boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Found this

MhJLqWN.jpg

qbTyHlW.jpg

It's north of Stary Sobor, next to the deer stand (approx 063:068 on the map). Any idea what it is?

Yeah, that's been there a long while, there was a grass pyramid there before and it was rumored to be the first place Dean was killed by another player.  Some folks have translated the Russian sign but it makes no sense.

• Like 1

Found this

MhJLqWN.jpg

qbTyHlW.jpg

It's north of Stary Sobor, next to the deer stand (approx 063:068 on the map). Any idea what it is?

What you have found friend is a monument to the pyramid that once existed on that very spot. The grass pyramid marked the central point of the map landmass and had edges going in all cardinal directions.

• Like 2

Best of all I made my leather sack without ever having found a leather sewing kit!

U wot M8?

HOW!?

I heave a leather sewing kit but no leather on the count of no garden lime. :(

• Like 1

Some truck/inventory issues

Had an FNX in hand, got into truck without putting FNX away first, drove down the road, turned off the road, high centered the truck in a bush, not a stump, not a tree, a bush.  Crawled under the truck and grabbed my axe.  The bush is that kind that cannot be made into sticks.  Good thing since I imagine the truck would have crushed me had I been able to make it sticks.  Went into a building, noticed someone had been there, went to pull my FNX, shit, it's frigging gone.  Not where it was in my inventory, still in my hot bar though as if it were still in my inventory.  Ran back to where I got into the truck about 100 meters away, FNX isn't there either..  Server just restarted, will look again and check under the truck where I pulled my axe but I am not very hopeful...

U wot M8?

HOW!?

I heave a leather sewing kit but no leather on the count of no garden lime. :(

Bone fishing hook can now be used to create leather items. I don't think it can repair though.

• Like 2

Also I cannot make an oven it seems. Adding 8 stones to a fireplace puts them into the fire :(

• Like 2

Bone fishing hook can now be used to create leather items. I don't think it can repair though.

Now if only I can get my hands on some lime

There's two stages of healing, I believe. One will show in your status effects, one will not. The second needs less food and more water compared to the first, I think.

Kind of... the "lesser" healing is really just blood regeneration. Blood must be full for health to regenerate, and blood will naturally regenerate itself (slowly) if you're appropriately hydrated and energized. The requirements for blood regen are indeed a good bit lower than the requirements for healing.

NOW I understand what Peter meant ;)

Also I cannot make an oven it seems. Adding 8 stones to a fireplace puts them into the fire :(

I had that issue yesterday. No number of stones worked for me, so I couldn't create a stone ring either. It worked in the first build of 0.57, I'm certain of it.

• Like 3

Zeds might be set to infinite respawn in Severograd; at least in the vicinity of the guard house furthest East.

Finally clearing the railroad tracks north, I entered Severograd.

After looting the eastern most guardhouse and lamenting the futility that would be taking that SVD I decided not to neglect the SKS and all it's rounds laying about.

The guardhouse looked maybe once picked over but maybe not as things were so neatly stacked atop each other.

UR84fDC.jpg

I left the guardhouse and peaked into the green outpost just west and saw my first infected.

I killed it with the SKS and sprinted to a nearby house.

It was a brick house, the one with the overturned fridge inside. My first .380 found outside of a mag was a welcome addition to my ammo stash (1 box) and I felt even more prepared for whatever came.

As I suspected, shooting had drawn the attention of another zombie and I killed this one next.

In very short order, streams of infected were descending from all directions.

On the east side of the house infected were getting hung up trying to climb a hill to a broken out part of the wall.

Their heads would just clear the lowest point of the break and I picked them off at this point here.

wWA5pDp.jpg

From the South & SE they streamed in slightly downhill and I had some sight distance here where I could pick them off as they were incoming.

I kept the first western inside door closed as I was still untrusting of doors after my police station debacle earlier and let infected from the north and west make their way around to the southern windows to be dispatched via headshot.

After maybe 20-30 infected, these 2 clowns showed up; some cavalry you are....

Mmt6Mjv.jpg

They were followed by another 20-30 infected and I ran the SKS dry and used about half my repeater rounds

After this 2nd wave I decided not to push my luck any further and realized all of the infected I could hear nearby seemed to be situated either against the northern entrance or at least were all north of me somewhere.

I took this as a sign to make my move and crouch ran SW.

The entire rest of the town was devoid of infected which means it is possible that the 50 or so infected I saw were the contents of the town but my instincts say I saw waves of fresh spawned infected in this scenario.

At the 2nd guardhouse I had a CTD walking up to it but when I logged back in and checked it had obvious signs that a player had been there already.

I still got a fresh SKS with rounds and I got another magazine for the RAK in the  also looted police station.

Once I reached the Western edge of town I logged out, fairly happy having stayed unscathed.

I still see a lot of inventory problems.

I'm seeing more trouble picking up and using items in general.

Taking things into your hands first is usually most reliable.

Hand carrying with a gun on shoulder seems to avoid the glitching away of the weapon when vaulting (can't play the broken put away animation when vaulting because something occupies the shoulder).

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 4

I had that issue yesterday. No number of stones worked for me, so I couldn't create a stone ring either. It worked in the first build of 0.57, I'm certain of it.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with stones in fires issues. I first noticed I couldn't make an oven last night.

Seems like using ladders has a good chance of making weapons on your back disappear

Put your weapon away manually and then go up ladders.

• Like 3

Also, put your weapon away before logging.   :(

Anyone on a 1pp server need some 5.45 ammo way up north?  Currently near Nagornoe.

Edited by pneckolaishen

So, went back in, my pistol was nowhere to be found (of course).  Too bad, I had JUST found a magazine and a RDS for it.

Got my truck unstuck, then I managed to do this about 25 meters away where it had been stuck.

post-201285-0-80572000-1433224851_thumb.

Sigh, it was one of the flying, twisting, flipping type flip of overs.  Managed to live through it.

I think I saw a bumble bee.  Are bumble bees in game as insects?
Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Zeds might be set to infinite respawn in Severograd; at least in the vicinity of the guard house furthest East.

You sir, are in dire need of a truck

I don't think it did, it worked in .56 for sure but the stones would disappear after reset.  Course I can't say for certain I was too busy starving or dehydrating in 5 minutes to test it and the one fire I did build I didn't bother with stones at all.

Edited by Barnabus

I think I saw a bumble bee.  Are bumble bees in game as insects?

Can confirm I've seen a few insects and ambient effects like them recently. :)

• Like 1

Starving challenge.

Date: Saturday morning

Place: 1pp exp server

Now, that was crazy. I got a Novo spawn and the first thing I noticed were zombies. I realized I need to be carefull and decided to first loot outskirts of the city, look for some weapons. That went well... I've found a hat, book and then I noticed "outpost" building that obviously experienced loot explosion - vests for everyone. Sadly nothing else.

Few moments later my character is starving - that's new. I've been alive for few minutes and starving already? It gets serious really fast - few moments later everything is black and white.

Damn, I need to find berry bush. That never happened before. Oh well...

Berry bush! My savior! It didn't go perfectly. I managed to go from red starving to yellow hungry. Then a zombie spotted me. Fist fight - I killed the zed and went unconscious a second later.

Shit. Respawn time?

Nope, reagained consciousnes. Wth? Is that even possible?

Anyway, new hope for me. Looted nearby building - a pink dresss. I'm cold and there's nothing else nearby. Put it on.

Orange hungry. Whats going on?

Apple tree spotted! This time I'm not taking any chances. Grabbed enough apples to get energized and 2 extra ones. I'm still barely alive, so time to leave that shitty city, with no loot and plenty of zeds.

Next stop - Olsha. No zeds, yay!

This was the first place where I managed to get some loot. One canned tuna, jacket, CR527 with no ammo, pickaxe, matches, some rags, backpack and a water pump to get me hydrated.

NEAF - one building with clothing explosion. Nothing else.

Skipped Krasno, moved towards Gvozdno. Deerstands on the way had nothing usefull.

Gvozdno - I'm thirsty and hungry. At this point I was quite certain that something changed with thirst and hunger. I looted one soda can that boosted me from thirsty to... thirsty. Shit. Is there a water pump nearby?

Dying of thirst, and finally - water pump! Hydrated again. I'm still hungry though.

Next stop - village on the way to the castle. Tent, some useless crap, metal wire. Crafted rabbit snare, came back some tuime later - it was damaged but no rabbit. Damn.

On the way to Devil's Castle I started to starve again.

Hello mr. Berry Bush!

Devil's Castle - empty.

Grishino - one can of food. 2xmetal wire. Planted 3 rabbit snares that in the end didn't give me shit. One can of soda, one can of food. Police station had a RAK with small mag. Now I can hunt! Picked some apples - was starving again.

Next to a water pump I found a best thing ever - water bottle! That's what I needed.

Planted pumpkins. Searched remaining buildings, checked my snares. Finally pumpkins were ready. Half of them got dieseased or something but I still managed to get a bunch of good ones. Loaded with pumpkin slices - like 20 of them. Left one pumpkin in the middle of a street.

And that, my friends, is how I survived "The hunger challenge".

Later I've had more adventures - done some fishing, found a track, and crashed it, travelled north.

Edited by SniperV

Zeds might be set to infinite respawn in Severograd.

*sighs* I hope not, zombie respawns have been abolished for good reason. Getting constant zombie spawns again would be a huge step back :S

Starving challenge.

Date: Saturday morning

Place: 1pp exp server

Changing server used to fix superfast hunger/thirst

• Like 1

I dunno if anybody here has posted a pic, but this will surely become a favorite article...

61mWptm.jpg?1

QK980Xa.jpg?1

• Like 1

blah blah blah

Blah blah blah

I don't know what system you guys are running, but for me...setting the Texture Detail to Very High has zero impact on performance compared to Low.

• Like 1

Had a couple of CTD's, one of which resulted in logging back into 'You are Dead'. I'm not sure if there's a need to wait a little longer to log back in after a CTD to prevent that from happening or not. For the 'Death Crash' I was looking at a tree, so it would seem I just dropped dead on the spot - got back to my body TF as I'd just found a golden winged unicorn, aka a hunting scope.

All 3 of the CTD's happened early on and after that it was all good.

Lag/dysnc was at a minimum. I didn't go to any large towns/cities so didn't get any good FPS comparisons to before but it felt OK where ever I went.

Food consumption looks to have been 'tweaked'. You no longer starve to death after a minute, which is nice (at least on the server I was on). It is taking more food/drink to get Energized and Hydrated though. 

The FOV nerf took my by surprise but is something a large part of the player base has been wanting. I'm not one of those players that whacks it right down to snipe so the new limits give me just enough to make the vision adjustments for 1PP and 3PP ( I play with a wider FOV in 1PP than 3PP) so from a purely selfish point of view its all gravy for me.

I even met 2 nice people - shoutout to Plissken of Tulga, and the unnamed suspicious sardine eater of Solnichniy. I salute you both as men of outstanding calibre.

so, is it just me or are there no servers for 0.57.128035?

the only server i found yesterday was a "Villayer test server" but it had a password

i am in europe if that helps figuring out whats wrong

Edited by Zombo