eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

Probably Monday.

'Cause like people need weekends to stay sane and stuff....

A patch on the weekend isn't unheard of and I'm certainly no authority on when the devs work/release patchs but based on past experience and information shared with us by the devs I would always assume that the nearest patch after a Friday will be live and ready to test no sooner than Monday at around 3pm Eastern Standard time.

I would love for them to make a fool of me here but this has been the basic trend.

• Like 1

I didnt get chance to play much before servers went down. What is biggets group of zombies chased you? How many zombies you saw in one city?

I didnt get chance to play much before servers went down. What is biggets group of zombies chased you? How many zombies you saw in one city?

Same here. I was being stealthy, and I was lucky to engage them only one a a time. In a two square block area of Solnichny, there were at least a half dozen zeds wandering around. As I reconnoitered they seemed to be every-freakin'-where! I don't know how many were there in total, but it looked like at least two dozen, if not more ... and this is a pretty small town!

In my opinion, running, or shooting firearms would attract too much unwanted attention. Going forward, our strategies will necessarily have to change.

If there is no one there actually opening a can of soda, then just what is it you think you are hearing?  Do you get that?  Would you have us believe that everything you hear is really what you hear?

I would think I am hearing bugged audio, which would be correct.  Allegedly you are going to "hear" things anyways with or without "fake" audio; so why try and simulate hearing things if that's something  us humans already do.  It's hysterical, and really breaks the immersion.  In the mod, when you thought you heard something it was a big deal, because you knew if you really did hear something it was another player, not some audio glitch.  This added a hell of a lot more stress to that question of "did I hear something?". 

Same here. I was being stealthy, and I was lucky to engage them only one a a time. In a two square block area of Solnichny, there were at least a half dozen zeds wandering around. As I reconnoitered they seemed to be every-freakin'-where! I don't know how many were there in total, but it looked like at least two dozen, if not more ... and this is a pretty small town!

In my opinion, running, or shooting firearms would attract too much unwanted attention. Going forward, our strategies will necessarily have to change.

I saw only two in Novodmitrovsk and two or three in Chernaya Polana.Melee combat is different, they are not predictable any more.

... they are not predictable any more.

Whoo hoo!

That really livens things up!!!

I like the new zeds because unlike the previous version where you had to keep knocking them down 4 times before they died, you only need to knock them down

once in order to kill them.

The new zeds are great except when they are invisible...hope that is a bug and not intentional. The self closing doors are horrible. Most players are careful not to make noise and listen for sounds of doors being opened or closed by less careful players. I had just searched a blue medical building and was standing in the hall when 5 doors closed all at once. One door closing every hour or two might add to gitters but for the most part I think it is ridiculous and adds nothing. Please make it go away.

I saw a post saying the PM73 RAK now spawns at BMP wrecks? Please dear god tell me this is true, I have been waiting for too long to get this weapon

The new zeds are great except when they are invisible...hope that is a bug and not intentional. The self closing doors are horrible. Most players are careful not to make noise and listen for sounds of doors being opened or closed by less careful players. I had just searched a blue medical building and was standing in the hall when 5 doors closed all at once. One door closing every hour or two might add to gitters but for the most part I think it is ridiculous and adds nothing. Please make it go away.

Invisible zeds is generally a sign that the server is in distress and at risk of crashing. Something that has been happening all too often with 0.55 exp.

The new zeds are great except when they are invisible...hope that is a bug and not intentional.

Invisible zeds is generally a sign that the server is in distress and at risk of crashing. Something that has been happening all too often with 0.55 exp.

What Bill said. It seems to be a performance issue. It isn't that they are invisible, it's just that the game isn't displaying them in the proper place on your screen. If you look around, I bet you'll see the same zombie stuck running in place elsewhere, then you'll suddenly see them teleport right next to you.

I saw a post saying the PM73 RAK now spawns at BMP wrecks? Please dear god tell me this is true, I have been waiting for too long to get this weapon

That would be correct, and their clips as well I believe. It will no longer be a "rare" gun I don't think.

• Like 2

That would be correct, and their clips as well I believe. It will no longer be a "rare" gun I don't think.

Oh thank jesus, been waiting too long for one. they look so fun to play with

The devs have made the commitment to ensure that the game is mod friendly, but they don't intend to oficially support alternate maps. That is a task for the mod community, after the game launches.

And yes, there is a lot more equipment and weapons in the pipeline.

I thought the devs somewhere mentioned during a larger announcement a couple weeks ago about having some form of discussion with Sumrak specifically regarding Namalsk as a possible alternative map for modders, post 1.0 or even just at the beta stage. While not specifically an 'officially supported' map, there is some logic to having Namalsk updated, prepped, and debugged a bit before making it available.

There will be a demand for new maps when mods become allowed. Namalsk was extremely popular with the DayZ folk, with Taviana the only alternate map that was more popular. If BI was going to have an alternate map available at some point, Namalsk makes a lot of sense - low building count to make replacing buildings with enterable versions easier, manageable and FPS-friendly map size, and a place to test an expansion of a mechanic - in this case, freezing to death, snow, and high altitudes.

If BI works with Sumrak in some form, whether by outright contracting or just by offering some QA checks and access to a limited set of building models, everybody wins. BI can hold off any release/approval until they feel that its ready - as long as things work like the did in A2, and any updates for basic compatibility issues are addressed (which are almost all building-related, at least from what I have heard when the map was ported into A3). This probably means Namalsk won't be available when modding is opened, but when it comes to the point where alternate maps are allowed, Namalsk seems the most logical choice. It not only means BI's time/resources investment is minimized, it also helps ensure that modders are starting with something acceptably stable to work on, and avoid wasting time trying to figure out if a problem is due to the porting process/legacy bugs or actually something in the SA code.

So I gave exp a try again and I found only one server lol northeast us. I was able to find very little gear I kept finding prison jackets deer stands become my place to go for gear because of the abdundence of gear there. I met a guy somehow he had a chainsaw and a pickaxe and child briefcase(if this person is in the forums R.I.P I wish I had food for you). Are there ips to other exp servers because this one crashes soo much. And is anyone else seeing really bugged loot very little loot and odd loot spawns(m4 and mp5k mags in deerstands that's odd).

I thought the devs somewhere mentioned during a larger announcement a couple weeks ago about having some form of discussion with Sumrak specifically regarding Namalsk as a possible alternative map for modders, post 1.0 or even just at the beta stage. While not specifically an 'officially supported' map, there is some logic to having Namalsk updated, prepped, and debugged a bit before making it available.

There will be a demand for new maps when mods become allowed. Namalsk was extremely popular with the DayZ folk, with Taviana the only alternate map that was more popular. If BI was going to have an alternate map available at some point, Namalsk makes a lot of sense - low building count to make replacing buildings with enterable versions easier, manageable and FPS-friendly map size, and a place to test an expansion of a mechanic - in this case, freezing to death, snow, and high altitudes.

If BI works with Sumrak in some form, whether by outright contracting or just by offering some QA checks and access to a limited set of building models, everybody wins. BI can hold off any release/approval until they feel that its ready - as long as things work like the did in A2, and any updates for basic compatibility issues are addressed (which are almost all building-related, at least from what I have heard when the map was ported into A3). This probably means Namalsk won't be available when modding is opened, but when it comes to the point where alternate maps are allowed, Namalsk seems the most logical choice. It not only means BI's time/resources investment is minimized, it also helps ensure that modders are starting with something acceptably stable to work on, and avoid wasting time trying to figure out if a problem is due to the porting process/legacy bugs or actually something in the SA code.

From the March 03 Status Report (with my emphasis added):

On an exciting note, as we look forward to what will be required to support Steam Workshop modding for DayZ teams have begun analysis work on both requirements for new content to be created, and legacy DayZ Mod content to be supported. On the legacy side – we’ve worked closely with Sumrak, the author of the Namalsk map for Arma 2 / DayZ Mod and have completed a basic analysis and test multiplayer session on Namalsk in DayZ. The road to supporting a proper ecosystem on Steam Workshop will take time – but our goal is to have a strong set of tools, documentation, and examples by the time DayZ hits 1.0 and leaves Early Access. We’ll be reaching out to more DayZ Mod content creators over the coming months to gather feedback, and discuss exactly what modding DayZ will look like.

It looks to me like they are assessing what tools and documentation the modders will need, in order to publish alternate maps. In past posts, the devs have stated that they will not extend the existing map, nor add additional maps, but that option will be open to the modding community.

• Like 3

i found one at a police car
  • Like 2

I would think I am hearing bugged audio, which would be correct.  Allegedly you are going to "hear" things anyways with or without "fake" audio; so why try and simulate hearing things if that's something  us humans already do.  It's hysterical, and really breaks the immersion.  In the mod, when you thought you heard something it was a big deal, because you knew if you really did hear something it was another player, not some audio glitch.  This added a hell of a lot more stress to that question of "did I hear something?".

You lack imagination and not my problem, yours. Good luck with that.

Edited by Barnabus

Where do we report bugs for experimental? I think feedback.dayzgame.com is for the stable release only. I've found that with the stone knife, it fails to go into the correct suicide animation and just does the finger gun every time, making it impossible to suicide with it.

Where do we report bugs for experimental? I think feedback.dayzgame.com is for the stable release only. I've found that with the stone knife, it fails to go into the correct suicide animation and just does the finger gun every time, making it impossible to suicide with it.

In this case, that isn't a bug I don't think. They removed the ability to do that a little while ago.

As for reporting bugs in Experimental, that's a good question. I genuinely don't know. Many issues in Experimental are already known by the dev team prior to that build being released, and generally speaking they get wind of any major issues with Experimental via Twitter and the forums. Now that you bring it up though, I don't believe the feedback tracker usually includes more than the current version on Stable as a selectable option when reporting. You can manually enter a version number at the bottom, but you have to include a version number from the drop-down at the top and if they are not the same that might be confusing.

Edited by Tatanko

Nope, all feedback goes there.

At the bottom of the form, they ask for the game version. Give them the full version number, 0.54.126692, for instance. This gives them all the information that they need.

• Like 4

Same place for stable and exp, make sure you put .55 in the game version.

You lack imagination and not my problem, yours. Good luck with that.

This is difficult to just not reply to.  I lack imagination because I agree with you that people hear things all on their own without a sound ever being made?  You want the developers to keep "fake" sounds in the game so you don't have to imagine them yourself?  Now that is lack of imagination.  

• Like 3

I've noticed massive performance drops when I'm in the high rise apartments, hospitals, and any of the larger buildings. It also seems to go away when I get on the roof. 

I've also been in a medium sized-shed where a zombie has been attacking me from the outside, inflicting damage through the walls