SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

Important: Weapon attachments

They are gone, all weapon attachments have been wiped. I lost my pristine AK bayonet, my M4 is currently naked. It looks like a down syndromed person right now.

dana-carvey-waynes-world-watn-red-carpet "get over it, go out with somebody else"

• Like 7

To all those get over it people out there when it comes to people reporting problems. Most of us understand that this is just par for the course as it is an early access game. That said we are just reporting the issues as that is the point of early access. Whereas posting "Get over it" contributes nothing to the thread.

• Like 4

15 mins after starting playing the new Stable build. No problems so far. (Except the private hive reset. Public hive didn't seem to be affected.)

33cq7ft.jpg

2a5axaa.jpg

14klkrp.jpg

2 words, Prison Island. B)

• Like 1

Took a quick run through after the update and I liked the ambient bugs and sounds.   I found a bipod in a civ house, hunting knife in a civ truck, sunglasses in a jeep and the new modeled compass (which was aligned correctly) also in a jeep.  Found 2 plate carriers by the big mil trucks, one pristine, one damaged, they dont seem to have any slot capacity and they appear at the top of your inventory like boots sometimes do.   Also found a V3S in Stary Yar, they were always supposed to spawn up there but never actually did.   Last I crafted an improvised silencer but it crafted into damaged condition and wouldnt attach to my Blazer, dont know if that was from condiiton or from attempting to attach it to the wrong type of gun ... maybe I'll go looking for Sporter.  

Doubt that would work on a Blaze since it is a breach action rifle with two barrels.

• Like 2

They fixed something I reported cx Yay! No more "Feed Powdered Milk" when I'm tryna shove some guts into someone's mouth c: 

• Like 1

dana-carvey-waynes-world-watn-red-carpet "get over it, go out with somebody else"

It's going to get restored. Also It's just gear. But you don't feel sorry when you lose something important for you?

Doubt that would work on a Blaze since it is a breach action rifle with two barrels.

tape two improvised suppressors together? that would be neat, and the loading from the breach wont have an affect

My private chars seem to be gone, hope its not permanent. Have about 15 (yes, i made a list B) )

Also i had a crash ingame where everything went very colorful followed by "the instruction 0x .... referenced memory at 0x... - the memory could not be written

Remove your launch parameters and then rage harder.

THX,save my life :-)

Please remove ALL of your old Steam launch parameters if you haven't already done so.

Yeah that worked but now I get low FPS everywhere and got a Memory hard crash (the first I ever seen) and back to desktop!

Yeah that worked but now I get low FPS everywhere and got a Memory hard crash (the first I ever seen) and back to desktop!

Hmm. There are definitely some quirks and performance issues with this build of 0.54 that were present in Experimental as well. Hopefully we'll get a hotfix for some of this in a week's time.

• Like 1

My private chars seem to be gone, hope its not permanent. Have about 15 (yes, i made a list B) )

Also i had a crash ingame where everything went very colorful followed by "the instruction 0x .... referenced memory at 0x... - the memory could not be written

I've gotten this "referenced memory at 0x, memory could not be written" crash as well , a couple times now :0 !

Those memory leak crashes were there in experimental too. I was hoping they would get fixed before hitting stable, guess not.

As for private hives character, I noticed this as well, but there's no official word on it. I'm just gonna wait till we either get an official response that there's been a private hive wipe, or that they're rolling back our characters. During this period, I'm going to just play on public hive and wait till we get our private hive characters back, or they tell us it's official all our characters are gone.

For those who were asking about the Plate Carrier earlier in the thread, Wobo did an excellent guide to how it all works and fits together:

• Like 5

To all those get over it people out there when it comes to people reporting problems. Most of us understand that this is just par for the course as it is an early access game. That said we are just reporting the issues as that is the point of early access. Whereas posting "Get over it" contributes nothing to the thread.

Well, to fair. Reporting stuff that the experimental crew knew about and most likely already reported numerous times doesn't really add much to the thread either. =P

Well, to fair. Reporting stuff that the experimental crew knew about and most likely already reported numerous times doesn't really add much to the thread either. =P

It may have been a known issue on the experimental but not on the stable. As my thoughts would be why would it not have been fixed since it was such a simple issue before rolling to stable. This is conjecture but I assume it was thought to be fixed and was only known to still be an issue once reports started coming in.

- Weapon degradation.
- Suppressor degradation.

Why? Stupid worrisome mechanics that no one wanted.

I want it , and i hope they both deteriorate very very quickly , So every traveler i run into doesen't have a gun.  It's about time.

• Like 1

As always, we will be watching server data, and the feedback tracker for any potential severe issues and will address them accordingly with a hot fix. For any bugs/issues you run into, please let us know by filing it on the feedback tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com

New items:

- Improvised suppressor.

- Water Pouch.

- Bone Hook.

- Bone Arrow.

- Pile of bones.

- Carrier plate with attachable holster and pouches.

- Blood bag now gives and takes twice as much blood.

- FN Trombone.

- New animals.

- V3S Cargo version.

New mechanics:

- You can craft improvised suppressor using water bottle and duct tape.

- You can craft bone hook out of pile of bones.

- You can craft bone arrow out of pile of bones and improvised arrow.

- Weight added to all items and clothes.

- Caliber of ammo affect suppressor degradation.

- Horticulture - Potato plant and its growing process.

- You can dismantle the FN Trombone.

- Continuous consumption and item use prototype.

- Items now shows only rough estimates about its weight and volume of containment.

- Cooking mechanics changes.

- Fireplace mechanics changes.

- Fluid mechanic tweaks.

- Blood mechanic tweaks.

- Weapon degradation.

- Suppressor degradation.

New animations + audio:

- Placeholder SFX for improvised suppressor (standard suppressor SFX).

Reworked locations:

- Devil's castle.

- Pik Kozlova.

- Black & Willow Lakes.

- Bor village.

- Quarry near Solnichny.

Map:

- All old rocks models have been removed and replaced with new ones.

Programming:

- New spawn tags added to all buildings.

- Degradation values set for pistols, rifles and silencers.

- Blood regeneration nerfed.

Fixed:

- Pouches for vest is now displayed properly in hands.

- Suppressor position on Longhorn while reloading.

- Message when loading ruined ammo.

- Spliting stone using pickaxe will give you smaller stone with correct damage state.

- You can no longer use mace for cutting raincoats into armbands.

- Mace can no longer be used for skinning.

- Force feeding guts text.

- Thermal mechanic fixes.

- Server stability fixes.

- Performance fixes (server).

- Bullet pentration fix.

Known issues:

- Animals spin in one place.

- Animals die randomly.

- Animal navigation.

- Animal animations are playing at a wrong resolution.

- You can drive v3s while knocked out.

- Only 1 person can get on back cargo of v3s.

- Random desync.

- Random client crashes.

- Random server crashes.

after this update i run at 3 fps please help me 

- Random desync.

- Random client crashes.

- Random server crashes.

Why is this making it into stable isn't this is what exp is for ?

Been plagued with client crashes tonight.

People are moaning about losing their weapon attachments? 

I was greeted with a full character wipe on my server when I had a fully kitted AKM.

No issues for me so far. Found a bottle and some duct tape and made the improvised suppressor - looks good. I've added a few screenshots of it before and after being fired =)

It greatly reduced the gunshot sound, and of course completely destroyed the bottle. One time use only =)

http://imgur.com/a/aYlhj

Edited by gqren

When I logged on it threw my secondary range weapon that I was carrying in my hands down and now it is just floating in the tree texture and is unable to be picked up. This happened for me and one other mate that I am with in the group.

Cut down the tree - its always done this for weapons that you double carry

• Like 1

Investigating the Private hive issues, and attachments. Know why they probably happened. Gonna come back here tommorow.

• Like 5