SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

How do the bipods work? I tried to attach them to the mosin, and the ak101 tried to lay down and put it on, didn't seem to attach but red.

Is there something special about them?

Bipods attach to the M4 with the RIS Handguard, and the AK's need to have the AK Handguard Rail.  Don't think the bipod will attach to any other weapon atm.  

RIS Handguard: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/M4_Handguard_RIS

AK Handguard Rail: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/AK_Handguard_Rail

Edited by Antykain

and also, the post you made made me a bit sad. "my gun looks like somebody with downs", that is terribly offensive.

Get over it. 

• Like 2

I'm suffering from the same crashes and memory leak issues many of you are having. It doesn't make the game *unplayable* but it does get on your nerves after awhile. The unfortunate part is that if I am in a vehicle when said crashes occur, my character gets killed and the body is dumped from the vehicle :| The first time this happened my friends were able to help me get my gear back, but the second time I was by myself and had to start over from scratch. Not a big deal, I'll just avoid vehicles for the time being. Except...

Crazy, I've had three of said crashes while in a V3S and all three times I've spawned back in next to the V3S with my dead body on the ground nearby. :o The last time I couldn't see my body but I didn't look too hard. Just happy I sort of survived!

Can't say I've experienced the stomach issue but that sounds pretty odd indeed.

Edited by solodude23

yes sir, when my cat died, i was sad, when my grandfather died i was sad.

and also, the post you made made me a bit sad. "my gun looks like somebody with downs", that is terribly offensive.

But, to make this on topic: the devs are perfectly aware of the problem at hand. There is a system in place to report bugs and also, there are plenty of ways to express your frustration regarding the loss of equipment in game other than insulting an entire group of people.

My tip, as simple as it gets,

Forum: a friendly PSA

Bugtracker: report the bug

Keep it to yourself: insulting people.

have a nice evening.

Ugh thats what you got on alright. It's not an insult though. I just pointed out how my M4 looks like. Edited by Yazar8

I can barely play for 15-20 minutes before i get a Low Memory warning in Windows, and then not long after it crashes to desktop with a dayz error. Pretty annoying. I understand this is Alpha, but performance has definitely regressed since previous patch. I've removed all the startup command line options.

Same problem here... Especially the frequent "low memory" warnings from Windows. But I also got them from time to time with the old patch, though i have 8 GB of system memory, and otherwise only firefox with one tab and skype running... Dont have this probem with anything but Dayz.

DayZ is already a big project now and many new games like this start to copy the idea. Alpha is not an excuse anymore, you are on top already. Number one priority should be to maintain a stable build with no crashes/memory leaks so that people can invest time in this game. Also a guaranteed persistence system will attract and keep so many players to invest time in this game. I am a little disappointed about this build. Each stable update should not create any worries for us players.

Persistence randomly turned off on our private hive server today, had to uninstall then reinstall it, strange one

I7 4790k, GTX 980, playing at 1440p

Done and tested so far.

- Removed startup parameters.

- Validated game cache.

- Deleted DayZ folder in AppData

- Deleted Dayz Folder in Documents.

- Deleted all game Dayz files in steam folder

- Re-downloaded and reinstalled game.

Still FPS problem there. I log in either the FPS is at 1-13 fps  or it is fine and stable at around 90fps. If its the later, soon, within a minute FPS drop to 1-13 and stay there. Objects texture dont render or de-render before my eyes. Houses disappears and reappears before my eyes. If I do ANY changes to video settings that perform a forced re-render of the screen. The FPS gets back up to normal for a few seconds or perhaps as long as a minute. Then we are back to 1-13 FPS.

Game is in the end unplayable. Thank good Homeworld Remastered just got released on Steam. That could dampen my DayZ hunger.... I feel it will be a while before this is fixed for me... Prove me wrong please =)

Edited by lv8pv

Bipod back in game, still not attachable to Mosin...

Intended or not working as planned?

Does the Mosin have a rail? No? Then yes, it's intended.

• Like 1

I7 4790k, GTX 980, playing at 1440p

Done and tested so far.

- Removed startup parameters.

- Validated game cache.

- Deleted DayZ folder in AppData

- Deleted Dayz Folder in Documents.

- Deleted all game Dayz files in steam folder

- Re-downloaded and reinstalled game.

Still FPS problem there. I log in either the FPS is at 1-13 fps  or it is fine and stable at around 90fps. If its the later, soon, within a minute FPS drop to 1-13 and stay there. Objects texture dont render or de-render before my eyes. Houses disappears and reappears before my eyes. If I do ANY changes to video settings that perform a forced re-render of the screen. The FPS gets back up to normal for a few seconds or perhaps as long as a minute. Then we are back to 1-13 FPS.

Game is in the end unplayable. Thank good Homeworld Remastered just got released on Steam. That could dampen my DayZ hunger.... I feel it will be a while before this is fixed for me... Prove me wrong please =)

Sad to hear this... too bad. I prefer just playing DayZ  as it was and not seeing new stuff, just want to play a stable version to have fun.

The dupping bug that worked in 0.52 still happens.  Honestly, i wasnt even trying. All i need to do is to play with a friend and it will eventualy happen by itself.

Trees could swing a bit less. Its getting weird after a  few drinks, i was increasingly seeing things cause of all the slight movement.

Hell, i was about to KOS an oak.

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

It is, but until we get further on into development, issues like this will most likely still occur. If released builds had to be completely free of issues like these, there most likely wouldn't be Stable branch updates on a monthly basis.

What if there wouldn't be stable branch updates on a monthly basis? It would be great honestly with one condition - if stable branch is really stable.

Hell, i was about to KOS an oak.

Oak Trees are naturally friendly, no worries. I haven't gotten to experience those changes yet. Hope I don't get vertigo or some such :/ 

What if there wouldn't be stable branch updates on a monthly basis? It would be great honestly with one condition - if stable branch is really stable.

Im having no issues besides the once every two hours memory problem ... So hopefully your case is just a weird bug that will get fixed in short time, remember it's in alpha so that alone guarantees that some of us won't have an easy time playing...

No matter how much money dayz makes or how "on top it is" doesn't make a difference , the game still needs to go through hundreds of changes and unfortunately people just need to get used to the fact that their super rigs will not perform very well at all sometimes , sad but true ... So we all have to remember that no matter how beastly our computer is and no matter how far along we are into alpha that there will be "stable branch builds" that are pretty unstable for some, and that's just the battle and nature of alpha. And noone can argue that away no matter how much people say " don't just keep saying it's in alpha" because it is and just because Bohemia is making Dayz very well doesn't mean that they are exempt from the sometimes painful process of ALPHA .

Obviously dropping what's going wrong with this build and your computer is a great way of relaying info so don't stop putting info into the feedback tracker but I honestly would not want a different system , I like how we get at least one patch to stable per month and I think it works out pretty well as we only have a couple small annoying bugs that make it to stable on some occasions and it's not nearly unplayable for most compared to some other patches like the .34 patch that had everyone rubber banding if they did anything but crawl (that was a shitty month for dayz ..) .

• Like 5

Im having no issues besides the once every two hours memory problem ... So hopefully your case is just a weird bug that will get fixed in short time, remember it's in alpha so that alone guarantees that some of us won't have an easy time playing...

No matter how much money dayz makes or how "on top it is" doesn't make a difference , the game still needs to go through hundreds of changes and unfortunately people just need to get used to the fact that their super rigs will not perform very well at all sometimes , sad but true ... So we all have to remember that no matter how beastly our computer is and no matter how far along we are into alpha that there will be "stable branch builds" that are pretty unstable for some, and that's just the battle and nature of alpha. And noone can argue that away no matter how much people say " don't just keep saying it's in alpha" because it is and just because Bohemia is making Dayz very well doesn't mean that they are exempt from the sometimes painful process of ALPHA .

Obviously dropping what's going wrong with this build and your computer is a great way of relaying info so don't stop putting info into the feedback tracker but I honestly would not want a different system , I like how we get at least one patch to stable per month and I think it works out pretty well as we only have a couple small annoying bugs that make it to stable on some occasions and it's not nearly unplayable for most compared to some other patches like the .34 patch that had everyone rubber banding if they did anything but crawl (that was a shitty month for dayz ..) .

In my case the memory leak won't let me play longer than 20 min, anyway I will investigate more, check launch parameters if I have any. By the way I have 8 GB RAM and no page file, but never had problems and there is enough memory for windows to cache game files as well, but last night it was horrible... 20  mins of game play and got 3 warning  messages regarding memory then game entered a wired start and crash/stop loop. I had to kill the process. So that was all for 0.54 build - 20 mins of game play.... :(

• Like 1

I've never had an issue with DayZ like I've had today. I logged on somewhere between Elektro and Cherno and was getting typical frame rates.

I headed towards Prigorodki and experienced a drop to 8 frames. I adjusted some video settings and managed to get it back to regular, only to have it drop back to 8 frames after about 20 seconds. I logged off and back in, same issue, 20 seconds, then massive frames loss. I restarted DayZ, same issue. I restarted my PC, same issue. I shutdown my PC, blew it out with compressed air to make sure it wasn't overheating, checked temperatures, everything was running at normal spec. I tried DayZ again and still had the same issues. Now I can't even get it to run at regular frame rates for 20 seconds after changing video settings to Default (640x480, etc.)

Is anyone else experiencing this? or am I having hardware issues?

HUGE problem for me - I can't make splints. No matter how many times I spam it I'm stuck with a broken arm. F11 used to do the trick but that's been fixed, and holding w does nothing any more. I have no choice but to stop playing until this is fixed :( Can anyone comment? Also, I can't suicide with f11 any more for some reason.

How many times are you breaking limbs that the game is unplayable for you if you don't have a bag of splints ? Check the small blue medical buildings or the lockup room in any jailhouse. I usually find more Morphine than i can carry. Check if they will work on you or mabey have another kind soul use one on you if you can't use a morphine.

I've gotten this "referenced memory at 0x, memory could not be written" crash as well , a couple times now :0 !

Getting this as well and a few other players on our TS mentioned this yesterday. :(

Kind of saddened by the news of only one person being able to get into the cargo of a V3S.

I was too, but progress is progress :) 3 > 2 :)

I've never seen players lagging as much as I've seen tonight. Same server I'm always on, players warping back and forward.

I was called a hacker last night for the first time ever and I believe its due to this lag. I was a fresh spawn running by the Factory when I was shot at with a mosin. I bobbed and weaved towards the player who shot at me and landed a punch to his face. He started bleeding and ran off stating "Nice hacks you got there bro, nice teleporting hacks". He ended up gunning me down but another player on our TS mentioned my character looked like it was jutting around all over the place (i.e. like teleporting). 

For those of you getting massive frame rate drops, please report these on the feedback tracker as others on here have already mentioned. The Dev's need to know about this and your feedback is what they need. I'm sad to hear about the drops some of you are seeing especially on nice rigs with new video cards. My rig is on the old side these days but I have not had any drops like I've read in the first 7 pages of this thread. My rig info is below for comparison.

Board: EVGA P55LE

CPU: i7 860 overclock to 3.8 ghz on a Corsair H100 cooler

Memory: 8 gigs, kingston memory (forget model but its meant for gaming, tight timings and good overclocking ability)

Video: GTX 680 (EVGA brand). 

As a server owner I am very happy to see this update had a lot of fixes in it; the dev's have been hard at work in my book. Our server restarted on its own 3 times yesterday before we had a server freeze. This is far better than it was in .53 where roughly 30 mins. or less before a scheduled restart and we'd freeze up. 

Item interaction to me seems buggy/glitchy (you choose the vocabulary :) ). I had to on several occasions leave the house/building I was in and return to pick up an item. I also noticed this being the case when I was carrying my gun. Didn't always want to put the item into an open slot in my inventory. Could be lag related, but just something that stood out right off the bat. 

Overall I'm enjoying this build and looking forward to making a trip up north to find all the parts to the new vest. 

THANK YOU DEV'S!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. 

As software engineer myself I had this up in my office years ago and this release just made me think of it again. I know the dev team is working hard but I couldn't resist a good laugh.

prodtest.png

• Like 4

Sorry, but this here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/221336-054-issues/#entry2223408

is not really true I think. I have most of these problems, and I dont use any launch parameters or any strange kind of setup. So please try to find the problems, instead of just telling people all the time they should remove their launch parameters....

p.s. maybe to specify, I dont get the crash where it says something about "cant write to bla bla ba..", but Windows just warning me that my computer is running low on memory, which should really not be the case with 8 gb of ram. This also happened sometimes with 0.53, but got much more frequent now. Also, while I play my screen sometimes goes back to the "receiving" screen, and if I'm lucky I can play again after some seconds. If not, I have to kill Dayz using the task manager.

Edited by ErichZann

I've been all over up north, not a single geek or animal. Can anyone confirm that AI is spawning?

Ohhhh ya they are spawning ... I can confirm they exist by the dozens in the northwest airield , severograd , grishino , and plenty of other new cities between severograd and novodmitrovsk ...

Sometimes you won't see Zeds or animals up north though as people love to make loot routes and farm the crap out of the area. But on another note can anyone confirm baby (or very young) animals being in game ? I could have sworn I saw a mother deer and two younger, smaller looking deer ... Mommy got stuck on a fence so I got wrapped up in killing her but I really believe that there was some young guns that got away :) !

They always have spawned there. It's anything past Severograd that is empty. I have never seen a single animal past that area up near like Kamensk,Stary Yar,Tisy,Nagornoe. up in that area.I don't know if it has anything to do with the original map ending where the east to west Severograd line starts. Seems nothing spawns where the new add on northern area starts. Anyway i spend most of my time up there hiding with my vegetables and i have never seen any wildlife. You can catch fishies though which is nice :D ]

026aa218-47b5-4351-9a52-9d355d2b9a7a_zps

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 3

This was our M.O at a previous gig.  I had it printed and posted in my office as well.

As software engineer myself I had this up in my office years ago and this release just made me think of it again. I know the dev team is working hard but I couldn't resist a good laugh.

prodtest.png

Wouldn't it make sense to remove the logout timer so if a player crashes doesn't get killed by a zombo or player while trying to restart the game?

• Like 1