boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Good bye .56 tough guy

DayZ%202015-05-26%2008-37-27-75_zpsft04j

Hello .57 hippie

DayZ%202015-05-26%2019-52-07-28_zps4wm3s

^^^ would look so much better if I had meat on that stick instead of frigging Tea Berries.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

While this is certainly true that players left post CU I'd say the real suicide was the NGE.  I played both before and after the CU and the NGE.  NGE was the worse of the two "upgrades".  CU was a nerf to stats and armor more than anything else in some respects but it didn't change the basis of the professions, you could still be pretty much any combination of anything you wanted.  THB I was such a low level when CU hit I hardly noticed it at all and since it hit when I was in Iraq by the time I got back into the game, well, it had been awhile.  Jedi was still a quest but much less of the mystery it was in the PreCU days.  To be frank, no one really knew how to get the Jedi Quest in pre-CU days, it could be different for everyone albeit with some common factors while it was a little more laid out post CU but certainly wasn't something a player could start out at as a level 1 entry into the game.  I was a Master Ranger and doing the village quests for Jedi when NGE slammed into me like a brick.  All that effort for dick.

I still go to the EMU btw, just as fun as ever, just waiting for Space...

Heard some good things from friends, I took a break from the EMU and others to focus on my studies and get my degree. And Space was the only reason I played SGW for as long as I did. Hope the EMU team can get all the original features in as well as the newer ones SOE decided to through in at the last minute before the entire game was shut down. Atmospheric flight being one of them.

• Like 1

Got the 076/122 East cherno coast spawn;

:  .,;  ;

:'

'

Found two campfires by them

(One green)                            beach houses

;"southeast of construction.  Seven berries took a while to pick, made a stone

:.  <   'knife and cut a "long stick."

Met a guy picking apples at the well.  The one across the street from the EastGasStation.

;

;

;

;           ...the one by grandma's house.  And he was chill.  I joined his TS.....  And I showed him the apple on my stik.  ik    ik ik  ik

And then this duded,

up into the gas kioskio.

we sawed him by the pumps, FREINDLY LIKE, 'cuzzzzz der wuz nuthin'

;: .;:  ; ; and it was good

he had an apple; and went to look for NO loot.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> so did we.

so did we....  e.e. edit

no offense man, rly, but is that really your style of writing or did just some kind of data-format get screwed ? XD thats what i was wondering reading your post ... 

• Like 1

The most game appropriate book I've found yet.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

no offense man, rly, but is that really your style of writing or did just some kind of data-format get screwed ? XD thats what i was wondering reading your post ... 

I think it's meant to mean something.  I gave him that benefit of the doubt anyway.. it's just I have no idea what it is meant to mean!   ;)

Edited by MadTommy

1pp servers are up, still no loot

I've yet to get on the game, as I got home from work yesterday and just passed out until about 20 minutes ago... But has anybody noticed any performance improvements?

I remember Hicks(?) talking about up to 4x better performance in some internal build, and it was mentioned in the previous status report, so I would have assumed it'd be in .57.

I've yet to get on the game, as I got home from work yesterday and just passed out until about 20 minutes ago... But has anybody noticed any performance improvements?

I tested it briefly and got much higher performance in Berenzino (~30 fps) but there was also no loot and no zombies so maybe that is why.

• Like 2

I tested it briefly and got much higher performance in Berenzino (~30 fps) but there was also no loot and no zombies so maybe that is why.

Earlier today when I was on 0.57 I was experiencing some pretty good fps in Berezino myself.. But, as you stated, the lack of loot/zeds may have a lot to do with that.  0.57 was smooth as ever though, even so.

Yeah, my performance has phenomenal compared to before, but then again, no loot and no zeds, so it really remains to be seen. 

yep, still no loot. i'll try to get more inland to have more chances to find new stuff when they come.

I am well positioned but if there are zeds, all I have is a sharp stick and my mitts.

Anyone test out the hotbar yet? suppose you could try it with the impro knife

i just tried the hotbar, it works amazingly well  :o , switch like CS : GO

edit : wooden sticks now take two horizontal slots and disapear if sharpened on the ground

Edited by Zboub le météor

Anyone test out the hotbar yet? suppose you could try it with the impro knife

Yes, but it is having memory issues.  I logged out with a stick in 1 and a stone knife in 2, when I logged back in I had a t-shirt in 1 and nothing in 2.

Edited by Barnabus

Yes, but it is having memory issues.  I logged out with a stick in 1 and a stone knife in 2, when I logged back in I had a t-shirt in 1 and nothing in 2.

I guess I can get over that, just have to redo it when you change server or log out. Better than it just not working at all

Yes, cows are in.  Definitely seems that hunger and thirst have been moderately nerfed.

What exactly has been nerfed? I always drank myself stuffed to orange with water but I wondered after Merino's video's if it was any good. Turns out it doesn't matter how much you drink, the maximum is 4000 ml of water. So now I only drink until I'm light green hydrated and then drink 500 ml so I'm at 4000 ml of water. The rest of my stomach contents can go to food then.

It would mean I need to test hydration again if they made any changes to it.

So golden tip: don't drink yourself stuffed, drink until you are light green hydrated and then 50 % of a PET bottle, 5 times drinking from a well/pond/lake, 80 % of a canteen or 100 % of a natural water pouch. I'm not sure about the alcohol tincure at the moment though. This way you can jog around 8 to 9 minutes.

Please note: you can not rely on the 8 to 9 minutes jogging because there can be so many variables (body heat, exhaustion, terrain steepness, sickness, etc.) which can change the results.

I tested it only twice but the results were close. First time I drank 500 ml water from light green hydrated and jogged until I was dark green hydrated (took 8 minutes and 54 seconds). Then I drank until orange stuffed and jogged the same course until I was dark green hydrated (took 8 minutes and 32 seconds). I waited a few minutes before the tests to make sure I was on full breath and not exhausted. Keep in mind that modifications to the mechanics can throw these tests right in the bin.

I am well positioned but if there are zeds, all I have is a sharp stick and my mitts.

hum, i'll try veresnik for backpack and vest, but i might see people there.... hope they are friendly, i have a stick too thought :)

i was easily healthy with apples and berries only, but cold is a threat, i wonder if i tear my shirt into rags to make a fire and roast some apples to keep me warm, or if i  leave my shirt alone for the moment...

Edited by Zboub le météor

What exactly has been nerfed? I always drank myself stuffed to orange with water but I wondered after Merino's video's if it was any good. Turns out it doesn't matter how much you drink, the maximum is 4000 ml of water. So now I only drink until I'm light green hydrated and then drink 500 ml so I'm at 4000 ml of water. The rest of my stomach contents can go to food then.

It would mean I need to test hydration again if they made any changes to it.

So golden tip: don't drink yourself stuffed, drink until you are light green hydrated and then 50 % of a PET bottle, 5 times drinking from a well/pond/lake, 80 % of a canteen or 100 % of a natural water pouch. I'm not sure about the alcohol tincure at the moment though. This way you can jog around 8 to 9 minutes.

Please note: you can not rely on the 8 to 9 minutes jogging because there can be so many variables (body heat, exhaustion, terrain steepness, sickness, etc.) which can change the results.

I tested it only twice but the results were close. First time I drank 500 ml water from light green hydrated and jogged until I was dark green hydrated (took 8 minutes and 54 seconds). Then I drank until orange stuffed and jogged the same course until I was dark green hydrated (took 8 minutes and 32 seconds). I waited a few minutes before the tests to make sure I was on full breath and not exhausted. Keep in mind that modifications to the mechanics can throw these tests right in the bin.

There's no loot in .57 yet so how did you get a water bottle?  I am talking .57 not .56.  I made it, sprinting, from Sevrograd to Grishino and never got thirsty or hungry.

Edited by Barnabus

There's no loot in .57 so how did you get a water bottle?  I am talking .57 not .56.  I made it from Sevrograd to Grishino and never got thirsty or hungry.

I tested it on the current stable version (0.55). And testing at the experimental is at the moment still possible, unless they took all the water sources (ponds, wells and lakes) out of the game. ;)

Edit: testing was done 2 weeks ago by the way. Was testing at the experimental first but the server restarts/crashes made my job hard.

Edited by IMT

Mmh, I don't know. Last time I played, there was very, very little loot in Berezino and I got exactly the same FPS as I always used to get. Will be interesting to check it out a little later today. I generally got about 25fps in major cities, with the occasional dip to as low as 18. Will just have to check it out myself, I guess.

Mmh, I don't know. Last time I played, there was very, very little loot in Berezino and I got exactly the same FPS as I always used to get. Will be interesting to check it out a little later today. I generally got about 25fps in major cities, with the occasional dip to as low as 18. Will just have to check it out myself, I guess.

The problem with the big cities is the transparency of the buildings. If you're in an house on the outskirts of like Berezino and you look into a field or forest with no houses it has good FPS. If you look into the city it will have bad FPS because it needs to render all interiors, AI, players and loot. If you're in a house the only thing it should render are the things you can see from the windows.

It's pretty obvious though, you can test it with a basic fireplace. Put a fireplace in a house, shed, garage, etc. You will notice when it's lit that the walls on the outside light up like a lighthouse.

The smaller the cities, the better the FPS because it needs to render less.

Now I do hope the developers already know this and are working hard on a new rendering engine or the transparency. I'm amazed that nobody even noticed it because it's so obvious.

I tested it on the current stable version (0.55). And testing at the experimental is at the moment still possible, unless they took all the water sources (ponds, wells and lakes) out of the game. ;)

Edit: testing was done 2 weeks ago by the way. Was testing at the experimental first but the server restarts/crashes made my job hard.

That's fine but outdated for experimental.  Today, I ate to light green energized, drank to light green hydrated, never got stuffed and made healthy on just apples, berries and well water (I have been avoiding ponds and streams since there is no loot such as charcoal tabs).  Right now, as it stands, there is NO LOOT of any kind in .57.  Nothing, not a book or screw driver anywhere.  The best you can get are sticks and stone knives.  That should change pretty soon though.  Eugen says he knows what needs to be fix and it should come down anytime now.

Edited by Barnabus

"Warning, servers are stopping" XD so yeah i guess the database was still not properly connected or some cle problem i dont know