SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

Funny thing, saw a cow trying to fight three zombies just outside of Berenzino: 

New animal AI at it's best :D

Edited by Sleezy
  • Like 5

So our server has been seeing random lockups or freezes, almost as much as in .53. Yesterday was really bad and nearly unplayable. Some of it was due to high ping players (500+) but even after restarting with semi low population (20 players) we still saw the server struggling and stuttering.

I sent a ticket to our GSP (fragnet) and they responded with help by changing the affenity settings on our server's CPU. I dont know the details to what they set affenity to but so far so good. Last night even with some high pingers the server seemed a bit smoother most notably when around other players. Less rubberbanding and less players sliding across the terrain.

Dont know if this will help other server owners for this patch but if youre with fragnet it might be worth having them check your servers settings for improved performance.

I've been going over to the prison island and I've been finding pm 73 rak mags so I was wondering do they spawn at prison island now. If so then I'm gonna have to start looking for it.

The memory-bug is really annoying. It happens every 20 minutes. And every one has it. Please fix it fast. Thats the first problem i really care about in an alpha state. Thanks for the good work although.

Oh and the maxmem parameter doesn't work for me. With it DayZ doesn't crash, the whole PC crashed...

Edited by Algano

The memory-bug is really annoying. It happens every 20 minutes. And every one has it. Please fix it fast. Thats the first problem i really care about in an alpha state. Thanks for the good work although.

I was having that issue initially, but after adding -maxMem=2047 to my start up options I haven't crashed and played 6 hours straight yesterday.  Sucks to have a GPU with 4 gigs memory that you can only use half of, but it did seem to fix the issue.

is the memory bug fixed yet?..................still no................................back to H1Z1.

• Like 1

Lawl do you know how to read Gunny? That page show's about 1,500 people from THE START OF ALPHA IN 2013 who have had fps problems, to let you know (since all you like to do is shit talk and act smart yet never actually come to feasible conclusions) and only about 30 of those reports have been reported in the past two months lawl !! We know people have fps problems so stop acting like a little bitch and just report your Findings to the bug tracker , it's helped 1,422 people and it will eventually help you !

Whenever you come around to these forums I'm like : "aww shit not this guy again all he ever does is talk shit and act like a child ! " .. I can't wait for you to go into hiding again like you do after about 15 or so shit posts !!!

that is right that it's an old feedback, but it's awalys updated, because i'm subscribed on it ( things that you maibe not) and there are posts also from most recent patches. Quite often i get a notify of a new feedback on that report.....3 are feedbacks on the ticket are from this patch, and 7-8 about the previous one.

And i don't consider the people that are not ACTIVELY supporting (even if they should be) with tickets because they just play, and they just types on the forum...so that they are words on the winds. But they are more than a dozens for sure. How many here are reporting lagging issues and executing strings not working? 1? 2? ..no 12 pages whereas at least 2 people complay for lagg and fps drop to each page.

This patch has been released fucking to early!

I know how to read, and "TILL THE END". I make statements on facts and scores: the productivity brings to a score and a goal,  not suppositions, hopes and excuses. That's how works on real life but also on business: to do not make companyes' work embarassing. -pwned-

This patch has been released TOO EARLY and patch over patch we are telling to fixing drop FPS issues...but no! they are adding even more stuff, to make game heavier and then uplayable on zones where things could/should be tested out!

I appreciate to adding more stuff, but please...fixing the existing one first, or some of them! What system we should play with within 2 months? With a non existing 12 cores?

I Was the one that posted  the RED-CHAIN and the next day they removed the post because of the glitch, telling me was dangerous the others would had read a thing like that! And then i was surpiresed that half of the community didn't know at that... then "BANG" Next patch they removed the red chain. I'm not an employer but i see things before who should.

Edited by GunnyITA

Funny thing, saw a cow trying to fight three zombies just outside of Berenzino: 

New animal AI at it's best :D

one of the 500 bugs fixed, yay!

Besides fps drop I also have a weird texture glitch that makes the grass and player blackish when it rains.. Comes and goes. Only happened after recent patches (0.53 and 0,54) and never in the 500 hours before. And suddenly it won't let med launch from Steam.

Edited by aasand

I was having that issue initially, but after adding -maxMem=2047 to my start up options I haven't crashed and played 6 hours straight yesterday.  Sucks to have a GPU with 4 gigs memory that you can only use half of, but it did seem to fix the issue.

That parameter refers to system memory, not video memory iirc.  And it doesn't stop the crashing for all of us either, me being one.  It's funny though, I have a good friend that I gave my old PC parts to (i5-2500k OC'd, 8 gig ram, nvidia 560ti) and he hasn't experienced a single memory crash (or any crash at this point in last couple days) and my system will crash regularly 20-40 min into game play with an i5-3570k oc'd, 8 gig of the same ram, and SLI gtx 760s.  (and no its not the SLI I have tested with it off as well)

is the memory bug fixed yet?..................still no................................back to H1Z1.

This: I was having that issue initially, but after adding -maxMem=2047 to my start up options I haven't crashed and played 6 hours straight yesterday.  Sucks to have a GPU with 4 gigs memory that you can only use half of, but it did seem to fix the issue.

That parameter refers to system memory, not video memory iirc.  And it doesn't stop the crashing for all of us either, me being one.  It's funny though, I have a good friend that I gave my old PC parts to (i5-2500k OC'd, 8 gig ram, nvidia 560ti) and he hasn't experienced a single memory crash (or any crash at this point in last couple days) and my system will crash regularly 20-40 min into game play with an i5-3570k oc'd, 8 gig of the same ram, and SLI gtx 760s.  (and no its not the SLI I have tested with it off as well)

A friend with an older low end system pointed out to me that he never has a crash and I can't complete an hour without a CTD with my GTX970.

A friend with an older low end system pointed out to me that he never has a crash and I can't complete an hour without a CTD with my GTX970.

I'm using an i-5 4690 3.5Ghz with 8 gigs of ram and the GTX970.  Since adding the memory command, whether video memory or otherwise, it hasn't crashed yet.

I'm using an i-5 4690 3.5Ghz with 8 gigs of ram and the GTX970.  Since adding the memory command, whether video memory or otherwise, it hasn't crashed yet.

Glad it worked for you .. just saying it doesn't work for EVERYONE having this problem as lots of people are acting like it does.

Not any other game is pushed quite to the limit as DAYZ is doing, and might be a game that can burn out a pc part like the CPU and GPU if stressed very well and noot cooled properly. Since 0,47 we are getting performance worse and worse.

Gj Dean to let us at this...

whos dean?

Besides fps drop I also have a weird texture glitch that makes the grass and player blackish when it rains.. Comes and goes. Only happened after recent patches (0.53 and 0,54) and never in the 500 hours before. And suddenly it won't let med launch from Steam.

I have the same thing happen to me as well. It's not all the time but it is quite annoying when it does happen as it almost seems like there's a dark storming cloud following me.

Have you tried returning to stock speeds to see if it fixes anything?

Me too, -maxMem=2047 is the solution for me.

-maxMem=2047 fixed both my friends(win 8, i5-4670k,8gb,7790) and my crashing issue (win 7, i5-3570k,8gb,7870.)  It does seem to stutter for a second every 10-20 min, but at least we can play.  Thanks.

• Like 2

-maxMem=2047 fixed both my friends(win 8, i5-4670k,8gb,7790) and my crashing issue (win 7, i5-3570k,8gb,7870.)  It does seem to stutter for a second every 10-20 min, but at least we can play.  Thanks.

Do you use only maxMem2047 or other strings?

day3

Finaly caught the pig. rushed him 90kph with a v3s shouting "didnt see that one comming did ya" and killed it after it made a run for veresnik hill.

smart piggie, but not smart enough!

MY friend wasn't too happy about it :lol: I went full yolo off the road straight into the pig shouting at it

I dont care, I feel complete now. I showed that boar on who's the alpha.

Edited by halp
  • Like 2

Have you tried returning to stock speeds to see if it fixes anything?

No and honestly I'm not going to mess with system settings that deep to try and get it to work, they can fix it on their end.   I can leave prime95 stress testing without any crashes, my OC is stable.

beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b5

Today's build of 0.54 on Experimental (126646) has rid me of crashes, and I imagine it well for most everyone else as well. Logged about 4.5 hours and the only crash I got was when I clicked "Exit" to close the game anyway. Hopefully they'll put this build on Stable tomorrow and we can all get back to focusing on what's important.