boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

By the way, anyone know what happened with a stone oven? 8 stones + fireplace kit (sticks + bark) doesn't work anymore, it just places the stones in the fire. Could be something I missed though.

"Advanced" fireplaces involving stones seem to be broken in 0.57. I was unable to craft a stone circle either.

• Like 2

I'm on my way to test it right now. If it wasn't for DayZ (another memory crash), I would be done already. But going to tell you guys in a bit.

Yeah would actually be nice to know if I'm doing it right or not. But always seems to work for me. I'm at work now so can't do anything but read.

I know I have a low post count but I read the forums daily to see if anything I've experienced hasn't been noticed yet. Or to chime in here and there. Not trolling or trying to spread lies. Just piping in when i can.

• Like 3

I have been hunting for deer on EXP but for the past 45 mins have found no Deer/Chicken/Boar in the usual places.

Yeah would actually be nice to know if I'm doing it right or not. But always seems to work for me. I'm at work now so can't do anything but read.

I know I have a low post count but I read the forums daily to see if anything I've experienced hasn't been noticed yet. Or to chime in here and there. Not trolling or trying to spread lies. Just piping in when i can.

Doesn't work. Tried to combine them and scrolled but nothing popped up. Also tried taking one in the hand and dragging the other onto it, also didn't work. It only works when you search one (or more stones) by looking at a stone surface. After that you need to take the small stone in the hand and choose the option Craft stone knife while looking also at a stone surface.

I know you aren't but some people are obviously. I didn't call you a liar or a troll because everything in DayZ is possible.

And I really appreciate people like you who want to actively contribute to the game. :)

Holy cow, Svergino in DayZ US Southcentral 0-5 has some freaking nice loot. Two M65 jackets in it, back packs, food, etc.

I appreciate the appreciation.

I'll try this again when I get home. All I did was find two stones and stack them put them in my hand. And scrolled. You know I've never actually had to do this but once or twice lately due to no loot and the last time I tried I had to move my head around staring in different directions while scrolling. It may have happened to pop up when my head was facing the ground actually looking at stones without realizing it.

took a pot shot at a zombie from on top of the jail in elektro .. was suddenly swarmed by every zombie in the town.( there were only 6-8 of them but it was still an intense experience)  makes me excited for the future 

I'll try this again when I get home. All I did was find two stones and stack them put them in my hand. And scrolled. You know I've never actually had to do this but once or twice lately due to no loot and the last time I tried I had to move my head around staring in different directions while scrolling. It may have happened to pop up when my head was facing the ground actually looking at stones without realizing it.

I think you're right that you actually looked at the ground while scrolling. But try it out and let us know if I did something wrong to reproduce it. :)

I say to go with what works for you. 90% of the time a single stone will generally work for me. Yes, there is a small potential for failure, but it almost always works ... for me.

Two stones in your hand at the same time? I need to try that, myself!

its in the latest status report, but its WIP, so i was a bit too fast.

hope we will see it in some of the coming patches

From the gameplay features perspective there are two new traps nearly ready to be tested. The tripwire trap has the possibility of having cans attached to it in order to turn it into a perimeter alarm, or grenades to stun or damage any intruders. Fishermen will be pleased to see a new fish trap made from the netting which allows players to catch fish bigger than sardines. There is also progress on cooking in the built-in fireplaces which I hope will breathe life into these sad and abandoned houses.

Yesterday I was making a couple of snare traps with the usual materials and noticed a "tripwire option" in the command prompt when crafting.  TBH, I was hungry so I didn't really pay that much attention to it...

No 1pp servers????  WTH???!!!!!  SUPER BIG FAT BOO.  And then a CTD when trying to join one of my favorites.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Two stones in your hand at the same time? I need to try that, myself!

It gets even better, you can even stack them in your hands! So take one in the hand and you can stack another on it.

Instead of getting 2 stone knives when holding 2 stones you only get 1 stone knife and the other stone dissapears in thin air. I assume that it just replaces the item in your hand with a stone knife so even 8 stones will dissapear.

I'm talking about small stones by the way.

It gets even better, you can even stack them in your hands! So take one in the hand and you can stack another on it.

Instead of getting 2 stone knives when holding 2 stones you only get 1 stone knife and the other stone dissapears in thin air. I assume that it just replaces the item in your hand with a stone knife so even 8 stones will dissapear.

I'm talking about small stones by the way.

I wonder if this is an unintentional bug, or if stacking stones will be necessary for a future feature. Inquiring minds want to know!

Is there chance that zombies will make it to stable? How is game running? Didn't have much chance to play in last few days.

Yesterday I was making a couple of snare traps with the usual materials and noticed a "tripwire option" in the command prompt when crafting.  TBH, I was hungry so I didn't really pay that much attention to it...

The option is there, but I believe if you try and craft one it just does nothing (or more accurately, the game doesn't know what to do or is missing the necessary files).

Is there chance that zombies will make it to stable? How is game running? Didn't have much chance to play in last few days.

I believe the official word is still "no," but in my opinion performance is perfectly fine to keep both infected and persistence on for Stable.

The option is there, but I believe if you try and craft one it just does nothing (or more accurately, the game doesn't know what to do or is missing the necessary files).

I believe the official word is still "no," but in my opinion performance is perfectly fine to keep both infected and persistence on for Stable.

I think they're afraid that the same situation will occur which is going on at the moment in stable (the loot explosions).

Holy fucking shitballs, I have been waiting for this for so long. I'm getting on now.

LOL I thought the same thing, improvised rope and then make a noose! Cough, I mean fishing pole.

• Like 1

Where was that stated? The official word I read was in the status report, and it clearly stated the the infected would be spawning in stable.

"As these systems are actively being worked on by the gameplay programming team - the stable branch update will have the spawning of infected, and the persistence disabled on stable branch servers. This is only a temporary measure while these two issues continue to be worked on, and we'll see both base building, and infected return with a vengeance as soon as possible."

Edit: source http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225439-status-report-27-may-15/

Edited by Odin Lowe

Where was that stated? The official word I read was in the status report, and it clearly stated the the infected would be spawning in stable.

"As these systems are actively being worked on by the gameplay programming team - the stable branch update will have the spawning of infected, and the persistence disabled on stable branch servers. This is only a temporary measure while these two issues continue to be worked on, and we'll see both base building, and infected return with a vengeance as soon as possible."

Edit: source http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225439-status-report-27-may-15/

That's what I quoted earlier, and I took it to mean that infected will NOT be spawning. I think the comma in that part of the sentence is what is causing confusion... it could be read two different ways. In fact, until now, I didn't really even consider that I could have been reading it wrong. This whole time, others I've discussed it with have agreed with me on the meaning of what was said and I could have sworn I saw tweets from Hicks saying similar things.

Hopefully you're right. I would love to have been reading that wrong this whole time. The part that bugs me more is the lack of persistence though :(

That's what I quoted earlier, and I took it to mean that infected will NOT be spawning. I think the comma in that part of the sentence is what is causing confusion... it could be read two different ways. In fact, until now, I didn't really even consider that I could have been reading it wrong. This whole time, others I've discussed it with have agreed with me on the meaning of what was said and I could have sworn I saw tweets from Hicks saying similar things.

Hopefully you're right. I would love to have been reading that wrong this whole time. The part that bugs me more is the lack of persistence though :(

I read it that same way you did. mostly because it goes on to say that these TWO issues will be worked on 

-snip-

Hmm, reading it again made me think you're probably right. English is NOT my primary language, they should've assumed that others too might not have understood it the "right" way.

"The stable branch update won't have infected spawning, and persistence will be disabled. This is only a temporary measure while these two issues continue to be worked on, and we'll see both base building, and infected return with a vengeance as soon as possible."

This makes more sense to me.

Edit: Without infected in a stable build, we'll see PVP rise again... senseless killings all over the place. Will probably be avoiding this patch, as the kids calm down a bit when the crazies are brought back.

Edited by Odin Lowe

I read it that same way you did. mostly because it goes on to say that these TWO issues will be worked on 

Also this part: "we'll see both base building, and infected return with a vengeance as soon as possible."

• Like 1