boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

no offense man, rly, but is that really your style of writing or did just some kind of data-format get screwed ? XD thats what i was wondering reading your post ... 

Oh, come on.  I even came back and edited a hint into the 'signature.'  Just highlight the last two non-words, and let google take you to a wonderful and confusing corner of the poetic genre.  Or you can just go and sit in an enormous room.  (P.S. those last two words were another hint)

I think it's meant to mean something.  I gave him that benefit of the doubt anyway.. it's just I have no idea what it is meant to mean!   ;)

Benefit acknowledged and received.  I was only trying to be artful; it seemed kinda lame to come on here and start exalting on how much nicer everyone in Chernarus acts when there is nothing but apples and sticks.  Met two people and NEITHER of them tried to murder me.  It was refreshing.

Hey,

for all who have those memory errors:

It's related to the engine's memory management. They will never fix this buggy engine...

As a workaround to avoid crashes use: "-maxmem=2047" in your startparamaters.

Have a good time!

And oh, on DE servers there is almost no loot.

Hey,

for all who have those memory errors:

It's related to the engine's memory management. They will never fix this buggy engine...

As a workaround to avoid crashes use: "-maxmem=2047" in your startparamaters.

Have a good time!

And oh, on DE servers there is almost no loot.

This might probably help some ppl but it's not working for me even though it seemed to give me some more playing time before a crash.

Does anyone know about the -dologs parameter?

Eugen mentions it here:

but is there a link somewhere explaining where they are kept etc?

tia

Edited by freethink

Still lootsplosions at guard houses and cloth lootsplosions in select houses (I tested a certain green house next to the house next to the police station in Cherno on both 3pp and 1pp servers, and it had cloth lootsplosion on both servers, while the house next to it, which is of the same type, didn't).

That tells me that the loot system still has its kinks, but I am really enjoying the fact that you have to look in places that you didn't usually need to look for loot in in order to find it. There is no point going the usual popular places (like police stations, fire stations etc) anymore, unless you are the first or second to do so after a new build. But then you can find press vests, guns and food in houses and rooms of houses that didn't spawn anything before. Simply put, the system is much closer to being inscrutable and unpredictable, as looting should be. I have always enjoyed the looting up part of this game immensely, but now it has been made even more interesting.

• Like 1

Whoever the guy was I ran into near the military base near Vybor is, I want to thank you for not shooting me while I was running away from you.

• Like 1

Eugen mentions it here:

tia

Well at least logs have been before here:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\DayZ

• Like 1

On thing I can say for CLE is that twice in the last couple weeks have I been able to combine a CR527 with appropriate mag.

Please please please more chest holsters, makarovs and makarov mags at police stations. <3

Edited by Ebrim

How good is the cr527? I managed to find one, as well as a 5rnd cr527 magazine, and a pristine hunting scope so I was curious if it was worth keeping.

How good is the cr527? I managed to find one, as well as a 5rnd cr527 magazine, and a pristine hunting scope so I was curious if it was worth keeping.

Worth keeping vs what? With the hunting scope you have a 5-round semi-auto rifle that can take targets down at significant range. If you plan on getting into street shoot-outs maybe you'd want something different. I wouldn't just throw it away if you don't have something else though if that's what you mean.

• Like 3

Worth keeping vs what? With the hunting scope you have a 5-round semi-auto rifle that can take targets down at significant range. If you plan on getting into street shoot-outs maybe you'd want something different. I wouldn't just throw it away if you don't have something else though if that's what you mean.

That's currently the only gun I have a magazine for. I have a cr75 but don't have a magazine for it currently though. Thanks for the info!

That's currently the only gun I have a magazine for. I have a cr75 but don't have a magazine for it currently though. Thanks for the info!

No problem. The 7.62x39 isn't quite as "knock you on your ass" as the 7.62x54 that the mosin uses but it does plenty of damage. CR527 + mag is roughly the Eastern bloc equivalent of Winchester-70 I'd say and with multiple mags you may have an advantage. The real drawback is the relative rarity (currently) of 7.62x39 vs. .308.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

Audio for repeater loading plays every time I load the game.

It played in 2 parts and the 2nd time I could see the loading animation in my inventory.

I'm having the same thing happen with my cr527 as well.

I'm having the same thing happen with my cr527 as well.

If that's audible to other players, it's basically a log in bell.

:facepalm:

Sheesh.

• Like 1

Oooookay, just finished my char pretty much up, improv backpack, winchester, sawed off shotty, swam to the prison and .... well clothes without end again ... the only thing I might want would be "better" weapons, hunting scope ... the elusive stuff that should be rare.

Then MEMORY ACCESS ERROR, something about something being unreadable .... aaaaaand I got a wiped char.

DayZ is a drug.  :blush:

Not even a day after I said I was going to take a hiatus, logged in to check out the new school buildings.

Looks EXACTLY like my old school back in Moscow (built in the 80's), with the inner courtyard, colonnade-like gateway and everything — this seems to be a standard com-bloc design for a school.
Good job, devs.  :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Eugen mentions it here:

tia

A couple of months back Eugen recommended the -dologs parameter and I developed a random crash. I submitted a report and crash dump to the feedback tracker and I was told that -dologs can cause crashes on some systems. That's when I stopped trying to second guess this game. I don't run any start-up parameters any more and my machines have been pretty stable since.

Edited by BleedoutBill

If that's audible to other players, it's basically a log in bell.

:facepalm:

Sheesh.

Dinner bell, more like!

• Like 1

Hunting scope is fixed.

pfs3Tq8.jpg

wl44wFx.jpg

yTX6WCg.jpg

whow, that's some serious scoping... where did you find it?

Edited by robophant

New status report has been posted.

I wish I didnt read it :(  Only bad news...

We had a good session this evening.

My buddi and me had the same ctd (memory) at the same time, once. Game feels not much better than 0.56, but better than before.

You can cut a "long wooden stick"(=ashwood stick) out of nearly every tree, that's a nice addition.

I know this was also in the patch before, but when you cook a steak on a stick (fire) or with a pot/pan (gas), it has different textures. I noticed it before, but understood it not before today... That really nice! :)

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 1

Anybody seen any sign of rain?

Also, I noticed you can make a "tripwire" with metal wire now in addition to snare trap. Sadly I needed food more than science at the moment so didn't try but I'm curious if anyone has tried the tripwire.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

On thing I can say for CLE is that twice in the last couple weeks have I been able to combine a CR527 with appropriate mag.

Please please please more chest holsters, makarovs and makarov mags at police stations. <3

Please not. Weapon overflow will only lead (understandably so) to even more KOS, since everyone has gear and - even after the return of zeds - will have little use for it. This is only asking for shoot-shoot-shoot deathmatch.