boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

crafting fishtrap for "big" fishes works, needs netting and wire... BUT

i could add rope, sticks (no branch) and worms...but there is no option to deploy it in the sea...

i give up for today, no ideas what is missing to make this trap working..

fishtrap1149bepwqm2.jpg

fishtrap3spb1lhvfe2.jpg

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 7

And here I just threw away my spare net because I thought it was useless beyond ghillie crafting :(

__

nice work. i think the bow was buffed in .55 before they broke it in stable.  i've found that there's a small difference in range between normal and bone arrows. Bone is a one hit zombie kill while normal is two. Where did you manage to find the composite arrows? 

nice work. i think the bow was buffed in .55 before they broke it in stable.  i've found that there's a small difference in range between normal and bone arrows. Bone is a one hit zombie kill while normal is two. Where did you manage to find the composite arrows? 

It' was on one of the store like shelves in a house that had a few rooms of them. You can find them on the grey store shelves that you find in the market building back room.

Quick question: Does anyone have an approximate range for the winchester? I finally found one and looked it up in the wiki but it says "unknown"...

Thanks for the bigger fishnet pics and introduction, Looks great! But I also have no idea how to deploy it, I'll try as soon as I get my hands on some netting again :)

ok,I'm playing on UK10 (I think) since 3 or 4 hours. Another guy is as long as me on the server. Before it became dark the first time, ~ 25 players were on this server. So I watched the player list the last 10 min and it seems nobody can connect to it. Every player has the hourglass as loading symbole and then they are gone. 

Loot is on the server, infected seems good, game runs smooth the most time.

Maybe it's something wrong with the connection to the server? Maybe more servers are affected? 

Could someone try to join this server? thx  :)

Edited by xCAPx

Quick question: Does anyone have an approximate range for the winchester? I finally found one and looked it up in the wiki but it says "unknown"...

Thanks for the bigger fishnet pics and introduction, Looks great! But I also have no idea how to deploy it, I'll try as soon as I get my hands on some netting again :)

IIRC, the WOBO vid on the hunting scope suggested 825m as an effective range for long arms fitted with this scope.

• Like 1

Did you happen to be on an east or UK Server? Seems those are more likely to make you crash (at least for me)

No I was on Aus/NZ 0-1

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Composite arrows are beastly now; they got a range buff. (So did all arrows but gots no bones and not done testing yet)

Check out these results:

That's ridiculous, no way that bow should shoot that far with that little drop. They must have given it hyper velocity. Range was fine before, it's an improvised bow. Maybe this is in anticipation of the recurve bow. In which case hyper velocity comment still applies...

• Like 1

i could add rope, sticks (no branch) and worms...but there is no option to deploy it in the sea...

fishtrap1149bepwqm2.jpg

fishtrap3spb1lhvfe2.jpg

Have you tried going into the ocean/sea and use it to see if it did anything?

Did you try to hold it in hands and walking in water?

That's ridiculous, no way that bow should shoot that far with that little drop. They must have given it hyper velocity. Range was fine before, it's an improvised bow. Maybe this is in anticipation of the recurve bow. In which case hyper velocity comment still applies...

If you look at the varying height of my arrows, you can see how much relevant drop there is when aiming at a target that far away.

My skill at making the arrow go straight shows incredibly well here, but also by lack of experience with the new flight range shows in the variance of the height.

I had to put the bottom of the circular reticle basically near the top of the door, so there is still quite some drop. It may be an improvised bow, but maybe it's a great piece of ash wood?

Have you tried going into the ocean/sea and use it to see if it did anything?

yes, i did, so far in the ocean until i was soaked and swimming. 

Something is missing on "my" trap...i don´t know what....

will try more tomorrow

Dynamic events are currently NOT dynamic. Been like that since 0.55 honestly. 

I used to be a crash site hunter, but either in 0.55 stable or all the exp build since then, all the crash sites or police cars have been static.

• Like 1

my apologies if this was already mentioned. if you go up to a pine tree with an unlit torch you get the option to add resin 

Thank you both for sharing! :)

In case anyone didn't see this yet:

• Like 1

About the new range of the bow, there is still the problem of woeful inaccuracy with left to right sway. It might look easy in my results to make it go straight but that is the mechanic I have practiced the most.

According to WOBO (who I trust quite a lot) around 300 meters with irons, and I believe he said around 800 with scope

• Like 2

According to WOBO (who I trust quite a lot) around 300 meters with irons, and I believe he said around 800 with scope

I really have to find the time to actually check WOBO out on a reg. basis, I still have a lot of catching up to do ^^ Thanks folks :)

Noticed that you still lose your in-hand gun if you vault and are duel carrying. Easily fixed by relogging, it will be back in your hands. Tents still making items disappear after a while but a relog solves that as well. Also I saw recently that improvised rope was craftable from 2 6x stacks of rags?!? Can anyone confirm? This is an early-game changer for me because my first goal is to start fishing and this makes it a whole lot easier if you can't find rope or your snares fail/get eaten by a restart.

If anyone is looking to play exp up north on 3pp or start new on 1pp add me on steam (I play on any US servers that aren't western).

Noticed that you still lose your in-hand gun if you vault and are duel carrying. Easily fixed by relogging, it will be back in your hands. Tents still making items disappear after a while but a relog solves that as well. Also I saw recently that improvised rope was craftable from 2 6x stacks of rags?!? Can anyone confirm? This is an early-game changer for me because my first goal is to start fishing and this makes it a whole lot easier if you can't find rope or your snares fail/get eaten by a restart.

If anyone is looking to play exp up north on 3pp or start new on 1pp add me on steam (I play on any US servers that aren't western).

rags to rope riches confirmed. add two stacks of 6 to get rope.

• Like 1

Last time I had a mdl 70 with a hunting scope, I had zombies at 500m, anything past that and the sway was pretty bad and my shots were not very reliable. Just me though.

Last time I had a mdl 70 with a hunting scope, I had zombies at 500m, anything past that and the sway was pretty bad and my shots were not very reliable. Just me though.

do you hold right click while prone to hold your breath and be more stable?

Edited by FlimFlamm

yes, i did, so far in the ocean until i was soaked and swimming. 

Something is missing on "my" trap...i don´t know what....

will try more tomorrow

For some reason I think that would be a lake trap ) not an ocean trap.