eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

Some UK servers are up. Infected are working much better, and animals were pretty good except for a few errors. Loot is still spawning the same few items in localized areas.Trucks are still death traps :) I'm going to sleep

Been trying to follow the thread..

Aside from chainsaws being back in are there any other new items in or just improved zombies(not discounting that at all).

Can't really tell yet, loot tables and servers have been pretty loopy.  I did, finally, find some M65 Field Jackets, at a crash site, in black and olive.  That's about it and pretty sure that character is gonna get  wiped soon if not already.

• Like 1

How about number of zombies? Are there more than in stable?

More than stable, but not more than the last 0.55 build. Some places would have 3-5 geeks, but other places would be completely empty.

the last 0.55 build

Was Experimental updated? I don't see any update activity on SteamDB. It should be the same build that came out last week (Thursday).

Edited by Tatanko

Was Experimental updated? I don't see any update activity on SteamDB. It should be the same build that came out last week (Thursday).

Still crashing all the time so i guess is the last week  build.

I dont know if someone has posted it already but, i had no idea that some of the new zombie models were in already, just found this one at Dolina:

psN7NF6.jpg

SHk75y3.jpg

• Like 2

Still crashing all the time so i guess is the last week  build.

I dont know if someone has posted it already but, i had no idea that some of the new zombie models were in already, just found this one at Dolina:

psN7NF6.jpg

SHk75y3.jpg

That looks like the farmer zombie which was added in 0.55.

Yeah, still last weeks buggy build.  I hopped on last night, loot tables are still all wonkied out like crazy.

What was that thing that Eugene posted on twitter about a new environment for exp? Is it in yet?

He meant "environment" in a developmental sense, not a literal in-game environment. Just for the record.

What was that thing that Eugene posted on twitter about a new environment for exp? Is it in yet?

He said that they're "moving experimental servers to a new enviroment".

Not "moving new enviroment to experimental servers".  ;)

Edited by Exorade

Anyone got any word on when .56 will be out? im hoping that when it comes out we will get all the new guns that are WIP atm.

^Eugene was still referencing a patch for 0.55 if I'm not mistaken.

If I understand correctly we are getting new servers and patch for 0.55 that should correct the crash and fix a couple other things.

• Like 1

If I understand correctly we are getting new servers and patch for 0.55 that should correct the crash and fix a couple other things.

I think you're right, he said a new "iteration" which usually means an updated version of the current build , but I guess in a weird way .56 could be a "new iteration" but I do agree with biohaze I think it's just a new .55 coming today or tomorrow after the hardware (environment) is changed.

Anyone got any word on when .56 will be out? im hoping that when it comes out we will get all the new guns that are WIP atm.

I think you're right, he said a new "iteration" which usually means an updated version of the current build , but I guess in a weird way .56 could be a "new iteration" but I do agree with biohaze I think it's just a new .55 coming today or tomorrow after the hardware (environment) is changed.

Right. Highly unlikely that they would skip right to 0.56 after a few heavily compromised days of 0.55. The current build of 0.55 is nowhere near ready for Stable. Occasionally a build or version will skip straight to Stable and never make it to Experimental (like 0.51), but rarely the other way around.

• Like 2

As soon as we have a fix for the loot heatmap, I think this exp build will feel far better and closer to "stable-ready".

• Like 1

As soon as we have a fix for the loot heatmap, I think this exp build will feel far better and closer to "stable-ready".

I agree. I just hope people don't complain about a lack of "new content" since most of the changes are behind-the-scenes (other than the obvious increase in number and change in behavior of zombies). Inevitably someone will though.

• Like 2

I agree. I just hope people don't complain about a lack of "new content" since most of the changes are behind-the-scenes (other than the obvious increase in number and change in behavior of zombies). Inevitably someone will though.

People are going to complain; it's pathological. It's what they do and there's not a damn thing that can be done about it.

• Like 8

All I am seeing are the SE servers in experimental.  I was playing on 02, placed two tents and both disappeared whenever I went into them.  Resets have been coming faster and faster too, Last on time was about 5-8 minutes when I got the no message received screen.  Well, back to stable for a bit.  See you droogs later.

So...zombie AI is finally getting addressed. That is good. I have been in wait and see mode because I was a little disillusioned with the .54 and everything else. Not pissed off though. Just burnt out and ready need a break.

Are hoards' getting added too? Here's my 2 cents. I believe they should be added after zombies are fixed. When they work well. Then add the hoards in a realistic manor. That would be cool to see. My concern is they will be added in buggy. That's not going to be good. Just the thought of having 20 bugged out zombies chasing me around causes me to wamnt to play other games in my collection.

Just sayin

So...zombie AI is finally getting addressed. That is good. I have been in wait and see mode because I was a little disillusioned with the .54 and everything else. Not pissed off though. Just burnt out and ready need a break.

Are hoards' getting added too? Here's my 2 cents. I believe they should be added after zombies are fixed. When they work well. Then add the hoards in a realistic manor. That would be cool to see. My concern is they will be added in buggy. That's not going to be good. Just the thought of having 20 bugged out zombies chasing me around causes me to wamnt to play other games in my collection.

Just sayin

There aren't roving hordes, as in Left For Dead. But, there is a zed on just about every street corner and it is easy to make your own horde.

And yes, 0.55 is pretty buggy at the moment.

Edited by BleedoutBill

55.126981 coming soon to a server list near you!!  B)

• Like 1

Well I bought the game. So as long there is forward progress I feel like I simply wait and watch if I want.

I am glad to see zombie AI is finally getting attention. They need it. I'll have check out day z tv and catch up.

55.126981 coming soon to a server list near you!!  B)

Odin my friend, where did you get that build number from? I see some activity for the internaldebug branch :)