the issue surrounding the zeds being ingame, I am sure they will bring them back.  I am good with them (zeds) being gone for the time being, until whatever issue is addressed with the zeds.  

Had a nice run tonight through berezino all the way to gorka, surprisingly saw noone and foudn lots of evidence of respawning loot, there was only one item i couldnt pick up at all (that was on signapore 1PP server , then i switched to the 32/50 south something server and had no trouble picking things up -_- )  . At first i logged in with my first character that was near Lopatino, when i got in game i hear a truck race by me , in the excitement i tried guzzling down a water bottle as i was thirsty and wanted to try and run after the truck to see where he was going , i didnt realize it until 20 minutes later but it was gas i guzzled in that water bottle =/ i died ten minutes after that, my screen just persistently got whiter and whiter until i died although i was energized and hydrated and only yellow sick, i even tried taking my shoes off to see if the sick status would update to no avail. But after that i spawned into my destined character whom saw much evidence of loot respawning (every door open and cars opened but yet loot all around, some of it floating). He was also blessed enough to look like this by scavenging berezino -gorka (probably one of my favorite "survivor" outfits):

OwXkzuq.jpg

• Like 1

... i didnt realize it until 20 minutes later but it was gas i guzzled in that water bottle =/ i died ten minutes after that, my screen just persistently got whiter and whiter until i died...

I always forget about the possibility of water bottles having gas due to someone trolling. One of these days I'll pay for it.

Every bottle/canteen I pickup first gets emptied and then placed into inventory for use later and if there is a mix up I just empty everything at the water pump and refill everything. I am still very amazed that I have never been shot while at a water pump. Might be the long quiet moments scanning for players and watching from a hill near the pump and also some luck. I'm pretty sure a couple times I had a player aiming at me with a rifle giggling and just not firing cause they felt sorry for me, cause a couple times I think I actually heard the giggling.

• Like 2

That's enough, all of your posts are rants about Z's, if as you say you have been here from the beginning of this Alpha I assume you have read the warnings concerning development.

The rest of you, don't feed it.

• Like 5

That's enough, all of your posts are rants about Z's, if as you say you have been here from the beginning of this Alpha I assume you have read the warnings concerning development.

The rest of you, don't feed it.

I would just like to say that I ran over a zed in Novo with a truck this very evening so, they are there, definitely.

Had a nice run tonight through berezino all the way to gorka, surprisingly saw noone and foudn lots of evidence of respawning loot, there was only one item i couldnt pick up at all (that was on signapore 1PP server , then i switched to the 32/50 south something server and had no trouble picking things up -_- )  . At first i logged in with my first character that was near Lopatino, when i got in game i hear a truck race by me , in the excitement i tried guzzling down a water bottle as i was thirsty and wanted to try and run after the truck to see where he was going , i didnt realize it until 20 minutes later but it was gas i guzzled in that water bottle =/ i died ten minutes after that, my screen just persistently got whiter and whiter until i died although i was energized and hydrated and only yellow sick, i even tried taking my shoes off to see if the sick status would update to no avail. But after that i spawned into my destined character whom saw much evidence of loot respawning (every door open and cars opened but yet loot all around, some of it floating). He was also blessed enough to look like this by scavenging berezino -gorka (probably one of my favorite "survivor" outfits):

Did you try to throw up?  Not long ago, .56 or 7 I think, I drank a 5 gallon can of gas.  It was full too, did nothing to me...

Edited by Barnabus

so, just ried the 0.58.129xxx patch yesterday, and the loot doesn't seem to respawn at all, anyone else feeling the same thing?

it's kind of like in the starvation patch again

I wonder will they push this today. I'm kind of torn, on one hand .58 is great but on the other the gun drop thing is going to dominate discussions about it. If it was my call I'd either hold off or release the previous patch.

I wonder will they push this today. I'm kind of torn, on one hand .58 is great but on the other the gun drop thing is going to dominate discussions about it. If it was my call I'd either hold off or release the previous patch.

i am really wondering if loot is respawning at all, guns are extremely rare, the only ones i can find are IZH rifles,

for which i never found any ammo, the only other gun i have is a double barrel from the patch before that

i am all for rare guns, but not even decent ranged guns anywhere to find is extreme

then again maybe i was just unlucky, but they really should look into this, made a bugtracker issue on that as well, so i guess it should be good

Horrible bug got me killed today, first time it happened.  After a couple hours of looting up I started randomly dropping my mosin.  would have to stop pick it up and continue on.  Ran into a bambi with no mic said hey to him all of sudden go into dropping weapon animation drop my mosin cant move in animation bambi punches and knocks me out takes my mosin and shoots me in the head.  This needs adressed before stable.

so, just ried the 0.58.129xxx patch yesterday, and the loot doesn't seem to respawn at all, anyone else feeling the same thing?

it's kind of like in the starvation patch again

for me, not at all. found plenty of food, and if not, i just kept moving on to the next town and found some peaches, sardines or beans. i think cle is pretty good atm, especially the amount of firearms and ammo. after some hours of playing i had usmc pants, a hunting jacket, stanag mags, shotgun ammo, much 5.56, a cr75 with mags and a winchester with 5 rounds.

to be honest, 0.58 is not ready to get stable yet. lost an izh 18, an axe, a hatched, a kitchen knife and some more things yesterday. a friend of mine had the same issues. we traded with some weapons, ammo und food at nwaf, but as soon as you put things to the ground it gets buggy.

i hope to see .58 on stable soon, i really do. but pls fix the serious bugs first.

Edited by NWGJulian

Expect a wise decision.

• Like 1

Expect a wise decision.

It's a tough one. Last night I was "release the previous .58" but this morning I'm "hold off." .58 is outstanding but the put away/lose gun thing is going to get all the attention if released as is. 

• Like 1

It's a tough one. Last night I was "release the previous .58" but this morning I'm "hold off." .58 is outstanding but the put away/lose gun thing is going to get all the attention if released as is. 

Im sad, but we wont see update today. Bugs are too "game breaking" to let them to stable. I just hope some of guys are working on .59 while some guys polish .58.

I would think they would patch that up before a stable release, surely.  It's a pretty annoying bug for sure, esp in the middle of a firefight.  We'll see.. Hopefully this gun put away/drop bug was recognized pretty quickly and it's already fixed on their end.  :)

when those "dumb" twitter messages not had happen everything would be "fine".

"hicks: looking for stable until weekend"

"eugen: last little fixes on experimental, should be ready for stable"

Devs, there is no need to push the hyped people, do your work and bring it to stable when it´s ready and do your twitter thing after that, not before

Where did you guys find weapon cleaning kits so far?

Sheds and garages, same as always but seem fairly rare.

• Like 1

I spent the last week helping in the kitchen on a summer camp. As soon I arrived I found a barrel and was happy. Dayz does strange things to us!

Y5ssXn2.jpg

Yesterday I played the new patch. After looting Kamyshovo I had a Mousin, a shotgun (with ammo), a blaze (with ammo) and a cr75 (with mag+ammo). Is this patch easy mode again or was this just luck? In Msta I saw another guy but did not want to talk to him so I ran away. I spotted him first and it would have been an easy kill but I don't like kos. He started following me and I was tempted to shoot him - but decided against it and so I ran into the forest.

I also noticed some lag before I saw other players so this really seems to be a thing. I think a dev mentioned that the desync values have been removed to prevent meta gaming.

• Like 1