boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

I think a lot of the item houdini issues are related to vaulting and items dissappearing from your hands after you pretend to put them on your back before the vault.

I've lost guns, tents, and garden lime that way, but the fix is to relog, and your item will be on the ground where you vaulted to.

I had a tent in my hands went to drink out of PET bottle.What do you know wallah It's gone no where to be found Day Z gods can be ruthless.I've also had a landmine disappear by not having sufficient space in my inventory and pulled out my ax.  

I concur on that notion i feel the same way with the Day z magic Houdini-ing items away.

I don't think I ever actually lost anything but I did have stuff get stuck in my inventory and such which was really annoying. Preferring to avoid the relog workarounds I just got in the habit of being super careful.

I had a tent in my hands went to drink out of PET bottle.What do you know wallah It's gone no where to be found Day Z gods can be ruthless.I've also had a landmine disappear by not having sufficient space in my inventory and pulled out my ax.  

I had a hoe in hand last night and no room for it in inventory.  I step over a fence and poof, I see the putting away animation and the hoe is gone.  I look around the immediate area, no hoe, no where.

I wish leather backpack is bigger. Did anyone tried to die it in barrel?

I'm a big fan of the hunting backpack. I'd be nice if we could craft something like that. Even if it took more than one pelt, it would definitely be worth the effort.

• Like 3

On several occasions I've noticed that when the 'houdini' items disappear they are put back in the location where you first picked them up.  

• Like 3

On several occasions I've noticed that when the 'houdini' items disappear they are put back in the location where you first picked them up.  

I assummed this as well went back to look for the tent where i found it and had no luck I wasn't that far form where i found it either. So it isn't like someone could have picked it up. If it would have respawned back to where i found it.

Edited by Scarcifer
  • Like 1

I assummed this as well went back to look for the tent where i found it and had no luck I wasn't that far form where i found it either. So it isn't like someone could have picked it up. If it would have respawned back to where i found it.

It doesn't seem to be consistently reproducible, I've seen backpacks reappear right before my eyes and other items disappear never to be seen again. I wondered if it had to do only with 'untouched' spawn items too.  It's almost like they get stuck in limbo - it appears that you have acquired an item but the server says otherwise.

Here is some good news for Barnabus:

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

I still don't really trust the hotbar. I put stuff there, eye it suspiciously but don't use it much. Dragging things to my hands just feels more comfortable.

Here is what I have learned about the hot bar as it is bugged right now.  If you have the item in X in your hands and want to use the item in Y you MUST put away the item in X BEFORE you grab the item in Y or risk loosing the item in X. 

NEVER log out with anything in hand, when you log back in you may select another hot bar item causing you to "disappear" what ever it was you had in hand without realizing it until much later, like when you need that MP5 for a firefight but it is LONG GONE (yeah, I learned that the HARD WAY).  The reason for this is that the item you have in hand has an even-good chance of removing itself from the hot bar when you log back in, it may "forget" where it is supposed to go..

ALSO, and this is especially true for water bottles, never add anything into your inventory when you have something from your inventory in hand.  This can cause that inventory space where the item you have in hand is taken by the item you added.  This can, also, disappear items from your inventory with out your knowledge.

Doesn't happen 100% of the time but happens often enough for me to be very cautious.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Here is some good news for Barnabus:

I wish, my wife will be home by then and bitching at me about my game playing time.

• Like 1

Soooo update tomorrow? Might be able to squeeze in a couple of hours in the evening...

0.55 is becoming stale.. Even been going looking for PVP on da coast :(

I wish, my wife will be home by then and bitching at me about my game playing time.

She may as well bitch about your gaming, otherwise she'll just have to think of something else to complain about.

• Like 3

tomorrow morning would suit me up to the ground, I'm very drunk atm

• Like 1

She may as well bitch about your gaming, otherwise she'll just have to think of something else to complain about.

I think she should be thankful I am not out catting around or getting drunk or DUI's or anything stupid like that.  She knows right where I am and what I am doing.

• Like 3

The thing I can't wait for the most is a change in the loot tables...

We might have new hunting jackets, but that caused the hunting pants (brown, spring, summer, fall and winter) to completely disappear from the loot tables...

Same applies to the GORKA uniforms. GORKA pants and jacket are gone from the loot tables too. I was hoping this would be fixed in the 0.57 experimental, as they were already missing in 0.56.

SNAP THE POOH

Unless my brain is playing me a VERY extreme joke, I saw plenty of Gorka jackets and pants on prison island in 0.57. Also in 0.56.

Just like in 0.56 the prison seems to be a mall in terms of clothing. It's just overflowing.

• Like 1

Is the CLE something that is unique to this game? I'm not much of a gamer. I just play this and 1 other game. I used to play lots on frontier elite 2 on the Atari ST and some early pc games, but nothing ever like this. I was just wondering if anyone has written such a complex loot spawn mechanism before? It's so complex it makes my brain ache to think about it!

Edited by HarryPotter

Everything in BI games are created from scratch and unique. Definetly part of the fun for me. Even though people bash their engine, it's theirs, and they keep improving it and shaping for their needs. They also release much of their SDK for free.

OK, maybe not PhysX, but check this out their tree generator  http://arma3.com/features/engine

Also, this is a good read if your interested in BIS http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Editorial/Interview-Bohemia-Interactive-ArmA-3-Developer-Expansion-Optimization-Roadmap

Edited by Coheed_IV

Is the CLE something that is unique to this game? I'm not much of a gamer. I just play this and 1 other game. I used to play lots on frontier elite 2 on the Atari ST and some early pc games, but nothing ever like this. I was just wondering if anyone has written such a complex loot spawn mechanism before? It's so complex it makes my brain ache to think about it!

I can't think of a direct comparison honestly. You might be right that the CLE is a wholly new endeavor. 

• Like 1

Unless my brain is playing me a VERY extreme joke, I saw plenty of Gorka jackets and pants on prison island in 0.57. Also in 0.56.

Just like in 0.56 the prison seems to be a mall in terms of clothing. It's just overflowing.

Gotcha!  :thumbsup:  Never went back to the prison on experimental, never...

Already had a pretty bad personal experience from it on stable, although I like the place.

• Like 2

Gotcha!  :thumbsup:  Never went back to the prison on experimental, never...

Already had a pretty bad personal experience from it on stable, although I like the place.

I am with you, I feel like if there is no way to get chow or water over there then there is no frigging way I am going to swim over there.  I don't know what is going on with the storage rooms over there.  I just know that in .57, nothing spawns like it used to.  Seems a pointless risk to get all the way over there and get great gear only to pass out from thirst or starvation.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the hunting backpack. I'd be nice if we could craft something like that. Even if it took more than one pelt, it would definitely be worth the effort.

I am of the opinion we should be able to craft an improvised 4 slot cargo vest out of two burlap sacks.

• Like 1

I can't think of a direct comparison honestly. You might be right that the CLE is a wholly new endeavor.

Eve Online has something a bit similar to the CLE but you can't make a direct comparison because Eve's system tracks the level of resources in an area where CLE was designed to track loot spawns. In eve, when resources in one region reach being almost completely deplete, the system will respond by concentrating more resources spawns in a new region. That's just a guess on my part, Il can't tell you what the designers intended. Could be what we're seeing now is an early iteration of the CLE system.

• Like 1

Just read the ticket on the boot crash. Apparently you put boots in a vest, and if you then switch those boots with other boots on the ground, the server goes down.

I'm just wondering what this guy was doing when he discovered this glitch. 

"Oh man, I better grab some spare boots in case I need them. Then again, these boots over here..."

• Like 1

Just read the ticket on the boot crash. Apparently you put boots in a vest, and if you then switch those boots with other boots on the ground, the server goes down.

I'm just wondering what this guy was doing when he discovered this glitch. 

"Oh man, I better grab some spare boots in case I need them. Then again, these boots over here..."

Someone was probably shuffling loot from the porch of those buildings that don't open and are found in industrial areas and military bases.  Lots of vests and boots spawn there.

• Like 3

Did barrels become a bit more functional / stable now, or is it just me?

Now I only wish they could be used to ferment hooch from apples / berries..  ;)

• Like 3