boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Uhm, I may have over read it and I know there are probs with guns disappearing but I set down a backpack full of goodies and when I came back it seemed empty. I put it back on and it still was empty. I know for sure there was no one around - only two others on the server. Is this a fixable bug or did I literally lose my sh*t?

Edit: I relogged and everything is still there, but as soon as I put it down again all the contents vanished and it said 0/26 slots... I really don't wanna relog every time I want to take a look at my tiny stash, but oh well, anything I need to do I will :)

I just had an incident today. My combat knife was damaged, so I thought that I'd try to find a stone to see if I could repair some of the damage. I cut a chunk of stone with a pick and brought that into my inventory. I then took the knife in my hands and then I found that the stone was frozen in my inventory. I tried moving items around, but nothing worked. I tried to drop the FNX on the stone (to trade places), but that caused the FNX to disappear. I moved some other items around and then other things disappeared and my entire inventory froze. I re-logged and everything was back to normal.

By the way, the stone didn't work. I must need a small one from the beach. 

I can now confirm that you actually can fish in the pond northwest of Sinistok. I did see a couple of smaller ponds right by the town but haven't tried them out just yet.

I just had an incident today. My combat knife was damaged, so I thought that I'd try to find a stone to see if I could repair some of the damage. I cut a chunk of stone with a pick and brought that into my inventory. I then took the knife in my hands and then I found that the stone was frozen in my inventory. I tried moving items around, but nothing worked. I tried to drop the FNX on the stone (to trade places), but that caused the FNX to disappear. I moved some other items around and then other things disappeared and my entire inventory froze. I re-logged and everything was back to normal.

By the way, the stone didn't work. I must need a small one from the beach. 

Dang it that sucks! but you know you don't have to travel to the beach just to pick stones? Just look for a texture that looks like it have stone and the option will popup  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dang it that sucks! but you know you don't have to travel to the beach just to pick stones? Just look for a texture that looks like it have stone and the option will popup  :thumbsup:

A really great place to find stones are the new stream beds.

• Like 4

If I recall correctly, when I last repaired a blade, it was a stone from a boulder (using a pick to get it) and I could only repair badly damaged blades to damaged.

Edited by Beizs

The thing I can't wait for the most is a change in the loot tables...

We might have new hunting jackets, but that caused the hunting pants (brown, spring, summer, fall and winter) to completely disappear from the loot tables...

Same applies to the GORKA uniforms. GORKA pants and jacket are gone from the loot tables too. I was hoping this would be fixed in the 0.57 experimental, as they were already missing in 0.56.

Aside from the new school building, and the fixes for the hunting scope, I didn't see anything new at all...

And lastly, I can confirm that items don't respawn, at all... 

Yesterday morning on US East 1PP I left near a feeding shack where I took a soda and a heat pack from it, and more than  a day later, nothing respawned at all...  If items are respawning, it's still too scarce in my opinion. Food can be found pretty easily, just like weapons and ammo, that's not the issue, but there should be more items spread out over areas instead of loot explosions in certain buildings, and nothing at all in others. I feels like Chernarus was a place full of compulsive hoarders.  :huh:

I know, it's still in development. Just stating my opinion on the current loot tables and persistence.

One thing I'm more than happy, is having persistence tested only in experimental, as 0.57 stable will have persistence disabled on all stable branch servers. Might be better too for the dynamic events.

We'll have plenty of time and chances to test persistence on experimental anyway.  B)   :thumbsup:

Edited by Odin Lowe

A really great place to find stones are the new stream beds.

You're right about that, of course. The problem was that I was in Stary Yar at the time. There are no stream beds up that way. I was climbing all over the cliff face and even with all of that rock surrounding me, I couldn't find an area where I could get a prompt to search for a stone. That's when I whipped out the pick and then everything went rapidly down hill from there.

If I recall correctly, when I last repaired a blade, it was a stone from a boulder (using a pick to get it) and I could only repair badly damaged blades to damaged.

Yep, always been like that. Waiting for better sharpening tools to get bladed weapons to "worn" status like the weapon cleaning kit or the sewing kits.

• Like 2

You're right about that, of course. The problem was that I was in Stary Yar at the time. There are no stream beds up that way. I was climbing all over the cliff face and even with all of that rock surrounding me, I couldn't find an area where I could get a prompt to search for a stone. That's when I whipped out the pick and then everything went rapidly down hill from there.

There's a stream between Stary Yar and Krasnoe/Kamensk. On the side of the stream you can search for rocks. 

I tend to look for stones near streams, as you can find them everywhere. At the edge of the water and shore, instead of "drink" you get prompted with "search for stones". It's the easiest way imo.

• Like 1

Very interesting, thanks!

After my inventory got jacked, I didn't try again after I re-logged. I tossed the stone and moved on. I still have the knife, though, so I'll try again the next time that I happen upon a dry stream bed.

And lastly, I can confirm that items don't respawn, at all... 

Yesterday morning on US East 1PP I left near a feeding shack where I took a soda and a heat pack from it, and more than  a day later, nothing respawned at all...  If items are respawning, it's still too scarce in my opinion. Food can be found pretty easily, just like weapons and ammo, that's not the issue, but there should be more items spread out over areas instead of loot explosions in certain buildings, and nothing at all in others. I feels like Chernarus was a place full of compulsive hoarders.  :huh:

I was camping a small town in 0.56 Exp and I was looting the hell out of it. I didn't notice any significant loot re-spawns until after 48 hours had elapsed. At that point, I was seeing pretty significant spawns.

• Like 2

Man I wish I had known the trick of logging off and back in when you lose a weapon from your inventory on day one of the update. Had a winchester with scope, lost it climbing one of those hunting things. Now I have a blaze and sawn off and am super cautious. As long as you notice a gun has disappeared immediately it's recoverable. Also sometimes a gun will be gone from your inv but if you've assigned it to your hotbar you can just press that key and it'll magically reappear.

Just wondering, do you need a large stone or small stone to repair a damaged blade? Cause I found a pristine sword at Rog Castle last night and I was planning on keeping it.

Just found a RAK and an SVD at NWAF... they were not where I expected them to be.... just need mags now. On the whole surviving is easy as there are no Zeds and no rain so can pick apples and drink from pumps with no hassle. I found a bag of rice straight off the bat in Berezino when I spawned in... apart from that just 1 can of beans on my travel from spawn to NWAF. Killed a chicken and chased a dog/fox but could not catch it. Its barren out there....

Just wondering, do you need a large stone or small stone to repair a damaged blade? Cause I found a pristine sword at Rog Castle last night and I was planning on keeping it.

Large stone, can only repair badly damaged to damaged.

• Like 1

Just found a RAK and an SVD at NWAF... they were not where I expected them to be.... just need mags now. On the whole surviving is easy as there are no Zeds and no rain so can pick apples and drink from pumps with no hassle. I found a bag of rice straight off the bat in Berezino when I spawned in... apart from that just 1 can of beans on my travel from spawn to NWAF. Killed a chicken and chased a dog/fox but could not catch it. Its barren out there....

OK, stop right there. Where did this "fox incident" occur?

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

a dog/fox? wtf

seems like stuff is respawning. I've yet to see it myself

• Like 1

a dog/fox? wtf

seems like stuff is respawning. I've yet to see it myself

I've seen stuff about foxes, wasn't aware they were actually in already, though. That's pretty awesome.

As for respawns, I feel like loot is respawning - there'd be virtually nothing left anywhere already if it wasn't. The issue is regions - the coast is picked clean far faster than the rest of the map, so, as loot respawns randomly, fresh loot on the coast is picked up very quickly and the rest is left to stagnate, creating a buildup of loot inland and a complete lack of loot (or, rather, it'll appear that there's no loot at all - there is stuff respawning there, it's just being taken before you see it) on the coast.

I've seen evidence of respawning myself, though it could be bugs with items not being visible for whatever reason the first time I go there. I'll be optimistic and say respawns are happening, though.

• Like 1

I saw a fox for a few seconds near "terminus" south of Vavilovo. He ran to the west, uphill so I wasn't able to get up there fast enough. As I got to the top of the hill, I already had lost sight of it, and never saw it again...   :(

• Like 1

Wow foxes or maybe feral dogs? Apart from a bugged goat I haven't seen any animals in .57.

Edited by freethink

Wow foxes or maybe feral dogs? Apart from a bugged goat I haven't seen any animals in .57.

Definitely a fox. Small, orange and making their distinctive noises and sounds.

I just had a close encounter with a sheep, so animals are spawning.

I don't think that we should expect dogs until Q4, but someone did find that foxes were already in the game files. There haven't been any confirmed sightings though. Although it sounds like Odin may have gotten a good look at one.

What does the fox sa-?

Oh fuck my life.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 2

I'm curious.  What the fox say?

• Like 3

Apparently there are a massive lootsplosion of cloths on prison island so i might travle south tonight. Any one playing on 1p EU server that wants to join? Currently im up in Sinistok so it will be quite a walk.