kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

In short: painting hand guard lets you remove it?

too bad painting doesnt work on MP5K.

I think the ultimate key here was painting and having the uppermost left hand inventory slot open.  I have painted the hand guard before on this build and if that slot was NOT open the hand guard stayed in place on the AK.  I intend to try something slightly different with the MP5, pretty much just leaving that slot open and double clicking the hand guard while having the MP5 in hand.  NVM, does not work...

A while back I noticed a similar bug when crafting a stone knife.  If that slot was not open the knife would disappear once it was crafted.  Now it does not matter because the knife now stays in hand once crafted.

Edited by Barnabus

I find it very odd, too, especially if they are doing it on experimental. But, now that we have the CLE, I don't see it as a problem that needs to be solved, since items in tents and individual inventories are not factored into CLE calculations. Instead, it merely provides another play style opportunity ... searching for and cashing in on someone else's camp. The only downside is if the hoarding gets completely out of control, to the point that it starts affecting FPS. As I recollect, the devs inserted some sanity checks and some caps, in order to minimize that eventuality.

Does the stuff hoarded in tents have the lag effect? I know when I get near a loot explosion I can feel my game grind to a halt.

Speaking of which my second spawn after the persistence wipe was on the docks in Cherno and I was bogging trying to skirt it on the beach ducking up into the beachside houses and building all quite full of fresh spawned stuff. not sure if it was just being around a city or if they puked too much stuff in initially. 

• Like 1

And it has been done:

Am I really going to do it?!

eRQ9N4k.jpg

BANG... Yep!

53oRveO.jpg

• Like 2

I agree with you there about the character wipes. Gonna kill my character just to start over. Gonna try a new playstyle which will be interesting. :)

Oh trust me, people will be pissed off when their camp gets raided after looting hours and hours.

Wish in the future that you can destroy camps with explosives or something. Take the shit you want and blow the rest to bits. Will do this with every camp filled with a lot of military loot.

Tears will be shed and I'll feast on them, licking them from the cheeks.

Just like this :D:

If I find a camp, I'm never obvious about it. I'll take maybe one thing and then move on. That way, I can always go back to the trough later, if I need to.

• Like 1

Does the stuff hoarded in tents have the lag effect? I know when I get near a loot explosion I can feel my game grind to a halt.

Speaking of which my second spawn after the persistence wipe was on the docks in Cherno and I was bogging trying to skirt it on the beach ducking up into the beachside houses and building all quite full of fresh spawned stuff. not sure if it was just being around a city or if they puked too much stuff in initially. 

Probably a little of each.

It shouldn't be an issue with the new renderer, as they plan to implement occlusion culling.

• Like 1

So I haven't tried the experimental servers this round.  Does it look like item per structure is under control?  This was one of the major blockers to turning persistence back on.  

I realize that persistence is on right now during experimental, but that could change.  Thoughts?

So I haven't tried the experimental servers this round.  Does it look like item per structure is under control?  This was one of the major blockers to turning persistence back on.  

I realize that persistence is on right now during experimental, but that could change.  Thoughts?

We've had a persistence wipe Thursday and today, not sure if it's under control yet.  

The hunt for truck parts is fun though download and get in on some of that action. 

We've had a persistence wipe Thursday and today, not sure if it's under control yet.  

The hunt for truck parts is fun though download and get in on some of that action. 

I hope that I can get to playing before everything is wiped out again. Would love to let Tatanko keep my glow plug and just find another for myself  :P

We should be able to take those row boats if you have find the oars.  Just found a tent and a car tent (among many other things) on the prison island with no way to bring em back.

dfNKJMg.jpg

WILSOOOOONNNNNN

I hope that I can get to playing before everything is wiped out again. Would love to let Tatanko keep my glow plug and just find another for myself   :P

I got one you can have... Lets just hope I can keep ahold of it.

Edited by doctajones
  • Like 2

I hope that I can get to playing before everything is wiped out again. Would love to let Tatanko keep my glow plug and just find another for myself :P

Me too hands bugged and now I'm having a hell of a time setting back in game.

Edited by BCBasher

In spite of having rail hand guards on my AK74 I cannot attach a weapon flashlight to it.  Looking for a bipod and will report back.  Going for a lunch break,,,,

interesting.

so is there a way to see your health status?

tbh I quite like guessing and occasionally eating when I'm told I'm hungry as opposed to chasing the light green. 

Anyway, maybe the new update will have an early iteration of the overlay we saw a while back. We're only seeing the inventory ui right now really.

There's recent activity on steamdb, guys.

:ph34r:

Another internal build. Someone is burning the candle at both ends tonight!

• Like 2

Another internal build. Someone is burning the candle at both ends tonight!

The exact words I was going to use  B)

So, even though I now have a rail hand guard on my AK 74 I can't attach anything to it, no bipod, no flashlight.  So still bugged.  I am also getting a vicious hot bar bug.  When I try to grab my axe though the hot bar it does not show up in hand unless I log out and back in.  Oddly same thing for my water bottle but it lets me use the bottle whereas with the axe I just end up using fists on Zeds.  When I pulled bandages they worked fine too.

There's recent activity on steamdb, guys.

:ph34r:

Well, it is maintenance day for stable.....

So, I've established that you cannot fill an oil can with gasoline from the pump.  BUT.  I do know that I can put a gas can in an oil barrel, same with spray paint cans.  Question is would a fire or shooting it make the oil can explode if these things are inside it or would it just ruin the barrel and everything inside it? 

Myth Busters time!!  Sure do wish grenades were spawning....

Edited by Barnabus

even copped a warning post for calling a dev lazy.

:thumbsup:  :beans: If you don't have any warnings you are doing something WRONG.

• Like 1

Myth Busters time!!  Sure do wish grenades were spawning....

I wish we could blow up gas stations right now, too :( Or is that fixed in 0.58? I haven't tried.

PRO TIP:::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can sew leather clothing with a BONE HOOK

A leather sewing kit can be used to repair leather clothing but to create the leather clothing in the first place simply add a bone hook to leather (create bone hook by adding knife to bones).

Yup, 2 others gave that tip too and it works like a charm -->

QbnMzCp.jpg

Now a bow and some arrows and I will ditch the AKM. Gonna be a lone wolf mountain man for a while. (will keep FNX with silencer just in case :) )

Edited by SAK
  • Like 1

I saw two deers at different spawning locations for wild animals and took both of them down. One was on a field southwest of Msta and the other near the "misc_feedshack" south of Pusta. Finally! I only met chickens at the locations where wild animals should appear in 0.57 before. And of course a lot of those domestic animals like pigs, goats and cows near small villages, which I still hit in 0.58. But where did all the boars went? Did not catch sight of a boar for ages (at least not in 0.57/0.58).

After satisfying my leather fetish in DayZ I had a good time, like I usually have on Experimental. Enjoy to see the first shy traces of Persistence back in game (planting hints, ruined and useful stuff somebody left behind on roads or in houses). Overall, I like many innovations which promise more survival romance and Persistence is just the big one among them.

Edited by Elem
  • Like 1

But where did all the boars went? Did not catch sight of a boar for ages (at least not in 0.57/0.58).

They're in, just very uncommon right now. I have the improvised leather backpack on 0.57 right now, and someone on Reddit just posted about finding a boar yesterday on 0.58. Your best bets are the fields in the northwest, along with the valleys in the south (Kozlovka, Mogilevka, Staroye, etc.).

EDIT: The Reddit post was about 0.57, not 0.58. Hmm.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Did not catch sight of a boar for ages (at least not in 0.57/0.58).

They're in, just very uncommon right now. I have the improvised leather backpack on 0.57 right now, and someone on Reddit just posted about finding a boar yesterday on 0.58. Your best bets are the fields in the northwest, along with the valleys in the south (Kozlovka, Mogilevka, Staroye, etc.).

I went on a hunt Sunday and found a boar, he was in the fields between Devil's Castle and Gvozdno, not far from the road.

It took 5 shots with a sporter to bring him down.

It also took 5 shots to take down a deer which was in the field south of Sverigino and south of the tracks

• Like 1

On the subject of wildlife, I've noticed that some animals don't stand properly on the terrain.  

The boar I hunted was submerged about half way in the ground until I shot him then appeared above ground again as he ran.

Below is a fox who seemed to walk on water as I followed him around

mXgcnwl.jpg