eugenharton

0.54 Issues

Well, there is that round running bug - was it that?

It got stuck on a fence :P

Idk why, but on the same server we've had a tent up happily for the first four days. Then it disappeared after a loooong restart. And everytime we put up another tent now it seems to disappear after a day. Not sure why sometimes it stays, sometimes it goes. 

Also, I just logged on and my character is in his undies. No gear whatsoever. I was a fesh spawn after a zombie killed me in a server glitch. 

Edited by S3V3N

But you miss on thing... Games which you said about have something called story line and more AI than few zombies and animals.

It was an example as to how long it takes to create a good game, regardless of content in said game.

Good games takes years to develop, storyline or not, and rushing a game has never brought good results.

EA is a prime example of this imho!!

Ohh and wingman made a good point to, in the first year of DayZ development they had a very small team.

It wasnt untill they brought in the Bratislava department, they had the man power even remotely close to other AAA titles.

Also, I just logged on and my character is in his undies. No gear whatsoever. I was a fesh spawn after a zombie killed me in a server glitch. 

i've had this happen a few updates ago. i also read something on the forums about this long ago, i believe it's a pretty rare bug.

few days ago i nearly got run over by a jet-powered cow that was trying to break the landspeed record. funny shit

Eugen,there are problems with stuffed - hungry notifications.

Can we get a word,on whether these are intentional stomach capacity and food nutritional value tweaks in light of the upcoming cooking mechanics?

Or just another bug?

Of2idiB.jpg

QgJfG9M.jpg

The bug is with fountains and ponds, the system went from relative to absolute amounts in regards to stomach processor. That is because of liquid changes being absolute. Its gonna get fixed in 0.55. In the meantime best way to avoid it is to use canteens etc. The amount of stomach takes some time to process. And hydratation should kick in after the water made it into the stream.

• Like 8

Great to hear it. Thank you eugenharton!

Edited by PaniXx

Hey guys does anyone know (or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place) whether tonight's maintenance will wipe persistent states on private hives?

Ok so im not really sure if this is off the topic. But i just downloaded DayZ and when i try and launch it magnifies the screen and makes the mouse about 4 inches on my screen. Sometimes it will even crash... Does any one know any thing about this and is there any way to fix it? I really want to play DayZ!

You have to configure the resolution. By default it's something like 640x480.

Attachments were lost as the transition for the database to new nameclasses went haywire. Those attached to weapons might get restored. But no promises yet. I`ll look at it in the morning.

Eugen,

I didn't see any news, which I may have missed, about attachments in this weeks status report. I have only been playing experimental this week in hopes that attachments would be returned with the coming of the hotfix. Can you provide an update on if they will be restore or just to move on? I can understand if that latter, I just wanted to give it a chance for the former as I value my stuff.

Eugen,

I didn't see any news, which I may have missed, about attachments in this weeks status report. I have only been playing experimental this week in hopes that attachments would be returned with the coming of the hotfix. Can you provide an update on if they will be restore or just to move on? I can understand if that latter, I just wanted to give it a chance for the former as I value my stuff.

Try to read the first Post, they are gone and will not be back.

Time to search new attachments

• Like 1

Thanks wasnu,

Here's pie in my face for not actually reading the original post again to see the edit added.

So we packed up our tents for the great wednesday maintenace en all of our tents are gone on a persistent server... can somebody explain what went wrong?

So we packed up our tents for the great wednesday maintenace en all of our tents are gone on a persistent server... can somebody explain what went wrong?

Persistance is broken, see this issue about it (and vote it up! Its been broken since the 0.54 update, not just last night's update):

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=22040

Note: I don't know if last night's update changed anything about this. I also don't know if this is tents only, or other things are also lost. I've lost two military tents and one regular tent because of this, and now I just can't use tents, which is pretty annoying!

Yup our persistence crapped out on our private hive after the maintenance too, lucky we picked as much as we could beforehand.

So, I was equipped and happy before a server restart and afterward the game reset my character. But not to the character I had created, but to the random dark skinned guy with black shirt and blue jeans. What is the point of having a character server, if it resets not even to the character I made, but to the generic one? Let alone that I lost a tent, the backpacks and all my gear; and not just once, either.

I understand the Alpha idea, but I feel the hotfixes aren't really fixing anything. And you can't really call it a "stable" release when it is anything but stable. Sure, now I have more frames, but no game left to play. I'll start again in a few weeks, hoping for an update that doesn't break things. 

>>EDIT: It works again! Two days after the patch it seems, consistency is back!  

Edited by S3V3N

Persistance is broken, see this issue about it (and vote it up! Its been broken since the 0.54 update, not just last night's update):

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=22040

Note: I don't know if last night's update changed anything about this. I also don't know if this is tents only, or other things are also lost. I've lost two military tents and one regular tent because of this, and now I just can't use tents, which is pretty annoying!

Yup our persistence crapped out on our private hive after the maintenance too, lucky we picked as much as we could beforehand.

Are your servers with Vilayer as  well? In that report BI indicated it was a GSP issue.

With regards to your persistent servers and losing gear, have you guys tried to restore your loot file on the server? I don't run a persistent server yet due to other issues with persistence, but am curious if any of you have successfully restored your loot file and in turn restore your lost gear? 

I personally can't wait for persistence to work better and stop reading so many reports of players losing gear; its frustrating I know, but keep your head up and remember not to get too attached to your gear in this current state of persistence. 

• Like 1

It's not an issue of 0.54 as such, but I keep falling through the map when I'm in a truck. I can still get out and drive around, but since the position is under the map, my character gets reset every time. 

This happens, because there are seams in the landscape, where the trucks can fall through. I hope this issue will completely seize with the new game engine, because 3x I got reset like that by driving over a meadow. 

It's not an issue of 0.54 as such, but I keep falling through the map when I'm in a truck. I can still get out and drive around, but since the position is under the map, my character gets reset every time. 

This happens, because there are seams in the landscape, where the trucks can fall through. I hope this issue will completely seize with the new game engine, because 3x I got reset like that by driving over a meadow. 

Whoa, sounds like some massive desync happening there.

cant say I have heard of it this extreme before.

I don't have desync. I would have noticed in other games. I have cable Internet here. We actually have one of the fastest nets in Germany (because I live in a major city). I can't believe this happens to nobody else, because I have already fallen through the map like this, three times. And I don't drive a lot; it only happens in the truck and only off-road. It can't be desync, it must be something wrong about the entity placement. I actually believe the truck drives on the underside of terrain. I can't see it, so I can't confirm it, but what I think happens is that it actually sticks to the terrain from below. I can still drive around, but I can't get back up through the terrain's collision. 

Edited by S3V3N

I don't have desync. I would have noticed in other games. I have cable Internet here. We actually have one of the fastest nets in Germany (because I live in a major city). I can't believe this happens to nobody else, because I have already fallen through the map like this, three times. And I don't drive a lot; it only happens in the truck and only off-road. It can't be desync, it must be something wrong about the entity placement. I actually believe the truck drives on the underside of terrain. I can't see it, so I can't confirm it, but what I think happens is that it actually sticks to the terrain from below. I can still drive around, but I can't get back up through the terrain's collision. 

a friend had his car explode because he drove too fast in a bend. seemed like the car actually fell over from centrifugal force.

yesterday we drove 2 trucks from zeleno to prison island. yea, the truck appears to be an u-truck.

nothing odd happening, other than random 1-2 second graphic lags while fullspeed on the road, that scared the hell out of me.

also had my share of some wild offroad jumping.

i use 100mbit unitymedia.

Edited by Azrail

i have a new blocker right now:
0022505: constant BE update - game restarts every time i try to join a server

Switched from experimental to stable via opting out from beta and suddenly faced a game-blocker.
Whenever i try to join a server ingame i get thrown to the desktop, this window pops up (see attachment: be_cmd_update) followed by the game basically restarting itself: BI logo, early-access disclaimer, main menu.

-Switching back to experimental: does not work
-deleting all contents from the DayZ folder in appdata: does not work
-verifying game integrity: does not work
-all the above simultaneously: does not work