boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

I've hopped around, but I was on SouthCentral 2. Ive checked on server such as Central, East, North-East, and some of the UK servers and I still have problems finding food.

You'll almost certainly need to supplement what you find with apples and berries, until you are in a position to farm, fish, or loot the lesser traveled areas. Animals don't seem to be spawning at the moment, so hunting won't be too helpful.

^Yup.

If you find barren areas try to forage apples and berries until you get further north.

You should find loot in the Northern areas.

I've hopped around, but I was on SouthCentral 2. Ive checked on server such as Central, East, North-East, and some of the UK servers and I still have problems finding food.

Zelenogorsk UK-05 3pp has lots of food

Zelenogorsk UK-05 3pp has lots of food

Alright, I'll try it. It seems that theyve really buffed the GO INLAND TO GET SHIT idea. Unfortunatley, it doesnt seem like I can really get that far. I spawned by the white-cap mountain between Elektro and Cherno, I ran from there to Prigorodki (that little town between Elektro and Cherno) and my guy was already starving. By the way, now that you mention Zelenogorsk, has anyone been up Tent-City way? If so, what have you found so far there?

On a side note to the artists, the STOP signs at the roadblocks are not of the right type.

Any kind of checkpoint/border-type stop would use the STOP-control sign (3.17.3).

05_240.jpg

• Like 2

As long as you don't go outside with a shotgun in the morning or pick up random books lying around, you will be fine. I sometimes pretend I've been for a walk after I played a few hours of Dayz. Ah, so healthy ;)

I have caught myself looking for rising smoke on the horizon and wondering what kind of loot would be in that building as I am driving down the road.  I also added a can opener to my go bag.

Alright, I'll try it. It seems that theyve really buffed the GO INLAND TO GET SHIT idea. Unfortunatley, it doesnt seem like I can really get that far. I spawned by the white-cap m

ountain between Elektro and Cherno, I ran from there to Prigorodki (that little town between Elektro and Cherno) and my guy was already starving. By the way, now that you mention Zelenogorsk, has anyone been up Tent-City way? If so, what have you found so far there?

Tent city... Not a lot, a blaze, a civilan tent but that's about it.

By loads of food I mean 2 tins and about five cans of soda (maybe a bit more)... Really the Northern towns/villages are bountiful ;)

• Like 1

By the way, now that you mention Zelenogorsk, has anyone been up Tent-City way? If so, what have you found so far there?

Not much. I expect that there are still quite a few spawn locations that still need to be configured.

Tent city... Not a lot, a blaze, a civilan tent but that's about it.

By loads of food I mean 2 tins and about five cans of soda (maybe a bit more)... Really the Northern towns/villages are bountiful ;)

You mean like map boundary North? Or like Vybor, Stary and Novy North?

Im having so much trouble staying alive, I cant seem to find food anywhere. Not even a can of tuna or sardines. Ive checked military loot, civilian loot, every house id come upon, id check, but i can't find anything....

Hmm I was a bambi again last night when I got on and even the coast had some gear and loot, I went north and found stuff almost everywhere. Not great stuff so far. But after a stop at a water pump and an apple tree, I made it to the north tracks.

Edited by Excanto

You mean like map boundary North? Or like Vybor, Stary and Novy North?

Anywhere on the northern highway that runs west from Novo.... so much stuff up there. If you can imagine a 2 or 3 mile wide corridor north and south of the highway that is the sweet spot... guns, ammo, food and clothes. Just be look everywhere and in all the places you thing there wont be any good stuff!

18320253330_a95f312818_z_d.jpg

This is my toon after a run up there last night,,,

Finished with

nice clothes

Taloon

Winchester and rounds (found boxes)

Crossbow with quiver of 5 bolts

Rice

PET full of water

FNX + mag + sight

Soda + tinned food

Fire Axe

Rope

Fishing hook

Wire x2

lots of burlap

Also have mp5 mag and AK 74 mag + loads of AK rounds and Ak scope

• Like 1

18320253330_a95f312818_z_d.jpg

This is my toon after a run up there last night,,,

Finished with

nice clothes

Taloon

Winchester and rounds (found boxes)

Crossbow with quiver of 5 bolts

Rice

PET full of water

FNX + mag + sight

Soda + tinned food

Fire Axe

Rope

Fishing hook

Wire x2

lots of burlap

Also have mp5 mag and AK 74 mag + loads of AK rounds and Ak scope

*starts fapping* Well shit, I've got to go up there. I'll keep killing myself until I get a North spawn. You'll know its me if you see a guy with a green shirt and green pants and green shoes. Please don't kill him XD

I think once you find a pack of seeds, a waterbottle and a hoe / icepick /shovel, you're completely set as far as food goes. I haven't had to go to town since yesterday at all except to replace my hoe. Once you have found a nice spot to hang out in, all you have to do is just garden for a bit and play the waiting game.

Too bad we can't plant apple seeds yet ^^

Of course you'll have to replenish stuff like water, ammo, replace shoes and stuff but once you have a successful little garden patch there is much less pressure on you.

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 2

Spawned near Kamishovo and couldn't find a single piece of spawning food in all of that town, though that's no surprise, nor in all of Msta, nor east Staroye. I never went hungry, though...can't say why. Probably a server setting. But it was really barren. I maybe found a couple of shirts and things other people just didn't like, but there was nothing in the way of even a melee weapon or ammunition, no backpack...nothing. And that's searching every building. 

I always head inland as soon as I can, but...man, it's just a slog at times when you look all over the place and can't find so much as a soda can. 

• Like 2

I feel ya. And it's extremely hard to fight Zeds off with your bare hands when at the same time trying to collect enough apples to stay alive for the trip to greener pastures. Let's hope it's just a specific server setting and may you get luckier on another :)

It very well might be. Something was up with the server, some sort of setting. I spawned in not hungry, drank a little water at a pond and ate one apple...and that was all I had. By the time I had reached Staroye from Kamishovo I was still neutral. 

I feel ya. And it's extremely hard to fight Zeds off with your bare hands when at the same time trying to collect enough apples to stay alive for the trip to greener pastures. Let's hope it's just a specific server setting and may you get luckier on another :)

I usually do the Stealth mode. But with Experimental I just go around shooting every god damn thing I see, I'm not wasting my time meleeing zeds when Im about to die of starvation.

• Like 1

I am going back to stable for the weekend I think.  I hate playing one person all the time.

I am going back to stable for the weekend I think.  I hate playing one person all the time.

And how many characters are you playing on stable?O_o

Edited by industria

Means you're not able to play without server hoping?

I think he means he hates playing on empty servers, theres no a whole ton of people on Experimental.

• Like 1

Means you're not able to play without server hoping?

What?  No, d-bag, it means I prefer 1pp Servers, there aren't any on experimental ATM.  With private servers you can start a new character from scratch anytime AND that isn't hopping since the databases on private aren't shared.  Got it small brain?

• Like 1

Simple misunderstanding, it happens. Stable is not really for me with silent zeds scare jumping me all the time though. I think I'll stick with exp. I am so used to playing 3pp in 1st person I forget it's 3 pp anyway.

• Like 3

What?  No, d-bag, it means I prefer 1pp Servers, there aren't any on experimental ATM.  With private servers you can start a new character from scratch anytime AND that isn't hopping since the databases on private aren't shared.  Got it small brain?

Okay, no need to be a cock to the guy who simply didn't understand, okay?

• Like 2

Okay, no need to be a cock to the guy who simply didn't understand, okay?

'round these parts callin' somebody a server hopper is fightin' words  <_<

i'm sure it's just a simple misunderstanding though  :) and on that note how many characters can you actually have?

1PP public, 1PP private, 3PP public and 3PP public? 4, that's it right?

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 2