eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

There are loads of variables. From KBs installed on windows, to state of system dlls, drivers etc. Basicaly currently were on the limit with memory unless we switch to x64 client (we have x64 server/client internaly). But that might cause other problems. So not worth it atm. The real solution is to remove the deprecated systems of engine completly. As said we are running two physic system, two navigation systems, two controllers, two scripts, two UIs. The transition state is at its worst sadly. Its hard to keep a game playable and do our tech mojo and move to new underlying parts. But we are dedicated to making it happen, and let you play at the same time.

Thanks Eugen, now that you have explained the situation, that makes complete sense. We are essentially running two complete versions of the game, side by side, so that is bound to stress things to the limit. The recent additions of the new, as yet unproven, modules for AI and character movement complicates the situation, even more. It would seem that we are in for a bumpy road, while all of the old tech gets ported over to the new modules.

So long as you continue to be accessible and transparent, I am sure that the bulk of us will be only too happy to help track down bugs. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and explaining what's gong on.

Cheers!

Will shutting down Dayz may accelerate development and if so make a poll and I'm sure many will agree for the sake of more stable and advanced version ? maybe you can keep experimental running.

If the game could be shut down for a weekend, that might make sense, but the magnitude of the project is large enough that it will take months to resolve. Besides, I'm sure that they will continue to need feedback and bug reports, as they make the necessary changes and updates.

The spawn patterns bugs for central economy are as follows :

The loot is tagget to categories (cannot be mutlitagged now so military guns tagged "guns" are spawning in civilian builduings that have the gun tag). Multitagging system should fix that before 0.55. The distribution is managed by heat maps they just need to be tweaked. 

The distribution is managed by heat maps - how is this intended to be? places reported as very populated in the heat map will spawn less items or more common items and places that are not populated will spawn more items or more valuable/rare items? This should motivate players to move to some other places - actually modifying the heat map, right?

Good to hear ^^

Its the same bug causing crashes/freezes/desync. One bug in the new AI.

Edited by LeAkX

Are we getting a more playable patch to play on the weekend? or no hopes untill next week?

If it bothers you that much, Stable is available.

Sometimes the zeds behavior is awesome. Sometimes, if you time it wrong, the zombie will side step your attack and continue dodging :D

I have to say i was like "high five!" to the zombie chick, but then i remember she's dead.,,

It is possible, but it requires checking every single town for different loot in order to get everything you need.

I got so lucky finding Chapaevsk full of swords & Tuna fish :) I never held the sword, so i couldnt ask for more :D Such an awesome mount&blade/chivalry feeling :D

Cant wait for some sorth of "medieval" whitelisted shard with bows and swords.

2m68m4l.jpg

Thanks Eugene, for taking your time. It's always interesting to read about development and the game itself from you guys.

Edited by halp
  • Like 2

Are we getting a more playable patch to play on the weekend? or no hopes untill next week?

We had been fighting some plague going around the office, about 14 people were sick over last 4 weeks. It keeps coming back. So no patch today sadly

• Like 5

We had been fighting some plague going around the office, about 14 people were sick over last 4 weeks. It keeps coming back. So no patch today sadly

Perhaps because a certain someone rather went to work while being feverish instead of staying at home, huh ? :)

Are the EXP servers online right now? I couldn't find any to join  :huh:

Never mind there had been new comments posted since I asked this I just forgot to  hit the final post button LOLz :blush:

Edited by Jonnierambo88

Thank you very much for keeping us informed! Keep up the good work!

If it bothers you that much, stable is available.

I was just checking, but thanks for stating the obvious.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Hey Eugen, You've been more than generous with your explanations, sending healing thoughts to you and the team.  Thank you all for the hard work and have a restful weekend!!

Edited by duffman_ohyeah
  • Like 3

You used the word "playable" which is why I referred you to Stable. The goal of Experimental is to gather data and provide feedback; if that isn't why you are playing Experimental then you are in it for the wrong reasons. I'm not trying to be hostile, it just sounds like you would be better off not playing Experimental at this time if your primary concern is a smooth experience.

• Like 5

to Wong Foo:

I am about to play a lengthy session if the dayz gods will it so, they're usually in my kushy favor , so i hold this session in high regards... Don't hold back old man zeds (didn't see any old men yesterday just the regulars , i wonder if old man is back in or not?) i'm hankering to kill your face.

thanks for everything,

Julie newmar

• Like 2

Yesterday I had some time to try out experimental some more and it went rather smoothly. I didn't crash and in the course of a 2 hours and a half of gameplay, server only restarted 2 times.

Didn't get enough zombie for a huge horde, but Elektro provided me with enough infected to test out some new pattern and behavior. :thumbsup:  The infected are starting to be a threat again! Can't wait to hear the dinner bells ring again! B)

34rj1h0.jpg16knk14.jpg2u8z878.jpg

And on 1PP, I was able to find a PM73 RAK and a mag for it!

1zznwis.jpg

Even though the loot spawns are currently "bugged", it didn't stop me from getting everything I needed to survive! Besides, the police cars and crash sites are not bugged and spawn everything needed!

• Like 1

You used the word "playable" which is why I referred you to Stable. The goal of Experimental is to gather data and provide feedback; if that isn't why you are playing Experimental then you are in it for the wrong reasons. I'm not trying to be hostile, it just sounds like you would be better off not playing Experimental at this time if your primary concern is a smooth experience.

that sound quite elitist to me...

he never said that a "smooth experience" is his primary concern. i think he is like the vast majority of the players that try experimental : he just want to see the new features and improvements and knows that performances are not as smooth as stable. this update is not playable since you can't play more than 5 minutes, then you have a crash, 70 sec of waiting (thanks, we really needed that 10 sec extra in experimental), 2 minutes of please wait, 5 minutes of gameplay and a new cycle begins.

don't tell me you are playing experimental only to gather data for the devs, i won't believe you :P . it a mutual service, we try the new things because new things are cool, then we complain about things that doesn't work :) .

bye ;)

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the patch. The increase and changes with the zombies is great. Seeing them strolling past your window while you're eating or venturing into a building down the road is certainly changing game play for me in a big way, not to mention stealth. Love it.

Hunting is looking like a lot of fun. Shame about the heavy loads and old systems bogging things down a bit atm, all in good time though :)

Great comms from the devs too, gotta appreciate that.

Enjoy the weekend!

I had a lot of fun on exp last night met some friendly people found cool gear i ended up looking like a crazy chainsaw guy  B) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406949329

and i found a new farmer zombie as well  :D http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406949216

I also saw Odin Lowe on one of the servers  :)

that sound quite elitist to me...

he never said that a "smooth experience" is his primary concern. i think he is like the vast majority of the players that try experimental : he just want to see the new features and improvements and knows that performances are not as smooth as stable. this update is not playable since you can't play more than 5 minutes, then you have a crash, 70 sec of waiting (thanks, we really needed that 10 sec extra in experimental), 2 minutes of please wait, 5 minutes of gameplay and a new cycle begins.

It's not elitist, I'm simply paraphrasing what's posted right at the top of the Experimental subsection of the forum: "Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems."

This update is rough, yes, but it is playable. Neither myself nor anyone I played with last night experienced wait timers when re-joining the same server, so I'm not sure what that's all about personally. Perhaps it doesn't affect everyone, or perhaps I was doing something differently than you -- who knows.

don't tell me you are playing experimental only to gather data for the devs, i won't believe you :P . it a mutual service, we try the new things because new things are cool, then we complain about things that doesn't work :) .

I would be lying if I said I was only playing it to test. But, that said, it isn't the reason I play Experimental, and never at any time does anyone (myself included) have the right to expect a certain experience and complain when that experience is not what I end up with.

• Like 1

Is it a bug or a feature where anyone who spawns near Vybor is spawned without shoes or clothing as I've spawned there twice so far and both times have spawned

without clothing or shoes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407133800

Any time you spawn at Vybor that will be the case; spawning there in the first place is unintended though. It's the game's way of saying, "Oops, we don't know where to put you, so we'll put you over here."

Somehow, in 900+ hours of playing, I have never had this happen to me even once. I must be very lucky.

Edited by Tatanko

Is it a bug or a feature where anyone who spawns near Vybor is spawned without shoes or clothing as I've spawned there twice so far and both times have spawned

without clothing or shoes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407133800

its a bug its the infamous naked vybor spawn  <_<

EDIT: Beat me to the punch tatanko lol 

Edited by Dudester100

Thank you very much for keeping us informed! Keep up the good work!

Actually, I wasn't going to say something but just so you know....

Eugene had answered someone else 2 pages before you posted.

So, he wasted time answering the same question twice because you can't be bothered to read a whole thread you want to contribute to.

Is it posible that you make fix before end of day?

No

• Like 1